Atanocc 531 SVR log

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
image-80293894.jpg

Numbers are going to be started at 85% based on these numbers:
405/300/515/200(OHP)
BW: 195lbs

I've ran 531 for a few cycles and cube kingpin before this. I started strength training with 531 and had some decent results. Went to cube kingpin and put 50lbs to my total. I'd like to start 531 again, but now with some more experience and more knowledge on lifting. Main focus now is technique! My numbers have been up and down due to inconstancies with recovery and diet. So constancy is key. Shoulder pain has also been lingering around lately, causing my pressing to suffer.

Big difference with this program is the rep scheme. Each cycle it's AMRAP on (week 1) and on (week 2-with another set of AMRAP of FSL:first set last-65%), and heavy singles on week 3(5/3/1 sets).

Every 4 weeks(or 3 if I dnt deload):
-Assistance will be changed
-10lbs + to squat/deads, 5lbs + pressing movement

Diet: rice/meat/veggies Lol no real specific diet at the moment. Just eat about 4-6 big meals a day

Supps: supp game been lackin. Only using a PWO

Goals:
Perfect my squat! Perfect my technique. Increase my numbers!

Some realistic goals while running this program
455 squat
585 dead
365 bench

Will be trying to post some vids for form critique to help me further hone in on my technique.
Here are some recent vids:

http://instagram.com/p/ujqbjSBoCY/
505 sumo pull

http://instagram.com/p/ujqNGpBoCD/
405 squat

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the strength.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Week 1 (3s)
Sumo

315 x 3
355 x 3 hand tore open for some reason
395 x 5 left some in the tank
-had to put on gloves because I was bleeding

Jokers
405 x 1
455 x 1

FSL (first set last)
-worked on form
315 x 3 x 3

Oly squats
135 x 10
155 x 10
185 x 3 x 10

Bb rows
135 x 4 x 15

Seated cable rows
-upper back focus
140 x 3 x 12

Leg raises
Lunges
Calve raises

-first time a motherfckr that works there told me to not slam the weights. So I lightly placed them on the ground wasting some energy smh. That's why I dnt go at this time. Too quiet.

I'll post up vids in abit.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in

joh408

Awards
  • Established
In. Need to read beyond 5/3/1 and check this out. Looks perfect for what I want to do

iddc

iddc

Awards
Sup!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually LIFT iron! Subbed for the "1" in 531!

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Thanks for following along fellas

Here was tonight's work. Finally got a chance to hit the gym. Was kinda cold since haven't did much all week due to work and studying so weights felt heavy

Cycle 1 week 1 bench
185 x 3
205 x 3
235 x 11 amrap

Jokers (paused)
255 x 1
275 x 1

FSL
185 x 3 x 5 wide grip
-not the best idea for wide grip.

Chins in between bench

Db incline
65 x 5 x 15

Chest support HS rows
3 x 10
Cable rows
2 x 18

Flys
3 x 10

Curls
4 x 12

Weights were heavy today. Kinda of cold due to lack of mobility during this week since I was studying and working. Took a while to warm up, and couldn't get tight on my lifts so weights did feel a bit heavier then usual.

http://instagram.com/p/vZ_svrTMxH/
No arch to avoid pain.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so you jump right into the prescribed reps/% with no warmup?

Also, do you add joker sets onto every day?

Lol, sorry. Trying to get a feel.

Nailed those presses AT.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Ok, so you jump right into the prescribed reps/% with no warmup? Also, do you add joker sets onto every day? Lol, sorry. Trying to get a feel. Nailed those presses AT.
No don't be afraid to ask questions man. I do multiple warm up sets leading up to the first working set. So say bench for example:

I do some rotator cuff work w/ a 10lb plate
Then hit some sets of 10 w/ the bar
Then 3-4 sets x 8-10 reps w/ a plate
Hitting some chin ups in between.

Then bam I'm all warmed up to bench.

Jokers I put in when in feeling up for it. I'm going to utilize more of it during the first week since I'm working at a low percentage the first few cycles. As I get closer to the 531 week(which is the 3rd week, so right by next week I'll minimize the amount of jokers I'll use) I'll stop doing jokers to help my body recover more. I won't do em if I'm feeling like blah. Only if I know those reps will go up w/o a struggle or a sticking point. And I'll go up to about the Max I base off my percentages on(so 85-90% of my true max).

And FSL is added on to my first few weeks to add some volume onto the main lift. Later on once I get into some heavier stuff I'll cut down the volume.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FSL? What's that?

As my max (or 100%) should I use the most weight I've ever pushed on that exercise or my calculated 1RM? I haven't done a lot of maxing out in years, so a true training 1RM may take me a while to find.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
First set last. So since I did 185 for my first working set, I'll also do it as my last set, kind of like back off sets

And I would use 85-90% of ur estimated calculate max. Better to start off light and work ur way up. That way you won't hit a plateau and you won't be hitting forced reps w/ bad form/technique. It's better that you leave a rep or two on ur AMRAP. This kind of program is meant for slow progress. And you'll get that chance on the 3rd weeks or even the first weeks to hit PRs, wether it be a rep PR or a heavy single. Jus as long as u listen to ur body when u feel that u can push it or just call it a day after the prescribed reps

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Cycle 1 week 1
Squats 3s
245 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 10

FSL
245 x 3 x 5 paused reps

GMs
135 x 10
185 x 10,10
225 x 10, 10

Leg press
3 x 20
Leg ext
3 x 12

Back ext
4 x 15

Side bends w/ plate
3 x 15
Superset
BSS
Bw x 3 x 20

- kind of out of it today. Had the runs right befor and couldn't stay tight throughout the workout. U could see it in my squat as my butt would pop up every time. Finally felt better towards the end w/ back ext lol w.e.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Out of it maybe, but still strong. I'm starting to get excited to try this.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squats + runs = no bueno.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Thanks fellas. Yea not sure what it was that got me blowing up the toilet. Lol

Here was OHP work. Kind of spilled over the next week since I was busy last week.

OHP
125 x 3
145 x 3
155 x 12 dnt remember my rep PR but these felt easy. Had 2 more in me I think

Pull ups in between

Cg bench (5s)
185 x 5
225 x 3 x 5
245 x 5
255 x 4 got stuck on the 5th rep
-http://instagram.com/p/vhnXu9zM22/

Seated Db shoulder press
60 x 4 x 12

And the rest was fluff work.
Front raises
Lateral raises
Face pulls
Cable curls
Cable skull crushers

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Link isn't working but I'll check out IG later.

I meant to ask this earlier but forgot. Why so much hip action on the GMs? Granted, I may be doing them all wrong. Lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah atans a beast a pressing

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
**** you're a good presser
Link isn't working but I'll check out IG later. I meant to ask this earlier but forgot. Why so much hip action on the GMs? Granted, I may be doing them all wrong. Lol
Yeah atans a beast a pressing
Thanks guys. Once I can find my groove again w/o any pain, I'll kill this shyt. Cg was painless! Laid the weight on my lats and sprung up like cake

But the GMs I'm honestly going by natural feel. I like to sit back on my GMs and I'm not exactly sure if that's proper. If anyone that knows that would be great if u can clear this up. I do em almost like an RDL but the weight on my back. Wide stance too

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is similar to how I do them. Similar to my SLDL, really. I just feel in in my lower back and core more than in my hammy's.

http://youtu.be/tIh_nVSJ-co

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
This is similar to how I do them. Similar to my SLDL, really. I just feel in in my lower back and core more than in my hammy's. http://youtu.be/tIh_nVSJ-co
I c. Yea one thing I dnt want to do is round my lower back like that guy was doing. Once I start getting into heavier weights, my legs start bending more and my hips start to try to sit back more into a squat. Especially when fatigue kicks in but yea I'm not sure what is proper. I just simply go by natural feel for now. Hopefully someone here knows lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I c. Yea one thing I dnt want to do is round my lower back like that guy was doing. Once I start getting into heavier weights, my legs start bending more and my hips start to try to sit back more into a squat. Especially when fatigue kicks in but yea I'm not sure what is proper. I just simply go by natural feel for now. Hopefully someone here knows lol
Sorry man. Yeah, he rounds his back bad. I was only watching the legs/hips when I searched.

I keep my head up and elbows down like a squat. I push my hips back while keeping my legs as straight as safely possible during the descent. Almost like the beginning of my DL setup before I sit a little to keep my shins straight-ish.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in! Looking strong. Nothing to critique as the reps all looked pretty smooth.

As far as bench goes with no arch, I am not a fan. But from your bar path, I think we can make some adjustments that might be friendly to what's going on with your shoulder. I could be all wrong, but try this: just get on your traps a little more, doesn't need to be a huge big belly arch. Use a wide grip and externally rotate hard at the top and then bring the bar straight down, not a lot of tuck, just the crook of your arms pointing toward your head. You've got strong pecs and delts, so less tuck should be best for you.

Interesting program, too. Interested in your results with It.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Very glad to have you man. Always room for someone w/ ur experience! I'm interested as well w/ what the progress will b like w/ this program as well. Only time will tell. Well yea man I'll give it a try for bench. Thanks again for the critique. Keep em coming!

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Nice pressing man. With good mornings I do em one of two ways. The way I originally did em was with a big arch in the low back and basically an RDL type movement with the hips. I feel those mostly in the glutes, basically feels like a hip thrust with weight on my back. I've been doing em like a failed squat with less back arch and the knees coming a bit forward, longer range of motion on these. Feel these more in the hams then the other ones, do em lighter though as you are put in a mechanically weaker position I think.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Sumos week 2 cycle 1
285 x 5
340 x 5
375 x 10

340 x 5
285 x 20 fck me

Olysquats
135 x 12
185 x 10
225 x 10
225 x 10 called it here. Wanted 5 sets of this but no fckin way after the rep deads smh

Bb rows (strict upper back focus)
135 x 4 x 15

Seated rows
4 x 12

Lunges
SS/ leg ext
3 x 15

Done. Couldnt catch my breath today. Call it cardio. Too much coffee in the AM got me feeling heavy today at the gym. Not tight at all. Kind of muscled my way thru the work out. No vids because I forgot to charge the other phone. Ehh not that my form was on point today anyways. But my positioning still feels better. Not hunching over the bar as much I feel.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
That 20 rep set would be brutal... Nice work

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think my form could hold up for 20 reps of DL's anywhere near that heavy. Nice job Atanocc.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10 @ 375? Jeebus!

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Bench week 2 cycle 1
165 x 5
195 x 5
215 x 12 http://instagram.com/p/vrAwlizM3A/

195 x 5
165 x 20

Chins in between

Db press
80 x 3 x 12

Hs rows , chest support
-mimic bench motion (3 plates and a 25)
4 x 10

Skulls
70 x 25,22,20,20
Bb curls
75 x 4 x 12

Cable flys
4 x 15

Early workout. So took a while to warm up. Used false grip w/ bench to be able to arch w/ o pain. Felt a good spring action w/ the lats today too. So happy w/ that

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They looked liked they were "springing" up. Flew fast. Nice work AT!

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
After a week off due to work/ school. Finally got a chance to go today before the holiday. Kind of weak today due to lack of mobility work and eating like a bird over the week. But put in decent work tonight

Squats cycle 1 week 2
225 x 5
255 x 5
295 x 10

245 x 5
225 x 20 got light headed here. Almost passes out right after.

295 was blah. Butt wink due to lack of mobility, from being on a seat all week. The back down sets went a bit different. Pointed toes a bit more inward to get more tension and helped w/ butt wink. And was able to rep out 225 way better

Conventions dead lift ( mid stance)
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
Sumo mid stance
315 x 2 x 5
-felt real good leg drive compared to my wide stAnce. Less hip hinging and just exploding up by leg drive.

Leg press
3 x 15

Done. All I had time for. Kind of pissed I missed a week of training and feeling a bit weak from not eating like my usual self. Ehh life.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
ehh missing a week wont kill you man!
True man. But I never feel great after a week off. Squats seems to suffer the worst. My legs get too cold/stiff and back gets tight. It needs higher frequency for em to feel optimal for squatting. Might just add some light squats even on OHP day as well to keep things moving.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happy thanksgiving bro.

295x10 on squats gets you extra cobbler lol

iddc

iddc

Awards
Conventions dead lift ( mid stance)
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
Sumo mid stance
315 x 2 x 5
-felt real good leg drive compared to my wide stAnce. Less hip hinging and just exploding up by leg drive.
Hell of a lot easier on the hips too!

I'm about to go on a week of no training too, work related

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Ssb squats
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3 x 5http://instagram.com/p/wFAHmWzM6W/
225 x 10

Cycle 1 week 2 (5s)
OHP
115 x 5
135 x 5
145 x 15

Cg bench
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
255 x 5

Pull ups wide grip

Seated Db press
40 x 20
55 x 15
75 x 8

Bb front raises
20 x 20
40 x 15
60 x 12

Db lateral
4 x 12

Face pulls
4 x 15

Leg raises
3 x 15

-decided to hit squats w/ OHP for added frequency. So I took out the back down sets because I would of passed out if I done em lol. Couldn't catch my breath for shyt. Bad lungs I guess. Too much hookah in my younger days and no cardio.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong pressing and squats At. I hope my gym gets a SSB one day

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome workout. Form looks great in the video too.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Strong pressing and squats At. I hope my gym gets a SSB one day
Thanks bud. Felt good after the long weekend and lots of food. Presses felt stronger today. Got 5 reps compared to 4 last time for cg bench w/ 255. Ssb seems to hit my weak points good. Like a FS w/o the stress on my wrist. But yea that would be an awesome tool u should have available at ur gym man.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Awesome workout. Form looks great in the video too.
Thanks bud. Really trying to work the squat. I'm actually planning on prioritizing the squat for a few cycles. Putting it in front of deadlift and OHP days.