Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Kind regards

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
IMO it is not too much.
Too little for myself lol.

But at the end of the day is depends on you. Your own ability to recover between sessions and how much intensity is used in each.

Give it 2-3 weeks and adjust if you aren't recovering properly

With 2 off days and a day for just arms I don't see it being a problem

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ Everything Driven said.

I do chest and shoulders twice a week and would do legs if they'd heal a little faster.

Give it a go, make sure you're getting your calories and rest in, and evaluate after a couple weeks.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's just a list of body parts. What will make it too much depends on what you're doing each day

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Like mentioned above .... its all relative to how quick you recover. Personally I wouldn't consider it too much by my standards and I also question having a dedicated arm day. If you are doing the basic compound movements for chest and back then your bi's and tri's get hit pretty good already. Some guys make great gains in regards to arm without doing any direct arm work. I am a firm believer of building your routine around the basic compound movements and then tossing in a few isolation movements towards the end of each session. Deadlifts, Squats, Bench Press, Overhead Press .... do these and the rest will follow.

My current split is a 6 day a week routine (3 day split done 2x with one day off in between) Back&Chest / Legs&Abs / Shoulders&Arms - OFF - Repeat. I have found that if I get enough quality sleep and plenty of protein then I am all good. ;)

turff49

turff49

Awards
Right now I do have an Arm day. In past I would hit tris after doing chest and bis after doing back. Some things to look at is volume and weight.if you are going to push 80% of 1RM and do 6 exercises for legs with 5 sets each then having legs and shoulders may be too much. And then the time it takes to do all these reps. You have to find what fits in your timeframe and how many different exercises, sets, and reps work for you. If that gets confusing at first then look at some of the various programs that are out there like Meadows.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Arm day is what I do when I am feeling restless on my off day, lol

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is tough to say if it is too much over the internet. What are your goals? How intensely are you training? If your intensity is high, then I'd say there are some issues with that schedule - namely back and legs being trained on back to back days. This is just not possible for most people unless they are willing to give up some performance on one of the two workouts. I mean, if I go all out on squats today then I will barely be able to walk tomorrow and deadlifting will be severely hindered.

On the other hand, if your volume is very low then you could train back and legs the same day even, so this could be OK. Or if your intensity is low and your volume high, then you may recover quickly enough to do it again, although I suspect the results will be less impressive.

To be honest, after going all out on deadlifts, I don't think I could effectively train chest in the same workout.....and I do many fewer sets than most people on this board. 6 sets per body part is a lot for me.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whats the overall goal?

How long have you been lifting with a serious mentality to reach goals in general?

Do you actually have access to a way to reach your goals for the timeframe laid out.

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
My main goal is to grow and i am been ligting serieusly for 1 nearly 2 years and i have access to a gym

FleshWhistle

FleshWhistle

Awards
I do..

Monday- Chest/Tri/abs
Tuesday- Back/Bi/1 mile run
Wednesday- Legs/Shoulders/abs

Repeat for Thursday - Saturday except I jog two miles on Thursday after my workout and only bike on Sunday.

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
Ah that sounds great, yeah i do cardio on rest days

FleshWhistle

FleshWhistle

Awards
Do you have good gains with that fleshWhistle?
Yes I do. I use to do only three days a week and I hit a plateau. After I added those other few days in I've added a lot more strength.

harte.tony

Awards
How do you feel each day of the week with that rotation? For me the shoulders after back and chest would be suboptimal just because I need an extra day of recovery before I can hit good intensity again with my shoulders. All depends on how you recover and if you can maintain good intensity. If your intensity wanes at the end of a week it might be good to make adjustments.

colin1973

Awards
Monday triceps
Tues deads abs
Wed chest
Thurs biceps
Fri shoulders abs
Sat legs
Sun back
Rest when i sleep

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
Is that enough for you? Only rest when sleeping?

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
harte.tony this week i am going to try it out so then i will know how it feels and if i have enough rest

colin1973

Awards
Works for me atm may cut a day after my comp in November might double on somthing training every day means i can step back on cardio

zyzzzbrah

zyzzzbrah

Awards
Ah nice :) but do your muscles grow enough if u do them once a week?

colin1973

Awards
More than enough dorian Yates trained 45mins to an 1hr 6 days a week and won olympia 6 times muscles grow in down time not when your ripping them apart in the gym twice a week

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FleshWhistle

FleshWhistle

Awards
How do you feel each day of the week with that rotation? For me the shoulders after back and chest would be suboptimal just because I need an extra day of recovery before I can hit good intensity again with my shoulders. All depends on how you recover and if you can maintain good intensity. If your intensity wanes at the end of a week it might be good to make adjustments.
My body is use to it now. It of course was hard at first but after a couple of weeks I enjoyed it. I just eat and sleep good to help my recovery.