Starting Strength and KM

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Hey fellow AM readers. Currently I've gotten back into starting strength after a month of non stop work and travel for work. I stayed up on fitness with conditioning, as a result recovery is great. I started Krav Maga again, and with the added stimulus and high intensity conditioning, I wanted a routine that was less frequent than the other routine I had been doing. I also want to start bulking up again, I wasn't tracking my macros and weighed in this morning at 157 lbs. I want to get back up to 180 or 190. The diet isn't a struggle, I have it down and know how to do it, it's just planning my meals around my workout, and work. My question is this, is starting strength enough to cause hypertrophy?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellow AM readers. Currently I've gotten back into starting strength after a month of non stop work and travel for work. I stayed up on fitness with conditioning, as a result recovery is great. I started Krav Maga again, and with the added stimulus and high intensity conditioning, I wanted a routine that was less frequent than the other routine I had been doing. I also want to start bulking up again, I wasn't tracking my macros and weighed in this morning at 157 lbs. I want to get back up to 180 or 190. The diet isn't a struggle, I have it down and know how to do it, it's just planning my meals around my workout, and work. My question is this, is starting strength enough to cause hypertrophy?
That's not really the point of starting strength, but at 157 lbs, i think if you eat and lift it's pretty much inevitable that you'll pack on some muscle. You should start a log, would be interested to see how you go about this.

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Yeah I'm thinking about the whole log idea. I'll run starting strength to up my numbers then I'll get back on 5/3/1