Swol and Boone's Quest To Get Hyooooge

Page 4 of 115 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. new scale came in today too, so tomorrow i'll be going with that weight going forward for my reverse / bulk

2. This wedding blows and there's nothing to eat. Total bs. Leg day and I've only managed 500cals. Gonna eat my face off when I get home
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    This wedding blows and there's nothing to eat. Total bs. Leg day and I've only managed 500cals. Gonna eat my face off when I get home
    lmao words i've never heard with wedding food

i'm terrified to weigh myself tomorrow... apparently the scale i have today is heavier.. oh god.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    lmao words i've never heard with wedding food i'm terrified to weigh myself tomorrow... apparently the scale i have today is heavier.. oh god.
    Ya we didn't get a choice for dinner so I assumed a buffet... Nope. 1 carrot, 5 snap peas, 2oz of steak, 2oz of fish, and a few potato slices. Garbage.

Haha you're gonna be small

5. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Ya we didn't get a choice for dinner so I assumed a buffet... Nope. 1 carrot, 5 snap peas, 2oz of steak, 2oz of fish, and a few potato slices. Garbage.

Haha you're gonna be small
    WHAAAAAAT that's awful lol

and i know... i'm praying for not under 140. but i mean it would make the strength that much more impressive but still... god please
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Brutal wedding eats!

I'm used to Italian weddings from my wife's huge family now lol

And good luck with the weigh in Swol, sometimes i wonder how accurate my scale really is
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

7. well...not what i wanted to see. in fact i'm really upset but what I saw, but alas it's more motivation. and i'll take it in two ways

Weight: 135 lbs... flat.

Assuming my old scale was +8 lbs (Which idk, but this is a pretty expensive scale and I calibrated it, so I guess it's right) that would mean I pulled 425x1 at 138 lbs. Which I'm pretty freaking proud of. So I'll take the strength gains even at a lower size, but man I got a long way to go of pure hypertrophy. I got the strength base, now we just need to add the mass.

I'm also sure Synthroid beginning to kick in now doesn't help either, but it's all good. Tomorrow starts the reverse diet!
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Huge difference Swol wow.

That does say a lot for your strength/weight ratio though so definitely some pride to be felt in that.

Reverse dieting should be fun, with PR's along the way
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Huge difference Swol wow.

That does say a lot for your strength/weight ratio though so definitely some pride to be felt in that.

Reverse dieting should be fun, with PR's along the way
    Interested to see tomorrows.. Esp cause I was on feet all day yesterday

10. Feel even smaller now though I'm at my leanest so to be expected

11. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    Feel even smaller now though I'm at my leanest so to be expected
    I always feel like this when I'm really lean. It's such a delicate balance between ripped and small until you're like pro status. You're weights are insane for your size tho so you should have zero problem packing on size. I'm the opposite in that I've never been very strong so when I'm small too it's a total ego crusher.

12. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    I always feel like this when I'm really lean. It's such a delicate balance between ripped and small until you're like pro status. You're weights are insane for your size tho so you should have zero problem packing on size. I'm the opposite in that I've never been very strong so when I'm small too it's a total ego crusher.
    we'll see after this log bro, we're both gonna get yolked!

13. Test your scale with a weight plate

14. Weight: 135

Pull Hyper ( ">" denotes drop set)

SA DB Row: 75x8 90x6 100x6, slow tempo: 70x8 60x10 x10

Wide Grip Lat PD: 120x10 140x8 160x6 140x7 > 100x8; 140x7 > 100x7; 130x9 > 100x8

Iso Hammer Row: 90x8 80x10 70x12
    ^ Slow Tempo: 70x8 x8

EZ Bar Preacher Curl: 50x8 40x10 x10

Slow Tempo Incline EZ Bar Row: 30x12 40x12 x12

Reverse Incline Lat PD: 100x10 x10 x10

Reverse Cable Fly: 10x8 7.5x12 x12 x12

BW Pull Ups: x10 x9 x9
    w/ Face Pulls: 35x12 x12 x12

Eccentric Neutral Chins: BWx7 x5 x5
    w/ DB Shrugs: 50x12 60x10 45x20

BOSU Ball Roman Chairs, Knees to chest: x15 x12 x12

Walk 10 mins

Considering I felt very unmotivated and didn't wanna workout this was one of my best workouts. Great hyper day. Great mind muscle connection. Great pump. Great energy and vibe. Didn't get to do bis so tomorrow I might do a short arm workout if I wake up refreshed. Overall workout 9/10... And I took some vids which is always fun

Diet

Training Vids

Two of my favorite back exercises, eccentric neutral grip chins and reverse incline lat pulldown. I love the reverse incline because it forces you to not use your legs or the padding to pull the weight down. Get's a good stretch of the lats as well.

15. So we got a two-tiered chocolate cake, and the inside is layered with PB2 and the top a greek yogurt/jelly spread!

Total Macros:

530 kcals
    6F
    72C
    10Fiber
    53P

16. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    So we got a two-tiered chocolate cake, and the inside is layered with PB2 and the top a greek yogurt/jelly spread! Total Macros: 530 kcals 6F 72C 10Fiber 53P
    Damn that looks good. You guys come up with some of the best ideas for sauces/toppings and such.

17. Does anyone in here have an Xbox One and Xbox Live?

Kid's trying to dominate fools in Madden, Fifa, Destiny or Halo

18. Figured I'd post this for y'all, it's my plan supplement after my reverse diet is over:

Weeks 1-8: XGels
    Weeks 1-8: Magnitropin (Can't wait to start his bad boy!)

Weeks 9-16: Alphadex
    Weeks 9-16 EP1C
    Weeks 9-16: AnaBeta Elite

Weeks 17-24: Magnitopin
    Weeks 17-24: EP1C

Weeks 1-24: King
    Weeks 1-24: Clear Muscle, though only 2 caps pre, and 2 caps post
    Weeks 1-24: AmentoMax

19. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    So we got a two-tiered chocolate cake, and the inside is layered with PB2 and the top a greek yogurt/jelly spread!

Total Macros:

530 kcals
    6F
    72C
    10Fiber
    53P
    Give me this Recipe bro!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

20. Quote Originally Posted by reps4jesus View Post
    Give me this Recipe bro!!
    Its in the cooking with whey section brother!

21. So I'm thinking about changing up my workout routine when I full on start my bulk. I've been using self-designed routines for about the last 2 years with pretty good success, but I seem to rely on the same things over and over so it's become a bit stagnant. I'd like to hear some thoughts from you guys on current and potential future routines
    My current routine (L/P/P, 3 on 1 off):
    Legs:
    Squat (5x5)
    SLDL (5x5)
    Leg Extension (3x8-12) SS w/ Seated Calf Raise (3x10-15)
    Lying Hamstring Curl (3x8-12) SS w/ Standing Calf Raise (3x10-15)
    Leg Press (FST-7)

Push:
    Standing OHP (5x5)
    Seated lateral raise (3x8-12)
    BB Bench (5x5)
    Incline Smith Bench (3x8-12)
    Incline Skull Crushers (5x5)
    Rope Pushdowns (3x8-12)
    Circuit (3rounds x 10ea): DB Incline Fly, DB Incline Tate Press, DB Shoulder Press, Partial lateral raises

Pull:
    Deadlift or Rack Pull (5x5)
    Incline Supported DB Row (3x8-12)
    Wide Pullup (5x5)
    Wide Pulldown (3x8-12)
    BB Bent Over Row (5x5)
    Seated Close-Neutral Cable Row (3x8-12)
    Rear Delt Fly (3x8-12) + Run the rack AMRAP (25lb,20,15,12,10,8,5)

Future - Considering doing 5/3/1 and PHAT as I've heard good things about both. I'm looking for pure hypertrophy as I really couldn't care less about strength so I'm really open to anything. What are you guys' suggestions/experiences? Also, I'd be willing to be someone's guinea pig if they want to work with me and design something (This goes for diet as well!)

22. I'd go PHAT. My coach gave me a higher frequency phat routine and he's had good success.

So I guess try PHAT first? Higher frequency = more food too

23. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    I'd go PHAT. My coach gave me a higher frequency phat routine and he's had good success.

So I guess try PHAT first? Higher frequency = more food too
    I was thinking PHAT also as I like being in the gym as much as possible. So you're running a modified PHAT now?

24. Yup I got it posted above. I personally think some strength work is important for hypertrophy. So I got it split in 3 way splits. First half is strength and second half is hypertrophy. Never training to failure so my CNS can recover and I can train 6x/week. Day 7 completely off with recovery work like foam rolling.

Could follow my routine with me and see how it goes? I think I posted it above

25. Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    Yup I got it posted above. I personally think some strength work is important for hypertrophy. So I got it split in 3 way splits. First half is strength and second half is hypertrophy. Never training to failure so my CNS can recover and I can train 6x/week. Day 7 completely off with recovery work like foam rolling.

Could follow my routine with me and see how it goes? I think I posted it above
    I'll have to dig a bit... looks like its spread through a few posts. Unless you have the full thing somewhere and wanna PM/email it or just post the whole thing. That'd make this even more competitive ha... I'm always down for that. We take out as many variables as possible and the only differences in gainz will be decided by a few supps and general MAN ha.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kat's quest to get lean with LG's C2K
    By love2liftkat in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 799
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 06:33 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 07:32 AM
  3. where to get store templates like pw , lg , and others
    By sicosico in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 05:53 PM