Starting Strength and KM

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.26%

Starting Strength and KM

Hey fellow AM readers. Currently I've gotten back into starting strength after a month of non stop work and travel for work. I stayed up on fitness with conditioning, as a result recovery is great. I started Krav Maga again, and with the added stimulus and high intensity conditioning, I wanted a routine that was less frequent than the other routine I had been doing. I also want to start bulking up again, I wasn't tracking my macros and weighed in this morning at 157 lbs. I want to get back up to 180 or 190. The diet isn't a struggle, I have it down and know how to do it, it's just planning my meals around my workout, and work. My question is this, is starting strength enough to cause hypertrophy?

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.71%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dmmcclair View Post
    Hey fellow AM readers. Currently I've gotten back into starting strength after a month of non stop work and travel for work. I stayed up on fitness with conditioning, as a result recovery is great. I started Krav Maga again, and with the added stimulus and high intensity conditioning, I wanted a routine that was less frequent than the other routine I had been doing. I also want to start bulking up again, I wasn't tracking my macros and weighed in this morning at 157 lbs. I want to get back up to 180 or 190. The diet isn't a struggle, I have it down and know how to do it, it's just planning my meals around my workout, and work. My question is this, is starting strength enough to cause hypertrophy?
    That's not really the point of starting strength, but at 157 lbs, i think if you eat and lift it's pretty much inevitable that you'll pack on some muscle. You should start a log, would be interested to see how you go about this.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.26%

Yeah I'm thinking about the whole log idea. I'll run starting strength to up my numbers then I'll get back on 5/3/1
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolics for Strength and Endurance
    By Doomsday in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 07:17 PM
  2. strength and feeling like throwing up
    By Steve325 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 01:01 PM
  3. About to take Nolvadex before starting Fin and Arimidex
    By laurier in forum Post Cycle Therapy