Swol and Boone's Quest To Get Hyooooge

Page 1 of 72 123 ... Last
  1. Swol and Boone's Quest To Get Hyooooge


    So @booneman77 and I decided to run a training log between the two of us. Part to keep it motivational, part to keep us on track, and part to have a friendly competition. It'll be fun, and he'll detail a little about himself I'm sure as soon as I finish rambling on about myself lol

    What Are My Goals

    I wanna compete in men's physique in 2015 or 2016. No if's and's or butt's and I don't wanna compete to just say I competed, I want to win, and I want to be successful and I want to make a name for myself in this industry.

    Updated Goals:

    Deadlift 425x1
    Squat: 300x1
    Bench: 260x1

    I'd like to accomplish these before 2014 ends

    Where I'm At Now

    Currently, 5'5", 143.6 lbs, in week 10.5 of a 12 week cut to see how my body reacts to getting stage lean. It's taken longer than my coach and I anticipated, so starting August 18th we're going to start a reverse diet and get me going. I actually purchased a new scale, so when that arrives I'm going to go by that weight if it's any different since this scale is uber old. I was also just diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, and currently am taking Synthroid.

    What Do I Need To Improve On

    I have a few muscle imbalances from past injuries, including 2x broke right femur, dislocated right knee cap, and torn right meniscus. Also had Tommy John surgery on my right elbow, so the right side of my body sucks lol. But basically:

    - Improve thickness all around
    - Right read delt is smaller than left
    - Left Leg quadriceps is smaller than right
    - Back thickness
    - Size!!!!

    After my tommy john surgery i dropped all the way down to 127 not being able to work out. So we got a ways to go!

    What's This Log Gonna Feature

    My nutrition, my training, my supplementation. Basically a progress tracker for myself and for anyone who wants to follow. if i can give tips and advice I'd be happy to do so. if people wanna give me tips and advice, even better. I'm not a stubborn a$$, I'm young (22) and have a lot to learn if I want to be successful.

    Staple Supplements I Use

    - Multi (Either Multi Jym, Orange Triad, or whatever it may be)
    - Na-R-ALA bulk powder (When Bulking, not necessary at this point in my cut)
    - Vitamin C @ 2g daily
    - Gut Health
    - Joint Support
    - Amino IV (EAA's)
    - High Branched Cyclic Dextrin
    - PeptoPro

    Supplements I'm Using Currently

    - Follidrone
    - Clear Muscle
    - AmentoMax
    - Burn24
    - And about to start Myokem's Alphadex, which looks like a pretty potent anti-estrogen. Should be the perfect compliment to the end of my cut and it's my first experience with their products!

    Anything Else?

    - I'll be posting start pics when I finish cutting
    - I'll probably do monthly pictures
    - Will also do my best to incorporate some training videos
    - I'll be 100% completely honest with any product I use and it's effectiveness, whether it be Myokem's or anyone's.
    - There is a 100% chance of Food Porn

    So wish me like AM, I'm a man on a mission, and one day I will be a winner of a competition!


  2. Reserved for all my shiit haha

    What Are My Goals

    I have two main goals for this fall/winter:
    1) Build as much new muscle as possible (I'd like to gain at least 5lb of muscle by next spring)
    2) Stay relatively lean (Low teens BF%) so that I don't have to cut for 6mo out of the year to be in shape for a week vacation.

    I have always been on the higher bf side (with no particular diet/maint i tend to sit around 18-20%) but i would like to change this. This year's bulking will be my first long term attempt at a lean bulk and maintenance. I want to make a true lifestyle change that I can maintain year round and be able to enjoy dinners out and occasional indulgences without guilt (or not eating at all - cutting) or reckless abandon (bulking).

    Where I'm At Now

    Currently, 26, 5'10", 169.1 lbs, 12% bf (total guesstimate) - I spent Jan 1 - Jul 10 cutting. Went from 205lb @ 21% bf (est) to 155lb @ 7-8% bf (calipered lower but estimated about there). July 11-19 I went on an all inclusive cruise and came back 26lb heavier... Oops. The last few weeks I've been cutting/reverse dieting to lose some of the ridic amount of water and fat I gained during vacation. For the rest of the month of august I will be slowly adding in calories to begin my reverse diet. The last week I will be on vacation but it'll be a family one so the food will be much more controlled. Through the fall I want to be able to relax my diet a lot from my cutting diet and enjoy football parties and family dinners so that is my goal in getting my calories up.

    I severely injured my left hamstring 6/6/14 (grade 2 strain, just shy of tearing) so I've been working to come back from that. I wasn't even able to walk without a severe limp for 2 weeks and it was well over a month before I could even lightly jog. I'm about 90% and most lifts are fine to do now. I still haven't tried full sprints yet though so that will have to happen soon.

    Current 1PR's:
    These were all in the spring, since cutting for so long strength has gone down thus PR vs 1RM
    Squat - 315x1
    Bench - 230x1
    Deadlift - 315x1
    OHP - 175x1

    What Do I Need To Improve On

    My biggest goal is overall size but I need to maintain a reasonable level of leanness as well. As far as particular muscles go, here's my ranking of best to worst (1=best):
    1) Bi's/Traps - I never even work these directly. They've always been bulky
    2) Legs - fairly decent size, could improve though
    3) Tri's - need size to match bi's
    4) Back - thickness is decent, width is needed
    5) Chest - Need size here badly
    6) Shoulders - always been a weak point for me (though much better the past year), especially rear delts

    What's This Log Gonna Feature

    -Diet/Nutrition (macros, cals, style, etc)
    -Training (probably will list the current workout program/layout when I start and then just comment on particular PR's and such)
    -Supplements (I will list what I have as well as take suggestions on additions/subtractions)

    Staple Supplements I Use

    - Multi
    - Fish oil (4g/day)
    - Oximega Greens (prob will stop this as I add more veggies back into my diet)
    - Amino IV (BCAA/EAA's)
    - Protein (currently Select/Oxyelite)

    Supplements I'm Using Currently
    Taking a stim break and most supplements off since 6/20. Will start up new stuff at the beginning of the bulk.

    - Cannibal Alpha (only a few weeks left)
    - TTA-500 (1g/day - stopping this at the end of this week to drop the water weight)
    - Thyrocaps
    - Reduce XT
    - No preworkouts

    Supplements on Hand
    *=Planning to use during my bulk

    - Burners: Norcodrene, Alpha T-2, Thermoxyn, PX Black, GCBE, (more to come when I'm home)
    - GDA's: SSv2, Glycophase, AP, Recompadrol
    - Muscle Builders: Alphamax*, Erase Pro, ABE*, Prime, Mass FX Black, XFA/XF*, (more to come)
    - Preworkouts: (more)
    - Misc: (more)

    Anything Else?

    - I'll be posting start pics at the end of the month when I return from vacation and begin the bulking
    - I'll probably do monthly update pictures or noodz on request
    - I'll post up comments/reviews for supps as I use them. I'm not sponsored at all so no reason to lie about any of them here.
    - Food Porn, there will be some.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    In!

    For the gains and the food porn
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude
    •   
       


  4. Currently getting in the mood for this by watching pumping iron. Thanks netflix for the perfectly timed motivation
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com

  5. @reps4jesus @The Solution @Myokemist @driven2lift @thebigt @Misfit28 @bdcc @livetolift @breezy11

    love to have you gentleman, and anyone else for that matter, along for advice and friendly conversation

  6. pretty excited to start Alphadex tomorrow. and I've never watched pumping iron, might have to do so tonight although I don't have a Netflix...

    *cough* boone, hook a brother up *cough*
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Beat you to it lol

    Middle name is Ninja
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude

  8. Woah, what have I stumbled upon here? I guess I'll stick around
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Beat you to it lol Middle name is Ninja
    Refreshing faster then the PES insider watch haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    pretty excited to start Alphadex tomorrow. and I;ve never watched pumping iron, might have to do so tonight although I don't have a Netflix... *cough* boone, hook a brother up *cough*
    Haha I would but I don't know the name or password. Like 2 yrs ago one of my friends from Philly logged in to his and I just discovered like 3mo ago that it never logged him out so me him and 1 of our other buddies in Phoenix all use the same account.

    It's hilarious because you can always tell who was watching last cuz we all have such different taste. Mine is all action movies and stuff, my buddy in az is all tv shows, and our buddy in Philly has a weird thing for Disney movies and my little pony.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com

  11. Subbed!!! Good luck on your goals. I've been debating a physique show next year as well, my brother is a top national physique competitor in hopes of the pro card.

  12. Nice, I'm in for the progress!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by emantest View Post
    Subbed!!! Good luck on your goals. I've been debating a physique show next year as well, my brother is a top national physique competitor in hopes of the pro card.
    Do it! It's in your genes ha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by reps4jesus View Post
    Woah, what have I stumbled upon here? I guess I'll stick around
    damn right!

    Quote Originally Posted by emantest View Post
    Subbed!!! Good luck on your goals. I've been debating a physique show next year as well, my brother is a top national physique competitor in hopes of the pro card.
    thanks man!, and do it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy3d2000 View Post
    Nice, I'm in for the progress!
    welcome!

    very motivating to have you all here, i mean it. i'm praying this is the start of something big guys

  15. Subbed
    Squats do a booty good.

  16. btw, the "thanks" button being back is sooooo clutch lol

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    btw, the "thanks" button being back is sooooo clutch lol
    Seriously. I'm abusing it due to missing it ha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com

  18. I will ride alone in this one fellas.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I will ride alone in this one fellas.
    You'll never be alone. We watch you.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    You'll never be alone. We watch you.
    Hahaha, just noticed that typo. Along .
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  21. In for motivation.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  22. Weight: 144.4

    About to head to the gym today for some core and cardio, starting Alphadex today as well. Really hoping for a nice drying out effect which compliment the end of my cut very nicely. Since it's very very very potent, I plan on running just one cap with my first meal of the day.

    Great mind muscle connection and one of my best ab workouts I've had.

    Hanging Leg Raise: x12 x12 x12 x12
    w/ Roman Chairs Knees to Chest: x10 x10 x10 x10

    Weighted Cable Crunch: 72.5x12 x10 x10
    w/ Resistance Band Standing Crunch: x15 x15 x15

    ^ this was an awesome super set. I got the resistance band crunch from a John Meadows video which I'll upload when I get to my laptop.

    AB Wheels: x15 x15 x15
    Weighted Cable Crunch: 65x12 x15 x15

    KB Oblique Crunch: 15x10 x10
    w/ BW Oblique Crunch: x10 x10

    Ending off as I type this with Lyle McDonalds Stubborn Fat Loss Protocol cardio routine. Great book that I highly recommended reading.

    Diet


  23. Updated initial info post
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Reserved for all my shiit haha

    What Are My Goals

    I have two main goals for this fall/winter:
    1) Build as much new muscle as possible (I'd like to gain at least 5lb of muscle by next spring)
    2) Stay relatively lean (Low teens BF%) so that I don't have to cut for 6mo out of the year to be in shape for a week vacation.

    I have always been on the higher bf side (with no particular diet/maint i tend to sit around 18-20%) but i would like to change this. This year's bulking will be my first long term attempt at a lean bulk and maintenance. I want to make a true lifestyle change that I can maintain year round and be able to enjoy dinners out and occasional indulgences without guilt (or not eating at all - cutting) or reckless abandon (bulking).

    Where I'm At Now

    Currently, 26, 5'10", 169.1 lbs, 12% bf (total guesstimate) - I spent Jan 1 - Jul 10 cutting. Went from 205lb @ 21% bf (est) to 155lb @ 7-8% bf (calipered lower but estimated about there). July 11-19 I went on an all inclusive cruise and came back 26lb heavier... Oops. The last few weeks I've been cutting/reverse dieting to lose some of the ridic amount of water and fat I gained during vacation. For the rest of the month of august I will be slowly adding in calories to begin my reverse diet. The last week I will be on vacation but it'll be a family one so the food will be much more controlled. Through the fall I want to be able to relax my diet a lot from my cutting diet and enjoy football parties and family dinners so that is my goal in getting my calories up.

    I severely injured my left hamstring 6/6/14 (grade 2 strain, just shy of tearing) so I've been working to come back from that. I wasn't even able to walk without a severe limp for 2 weeks and it was well over a month before I could even lightly jog. I'm about 90% and most lifts are fine to do now. I still haven't tried full sprints yet though so that will have to happen soon.

    Current 1PR's:
    These were all in the spring, since cutting for so long strength has gone down thus PR vs 1RM
    Squat - 315x1
    Bench - 230x1
    Deadlift - 315x1
    OHP - 175x1

    What Do I Need To Improve On

    My biggest goal is overall size but I need to maintain a reasonable level of leanness as well. As far as particular muscles go, here's my ranking of best to worst (1=best):
    1) Bi's/Traps - I never even work these directly. They've always been bulky
    2) Legs - fairly decent size, could improve though
    3) Tri's - need size to match bi's
    4) Back - thickness is decent, width is needed
    5) Chest - Need size here badly
    6) Shoulders - always been a weak point for me (though much better the past year), especially rear delts

    What's This Log Gonna Feature

    -Diet/Nutrition (macros, cals, style, etc)
    -Training (probably will list the current workout program/layout when I start and then just comment on particular PR's and such)
    -Supplements (I will list what I have as well as take suggestions on additions/subtractions)

    Staple Supplements I Use

    - Multi
    - Fish oil (4g/day)
    - Oximega Greens (prob will stop this as I add more veggies back into my diet)
    - Amino IV (BCAA/EAA's)
    - Protein (currently Select/Oxyelite)

    Supplements I'm Using Currently
    Taking a stim break and most supplements off since 6/20. Will start up new stuff at the beginning of the bulk.

    - Cannibal Alpha (only a few weeks left)
    - TTA-500 (1g/day - stopping this at the end of this week to drop the water weight)
    - Thyrocaps
    - No preworkouts

    Supplements on Hand
    *=Planning to use during my bulk

    - Burners: Norcodrene, Alpha T-2, Thermoxyn, PX Black, GCBE, (more to come when I'm home)
    - GDA's: SSv2, Glycophase, AP, Recompadrol
    - Muscle Builders: Alphamax*, Erase Pro, ABE*, Prime, Mass FX Black, XFA/XF*, (more to come)
    - Preworkouts: (more)
    - Misc: (more)

    Anything Else?

    - I'll be posting start pics at the end of the month when I return from vacation and begin the bulking
    - I'll probably do monthly update pictures or noodz on request
    - I'll post up comments/reviews for supps as I use them. I'm not sponsored at all so no reason to lie about any of them here.
    - Food Porn, there will be some.
    Yeah buddddy!!!

  25. Nice detail and info on this log, i'm in to watch

  26. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    In for motivation.
    ^^Serious motivation right there

    I'm in too
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    cls@seriousnutritionsolutions. com

  27. Post cardio schmeal: chicken and greens flat bread pizza, also had a flat bread sammich

    Name:  ForumRunner_20140807_111202.png
Views: 356
Size:  683.3 KB



    Name:  ForumRunner_20140807_111208.png
Views: 350
Size:  381.7 KB

  28. Omg! Makes me so hungry!!!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  29. Here are the resistance band crunches I was talking about, I did them a bit slower to focus more on the contraction, but you get the jist. Keeping the abs tight while doing the stretch felt great


  30. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    Here are the resistance band crunches I was talking about, I did them a bit slower to focus more on the contraction, but you get the jist. Keeping the abs tight while doing the stretch felt great YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2DpEaxOL04&list=PL499 A199470591F4A
    How much direct ab work do you do? I rarely do any anymore except when I'm show off lean and really wanna add a little extra ha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions - Revolutionizing sports nutrition, one product at a time
    db77@seriousnutritionsolutions . com

  31. 2x a week. My active recovery / cardio days are usually about 30-45 minutes of direct ab / oblique work. Then about 15 minutes of bands for rotator cuff and stretching, then cardio for however long. Usually LISS so I can recovery, and the duration depends on my goals. Since I got 11 days of cutting left, I've been doing about 40-45 mins on these days. 5 min HIIT on the bike, 30 mins LISS on treadmill, 5 mins of MISS on the bike.

    When I'm gaining I'll probably just do 30 mins

  32. Subd
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    2x a week. My active recovery / cardio days are usually about 30-45 minutes of direct ab / oblique work. Then about 15 minutes of bands for rotator cuff and stretching, then cardio for however long. Usually LISS so I can recovery, and the duration depends on my goals. Since I got 11 days of cutting left, I've been doing about 40-45 mins on these days. 5 min HIIT on the bike, 30 mins LISS on treadmill, 5 mins of MISS on the bike. When I'm gaining I'll probably just do 30 mins
    That's what I'm doing (cardio wise)

    20min LISS post workout
    Foam roll/lacross smash on off days

    Were the same height and weight +/- 2lbs. Can't wait to see where you end up bro. What state you in?
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

  34. NJ, Northeast bergen county

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    @reps4jesus @The Solution @Myokemist @driven2lift @thebigt @Misfit28 @bdcc @livetolift @breezy11

    love to have you gentleman, and anyone else for that matter, along for advice and friendly conversation
    I'm in fo sho!
    MYOKEM President/CEO | NITRAMINE - The Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINE - High Performance Lipolytic, Thermogenic Agent | MAGNITROPIN - High Performance Myotropic Agent | ALPHADEX - High Performance Hormone Modulator
  36. Reverse Time!!!


    So after talking to my coach more about my goals he suggested we start reverse dieting Monday since I'm already very lean and don't plan to compete this year anyway.

    So on Monday... Let the gains begin!!!

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    So after talking to my coach more about my goals he suggested we start reverse dieting Monday since I'm already very lean and don't plan to compete this year anyway.

    So on Monday... Let the gains begin!!!
    Bring on the Magnitropin!!
    MYOKEM President/CEO | NITRAMINE - The Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINE - High Performance Lipolytic, Thermogenic Agent | MAGNITROPIN - High Performance Myotropic Agent | ALPHADEX - High Performance Hormone Modulator

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    Here are the resistance band crunches I was talking about, I did them a bit slower to focus more on the contraction, but you get the jist. Keeping the abs tight while doing the stretch felt great YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2DpEaxOL04&list=PL499 A199470591F4A
    I do these with the ropes but I may have to switch over to the bands. I was doing 160lbs the other day and the silly machine broke and almost took me out. o.O
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-
  39. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Reverse dieting = cals coming up
    = more food porn coming our way

    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude

  40. Boooom. Low cal high volume noodle chicken strips fry

    Attachment 105107



    Attachment 105108
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Kat's quest to get lean with LG's C2K
    By love2liftkat in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 799
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 06:33 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 07:32 AM
  3. where to get store templates like pw , lg , and others
    By sicosico in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 05:53 PM
  4. Reliable place to get Liquid Nolva and Clomid
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 05:52 PM
  5. Where to get Liquid Clomid and Liquid Novladex
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 11:11 AM
Log in
Log in