RECOMPetition: Gutter and Houston Fight Through the Pain

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, houstontexas and I are starting up a new joint log to help each other reach our goals and fight through our pain while sharing knowledge with each other and the board. Both of us have injuries that have affected our training on a fairly long term basis.

This log with be roughly 12 weeks in length and will be a friendly competition.

Here is some background on myself:
1 SLAP tear repair w/ bicep tenodesis
1 unrepaired minor SLAP tear (bicep intact)
2 back injuries in the past year, 1st one unrelated to training, 2nd one definitely training related but due to imbalances from the first injury.

I will be focusing on recomposition, going through periods of cutting and lean gains. I will also be focusing on corrective exercises and mobility, as well as increasing stability. Hopefully there will be a lot of knowledge thrown around in here. Most people at an intermediate to even an advanced level of training should be able to benefit from reading this, but it is primarily to push and help each other out.

Here is my previous log that I will be continuing from in here (for more background):
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/246757-gutter-recomp-rehab.html

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for starting up this dual log for us GP. I really think this will be a good way to stay motivated.

Background Info:

• Late 2011 diagnosed with SLAP tear in right shoulder (injury had been bugging me more and more over about a year)
  • Early 2012 underwent SLAP repair
  • Mid 2012 went back to working out after being released and managed to tear my rotator cuff in the same shoulder (it is a small tear, but it gives me way more problems than the SLAP tear ever did)
  • Last few years I've had off and on pain around my right knee which is only noticeable when I'm hitting lower body hard and consistent
  • Mid 2013 I played basketball for about an hour and felt great. The next few days I began having an intensified pain which was later diagnosed as a sprained lower back and it has given me problems on and off ever since. I was told by an MRI company that ran tests that I have bulging discs, but upon taking them to my ortho he thinks my spine is in good shape for being almost 30 and that I need PT for my repeated sprain problems.
My Focus:
  • Recomp with emphasis on fat loss. I wanna see my damn abs. Right now I am skinny fat imo and I want to get sub 10% before I go on a lean bulk.
  • Learning and practicing taking care of my body better via foam rolling, stretching, etc.
  • Maintaining consistency in my diet and training vs doing the yo-yo crap where I'm good a few days and then horrible the next few.
Starting Stats:
  • 178.2lbs
  • BF% TBD
  • Jean size 34/36 (34 is tight, but wearable and 36 is a bit big, but very roomy)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, June 24th Log - Back + Bicep Day

30min brisk walk to gym as warmup

4 sets of 10 hyperextensions

Wall stretch (like couch stretch) for psoas / hips. 1 min per side

Facepulls

40# x 20reps x 2sets
60 x 17 x 1
70 x 15 x 2
80 x 15 x 2

Seated low cable row

90 x 15
90 x 15
100 x 14
100 x 14

Seated wide grip lat pulldowns

100 x 10
100 x 9

T's (with DB's) on hyper machine

W's (w DB's) on hyper machine

Barbell Shrugs (behind the back)

65 x 10 (holding 3-6 sec at top each rep)
65 x 10 "" ""
65 x 8 "" ""

Barbell Bicep Curls

Cable Bicep Curls

25 x 15 x 2 (bilateral)
25 x 15 x 2
25 x 15 x 2
25 x 15 x 2

20 min of foam rolling and some restorative yoga at the gym

30 min brisk walk home as cool down.

Food Notes: Ate a lot today, plenty of carbs as well. Kind of took a small vacation from my low carb diet. Had 50g of hydro whey during workout, had kombucha post workout. No meal post workout. Waist is still around a 34 now. Down 2 sizes since starting recomping almost 2 months ago.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I've been out of the workout phase for the most part of 2 weeks so I'm getting back in it slowly. I'm also running low on energy because my work hours increased from 40 to 60 this week. I really need to get to bed earlier than midnight when I have to wake up before 6. I'm just stubborn I guess.

Monday, June 23

5 min elliptical warmup

Stretched a bit

4 sets of pushups

4 sets of standing chest flys with band (one side at a time)

Tuesday, June 24

~5min foam rolling my legs

3 sets of side raises on the hyper extension bench

Wednesday, June 25

No workout today. I'll leave work at normal time tomorrow and hit back and biceps with more intensity and volume than these past 2 blah days...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good that you're getting back in. Work can be a b1tch. I've been out for a week until last Thursday, due to lots of company visiting, but it's usually work that cuts into my regular schedule as well.

Wednesday, June 25 (Chest + tris)

30 min brisk walk to gym as warmup, got a sweat on

Incline bench

Bar x 15
Bar x 10
65 x 10
95 x 10
115 x 10
115 x 10
115 x 10

DB incline bench

50 x 10
50 x 10
50 x 10

Machine flies

150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 15

Y cable triceps pulldowns

65 x 15
65 x 15
65 x 13
55 x 12
55 x 11
55 x 10

Forearm curls (bar)

20 x 15
35 x 15
35 x 15
35 x 15
35 x 15
35 x 12

Bunch of foam rolling on my T-spine, traps, serratus muscles, obliques, upper psoas, lower back. My serratus is being a HUGE b1tch on my left side. Massively painful for weeks if not months now. I have real tender spots in there. I need to get a back MRI and get this checked out cos this pain is likely radiating from a disc issue. If I press on my side around my lower ribcage and on the muscles between the lower few ribs on that side - and I can feel the adhesions/knots as well, it's brutally painful. Been using the foam roller, lacrosse ball and the MWod Super Nova on it. I also foam rolled my rear rotator cuff where it attaches to my lats near the rear armpit area, very painful and tight in there typically, on both sides. Did one side at a time and just kinda layed there on it, moving back and forth slightly.

30 min brisk walk back home as cool down

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, June 26

Band shoulder dislocations or close to it... I've never done them with a broom and just started trying them with a band. I just do what I can.

Band pull aparts across chest

2 sets of hyperextensions

4 sets of seated one hand cable rows

4 sets of seated two hand cable rows

6 sets of rope pulldowns

Friday, June 27

Didn't really hit my triceps or biceps on the other 2 days so I wanted to hit them today. Well also because I felt guilty for eating like a fatty at a lunch
20-30min walk with my son and our dog

Stretching

Band shoulder dislocations

8 sets overhead rope tricep extensions

4 sets dumbbell curls

Notes: Back was feeling a bit tight today, but pretty decent overall

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
After binge eating last night I decided to run 12 days or so of the rapid fat loss protocol to get things moving quickly and to help kick these cravings I'm having. After this I'll go back to standard CKD protocol.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about doing a few weeks of PSMF soon... but not quite ready for that. I think towards August I will try it out.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Friday, June 27

1 hour Hot Yoga class - was pretty tough (wasn't the restorative class, was a pretty active/fast class)

Saturday, June 28

Mainly just did a bit of PT/correctional exercises

4 sets of 10 hyperextensions

IYT circuit while horizontal on hyper machine

8 reps per move, 24 total per set
5 sets

These were really tough on my lower back after doing those rounds of hypers. I'll have to switch the order next time, or do them all while facedown on a bench..

W's on incline bench, face down

D1/D2 for shoulders
4 sets each side high and low

Facepulls
(went fairly light on these today)

Bicep curl bar curls

jinxie - come join us in here when you have a chance. Also, I meant to ask you if you think I can do most of the above daily (IYTW's, etc), or you think maybe on an EOD basis...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sunday June 29

Nothing crazy today, just some squats, posterior chain work and hip flexion work. Aiming to do this workout twice a week.

Warmup:

30min walk to gym

Foam rolling of glutes, hams, T-spine, lower back, seratus / lats.. left side is still killing me when I roll it

Front squats ATG

Bar x 10
Bar x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 6

Note: getting better at these, mainly with wrist mobility, doesn't quite hurt as much till heavier weight

Back squat ATG with belt
155 x 10
155 x 10

Notes: No back spasms at all today post squatting. The extra back work I've been doing and use of a belt is helping I think.

RDLS

95 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 10

Decline sit-ups
Note: did these on decline bench but did not go all the way down, went just barely past parallel, held for a sec or two then up again

Lots of foam rolling, stretching of hips.

External rotations DB's
2 sets per side

Cool down:
30min walk home from gym

Food Notes: I am back to a low carb diet, but I am having 50grams of carbs post workout. My only carb intake all day. Having carbs on workout days is definitely helping performance.

Other Notes: I really need to start upping my core game. The girl I've been seeing is telling me she's starting to see the outline of abs.... but I haven't been working abs directly at all outside of occasional yoga classes. I really should be strengthening my core though....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did a weigh-in today. 225# now.
Down 15# in past 1.5 months.
I am also not glycogen depleted atm as I am eating some carbs again (TKD).

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Monday, June 30

5 min elliptical @ lvl 15

stretching

4 sets of pushups... started out with 20 for the first 2 sets, but ended up burning out quicker on the other 2

4 sets of standing band flys for each side

4 sets of single arm cable tricep pushdowns

few minutes of playing around with a heavy bag with the neighborhood kids

Diet Notes: Today was my first day to stick with PSMF style eating. This weekend we had family in from out of town and I did the regular thing and ate normal food like everyone else when we went out to dinner Sat. and Sun.

Here is my breakdown for today: 1135 calories, 176.5g protein, 38.5g fat, 25g carbs

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Monday June 30

Warmup: Walk 30m to gym

Lots of foam rolling on T-Spine, full back, lats, seratus, upper traps and neck.

Decided to focus on mid/upper traps / rear delts today. Upper back needs strength/thickness.

Rear Delt machine flies

40 x 15
40 x 12
50 x 10
60 x 10
70 x 9
80 x 9
90 x 7

W's on bench

D1/D2 Shoulder PT

3 sets of 15 from low to high
3 sets of 15 high to low

Seated Low cable rows (done slow, focusing on scapular retraction)

60 x 15
70 x 15
70 x 15

Foam rolling and back stretching

Cool down: Walk 30 min home from gym

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, July 3

I've been extremely busy, but I have been doing good this week. I've maintained my PSMF for the most part. I've been a bit higher in grams of fat than it should be, but my calories are still way lower than normal.

I went to my assessment PT session for my back yesterday afternoon and it went very well. My mobility and flexibility was really good throughout my legs, hips and back. My leg strength was really good except my hip flexors could use some work, but they weren't too bad. My real problem was very obvious when I got into a plank position. My core immediately started shaking like crazy. My abs need a lot of work to help take the strain off of my back. I'm going to be doing a lot of planks and a few other exercises until they start getting easy and then I'll start progressing from there. I'm hopeful I'll have a great recovery as far as my back goes.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My abs need a lot of work to help take the strain off of my back. I'm going to be doing a lot of planks and a few other exercises until they start getting easy and then I'll start progressing from there. I'm hopeful I'll have a great recovery as far as my back goes.
I'm the exact same and in the same boat. Planks, side planks, reverse crunches (these are amazing, check them out). Also, I've started doing decline bench situps to help hit the lower abs which I have a hard time with. Holy @#$% these work amazingly well, and as an added bonus, they hit the iliopsoas as well as hips. I also want to start using the ab wheel... but ever since I started adding in core work, I've realized I need to ease into it, so I don't do all of these yet, just choosing a couple at a time..... I'm usually in a lot of pain for 2 days after.

Friday July 4th - Happy Independence Day!!!

Got a ride to the gym today. Foam rolling for 15 min prior to workout

Rear delt machine flies

40 x 15
40 x 12
50 x 10
60 x 12
70 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 9

W's on bench

Behind the back barbell shrugs

65 x 12
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10

OH Press - just wanted to get used to this motion again and start warming my shoulders up to pressing again

Bar x 10
Bar x 10
Bar x 10

DB incline chest press

50 x 10
50 x 10
50 x 10

Hyperextensions

Machine flies

150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10

30min walk home from gym in the cold cold drizzling rain lol... I didn't want to put an end to my usual post workout cardio / scenic walk

Overall Note: Ever since starting TONS of reverse flies, ITYW's, hyperextensions, my back has been SO much better. Now I just need to focus FAR more on core.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Saturday July 5th

Bit of an advanced warning..this workout went really bad. I'm not quite sure what the problem was =\ I know that I had scheduled a hot yoga class right after training, and my trains to get to this specific location were all messed up, so I got to the gym late, which left me 30min to train before I had to leave to get to the hot yoga class. I really wanted to make it to the class though because it really helps my core & stabilizers out a lot and relieves a lot of pain. Maybe this workout went really bad just because I was feeling really rushed...

Front Squats

Bar x 10
Bar x 10
115 x 5 (wrist was reeeeally hurting for some reason, usually I can do 10)
115 x 5 (same pain)
135 x 5 (same again, had to stop short)

Back Squat ATG (with belt)

155 x 8
155 x 8

Not sure what the problem is here. I can normally do 10 reps easily for multiple sets.

RDLS

95 x 10
95 x 10

Really had to get going or I'd be late. What a $hitty workout. Making up for it at my next one.

Post Workout

Went to a scheduled hot yoga class, the hardest/fastest one that this studio offers, in 100 degree heat. Holy crap it kicked my ass. My legs were shaking, my shoulders burning at times, my core was complaining lol... and my cardiovascular system was being heavily taxed. Not bad.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sunday, July 6

30min brisk walk to gym.
15 min of foam rolling.

DB Incline Bench

25 x 10 flies (warmup)
25 x 8 flies (warmup)
50 x 10 - press
50 x 10
50 x 10

Machine Flies

155 x 12
155 x 10
155 x 10
155 x 10

Y Cable Tricep Pushdowns

70 x 15
70 x 13
60 x 10
60 x 10
50 x 12
50 x 10

Overhead Tricep Extension - single arm

30 x 10 x 2
30 x 10 x 2
30 x 10 x 2

Forearm Curls

35 x 15
35 x 15
35 x 12
35 x 12
35 x 10

Post Workout:

30min walk home from gym then walked the dog and took the train to the city for a 90min Hot Yoga class, was a Yin/restorative class focusing on long stretches, mainly focusing on this hips and back, but shoulders as well. Great class.

Notes: I am basically trying to workout everyday now. I love walking to this new gym, the scenery and neighborhoods are great, so I'm getting a full hour of walking in everyday. I can handle this frequency as I'm only training with volume, and not usually till failure. Starting to hit certain groups EOD now as well. Of course I will take time off as needed, if the need arises, but recovery has been great.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
This weekend and yesterday weren't very productive besides working a lot. I managed to eat like crap the entire weekend and put back every pound I lost earlier in the week. I didn't workout b/c I was too busy drinking and having fun. I don't do that very often though so it was nice to have a weekend of fun. I've been sleeping like crap b/c I have been staying up late every night. I did eat pretty good yesterday though so that was a good way to start off the week. Today I'll get a workout in and try to get to sleep earlier.

I'll be checking out that yoga article later. I'm going to move my son's tv he never uses into the garage so I can do yoga and stretching videos I find online. Amazon Prime has a bunch of yoga videos I can stream for free so that's where I'm going to start.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well it looks like I pulled / strained my left psoas from Sunday's Yin Yoga class. I tried to stretch too deep because my tight hips bother me. I should focus on daily stretching if I'm going to go that deep. I discovered my psoas was pulled after trying to do decline situps... couldn't get past 1. I was still able to train though and go to yoga class yesterday, but I am taking a day of rest + ice today.

Monday July 7th

Walked 30min to gym as warmup

Rear delt machine flies

45 x 15
45 x 12
55 x 10
55 x 12
65 x 10
75 x 10
90 x 8
100 x 6

Prone shrugs on incline bench

35 x 10 x 2
35 x 10 x 2
45 x 10 x 2
45 x 10 x 2

W's on bench

10 x 15 x 2
10 x 15 x 2
10 x 15 x 2
10 x 15 x 2

Behind the back barbell shrugs

65 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10

Seated Low cable rows

60 x 15
80 x 12
80 x 14
100 x 12
100 x 10

Hyperextensions

Walked 30min home as cool down

Picked up my gear and then took the train to the city for a 60min hot yoga class, a pretty tough one. That was a lot of walking/training today.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Took Tuesday off due to pulled psoas. Decided to give blood since it was a day off (whole blood). Back in action now, but still a bit sore.

Wednesday July 9

Incline Barbell Bench (decided to do barbell bench today since it was too busy to do DB press, no free benches)

Bar x 15
Bar x 15
95 x 8
115 x 8 (shoulders starting to hurt)
115 x 8 (same, outer delts, deep inside)
115 x 8 (ouch)

Bad choice to pick up the barbell again, not ready yet

Incline DB Press

50 x 10 (right shoulders is clicking a bit)
50 x 10 (not going down as deep and the clicking is stopping)

This was ok, the shoulder with the unrepaired SLAP tear was clicking though, which is always a bad sign to me... must be from benching

Shoulder D1/D2

Did a bunch from high and low, to bring some blood to my shoulders and warm them up

Machine Flies

150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10

These felt good on my shoulders

Standing Curl Bar bicep curls

35 x 15
45 x 12
45 x 10
45 x 10

Tricep Pushdowns

60 x 10
50 x 14
50 x 12
50 x 10

Post Workout

Did a 60min hot yoga class. I nearly passed out a bunch of times about 3/4 of the way through and almost threw up. I think it's due to training and then hot yoga within 24hrs of giving blood. Wasn't getting enough oxygen or something, plus it was a really hot day so the class was extra extra hot. I also forgot to take my Cordygen / Athlyte pills before class.

Overall Notes: I feel like my gym performance is going down lately. It could be due to doing more work while on a diet. I am doing hot yoga everyday now, and not the strictly restorative one, but the more active one. My back is feeling great now though.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Dang man don't kill yourself doing yoga. That isn't the way to go out lol. I've been doing my ab stuff at night, but have neglected to workout other than that this week. Been working until 7pm most nights. I need to stop using that as an excuse and just do what I need to do. I'll have a workout tonight and get it posted tomorrow most likely.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been training almost daily just for stress relief... going through a lot of that right now.. likely pushing myself too much. I'm walking about 5-6 miles, training, and doing hot yoga almost daily now.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
You're pushing too hard and I'm not pushing enough right now. we are balancing out overall lol.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've gotta admit, I've been feeling a bit depressed/anxious lately due to some factors in my life... and that's why I've been really pushing it... Which is actually a good reaction to stress. Normally when I am feeling really down about something, I don't get super motivated... But all the training helps to clear my mind, plus the weather has been amazing here so I've tried to be outside / out of my house as much as I can be.

I've just ordered some Tianeptine (Stablon) powder, so it's time to put that anxiety/bull$hit to rest and move on with a clear/positive mind. It's too bad it poops out for me after about 4 months, but that should be long enough. I normally do it in cycles as needed.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Sorry life is getting to you bud. You're definitely doing something right if you're staying motivated to get in the gym etc. The weather here is hot and humid as hell, but I still get out there some. I've never heard of Stablon so I'll have to look into that.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I get really affected by the women in my life, far more than I should, especially when I am in love. I shouldn't let women trouble / complications get me down. Staying busy is key for me... and hopefully some xanax and stablon as well lol... women can really drive me crazy sometimes...

Living in NYC, most of my circle of friends are always out drinking, and that's not quite what I want to be doing all the time in order to burn stress. It's been tough for me to find a circle of clean living, athletic, positive friends here. Most of my athletic friends are scattered around the country.

I think I want to start taking my training in a new direction soon. I love training, but I would really love to start training for 'something', to have a purpose. Something competitive. I've been thinking about getting into these various competitions such as the Civilian Military Combine, etc...Competitions that test strength, endurance and agility.. I feel so much better and accomplished when things I am doing have a purpose and goal, not to mention, it would be a great way to meet like minded people with similar lifestyles... It's tough to meet women in NY with the same lifestyle as me as well...so that could also be a plus of doing these... I've thought about joining Crossfit again as well, for the camaraderie and family aspect of it all... but it doesn't completely follow all of my goals, and it's also quite expensive here on top of my yoga etc... The best thing about Crossfit is the community aspect and positivity & drive of everyone involved. I could definitely manage 2 Crossfit session a week while continuing my yoga and volume work at the gym, but a 2 day per week monthly pass here is over $150!! Combine that with $120 unlimited hot yoga pass and my ~$100 gym pass and that's a bit extreme!!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Took yesterday and today off as I had some special company over and am extremely exhausted today. Used today to rethink my plans, goals, etc. Got my stablon/tianeptine powder in and am pretty happy about that as well.

I'll be doing grocery shopping tonight after putting together a new diet plan. Going to keep things very simple and whole, and start a pre-competition type diet consisting of:

Coconut oil, EVOO and fish oil
Chicken breast (not a big fan of fish)
Asparagus

This will all take up the majority of the diet. But I will be including daily carbs this time around:

Pre-workout, or possibly earlier in the day I will have 1/2 sweet potato (or similar) with my chicken.
Post-workout I will have fruit (planning on pineapple because I love it, and the enzymes inside).

Will post the diet in detail by tomorrow, once I work out all my macros. Will also post all my current supps, etc for this round of weight loss. Lately I've been doing a maintenance diet.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Ya I'm going to make a plan tonight and post it for going forward. I will try and take some pics as well. What makes you choose asparagus as your main veggie vs broccoli etc? I like asparagus I just don't know what benefits it has over other veggies. I usually end up eating green beans a lot b/c I just love them and they're good with everything to me.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Btw, back on the topic of Stablon / Tianeptine. I got my order in yesterday and been taking it since. Feeling so much better today. I love how it's effects are almost immediate with me. Instant mood lift and anxiolitic. Cuts anxiety without the sedating effects of most Rx drugs. Quite the opposite - brightens the mood. Almost a wonder drug in that sense. It's a shame it's effects are not very long lasting in most people. I can never get it to work longer than 4 months myself, but I definitely feel better than before, once I stop using it. It can be cycled as well...although I've only used it a few times and never experimented with different off times.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Monday July 15

Starting a new workout routine, basically fullbody EOD. For legs, I'm removing squatting (for now) while keeping in RDL's. I'm doing a TON of yoga atm and the long lunge poses are super tough if I've been squatting. Focusing on fat loss now, as well as rehabbing, so I'm not going to stop my frequent yoga so that I can squat =) I might try a couple sets here and there though... but the yoga has worked wonders for my back. I feel little to no pain as long as I am going at least every other day. It's also really helping me with stability / balance.

This Wednesday, there is a special guest instructor at my yoga studio, so I am doing 2 back to back sessions. Not sure if I will hit the gym then. If I do, it will be at lunch, while yoga is at night... but that's a lot of sessions in 1 day.

Log time:

Walk 30 min in pouring rain to gym lol.. this is dedication.. really had to push myself to go

Foam roll 10min

Hyperextensions

Machine flies

120 x 6
120 x 6
150 x 6
160 x 10
160 x 10
160 x 10
170 x 10

Reverse flies / rear delt machine

40 x 10
40 x 10
70 x 10
80 x 10
100 x 8

W's / rear flies on incline

Incline bench prone shrugs

35 x 10
35 x 10

note: I think I hit my mid traps enough now haha

Incline close grip DB press

50 x 15
50 x 15

Pushing 2 25's together and up
Note: Doing these to fill in inner line of chest and upper inner area. This movement works for me

RDL's

Bar x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10

Seated curls

40 x 8
40 x 8

Standing barbell curls

45 x 10
45 x 10
55 x 10

Decline sit-ups

Took train home, screw the rain.. Plus it was late at night and felt like passing out after lol

Doing similar routine 3x per week.

Note: Just realized that I forgot to do my shoulder D1/D2's. Will make up for this today and add to routine. I will also add ab wheel and some strict pullups or lat pulldowns/rows to routine. Really need to focus on core... realized in yoga class that I can't really do side planks very well at all lol

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Monday, July 14

I've been working like crazy so I've been letting my workout time slip away. It felt good to get back on track.

Ab routine: I'll elaborate on this later about 8-10 sets of low/slow movement exercises

Rope pulldowns: 80#x15, 90#x12, 100#x10, 110#x8

Standing rope rows: 100#x12, 100#x12, 110#x10, 110#x8

Back extensions: 3 sets of 10

Supplements started:

Ostabol @ 20mg

11-OXO @ 600mg

Adrenna-G (stimulant) @ 1-2 caps a day

PLCAR @ 2g

Diet is mostly CKD with a few slips here and there where I go a little over on carbs, but not too much. Been doing pretty good.

Right now I'm sitting at 171lbs so I'd like to stay between 165-175 while reducing fat and retaining muscle. Once I hopefully get my BF% down to around 8-9% I' plan on lean bulking or just continuing to recomp.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am sick today and out until further notice :worried:

Going to have to cancel my classes tonight... pretty upset about that

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, it sucks. Was getting into a good groove. I rarely ever get sick in the summer too.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Still have a sore throat and feel off, definitely going to do a workout tonight though. It'll do me some good to get out of the house. I've been working from home the past two days. Going to walk there again and do my fullbody routine, will make sure to really hydrate today and take lots of theraflu first lol.. Walking there in the rain Monday was probably what got me sick to begin with, but today is an amazing sunny day.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I've been out of town since Friday so I haven't lifted or logged anything. I'll get a workout in tonight or tomorrow and get some updates going soon. I got your PM also Gutter so I'll look at that soon.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was out of action last week due to being sick, sore throat n feeling pretty awful. I also broke it off with a girl I was seeing and got back with my ex of 3/4 years, so that's been keeping me busy too... I've only been doing some PT stuff and hot yoga to keep my back/shoulders healthy.

I'm all ready to go again, running some new supps until the fall, when I might try out 1-test cyp for a 3-4 month (strong) lean bulk. 1-test cyp is basically almost as strong as tren but without all the sides. Want to see what all the noise is about...but we'll see.

Planning on running a super clean / basic diet now, with carbs only existing peri-workout. I'll post it up this weekend.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Hope things are going well with the renewed love life bud. Kind of out with the old and in with the older lol.

I've hit the weights and cardio a few times this week, but have been neglecting the log. I have family in town and I'm still working like crazy. I'll try to post more next week. My neck has been killing me that last 2 days and it's giving me headaches off and on. I must have slept in a weird position for too long.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man and yes that's a good way to put it haha... It's going to take a lot of work this time around that's for sure.

Try rolling a lacrosse ball around parts of your neck while laying down so you're supported. Happens to me to. Hope you've been enjoying the family time.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just a quick note. The following will be started as of tomorrow:

Ipamorelin - 100mcg morning / pwo / night
CJC 1295 MOD GRF (1-29) - 100mcg morning / pwo / night
(dosing will still be 3x day on off days, some sort of active recovery will still be in effect on off days, good time to do the pwo dose)

Ostabol - 20mg ED in morning for 8 weeks
Dermacrine - 3 pumps in morning for unknown time

IM L-carnitine will start in a week or two. LCLT will be used until then

Diet and training plan will be posted up tomorrow.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here's my new workout routine and a few updates.

I'd taken a 2 week break from weight training due to being sick and fairly busy, but at the same time - I've become a bit more advanced in my hot yoga practice, which has helped my back and shoulders out immensely. I've been going almost everyday, doing more advanced flow classes, and have absolutely NO back pain anymore. That pain which existed in the lower left side of my ribcage seems to be gone now, and absolutely no pain in my T-spine, lumbar region or scapular area. As a plus, these classes are very challenging cardiovascular wise.... Just what I've been needing to help lose more weight and increase my endurance.

Here's the new routine I've got planned out and will try as much as possible to adhere to. I'm basically doing a fullbody routine EOD, with a 2 day break before restarting. On my workout days, I am doing a hot yoga class after weight training. On my off days, I am doing a morning and evening hot yoga class, as active recovery and cardio, and physical therapy for my back/shoulders. The new flow class has been great for my shoulders as it includes a repeated series inbetween almost every pose, which really works on shoulder & scapular stability as well as core.

Monday:
Evening Fullbody Routine
Hot Yoga class afterwards

Tuesday:
Morning Hot Yoga class
Evening Hot Yoga class

Wednesday:

Evening Fullbody Routine
Hot Yoga class afterwards

Thursday:
Morning Hot Yoga class
Evening Hot Yoga class

Friday:
Fullbody Routine sometime during the day, possibly at lunch during work, to free up my evenings, or in morning before work

Saturday:
Hot Yoga class

Sunday:
2 Hot Yoga classes, likely a flow class followed by a restorative class

With the rate I'm going with rehabing my injuries, I should be back to benching and OH work again really soon. I'm still squatting and doing deads without pain, which is great. Will be nice to have full access back with barbell work. I really want to start incorporating more olympic lifts into my routine soon.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I really need to get into the yoga stuff. I want to rearrange my garage and put a TV out there so I can use videos for yoga.

Last night I drank my creatine and bcaa pre-workout and got on the elliptical for about 10min. After I got off I was stretching and became tired/sick. I ended up calling it quits shortly after and went to bed early. I'll try it again tonight. I guess I'm just running on E from working so much and staying up late to hang out with everyone longer than I should which leads to less sleep.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I started my Ipamorelin/CJC shots, but strange thing is that I'm not experiencing the 'headrush' after the shot that I used to get in the past. Perhaps this isn't experienced as much with IPA as it is with GHRP-6 or 2. I only have 5 weeks worth, so maybe I will try another brand next time to compare.

I missed my morning yoga class today..I had to wake up at 530am to get there. I haven't gotten up that early in years, so these morning classes are going to take some motivating to make it to. I'm hitting the gym after work today then will go to a flow class after I have a shake, go home, and walk the dog. I'll have to have a light meal after the class tonight in order to fit in my macros. Been trying to avoid eating late at night though. Drinking BCAAs (Xtend) during workout and yoga class, also taking MST Cordygen VO2 Ultra

Might start B-12 shots soon, but waiting until I've got my new diet sorted, for when I'll need the energy. I'm still eating plenty of carbs, but strangely staying fairly lean. I guess since I got below a certain BF%, my body is utilizing carbs much better now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gutterpump Workout Logs 30
Gutterpump Workout Logs 222
General Chat 3