KLEEN Cut's back on the supplements but not the progress!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
KLEEN's Training Log

Hey everybody, I am starting a new phase in my journey in fitness. I have recently found out that my kidneys are not functioning as they should due to getting a severe infection in my kidneys leaving some scarring when I was younger. Typically as people age function drops and mine has begun to but the scarring already had me at a lower level of kidney function so it is time to be careful. I am not sick but I am doing this to keep from getting sick. A part of this new phase is that I will be taking minimal supplements. Basically I am limiting myself fron anything that could cause harm to my kidneys. Unfortunately this is a pretty broad range of supplements... Protein will not go over 170g per day but the goal for most of the time will be no more than 150g per day. No creatine based supplements. I will find out as things progress what I can do or use or I may simply opt to cut supps out completely and focus on only nutrition and training.

I am also working on getting my Certified Personal Trainer cert through N.A.S.M. and Sports Nutrition Coach certification through Precision Nutrition so I will be putting things I learn in these certifications into play here as well. I am constantly trying new nutrition strategies to see how they work with my body so there will be a lot of info and or experimentation with nutrition and also various types of training as I focus on broadening my horizons even more than my almost 30 years of lifting has already.

In here I will talk about training, diet,and whatever the heck I feel like discussing. We will have fun, you can create conversation in here not just directed at one particular thing. Their may even be some educational articles or studies posted in here. Just going to be a fun thing to do and be a part of is the plan.

Side not this log was originally an Olympus Labs log and I have no negative feelings toward them. Infact as a supplement company goes they have been top notch in in everything they do during the time I was repping for them. However I can no longer use the supplements which are compensation for reps so it was only logical that I stop repping not just for them but any supplement company.

Rather than ask everyone following this log to move to another log I simply renamed it and replaced the original text in the introduction with this. I will end up having it moved to either the training or nutrition section. More than likely the Training section.

Thanks for following Kleen!

If you would like to skip ahead to where I found out I needed to drp my protein and adjust my diet here is the link to get you there. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/olympus-labs/256911-kleens-adventures-mt-9.html#post4698569

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In!! Started using Olympus products the past month and have not been disappointed. About to start a cycle of Osatr1ne and EP1C.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for knowledge!! OL products have made me a totally new person and I'm loving it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to have you in here BIGred1874! Sounds like a sweet little run!

I will be starting a run with DermaTR3ST & DermaTR3N next week. I plan to run Ben Pakulski's MI40 X2 training program while on it. I am starting the Primer phase of training this Friday.

This morning was a nice little workout I posted it in my other log but since I am moving to this one here we go again.

Not often but was looking for something fun and challenging to do that was different from the volume I was doing last week. I had good luck with it when I did it last year though. Today I did them on my BB Curls but Dead Lifts and Leg Press were straight sets.

I got a bit of a late start today but put in the work with intensity.

Curls Oly Bar Tempo 4-1-2-2 - 45x15, 45x20 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5

Deads Lifts Tempo 3-1-1-2 - 5 sets last 3 sets were 315x10, 10, & 8

Leg Press Tempo 4-0-4-0 5 sets 8 plates to failure on each set. Man the super slow tempo both up and down crushed me plus I never locked out so tension remained constant. Burn was excruciating and pleasing all at the same time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Brother, and good to hear! Excellent great to hear Tom! Assuming that is your name...
Yes sir, Tom it is! And I see your name is Chris, this is going to be great!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I'm in on this. Have only used a few of OL's products but enjoyed them. Actually running Tr3st 50mg preworkout right now for another week or two. Been using it until another "supp" kicks in ;) Kinda, but not really, a kicker if you will. I like the aggression and energy I get off the Tr3st preworkout.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im in!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes sir, Tom it is! And I see your name is Chris, this is going to be great!
Excellent and yes it is going to be great! I am highly motivated right now and plan to have some fun while reaching some goals.
I'm in on this. Have only used a few of OL's products but enjoyed them. Actually running Tr3st 50mg preworkout right now for another week or two. Been using it until another "supp" kicks in ;) Kinda, but not really, a kicker if you will. I like the aggression and energy I get off the Tr3st preworkout.
Nice gotta love a good kick. I am holding off on running oral TR3ST until I find out how I handle the smooth kick of the TD.

Awesome Brother! Glad to have you in here.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FIRST! Yessss!!!! ;)

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I am here!!! :D

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Not first

Revival

Revival

Awards
Room for one more?!!!

Make Thor look like a little biotch bro!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Dang 2 pages already, I gotta catch up!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in love OL!
LOL Nice! Welcome!
FIRST! Yessss!!!! ;)
First Lady fo sho!
I am here!!! :D
Welcome Brother!
Not first
But far from last Beast!
Room for one more?!!!

Make Thor look like a little biotch bro!
Absolutely! Planning on hulking out a bit.
Dang 2 pages already, I gotta catch up!
Just getting going not much to catch up on but hello's.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright I am going to go ahead and fill you guys in on what I have on the way and a tentative dosing plan.

1 Bottle of DERMATR3ST, 3 bottles of DERMATR3N, and some TUDCA for general health. I already have some support supps and a bottle of EP15TANE at the house. Currently I am on TRT at 150mgs per week and I take my shots twice weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 75mg each to keep levels more stable.

I plan to run TR3ST at low doses just 50 a day unless I find I really enjoy it and bump it up and order a second bottle next month. If so I imagine I will not go over 75 since I have so much DERMATR3N. I am currently using Adex at .25 with every shot of Test. I may very well switch over to TransFORM midcycle but for now I am sticking with what I already have going on.

So for now it looks like this.

DERMATR3ST 50mg daily weeks 1-8 unless I bump it to 75.
DERMATR3N - 90mg first week to limit sides coming on quickly mostly BP issues ( I don't have any BP issues typically but this is a tren products so being careful only makes sense. I will more than likely bump this up to 120mg quickly then to 150mg for the entirety of the cycle. Then again depending on sides who knows...

Basic Supports
TUDCA will be taken at 500mg for general health purposes and to help with Lipids.
BP Stabil as recommended on bottle.
Fish Oil or Krill Oils regularly and plentiful

Not so basic supports
Tamoxifen 20mg EOD to keep the nips safe. These are some old research caps if they don't workout I have Ralox on the way.
Mild doses of Adex also to keep nips safe. I will more than likely keep to current dose unless going up is actually needed.
Also have Caber and some Prami on hand if needed.

Keep in mind guys I already have some gyno so I am being extra careful having everything under control.

Goals for this run to be leaner and larger at the end of it. I am not worried about strength and as a matter of fact the training protocol I will be following is far from a strength based program. MI40 X2 is more about creating muscle tension to induce hypertrophy than it is picking up big weights.

My diet will change through out the run however it is more than likely going to be a lot of protein, fats and greens, and low to low moderate carbs with some refeeds tossed in for good measure.

Also I am currently studying for the NASM Personal Training Certificate and the Precision Nutrition Level 1 Nutrition and Sports Nutrition Coach certificate so you may see some other stuff sprinkled in or possibly me migrating from the current plan a bit to test some things out. Those of you who are used to my logs it will be no surprise that I am no stranger to experimentation in the pursuit of knowledge and experience.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright I am going to go ahead and fill you guys in on what I have on the way and a tentative dosing plan.

1 Bottle of DERMATR3ST, 3 bottles of DERMATR3N, and some TUDCA for general health. I already have some support supps and a bottle of EP15TANE at the house. Currently I am on TRT at 150mgs per week and I take my shots twice weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 75mg each to keep levels more stable.

I plan to run TR3ST at low doses just 50 a day unless I find I really enjoy it and bump it up and order a second bottle next month. If so I imagine I will not go over 75 since I have so much DERMATR3N. I am currently using Adex at .25 with every shot of Test. I may very well switch over to TransFORM midcycle but for now I am sticking with what I already have going on.

So for now it looks like this.

DERMATR3ST 50mg daily weeks 1-8 unless I bump it to 75.
DERMATR3N - 90mg first week to limit sides coming on quickly mostly BP issues ( I don't have any BP issues typically but this is a tren products so being careful only makes sense. I will more than likely bump this up to 120mg quickly then to 150mg for the entirety of the cycle. Then again depending on sides who knows...

Basic Supports
TUDCA will be taken at 500mg for general health purposes and to help with Lipids.
BP Stabil as recommended on bottle.
Fish Oil or Krill Oils regularly and plentiful

Not so basic supports
Tamoxifen 20mg EOD to keep the nips safe. These are some old research caps if they don't workout I have Ralox on the way.
Mild doses of Adex also to keep nips safe. I will more than likely keep to current dose unless going up is actually needed.
Also have Caber and some Prami on hand if needed.

Keep in mind guys I already have some gyno so I am being extra careful having everything under control.

Goals for this run to be leaner and larger at the end of it. I am not worried about strength and as a matter of fact the training protocol I will be following is far from a strength based program. MI40 X2 is more about creating muscle tension to induce hypertrophy than it is picking up big weights.

My diet will change through out the run however it is more than likely going to be a lot of protein, fats and greens, and low to low moderate carbs with some refeeds tossed in for good measure.

Also I am currently studying for the NASM Personal Training Certificate and the Precision Nutrition Level 1 Nutrition and Sports Nutrition Coach certificate so you may see some other stuff sprinkled in or possibly me migrating from the current plan a bit to test some things out. Those of you who are used to my logs it will be no surprise that I am no stranger to experimentation in the pursuit of knowledge and experience.
This is going to be an epic log...again;)

Glad your bicep is feeling better!

Lean Kleen killing machine is back!!!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
This really, is, going to be a great log!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
I'm in!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lets see how the "immortals" train!

In with high expectations good SIR!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome!
What up Hyde!
Lets see how the "immortals" train!

In with high expectations good SIR!!!
Oh boy! No pressure there at all. All I can promise if some growth, some recomp and some good conversation about training, nutrition and life in general.

In for the knowledge and change
Excellent! I plan to make sure there is some serious change.

I will post up a couple before pictures of where i am now after my lay off and then post up some every couple of weeks at least to show how I am progressing.

Okay so this morning I decided it was a conditioning day. I had to be home an extra 30-45 minutes early as it was the wifes early day at work. So the update here will be limited.

HIIT on Stair Mill 20 minutes
Tabatta on Rowing Machine 1000 yards in 4 minutes 1 minute cool down. This almost killed me talk about intense.

Had to head back home due to needing to leave house for work early.

According to my tracking my stuff should be at home when i get there tomorrow. Now I am trying to decide if I should start it the run Friday or wait until Monday. The first day of the Primer program is Friday, however even it has enough volume and time under tension to make good use of the hormones.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
I'm in !

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Welcome!

What up Hyde!

Oh boy! No pressure there at all. All I can promise if some growth, some recomp and some good conversation about training, nutrition and life in general.

Excellent! I plan to make sure there is some serious change.

I will post up a couple before pictures of where i am now after my lay off and then post up some every couple of weeks at least to show how I am progressing.

Okay so this morning I decided it was a conditioning day. I had to be home an extra 30-45 minutes early as it was the wifes early day at work. So the update here will be limited.

HIIT on Stair Mill 20 minutes
Tabatta on Rowing Machine 1000 yards in 4 minutes 1 minute cool down. This almost killed me talk about intense.

Had to head back home due to needing to leave house for work early.

According to my tracking my stuff should be at home when i get there tomorrow. Now I am trying to decide if I should start it the run Friday or wait until Monday. The first day of the Primer program is Friday, however even it has enough volume and time under tension to make good use of the hormones.
1000 yards in 4 minutes is booking it!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
are you planning on getting bloods done
I just had some blood work done last week. I am on TRT

Component Standard Range Your Value

TESTOSTERONE LEVEL 292 - 867 NG/DL 1010

SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 17 - 66 NMOL/L 37

CALC FREE TESTOSTERONE 4.8 - 25.0 NG/DL 22.9

Hepatic Function Panels

Component Results

Component Standard Range Your Value

PROTEIN TOTAL 6.0 - 8.4 G/DL 7.1

ALBUMIN 2.9 - 5.0 G/DL 4.5

BILIRUBIN TOTAL 0.1 - 1.3 MG/DL 0.6

BILIRUBIN DIRECT 0.0 - 0.3 MG/DL 0.1

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 30 - 132 U/L 58

AST (SGOT) 5 - 35 U/L 32

ALT (SGPT) 7 - 56 U/L 34

I will be getting other metabolic blood work done on Monday, I will expound on the reason for that momentarily.

However since I am on TRT I don't think there is really going to be anything we need to look at in the end unless you have something in mind you wanted to see.

Welcome
1000 yards in 4 minutes is booking it!!!
Thanks! "That's just how I row" :)

Okay so today was a body weight circuit I rocked it between several body weight movements pretty much non stop for about 40 minutes! I worked up a hell of a sweat and my heart rate was pounding like an excited drummer boy!

Okay so on to what is going on with me. My doc found trace amounts of blood and protein in my urine but no bacteria. So I am being sent for an ultrasound of my kidneys. I also have to do a 24 our urine test on Sunday. Then turn it in on Monday morning at which point I will be getting a complete metabolic panel. What this means is I definitely wont be starting my cycle probably for another week. No big deal I will go through the primer phase of the program then hopefully start it on the following Monday. Just need to make sure everything is squared away first. Also the doc wants to schedule my physical once this is done so I need to do that also. Obviously I can't go for a physical and all my blood work while on cycle. Worst case scenario this cycle gets pushed of a few weeks but it won't change the fact I am going to crush the workouts. If it look as if it may linger on a bit I will start back up on my EPIC and DermaStr3ngth! :)

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
what dosage were you running seems a bit low
TRT low at 1000ng/dl+?! No. Just no. This is dr perscribed TRT not cruising at a gram blasting more. I'd love for my doc to keep me that high.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bloods looking great bro; sorry they have to dig a little deeper on your kidneys (I know you've had an uphill battle w/ them since young) but like you said the cycle will be there and it's awesome that you can start slaying weights with or without a cycle - I've had some of my most enjoyable training periods in off-time anyway.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
what dosage were you running seems a bit low
I run at 150 a week and I guess you did not read the normal ranges next to my range. Normal range tops out at 867 mine is at 1010 that is not low. Perhaps you were thinking I was cruising and not on legitimate doctor prescribed TRT?
TRT low at 1000ng/dl+?! No. Just no. This is dr perscribed TRT not cruising at a gram blasting more. I'd love for my doc to keep me that high.
Exactly my thought Beast!
I'm subbing for the knowledge.
Excellent!
Bloods looking great bro; sorry they have to dig a little deeper on your kidneys (I know you've had an uphill battle w/ them since young) but like you said the cycle will be there and it's awesome that you can start slaying weights with or without a cycle - I've had some of my most enjoyable training periods in off-time anyway.
Thanks on both accounts and most of my time lifting was being off. Yeah they are thinking possible kidney stones... Also starting to make a medical case to have this gyno removed. I have had it since I was 12 but being low test for a few years before it was "low enough for trt" they started to get bigger. So I have to go have a test done on them too. It will probably be a process but hell might as well try right.

Okay I started the MI40 X2 Primer workouts today. Holy Volume and Time Under Tension BatMan!! This was a beast of a workout. It took me 90 minutes or close to it. I didn't time it but it was definitely over an hour. Here is how it went down...

Each superset has 3 exercises, at the end of each superset is 3 minute rest period. Tempo is 2-0-2-0 so 4 seconds per rep an average superset is 3 minutes 20 second of constant work. SHEESH! The last superset was at least one less set per exercise...

Super set 1
Supported Machine Rows - 15 reps 4 sets
Seated Side Raises - 20 reps x5 sets
Barbell Curls - 15 reps 4 sets

Super Set 2
Bent Over DB Rows - 20 reps x 5 sets
Reverse Pec Flies - 15 reps x 4 sets
Preacher Curl Machine 15 reps x 4 sets

Super Set 3
Narrow Grip Cable Rows 15 reps x 4 sets
DB Front Raises - 15 reps x3
One Arm Biceps Cable Curls Facing away from machine - 20 reps x3

This workout is a beast! Oh were you see an extra set in these it was done tacked on to the back side of one of the super sets. I am still whooped from this one. The normal workouts are less volume and only about 40-45 minutes total each. However this Primer Week is gonna be a bitch!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I've ran MI40 before, I think you will enjoy it.

As for the surgery. First and foremost MAKE sure you have a reputable surgeon do it. Preferably one that has done that type of surgery before. I had a lump removed on my left side 4ish years ago. The doc that did it said he had done it many times before. Well instead of just taking out the gland/tissue, he went to deep and got into the muscle. I not only have a bad scar but now when I flex there is a 'divot' on that side. Pisses me off still to this day!! If I had to go back I probably would of never done it.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the shoulder and bicep pairing. Will have to try it. Don't think any of my workouts isolate the 2 like that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've ran MI40 before, I think you will enjoy it.

As for the surgery. First and foremost MAKE sure you have a reputable surgeon do it. Preferably one that has done that type of surgery before. I had a lump removed on my left side 4ish years ago. The doc that did it said he had done it many times before. Well instead of just taking out the gland/tissue, he went to deep and got into the muscle. I not only have a bad scar but now when I flex there is a 'divot' on that side. Pisses me off still to this day!! If I had to go back I probably would of never done it.
jdg76 Was it gyno removal surgery or breast cancer sometimes they have to cut into the muscle if cancer from my understanding. If gyno removal you should have sued him for botching it. Once I get things approved by my insurance I will go pick the doctor I want to do it and pick a reputable and good plastic surgeon not just an oncologist. I will have to see before and afters of several people before I choose who will do it. That or have my insurance pay for the plastic surgery as part of the cost. I have pretty good insurance. Thanks for the advice man! Of course if I can't get insurance to do it I am going to go pick a good guy for sure.

Oh you have done the new version of MI40? I did the original one and liked it but this is MI40 X2 the one he just released recently.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like the shoulder and bicep pairing. Will have to try it. Don't think any of my workouts isolate the 2 like that.
He tends to group things not only on what is worked together but planes of motion. In some of the regular workouts you will see Chest side delts and biceps since they are hit hard in the stailization, then back rear delts and triceps some interesting grouping but yeah this workout was intense even though light weight.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
M140 time ?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76 Was it gyno removal surgery or breast cancer sometimes they have to cut into the muscle if cancer from my understanding. If gyno removal you should have sued him for botching it. Once I get things approved by my insurance I will go pick the doctor I want to do it and pick a reputable and good plastic surgeon not just an oncologist. I will have to see before and afters of several people before I choose who will do it. That or have my insurance pay for the plastic surgery as part of the cost. I have pretty good insurance. Thanks for the advice man! Of course if I can't get insurance to do it I am going to go pick a good guy for sure.

Oh you have done the new version of MI40? I did the original one and liked it but this is MI40 X2 the one he just released recently.

It was gyno. The doc biopsied it and told the insurance it was possibly cancerous so they would cover it ;) but he new it wasn't.

Oh, and my mistake. I ran the original MI40, not the new one.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, have to do some reading on the m140 work outs.

Have been looking at and studying bpaks nutritional logs.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That primer workout looks pretty tough I must admit. Nice one Chris

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
M140 time ?
Absolutely! Already on the Primer Phase...
It was gyno. The doc biopsied it and told the insurance it was possibly cancerous so they would cover it ;) but he new it wasn't.

Oh, and my mistake. I ran the original MI40, not the new one.
No not a mistake just a clarification. Lucky on the getting it removed by the insurance just too bad it went poorly in the execution.

Man, have to do some reading on the m140 work outs.

Have been looking at and studying bpaks nutritional logs.
Check his Youtube for MI40University he did 30 days of a video a day explaining a lot of the different tweaks and principles.

That primer workout looks pretty tough I must admit. Nice one Chris
Oh it was a beast. I can't wait for the regular workouts that are about 45 minutes. I am dreading the 2 legs days during the primer phase. I got a feeling I may be puking.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Of course so long as it isn't arm wrestling, how did you get that leg attached to your shoulder anyway?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By the way guys making progress but still a bit soft from my time off. I will take some photos this weekend to embarrass myself on here, and then we can all see how much I improve from this point.