Liftandswim's Log

Page 2 of 32 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,023
    Rep Power
    370530
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    96.84%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Hey man, nice weight in the rows and reps on the Kroc rows with that weight. Solid!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS

  2. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Hey man, nice weight in the rows and reps on the Kroc rows with that weight. Solid!
    Thanks rob, I love me some rows. Like I said above, they seem to be helping in the big lifts. I like to alternate lower back taxing rows (i.e. barbell rows) and something less stressful like cable rows or chest supported row from week to week.

    And I'm pretty bummed my gym doesn't have dbs above 100lbs for them Kroc rows.
  3. Senior Member
    capo180's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Rep Power
    5283
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    63.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice rowing, a nice strong solid back will go a long way towards increasing the big lifts.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,255
    Rep Power
    609001
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    90.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Matt Kroc went to a gym that didn't have anything over 100 for awhile. He just set insane rep PRS, like 40 and 50. And that dude is as strong as they come.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  5. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Matt Kroc went to a gym that didn't have anything over 100 for awhile. He just set insane rep PRS, like 40 and 50. And that dude is as strong as they come.
    A little goal of mine is to eventually get 50. Probably a good year off that. Thanks for the motivation herder
  6. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    8/11

    Week 2, Day 1

    Warm-up
    Cycle 1 mile
    General stretching
    Mobility

    Med Ball Slam
    15 total

    Deadlift
    (60 seconds rest)
    285x3
    285x3
    285x3
    285x3
    285x3

    Press
    115x3
    130x3
    145x3+ (9, again no tape)

    Barbell Curl
    50x10
    55x10
    60x10

    Back Raises
    BWx15
    BWx15
    BWx15

    Facepulls
    100 total

    Thoughts:
    Good little workout. The volume deads gassed my low back and lats, gotta love short rest! Tripled the prescribed reps on press, so I'm happy with that. No film again because, like an idiot, I forgot my phone at home. Which also meant I had no music, lame. Looking forward to throwing up some tape of my squat 5's on Wednesday though. Stay strong AM.
  7. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,721
    Rep Power
    3986147
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    In for squat videos.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  8. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    8/12

    Week 2, Day 2

    Weighted Vest Walk
    ~2 miles

    Mobility
  9. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    8/13

    Week 2, Day 3

    **Workout #1**

    Squat
    385x1 (20lb PR)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4XhbYiJ7R8

    Thoughts:
    ME + Boredom + Motivational Powerlifting Videos on Youtube = New squat PR. And after reviewing the tape I may have been good for 405 (would have been a grinder though). I don't want to make this a habit, but I just couldn't resist today. Few things I noticed:
    1. the pins were set too high, I kept bumping it on my unrack, not too big of a deal but definitely not ideal on the heavier weights
    2. i had a little more horizontal knee travel than i'd like, need to work on keeping my weight back. paused the video in the hole, dat shin angle.
    3. when the weights get heavy I move my head around, it's almost like I'm afraid i'm not going to make it out of the hole so I instinctively look up. I need to knock that sh!t off because it only further exacerbates my weight shifting forward!
    4. i don't want to be a dive-bomb squatter, but i slow my descent too much on the higher percentages. i deleted the film to save space on my phone, but 315 and 350 moved a ton faster (down and up)

    Any other comments guys? Always open to critique.

    Also, I still plan on hitting my scheduled workout tonight. It's nothing daunting and I have 5 or so hours to recover, i'll be just fine.
  10. Senior Member
    capo180's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Rep Power
    5283
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    63.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    pretty nice squat man, i expected it too be a lot slower decent from the way you talked about it. for some reason it looks like you kinda bounced at the bottom, idk if you kinda bouced off your calves there, but that looked like it caused your knees to really move forward. besides that it looked like a great squat, especially for a 20 lb PR.
  11. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    3827592
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I thought it looked great for a 20lb PR. Bit of knee travel like you mentioned. You think that's a slow descent?? Looked just not too fast/not too slow.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  12. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by capo180 View Post
    pretty nice squat man, i expected it too be a lot slower decent from the way you talked about it. for some reason it looks like you kinda bounced at the bottom, idk if you kinda bouced off your calves there, but that looked like it caused your knees to really move forward. besides that it looked like a great squat, especially for a 20 lb PR.
    I think that little dance move you saw was me having weak hips haha. Or possibly me trying to lead with chest/head out of the hole instead of my ass. I'll figure it out.

    But thanks bro! I'm definitely pleased with it. Always hungry for more though.
  13. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I thought it looked great for a 20lb PR. Bit of knee travel like you mentioned. You think that's a slow descent?? Looked just not too fast/not too slow.
    Thanks sean, you're right. The descent wasn't as slow as I thought now that I've watched it like 10 times.

    The knee travel is making me have to almost bottom out to hit depth. I'll fix that

    P.S. your log makes me feel weak
  14. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    3827592
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Thanks sean, you're right. The descent wasn't as slow as I thought now that I've watched it like 10 times. The knee travel is making me have to almost bottom out to hit depth. I'll fix that P.S. your log makes me feel weak
    My bench sucks and deadlift is a slow mover. No one is weak here.

    Focus on creating torque through your feet by counter rotating your feet into the ground. You're going to feel your glutes engage and knees go out instead of more forwards. Herderdude has a pretty good explanation, too.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  15. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Focus on creating torque through your feet by counter rotating your feet into the ground. You're going to feel your glutes engage and knees go out instead of more forwards. Herderdude has a pretty good explanation, too.
    Screw my feet into the ground, is that a good cue for what you're saying? I just tried it on my bedroom floor and can kinda feel it, I imagine it's much more pronounced under a load.

    I hear all these great cues then forget them when it's time to squat. Forever learning.
  16. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,023
    Rep Power
    370530
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    96.84%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nice freakin PR. Looked great except the knee travel as mentioned. Cant complain on a 20lb PR haha. Speed was good IMO
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  17. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    3827592
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Screw my feet into the ground, is that a good cue for what you're saying? I just tried it on my bedroom floor and can kinda feel it, I imagine it's much more pronounced under a load. I hear all these great cues then forget them when it's time to squat. Forever learning.
    Yup.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  18. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    8/13

    Week 2, Day 3

    **Workout #2**

    Warm-up
    Cycle 1 mile
    General stretching
    Mobility

    Box Jump
    15 total

    Squat
    215x5
    250x5
    280x5+ (13, i'll take it)

    Pause Bench
    (60 seconds rest)
    215x5
    215x5
    215x5
    215x5
    215x5

    Pull-ups
    BWx50 total

    Side Bends
    70x25
    70x25

    Tricep Pushdown
    UnknownX25
    UnknownX25
    UnknownX25

    Thoughts:
    Solid workout considering i hit a PR earlier in the day. Technique felt a little better (worked on "screwing" my feet in, but I struggled with the cue upon descent...something to play with I guess). Wish I had some film (my dad, who's also my lifting partner by the way, accidentally deleted it...he's not so good with this 21st century stuff...unless you're talking Candy Crush, the man is addicted). No worries, I love having my dad in the gym. He used to complain of knee/back pain, but after getting him in the weight room those days are in the past. He's PR'ing every week on the big lifts, makes me feel good.

    So yeah, after the AMRAP set my body basically quit. Still got the work in though! I was so gassed that I couldn't even properly set up for my volume pause benches, I might as well have had my feet up in the air haha. But really no complaints, today was a good day. Thanks for all the support/feedback guys, I really do appreciate it. Stay strong AM.
  19. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    3827592
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    AMRAP squats are no fun. Good work bud
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  20. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,255
    Rep Power
    609001
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    90.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    If you want to keep the external rotation torque on your descent, you're going to have to leg curl yourself down into the hole. Nice freaking squat, man. Congrats.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  21. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    If you want to keep the external rotation torque on your descent, you're going to have to leg curl yourself down into the hole. Nice freaking squat, man. Congrats.
    Ah, okay. That actually makes sense to me. Thanks herder
  22. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    AMRAP squats are no fun. Good work bud
    Probably would have been good for 15-16, but my technique would have been in the toilet so I racked it.
  23. Senior Member
    PumpHouse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    136442
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    12.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Congrats on the PR brother.
  24. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,721
    Rep Power
    3986147
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Watched it yesterday, but wasn't home all day so didn't want to type a lot on my phone.

    1) Congrats on the PR! I think you had more in you, but always good to hit a PR, leave some in the tank, and know you can keep building than to overshoot and fail in training.

    2) Work on the walk out. Yours isn't too bad, but you could be a little more deliberate with your steps. Even if it doesn't save you more energy, I find a more authoritative walkout does me well for the "mental" side of the weight. Kind of you taking control of it and not letting it dictate the terms of your lift.

    3) I don't think the knee travel is a big issue. Only really that little extra bit at the bottom. I've watched it a lot and I think (I can't totally tell so a little guess work) it is because you lose a bit of tightness at end range. It almost looks like a minor buttwink or loss of tension that results in the weight shifting forward a bit. You may even be able to not get that low and still hit depth.

    4) For the feet screwing into the ground I like to get this idea just standing with no shoes. Assume your squat stance. Then think of grabbing the ground with your toes, almost stretch your toes out, and see if you notice your glutes turn on more. You can stand with feet normal and with the toes stretched out and try to find the difference.

    When doing this it should help you with feeling the hips, allowing you to get better alignment of the knees as you descend (they'll move out and track over the feet better), and provide a more stable position. You can try screwing your feet/torquing with toes normal and toes spread trying to grab the ground. I find it is easier to have the ankle collapse (come out on the side of the foot as the knees get pushed out) if I don't try to grab the ground with my toes.

    5) Otherwise I think your form looks very good for max effort! So nice work and keep building. I'd like another angle (to see the knees from the front a bit and maybe a little higher to see your ribs/bracing), but I know we can't film one lift from multiple angles usually (I wish I could too haha).


    Inb4 someone thinks I am weird with the foot thing and TLDR.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  25. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,255
    Rep Power
    609001
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    90.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    The foot thing is a good point, bolt. Super D talks about spreading the foot so we don't roll onto our ankles while spreading the floor, and Brian Carroll talks about grabbing the floor like a monkey. All of the main lifts in 5/3/1 rely on good foot positioning and awareness, I even get better results out of my seated OHP from really planting my feet.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  26. Senior Member
    joh408's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    482543
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    89.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice PR man! Were tied now haha. I think these guys covered everything plus they are more knowledgable than me
    Justin
    Instagram: justin_ohara9
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/231863-joh408s-longterm-quest.html
  27. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Watched it yesterday, but wasn't home all day so didn't want to type a lot on my phone. 1) Congrats on the PR! I think you had more in you, but always good to hit a PR, leave some in the tank, and know you can keep building than to overshoot and fail in training. 2) Work on the walk out. Yours isn't too bad, but you could be a little more deliberate with your steps. Even if it doesn't save you more energy, I find a more authoritative walkout does me well for the "mental" side of the weight. Kind of you taking control of it and not letting it dictate the terms of your lift. 3) I don't think the knee travel is a big issue. Only really that little extra bit at the bottom. I've watched it a lot and I think (I can't totally tell so a little guess work) it is because you lose a bit of tightness at end range. It almost looks like a minor buttwink or loss of tension that results in the weight shifting forward a bit. You may even be able to not get that low and still hit depth. 4) For the feet screwing into the ground I like to get this idea just standing with no shoes. Assume your squat stance. Then think of grabbing the ground with your toes, almost stretch your toes out, and see if you notice your glutes turn on more. You can stand with feet normal and with the toes stretched out and try to find the difference. When doing this it should help you with feeling the hips, allowing you to get better alignment of the knees as you descend (they'll move out and track over the feet better), and provide a more stable position. You can try screwing your feet/torquing with toes normal and toes spread trying to grab the ground. I find it is easier to have the ankle collapse (come out on the side of the foot as the knees get pushed out) if I don't try to grab the ground with my toes. 5) Otherwise I think your form looks very good for max effort! So nice work and keep building. I'd like another angle (to see the knees from the front a bit and maybe a little higher to see your ribs/bracing), but I know we can't film one lift from multiple angles usually (I wish I could too haha). Inb4 someone thinks I am weird with the foot thing and TLDR.
    1. Yeah, like I said, 405 may have been in the cards, but I'd rather grab a smooth-ish PR and get out. Especially in training.

    2. This. I need to become more deliberate in everything from my set-up to my walk-out. I phone some stuff in when I'm not thinking.

    3. I honestly think I'm losing tension. I struggle with those last few inches. I don't really think it's a mobility issue though, but idk how to stay tight that last little bit? Something to work on because I agree I shouldn't have to get so deep to hit depth.

    4. Haha I completely get what you're saying about the toes/foot thing. The big thing for me is keeping that torque upon descent by "leg curling" myself down like herder mentioned. I'm able to do it on my bedroom floor so we'll see come Monday (next squat day).

    5. The gym I workout at is pretty limited in that regard. We only have one freaking squat rack and there's no way you're getting a front view unless you wanna see all groin.

    Thanks for the response bolt, I really appreciate the input from you and everyone else. I can feel pounds adding to my squat as we speak.
  28. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,023
    Rep Power
    370530
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    96.84%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I know what you mean about the rack. When I was at LA it was impossible to see front view

    Edit: Herder posts ass view box squats lol
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  29. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Herder posts ass view box squats lol
    It'd be completely out of line not to lol
  30. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    New belt came in today guys! 10mm 4in leather single prong from Titan. This motherfcker is sturdy as hell, can't wait to break it in
  31. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,255
    Rep Power
    609001
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    90.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I know what you mean about the rack. When I was at LA it was impossible to see front view

    Edit: Herder posts ass view box squats lol
    Hey man, that rack is completely surrounded by walls! Also, I'm revolutionizing powerlifting videography.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  32. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,023
    Rep Power
    370530
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    96.84%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

    Hey man, that rack is completely surrounded by walls! Also, I'm revolutionizing powerlifting videography.
    Lmao
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  33. Senior Member
    CincyKiller45's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,587
    Rep Power
    239810
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    31.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Just seen this, nice.

    Subbed.
  34. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Just seen this, nice. Subbed.
    Thanks, another fellow Ohioan
  35. Senior Member
    CincyKiller45's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,587
    Rep Power
    239810
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    31.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Thanks, another fellow Ohioan
    Where are you at in Ohio?
  36. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Where are you at in Ohio?
    About 30 minutes west of Cleveland
  37. Senior Member
    CincyKiller45's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,587
    Rep Power
    239810
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    31.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice man. I've never been, but my best friend just got a job up there. I'm excited to go to some cavs games and check out the bar scene.
  38. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    8/14

    Week 2, Day 4

    OFF
    (was supposed to hit up some weighted vest walking, but life got in the way)


    8/15

    Week 2, Day 5

    Warm-up
    Cycle 1 mile
    General stretching
    Mobility

    Med Ball Rotational Throw
    10 total

    Deadlift
    245x3
    285x3
    325x3+ (10, taped)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5I9eNRAog

    Press
    (60 seconds rest)
    120x5
    120x5
    120x5
    120x5
    120x5

    Barbell Curl
    55x10
    60x10
    65x10

    Back Raise
    BWx15
    BWx15
    BWx15

    Facepulls
    100 total

    Thoughts:
    Well I've never filmed my deadlift up until today. That's a mistake. Didn't realize my technique was so blah. On the plus side, I still hit my goal of 10 reps (grip was the limiting factor) and my new belt is boss. You guys think setting up with my hips a tad lower and setting my lats will fix the rounding? Those are the two cues I'm going to pound. I think I'll get a little better leg drive with my hips lower too, right?

    Rest of the workout was a breeze. Looking forward to insight. Stay strong AM.
  39. Senior Member
    liftandswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    112997
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Nice man. I've never been, but my best friend just got a job up there. I'm excited to go to some cavs games and check out the bar scene.
    Yeah feels good to have Lebron back. And the bar scene is what you make of it really. West 6th street is where it's at, for reference,
  40. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    3827592
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Awesome repping, man. Just be careful with the high hippage and knee unlocking with all the reps!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 04:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format
    By Matthew D in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 04:04 AM
  4. T1 pro log
    By DreamWeaver in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 09:01 AM
  5. My Cycle Log
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 01:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in