• Start date
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me and breezy11 have been talking about this for some time. Figured with all this intra noise as of late, what better time to start a joint log and show off what having pin-point nutrition and supplement use with balls out training (more breezy than me, guys unstoppable but I try) can really do.

We've both been bulking this off season and gains have been solid but were both at a "insulin priming" spot in off season and are about to go HAM. Were also going to do our best to answer questions as we both are flooded w PM's

Not to mention show off sweet SNS and PES products along the way :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the ride

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
All aboard! Choo choo

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
so in, learned so much from breezy, can only imagine what i can learn from you too distilled!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amaze-balls in some awesome-sauce.

In! :)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. :)

Thanks for joining, everyone. I'll post more details when I can, but start off with a quick rundown of today's training.

This morning's session was light/secondary back work, with giant sets making up the majority of it.

Giant Set: 4 rounds

-Banded Smith Rows

-DB Pullovers

-Rhomboid Rows: elbows high and wide

-Prone KB Rows: supinating wrists

-Prone KB Shrugs: dropped after round 2 because I couldn't get any clean reps

-Band Chest Pulls

-Dead Hang

Round 2:

[video=youtube_share;cqoJNlkjatM]http://youtu.be/cqoJNlkjatM[/video]

*I had to replace the sound on both videos with music provided by youtube (copyright issues)

In-and-Out Neutral Grip Pulldowns: I wasn't sure what to call these, but it's how I wrapped up today's session. I did 2 sets as shown in the video.

[video=youtube_share;4o7Es0yHhIA]http://youtu.be/4o7Es0yHhIA[/video]

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In on epic thread

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sub'd

After our last discussion about this particular topic I've added HBCD and strive to my intra workout.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Just wrapped up legs. For some reason my videos didn't save to my phone so....I suck

Heavy leg day here are some highlights

BB Squats
4 sets of 405x6

And just for fun, ended with occlusion leg curls and leg extentions
Do you try and keep heavy sets low volume?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you try and keep heavy sets low volume?
Not really, just what the program I'm currently running prescribed. I did some higher rep leg presses after with shorter rest periods.

However, in the past, I've usually done this as my legs respond pretty well to the approach above.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know I couldn't miss this! Subbed buddy...err buddies

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! This is going to be a fun one.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
So what's the dosing protocol?

How long are these workouts?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what's the dosing protocol? How long are these workouts?
There's no set in stone protocol, it varies depending on body part being trained and recovery from previous workouts.

Workouts, for me, typically range from 30min to a little over 1hr (typical heavy leg/back day and heavy chest/shoulders)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sub cityyyyy.

drshoebparvez

Awards
Hii everyone hru all hope you all must be fine nd in good health.

dylanvib4

dylanvib4

Awards
New here, and subbed. Looking forward to being a part of y'alls progress definitely.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Already have a good intra protocol but subbed to learn more.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I trained legs this afternoon. It was a tough session, especially after running on lower calories and minimal carbs this week. I'm towards the end of a mini diet and will start bringing calories and carbs up soon.

I finished a program from Meadows yesterday and will most likely plan my own training for a month or 2 before getting something new. That being said, my training won't be much different, but I can start posting more details again.

Banded Lying Leg Curls

2 warm-up sets of 15
4 working sets of 8

-15 partials out of the stretched position on final set

This is a video from a week or 2 ago, but shows the same setup used today:

[video=youtube_share;1q9u5RsJxW4]http://youtu.be/1q9u5RsJxW4[/video]

Hack Squats
2 feeder sets of 5
4 working sets of 8

-duck stance: heels together, standing on a block, pushing off balls of feet

-constant tension

KB Bulgarian Split Squats

25x15
35x15
40x15
55x10 +10 second iso-hold, drop to 35x6 +10 second iso-hold, drop to 15x4 +10 second iso-hold

Final set (one leg):

[video=youtube_share;NQHMiUsqVf8]http://youtu.be/NQHMiUsqVf8[/video]

BB Back Squats

135x12
225x6
315x6
365x6
405x6
405x6
405x6
405x6

-worked up with sets of 6 to a weight that would be good for 4 sets of 6 without grinding

-took a 4 min break after split squats

Last 2 working sets: second set from a better angle

[video=youtube_share;OI0IATm5bAo]http://youtu.be/OI0IATm5bAo[/video]

BB Stiff-Legged Deads

3 sets of 10

-full ROM: flexing glutes at top

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
In on this!!

jaydenwilson

jaydenwilson

Awards
Hope to learn a lot as I'm new to the weight training business

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Can someone explain the benefits of HBCD vs powerade/gatorade powder? Are they similar in what they do, or are they worlds apart in the results they give!

Edit: or refer me to some study or website!

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Can someone explain the benefits of HBCD vs powerade/gatorade powder? Are they similar in what they do, or are they worlds apart in the results they give!
HBCD acts as a delivery system. Because of its molecular structure, it can "trap" other molecules thus delivering them more efficiently. It's basically what waxy maize should have been.

Been doing a lot of reading on HBCD and even with IFN releasing their cyclodextrin ecdy product, it had me thinking on using HBCD with some ingredients that we know of to have poor bio-availability (i.e: laxogenin, ecdy, resveratrol).

I'd be particularly curious using ecdy with HBCD powder and EAAs around a workout.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can someone explain the benefits of HBCD vs powerade/gatorade powder? Are they similar in what they do, or are they worlds apart in the results they give! Edit: or refer me to some study or website!
Worlds apart. I'll let breezy respond fully bc he's more "poetic" than myself lol.....plus I'm pretty sure he has links on tap.

It has to do with the cone structure of the cyclic Dectrins VS most designer carbs and how they in essence "trap" aminos and help with transportation

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was scheduled to train arms today but woke up with some serious left shoulder and elbow pain. Started warming up with machine curls and elbow blew up like a ballon....not good.

I'll be doing 600mg ibuprofen every few hours with some compressed ice/heat rotation and plenty of lacrosse ball therapy on my shoulder.

Today was a high carb day with a cheat meal and will go back to more of my keto based diet tomorrow.

I'm supposed to train legs tomorrow but depending how my my elbow feels it may be a leg week for me. Splitting up 2 days each for hams and quads

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Edit: or refer me to some study or website!
As The Engineer and DW mentioned, one thing that makes it unique and is often overlooked is it's cone shaped structure, which can "trap" other nutrients inside. HBCD has a high molecular weight and could bind to amino acids with a lower molecular weight, allowing both to be shuttled at the rate of the fast acting carbs.

Cyclodextrins are actually used in Febreze and are what "traps" the odors. Instead of trapping stink, you're trapping EAA, BCAA, hydrolyzed proteins, etc., which then get shuttled at a fast rate along with the HBCD.

It's also easier on my stomach. When in a caloric surplus my carb intake can be very high, which includes intra-workout carbs. I can consume a lot of HBCD without any stomach issues and I wouldn't be able to handle the same amount of carbs in the form of Gatorade or other sources.

now that i'm done screaming at my TV and crying over the Dolphins losing.. again... found this on Facebook and just realized Mr. Meadows reposted it as well:

https://www.facebook.com/SuppVersity/posts/843133455718806?fref=nf
I saw that earlier as well. Here's what he had to say about it, "Not the exact kind of training we do, but I think this gets us further down the path of asking even more questions on why branch cyclic dextrin is a very unique carb that works unlike others in terms of recovery."

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This morning's session was heavy chest/shoulders. I've started to bring my calories up, but carbs will remain on the low end for a couple more days. I'd like to keep fat gain minimal over the next few months, but I'm sure I'll be adding some. The plan is to "eat because I'm growing", as opposed to "eating to grow" (credit to Bill Willis).

HS Incline 5-4-3-2-1 Press
4 sets

-constant tension

1st and 4th sets: The first set felt light and I added additional reps, but I quickly found out that I was using plenty of weight for the approach being used (if wanting to keep chest isolated and not involve other muscles). The key here is to keep tension on (flex) the pec in the iso-hold position by not fully locking out. These are great.

[video=youtube_share;1HywsiQV1aw]http://youtu.be/1HywsiQV1aw[/video]
*had to edit out sound on 1st set

BB Incline Press
4 sets of 6

-small jumps in weight

-constant tension: lowering to ~2" above chest and pressing to 3/4 lockout

Flat DB Press
3 sets of 10 (with 2 drops of 8 reps each on the 3rd set)

-full ROM: good stretch/hard flex

Machine Rear Delt Flyes
3 sets of 20

-30-40 seconds rest

-1 second hold in contracted position

Chain 10 and 2 o'clock Laterals
3 sets of 10 (with 10 partials on the final set)

-mid-position between a front raise and side lateral

-attached handles to chains

BB Front Raise/Band 4 Ways
4 sets of 10/6-8

-front raise: flex/hold at top, slow eccentric

4th set:

[video=youtube_share;RVxE-eCyDno]http://youtu.be/RVxE-eCyDno[/video]

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll go over my intra approach for the next two weeks as I'm in an insulin sensitivity phase.

Carbs will only be intra right now. I'm really just trying to consume carbs to keep recovery up and enough glycogen to train. Since this is the case and it looks like legs will be my only body part for the foreseeable future, they'll be a bit higher.

A good baseline is to start with is 50gr HBCD and 20gr EAA or Peptapro for your "heavy days"

Since I'm still trying to grow and I'm a bit more advanced (but not by much) I'll be keeping my carbs closer to 75gr intra and and 25gr EAA

Recovery is pretty good for myself on heavier days with these macro breakdown for training but will be adjusting if need be and I'll keep people in the loop as far as training and recovery. As well as pictures. Should probably shave these monsters first

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I'll go over my intra approach for the next two weeks as I'm in an insulin sensitivity phase. Carbs will only be intra right now. I'm really just trying to consume carbs to keep recovery up and enough glycogen to train. Since this is the case and it looks like legs will be my only body part for the foreseeable future, they'll be a bit higher. A good baseline is to start with is 50gr HBCD and 20gr EAA or Peptapro for your "heavy days" Since I'm still trying to grow and I'm a bit more advanced (but not by much) I'll be keeping my carbs closer to 75gr intra and and 25gr EAA Recovery is pretty good for myself on heavier days with these macro breakdown for training but will be adjusting if need be and I'll keep people in the loop as far as training and recovery. As well as pictures. Should probably shave these monsters first
What is the next best thing other than pepto pro

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This morning's session was heavy chest/shoulders. I've started to bring my calories up, but carbs will remain on the low end for a couple more days. I'd like to keep fat gain minimal over the next few months, but I'm sure I'll be adding some. The plan is to "eat because I'm growing", as opposed to "eating to grow" (credit to Bill Willis).

HS Incline 5-4-3-2-1 Press
4 sets

-constant tension

1st and 4th sets: The first set felt light and I added additional reps, but I quickly found out that I was using plenty of weight for the approach being used (if wanting to keep chest isolated and not involve other muscles). The key here is to keep tension on (flex) the pec in the iso-hold position by not fully locking out. These are great.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/1HywsiQV1aw
*had to edit out sound on 1st set

BB Incline Press
4 sets of 6

-small jumps in weight

-constant tension: lowering to ~2" above chest and pressing to 3/4 lockout

Flat DB Press
3 sets of 10 (with 2 drops of 8 reps each on the 3rd set)

-full ROM: good stretch/hard flex

Machine Rear Delt Flyes
3 sets of 20

-30-40 seconds rest

-1 second hold in contracted position

Chain 10 and 2 o'clock Laterals
3 sets of 10 (with 10 partials on the final set)

-mid-position between a front raise and side lateral

-attached handles to chains

BB Front Raise/Band 4 Ways
4 sets of 10/6-8

-front raise: flex/hold at top, slow eccentric

4th set:

Video Link: http://youtu.be/RVxE-eCyDno
you jumping back on a new meadows program?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I use 50g HBCD, unless its a day like today where it was light arms for just 45 mins. Did 30g

But usually 50g HBCD, 10g PeptoPro, and 15g EAA from Amino IV, or Nutrabolics Anabolic State. Got two 30 serving tubs at the Olympia for $20 couldnt pass that deal up

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats what i was thinking! What product you rolling with currently swol?
I use AminoD cut with bulk EAA. I was lucky enough to log for Purus and ran across a BOGO sale on then so picked up more out of principle. They taste great.

PES AminoIV looks solid and if I was buying a straight intra based EAA, the profile is awesome.

AminoD is a solid option as well.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I use AminoD cut with bulk EAA. I was lucky enough to log for Purus and ran across a BOGO sale on then so picked up more out of principle. They taste great. PES AminoIV looks solid and if I was buying a straight intra based EAA, the profile is awesome. AminoD is a solid option as well.
BOGO still on sale somewhere?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's today's back session.

Banded HS Unilateral Leg Press Rows

single arm
4 sets of 8 + 4 with a slow tempo and hard flex/hold

-added weight each set

1st and 3rd sets:

[video=youtube_share;KAN-YDoHtxQ]http://youtu.be/KAN-YDoHtxQ[/video]

both arms
2 sets of 10

2nd set:

[video=youtube_share;XwlucRwiVH8]http://youtu.be/XwlucRwiVH8[/video]

Banded Chest Supported Rows

4 sets of 12

-strict form: focus on actually using back to move weight

-added weight each set

-elbows kept high and wide, targeting upper back/traps

2nd set:

[video=youtube_share;DUm4xZ6kDgA]http://youtu.be/DUm4xZ6kDgA[/video]

DB Pullovers

3 sets of 12 with iso-holds and a drop on the 3rd set

-lying on bench, not across

-stopping concentric with DB over head

Wide Grip Rear Facing and Front Facing Pulldowns with a weighted stretch

3 sets of 8 rear + 8 front + 30 seconds stretch

-first 8 reps: facing away from pulldown station without the support of leg pads

-last 8 reps: facing machine with legs under pads and additional weight

-stretch: as much weight as possible, legs under pads, letting the weight pull/stretch you

Banded Hyperextensions

3 sets of 20