Workout Schedule

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
I don't know if this is where I should post this, but forgive me if it's in the wrong spot.
Anyways, I was hoping that someone could help me with my workout schedule. Give me any criticism or helpful tips.
This is how my schedule will go:
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thursday: Arms
Friday: Legs
Saturday: Long cardio day/Abs
Sunday: Rest
Any tips will be helpful. Thanks in advance

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are your goals?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to let you know there are tons of training programs used here. Go to the Training forum and search. Also look through the logs of other members for lifting routines. Good lifting to you.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Im not a fan of your routine... if anything try push/pull/legs/rest....

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
Im not a fan of your routine... if anything try push/pull/legs/rest....
That's what I am actually currently doing.
Monday: Push
Tuesday: Pull
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Push
Friday: Pull
Saturday: Legs
But some guy at my gym mentioned for me to try the other schedule, so I decided to post and see what others thought

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
That's what I am actually currently doing.
Monday: Push
Tuesday: Pull
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Push
Friday: Pull
Saturday: Legs
But some guy at my gym mentioned for me to try the other schedule, so I decided to post and see what others thought
im referring to resting after every leg day...

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
im referring to resting after every leg day...
My gym is not open on Sundays so that wouldn't work. I'd be missing to many days.
Plus, I just don't like working on Sundays

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I am trying to lower my bf% by gaining muscle and burning fat
Lol I love this answer. Focus on one or the other bud. It's the best way. I like to work chest&tri back&bi legs&calves shoulders&traps cardio&calves

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
Lol I love this answer. Focus on one or the other bud. It's the best way. I like to work chest&tri back&bi legs&calves shoulders&traps cardio&calves
Well, I just figured the more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn. I figured they came hand in hand.
But okay. Thank you for your answer

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More doesn't always equal better.

Monday: Upper-Horizontal press & Horizontal pull
Wednesday: Lower-Deadlift/Ham/Quad
Friday: Upper-Vertical Press/Pull
Saturday: Lower-Squat/Ham/Quad

You'll drive yourself crazy picking out different muscle groups on different days and all that ****. You need to be worrying about what you're doing on those days. Is there any progression scheme or periodization? Are you adding weight to the bar? Are you training movements and effective muscle groups?

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
More doesn't always equal better. Monday: Upper-Horizontal press & Horizontal pull Wednesday: Lower-Deadlift/Ham/Quad Friday: Upper-Vertical Press/Pull Saturday: Lower-Squat/Ham/Quad You'll drive yourself crazy picking out different muscle groups on different days and all that ****. You need to be worrying about what you're doing on those days. Is there any progression scheme or periodization? Are you adding weight to the bar? Are you training movements and effective muscle groups?
I hope this will answer your question.
When I go to the gym, I do all my workouts 3 sets with 10 reps. I'll probably add 2 more sets though.
I do up the weights whenever I feel like it's gotten too light (I don't really know if there's a set time to increase).

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Well, I just figured the more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn. I figured they came hand in hand. But okay. Thank you for your answer
They do not sir. It all depends on what you want, but I would say focus on bulking clean muscle (20% over your TDEE) low sugars for about 4-6 months and then if you feel you want to shred some fat, do that.

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
They do not sir. It all depends on what you want, but I would say focus on bulking clean muscle (20% over your TDEE) low sugars for about 4-6 months and then if you feel you want to shred some fat, do that.
Alright, I'll only focus on muscle growth.