Swol and Boone's Quest To Get Hyooooge - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Swol and Boone's Quest To Get Hyooooge

Page 4 of 17 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    2911506

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Thanks for the Orbit consideration brother we do very well with EvoMuse pricing, I just posted this elsewhere but in terms if value from a supplement (effectiveness vs. cost) Gut Health is damn hard to beat. Remember the code SOCIAL so it is about 15 each (2 month supply!)
    I was actually able to use the aug11 11% off code still thanks for the goodies and crack speed shipment ha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    Lol already got two. And it shipped in 9 minutes... Stellar
    Same here. Orbit is killing it today.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html

  2. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Day 1 of Reverse


    The time has come folks. Yesterday was a quick 45m beach workout (bis / Tris / abs) and just an overall rest day. Got a massage from my chiropractor and feel fantastic. Today starts the reverse and starts the gains.

    Supplementation as of now (Not including staples):

    King (2 caps pre, 1 cap post)
    Clear Muscle (2 pre/2 post)
    AmentoMax (2 pre)
    Alphadex (2 caps daily)
    Na-R-ALA bulk powder (600-750mg Daily)

    @kissdadookie would adding King on a reverse diet be a waste? Or wait until calories are in a definitive surplus? Figured I can still make good use of this warlock and I wanna try PA out

    Took my Measurements as of this morning and I'll be tracking bi-weekly or weekly, also making an excel sheet to track progress via the "big" exercises to ensure strength increases continue
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  3. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,051
    Rep Power
    2269262

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    The time has come folks. Yesterday was a quick 45m beach workout (bis / Tris / abs) and just an overall rest day. Got a massage from my chiropractor and feel fantastic. Today starts the reverse and starts the gains.

    Supplementation as of now (Not including staples):

    King (2 caps pre, 1 cap post)
    Clear Muscle (2 pre/2 post)
    AmentoMax (2 pre)
    Alphadex (2 caps daily)
    Na-R-ALA bulk powder (600-750mg Daily)

    @kissdadookie would adding King on a reverse diet be a waste? Or wait until calories are in a definitive surplus? Figured I can still make good use of this warlock and I wanna try PA out

    Took my Measurements as of this morning and I'll be tracking bi-weekly or weekly, also making an excel sheet to track progress via the "big" exercises to ensure strength increases continue
    It certainly wouldn't hurt. You still get the benefits of increased mTOR stimulation with King/PA. Obviously to grow, you would need to be on maintenance calories at least, but it should be muscle saving when combined with proper training (not implying that you're tossing around pink dumbbells of course).
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    ridiculously fun promo i just created!!!

    Myokem's Fantasy Football Challenge!

    get those apps in NFL fans!!
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    It certainly wouldn't hurt. You still get the benefits of increased mTOR stimulation with King/PA. Obviously to grow, you would need to be on maintenance calories at least, but it should be muscle saving when combined with proper training (not implying that you're tossing around pink dumbbells of course).
    no obviously. I think I'll give it a whirl. Apparently you can make some great gains reversing so it should help. 2 caps pre and 1 post for King i think is what I'll try.

    Inb4 immediate glycogen retention and the scale scares my coach to lowering cals lol

    I'll let him know when he gets back from vacay
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  6. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,051
    Rep Power
    2269262

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    no obviously. I think I'll give it a whirl. Apparently you can make some great gains reversing so it should help. 2 caps pre and 1 post for King i think is what I'll try.

    Inb4 immediate glycogen retention and the scale scares my coach to lowering cals lol

    I'll let him know when he gets back from vacay
    Scale weight doesn't matter obviously, all about the bodyfat measurements :P
  7. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Scale weight doesn't matter obviously, all about the bodyfat measurements :P
    lol i know i know. reverse diet goal is to keep weight down and cals as high as possible though and glycogen retention improvement will effect that no doubt
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  8. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    2911506

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    New Routine Layout


    Here's my new routine (Thanks to @Swolbraham for the layout idea). Let me know what you guys think. I'll be switching up some of the exercises after the first 6 week cycle for a 12 week total.

    Power: 2 Strength (variable by week, see below), 4 Assistance (3x6-8)
    Lower
    Push Pull
    Squat BB Bench Deadlift
    SLDL OHP Pullup
    Leg Ext Skull Crusher CG Cable Row
    Leg Curl Smith Incl Bench Lat Pulldown
    Sit Calf Side Raise SA DB Row
    Stand Calf Rope PD Rear Delt Fly

    Str1 Str2
    Wk1 5x5 3x5
    Wk2 6x4 5x3
    Wk3 7x3 6x2
    Wk4 8x2 5x5
    Wk5 5x5 (deload) Repeat
    Wk6 1RM
    Repeat

    Hypertrophy: 2 Strength, 4 Assistance (3x10-12)
    Lower
    Push Pull
    Leg Press DB Sh Press T Bar Row
    DB Lunge Incl DB Bench Incl DB Row
    Leg Ext Tri Dips Lat Pulldown
    Leg Curl Sit BB Press Cable Row
    Sit Calf Decl DB Bench Mch Pullover
    Stand Calf Tri OHP Rear Delt Fly

    Str1 Str2
    Wk1 6x8* 3x10
    Wk2 7x6* 3x8
    Wk3 8x6* 3x6
    Wk4 3x10* 3x12
    Repeat
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  9. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    yeah buddy!!!! starting today with deads for legs. Got a client coming to train with me too so should be fun
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  10. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Here's my new routine (Thanks to @Swolbraham for the layout idea). Let me know what you guys think. I'll be switching up some of the exercises after the first 6 week cycle for a 12 week total. Power: 2 Strength (variable by week, see below), 4 Assistance (3x6-8)
    Lower Push Pull
    Squat BB Bench Deadlift
    SLDL OHP Pullup
    Leg Ext Skull Crusher CG Cable Row
    Leg Curl Smith Incl Bench Lat Pulldown
    Sit Calf Side Raise SA DB Row
    Stand Calf Rope PD Rear Delt Fly
    Str1 Str2
    Wk1 5x5 3x5
    Wk2 6x4 5x3
    Wk3 7x3 6x2
    Wk4 8x2 5x5
    Wk5 5x5 (deload) Repeat
    Wk6 1RM
    Repeat
    Hypertrophy: 2 Strength, 4 Assistance (3x10-12)
    Lower Push Pull
    Leg Press DB Sh Press T Bar Row
    DB Lunge Incl DB Bench Incl DB Row
    Leg Ext Tri Dips Lat Pulldown
    Leg Curl Sit BB Press Cable Row
    Sit Calf Decl DB Bench Mch Pullover
    Stand Calf Tri OHP Rear Delt Fly
    Str1 Str2
    Wk1 6x8* 3x10
    Wk2 7x6* 3x8
    Wk3 8x6* 3x6
    Wk4 3x10* 3x12
    Repeat
    Thought you were doing PHaT
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  11. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Thought you were doing PHaT
    Its a modified version of phat
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  12. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    2911506

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Thought you were doing PHaT
    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    Its a modified version of phat
    What he said.

    Its essentially PHAT with an extra day to keep from doing a full upper/lower (which can make for some seriously lengthy workouts).

    How does the exercise selection look to you guys?
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  13. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    What he said.

    Its essentially PHAT with an extra day to keep from doing a full upper/lower (which can make for some seriously lengthy workouts).

    How does the exercise selection look to you guys?
    I like it. I'm always hesitant to set specific exercises since the routine can get boring. But as long as you rotate I see the gains a coming
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  14. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    2911506

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    I like it. I'm always hesitant to set specific exercises since the routine can get boring. But as long as you rotate I see the gains a coming
    Ya I totally get that... that's where I'm at with my current routine. Just bored more then anything. I changed out some of the ones I'm doing now to help but I like to have a plan going in.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  15. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    My current routine is a modified PHAT protocol.

    Mon- Upper Power
    Tues- lower
    Wed- abs, calves, cardio
    Thurs- Chest & back
    Fri- lower
    Sat- shoulders, bis, and tris
    Sun- off

    Lets you hit arms directly 2 times a week and 1 time indirectly. If your struggling in arm size, this split is perfect for you.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  16. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    2911506

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    My current routine is a modified PHAT protocol.

    Mon- Upper Power
    Tues- lower
    Wed- abs, calves, cardio
    Thurs- Chest & back
    Fri- lower
    Sat- shoulders, bis, and tris
    Sun- off

    Lets you hit arms directly 2 times a week and 1 time indirectly. If your struggling in arm size, this split is perfect for you.
    That's def not for me then... I'm actively avoiding direct bicep work due to imbalance with my triceps lagging. I'm not sure how my days will end up falling as I feel like I should include a workout on Sun/Mon due to sunday being the day I'll most likely have cheat foods and eat more due to football parties and such.

    What're you guy's thoughts on refeed/cheat days on workout days vs off days?
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  17. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I 100% prefer and recommend to all my clients doing so after the hardest workout. Like legs or back for me. Preferential glycogen replenishment and I find it rewarding knowing after crushing squats I get a box of cheerios to the face
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  18. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    So I do it usually after leg power, then it fuels push power for my lagging shoulders. That's my opinion though
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  19. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    2911506

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    I 100% prefer and recommend to all my clients doing so after the hardest workout. Like legs or back for me. Preferential glycogen replenishment and I find it rewarding knowing after crushing squats I get a box of cheerios to the face
    This was always my train of thought as well. Maximize the nutrient partitioning and glycogen supercompensation potential pwo. The other way I've seen it is that you want to feed the recovery period so its fine to do this on an off day as well but I feel that has to less effective. I can understand taking off the day after a refeed maybe but at the same time that's most likely your strongest day since everything is full.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  20. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Power Legs


    Weight: 135.4

    Legs Power (Focusing on building better form and more explosive, lowering weight a tad in the beginning of the gaining phase to get my form picture perfect on everything)

    Conventional Deads 5x5: 275x5 295x5 x5 275x5 x5 AMRAP of 225x16

    Leg Press: 400x12 600x8 580x10 490x11 400x17 > 200x50!!!!! (Almost blacked out lol)

    Hack Squat / Iso - Hold: 225x12/20s, 315x10/20s; 405x7/20s > 225x15

    Leg Ext: 60x15 80x15 100x15 (PR reps) 120x15 (PR reps)
    w/ DB Stiffed Leg Dead: 70x10 65x10 60x10 55x10

    Lying Leg Ham Curls: 100x7 120x5 > 80x7 100x10
    w/ Donkey Calf Raise: 200x18 x20 x20

    What a Start to my reverse diet. As I said Im gonna scale back on every exercise and ensure proper form and get a feel for this routine. Not training to failure is gonna be an adjustment but I'll get it. Did a great job today and feel good. 40g cyclic dextrin was fantastic compared to 25g... Plan on going to 50-60g when calories increase more.

    TOTAL EXERCISES - 5
    TOTAL SETS - 22
    TOTAL WEIGHT LIFTED - 71,185 Lbs.
    TOTAL WORKOUT TIME - 01:45

    From bb.com workout tracker ^^

    Diet

    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  21. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Id try and get some more veges and fruits in your diet!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  22. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Id try and get some more veges and fruits in your diet!
    bruh i got 5 servings of veggies for dinner lol
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  23. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    it's my refeed day too, if i frontload with veggies i'll be a blaoted full mess
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  24. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    bruh i got 5 servings of veggies for dinner lol
    Psh, sorry didnt see the steam able stir fry! What kind do you buy?
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  25. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Just the shop rite steam bags lol easiest. But I buy bulk broccoli from Costco and cook large large amounts at a time

    Post workout refeed:


    Name:  ForumRunner_20140812_142324.png
Views: 21
Size:  381.2 KB

    3/4 scoop chocolate select, 30g puffed wheat with one serving sea salt breyers caramel, 5 rice cakes with cinnamon and a stack of chocolate waffles and marshmallow spread. Nomz
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  26. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    Just the shop rite steam bags lol easiest. But I buy bulk broccoli from Costco and cook large large amounts at a time Post workout refeed: <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 5305"/> 3/4 scoop chocolate select, 30g puffed wheat with one serving sea salt breyers caramel, 5 rice cakes with cinnamon and a stack of chocolate waffles and marshmallow spread. Nomz
    I love steamable bags for anything! Fast and easy!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  27. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    2911506

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    Focusing on building better form and more explosive, lowering weight a tad in the beginning of the gaining phase to get my form picture perfect on everything

    As I said Im gonna scale back on every exercise and ensure proper form and get a feel for this routine. Not training to failure is gonna be an adjustment but I'll get it.
    I'm gonna be doing exactly the same... dropping weights and suring up my form on everything. The little nagging injuries are starting to pile up so the next few weeks are gonna be super light and never to failure (an adjustment for me too as I go to failure on almost every set and then usually end with a drop or rest pause) to try to recover a bit. Plus a week off totally for vacation (beach house, no gym) so I should be ready to go come the first week of September.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  28. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    yeah it's gonna be different to no failure, but if i wanna nail this frequency i have to stick to it. time to grow though
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  29. New Member
    Clipper83's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    156017

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Training to failure is just too fun sometimes
    Myokem Forum Rep If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough
    Visit the Myokem website and JoinTheLab! Enter "Clipper15" and save
  30. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Clipper83 View Post
    Training to failure is just too fun sometimes
    lol strong this.

    it's a rush. it's a boner kill when you know you're leaving a rep or two in the tank
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  31. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Hey swol, how do you usually cook your broccoli? Also you weigh before or after cooking?
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  32. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Hey swol, how do you usually cook your broccoli? Also you weigh before or after cooking?
    i boil it in a huuuuuuge pot. and then weigh after cooking. the key is to stay consistent so if you do it frozen or before cooking then just stick with that
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  33. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    2911506

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    yeah it's gonna be different to no failure, but if i wanna nail this frequency i have to stick to it. time to grow though
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipper83 View Post
    Training to failure is just too fun sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    lol strong this.

    it's a rush. it's a boner kill when you know you're leaving a rep or two in the tank
    Agreed on all fronts... I've always had the classic BB mindset of "if its not sore, its not enough". I'm sure with a new plan this will really "feel" better on all the joints and such and allow my recovery to improve as well, obviously leanding to GAAIINNZZZ
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  34. New Member
    hulkish1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    235030

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Man i steam all the greens and veggies and boil or grill most meats
    MYOKEM BOARD REP
    DEFY LIMITATIONS
  35. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    int he long run i always wondered if it made a difference, but i doubt it lol
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  36. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Dilemma here guys. So i buy the birds eye steamable brown rice. The serving size is 136g. Not sure if that is the frozen weight or the after cooking weight!

    I weighed one bag frozen and it weighed 291g(bag and all)

    Then i threw one in the microwave and it came out as 244g(bag and all)
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  37. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Dilemma here guys. So i buy the birds eye steamable brown rice. The serving size is 136g. Not sure if that is the frozen weight or the after cooking weight!
    now rice is something i'd recommend measuring dry and then cooking yourself. for one a bag of uncooked rice is dirt cheap, two it'll be more accurate measured dry. the issue with cooked rice is how much water is absorbed and held can alter the calorie content. whereas measuring dry, it'll be exactly the same everytime.

    that's how i've done it all this time, and that's how my coach explains it to me. plus it takes only 20-30 mins to make some damn good fresh rice
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  38. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    now rice is something i'd recommend measuring dry and then cooking yourself. for one a bag of uncooked rice is dirt cheap, two it'll be more accurate measured dry. the issue with cooked rice is how much water is absorbed and held can alter the calorie content. whereas measuring dry, it'll be exactly the same everytime. that's how i've done it all this time, and that's how my coach explains it to me. plus it takes only 20-30 mins to make some damn good fresh rice
    Yea but that would defeat the purpose of buying the convenience of the steamable bags. I edited my above post about the weight!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  39. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    601552

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    eh then go for it, but for pure accuracy measuring dry is the best route

    i'd assume measuring it outside the bag cooked is what they intend
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  40. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    612528

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolbraham View Post
    eh then go for it, but for pure accuracy measuring dry is the best route i'd assume measuring it outside the bag cooked is what they intend
    So, for instance if 136g is the frozen weight, around what would the cooked weight measure be? When cooked it, it weighs less.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Kat's quest to get lean with LG's C2K
    By love2liftkat in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 799
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 06:33 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 07:32 AM
  3. where to get store templates like pw , lg , and others
    By sicosico in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 05:53 PM
  4. Reliable place to get Liquid Nolva and Clomid
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 05:52 PM
  5. Where to get Liquid Clomid and Liquid Novladex
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in