RECOMPetition: Gutter and Houston Fight Through the Pain

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Took yesterday and today off as I had some special company over and am extremely exhausted today. Used today to rethink my plans, goals, etc. Got my stablon/tianeptine powder in and am pretty happy about that as well.

I'll be doing grocery shopping tonight after putting together a new diet plan. Going to keep things very simple and whole, and start a pre-competition type diet consisting of:

Coconut oil, EVOO and fish oil
    Chicken breast (not a big fan of fish)
    Asparagus

This will all take up the majority of the diet. But I will be including daily carbs this time around:

Pre-workout, or possibly earlier in the day I will have 1/2 sweet potato (or similar) with my chicken.
    Post-workout I will have fruit (planning on pineapple because I love it, and the enzymes inside).

Will post the diet in detail by tomorrow, once I work out all my macros. Will also post all my current supps, etc for this round of weight loss. Lately I've been doing a maintenance diet.

2. Ya I'm going to make a plan tonight and post it for going forward. I will try and take some pics as well. What makes you choose asparagus as your main veggie vs broccoli etc? I like asparagus I just don't know what benefits it has over other veggies. I usually end up eating green beans a lot b/c I just love them and they're good with everything to me.
    •   

3. From what I've read around and what people in the competitive world tell me, asparagus is a top choice.

It has anti-inflammatory properties and an amazing nutrient profile:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=12

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...healthbenefits

4. Btw, back on the topic of Stablon / Tianeptine. I got my order in yesterday and been taking it since. Feeling so much better today. I love how it's effects are almost immediate with me. Instant mood lift and anxiolitic. Cuts anxiety without the sedating effects of most Rx drugs. Quite the opposite - brightens the mood. Almost a wonder drug in that sense. It's a shame it's effects are not very long lasting in most people. I can never get it to work longer than 4 months myself, but I definitely feel better than before, once I stop using it. It can be cycled as well...although I've only used it a few times and never experimented with different off times.

5. Your inbox is full Mr. Popular
    •   

6. I haven't cleared it in a while. All set!

7. Monday July 15

Starting a new workout routine, basically fullbody EOD. For legs, I'm removing squatting (for now) while keeping in RDL's. I'm doing a TON of yoga atm and the long lunge poses are super tough if I've been squatting. Focusing on fat loss now, as well as rehabbing, so I'm not going to stop my frequent yoga so that I can squat =) I might try a couple sets here and there though... but the yoga has worked wonders for my back. I feel little to no pain as long as I am going at least every other day. It's also really helping me with stability / balance.

This Wednesday, there is a special guest instructor at my yoga studio, so I am doing 2 back to back sessions. Not sure if I will hit the gym then. If I do, it will be at lunch, while yoga is at night... but that's a lot of sessions in 1 day.

Log time:

Walk 30 min in pouring rain to gym lol.. this is dedication.. really had to push myself to go

Foam roll 10min

Hyperextensions

Machine flies

120 x 6
    120 x 6
    150 x 6
    160 x 10
    160 x 10
    160 x 10
    170 x 10

Reverse flies / rear delt machine

40 x 10
    40 x 10
    70 x 10
    80 x 10
    100 x 8

W's / rear flies on incline

Incline bench prone shrugs

35 x 10
    35 x 10

note: I think I hit my mid traps enough now haha

Incline close grip DB press

50 x 15
    50 x 15

Pushing 2 25's together and up
    Note: Doing these to fill in inner line of chest and upper inner area. This movement works for me

RDL's

Bar x 10
    95 x 10
    95 x 10
    95 x 10

Seated curls

40 x 8
    40 x 8

Standing barbell curls

45 x 10
    45 x 10
    55 x 10

Decline sit-ups

Took train home, screw the rain.. Plus it was late at night and felt like passing out after lol

Doing similar routine 3x per week.

Note: Just realized that I forgot to do my shoulder D1/D2's. Will make up for this today and add to routine. I will also add ab wheel and some strict pullups or lat pulldowns/rows to routine. Really need to focus on core... realized in yoga class that I can't really do side planks very well at all lol

8. Monday, July 14

I've been working like crazy so I've been letting my workout time slip away. It felt good to get back on track.

Ab routine: I'll elaborate on this later about 8-10 sets of low/slow movement exercises

Rope pulldowns: 80#x15, 90#x12, 100#x10, 110#x8

Standing rope rows: 100#x12, 100#x12, 110#x10, 110#x8

Back extensions: 3 sets of 10

Supplements started:

Ostabol @ 20mg

11-OXO @ 600mg

Adrenna-G (stimulant) @ 1-2 caps a day

PLCAR @ 2g

Diet is mostly CKD with a few slips here and there where I go a little over on carbs, but not too much. Been doing pretty good.

Right now I'm sitting at 171lbs so I'd like to stay between 165-175 while reducing fat and retaining muscle. Once I hopefully get my BF% down to around 8-9% I' plan on lean bulking or just continuing to recomp.

9. I am sick today and out until further notice

Going to have to cancel my classes tonight... pretty upset about that

10. Rest up bro and get well soon.

11. Thanks man, it sucks. Was getting into a good groove. I rarely ever get sick in the summer too.

12. Still have a sore throat and feel off, definitely going to do a workout tonight though. It'll do me some good to get out of the house. I've been working from home the past two days. Going to walk there again and do my fullbody routine, will make sure to really hydrate today and take lots of theraflu first lol.. Walking there in the rain Monday was probably what got me sick to begin with, but today is an amazing sunny day.

13. I've been out of town since Friday so I haven't lifted or logged anything. I'll get a workout in tonight or tomorrow and get some updates going soon. I got your PM also Gutter so I'll look at that soon.

14. I was out of action last week due to being sick, sore throat n feeling pretty awful. I also broke it off with a girl I was seeing and got back with my ex of 3/4 years, so that's been keeping me busy too... I've only been doing some PT stuff and hot yoga to keep my back/shoulders healthy.

I'm all ready to go again, running some new supps until the fall, when I might try out 1-test cyp for a 3-4 month (strong) lean bulk. 1-test cyp is basically almost as strong as tren but without all the sides. Want to see what all the noise is about...but we'll see.

Planning on running a super clean / basic diet now, with carbs only existing peri-workout. I'll post it up this weekend.

15. Hope things are going well with the renewed love life bud. Kind of out with the old and in with the older lol.

I've hit the weights and cardio a few times this week, but have been neglecting the log. I have family in town and I'm still working like crazy. I'll try to post more next week. My neck has been killing me that last 2 days and it's giving me headaches off and on. I must have slept in a weird position for too long.

16. Thanks man and yes that's a good way to put it haha... It's going to take a lot of work this time around that's for sure.

Try rolling a lacrosse ball around parts of your neck while laying down so you're supported. Happens to me to. Hope you've been enjoying the family time.

17. Just a quick note. The following will be started as of tomorrow:

Ipamorelin - 100mcg morning / pwo / night
    CJC 1295 MOD GRF (1-29) - 100mcg morning / pwo / night
    (dosing will still be 3x day on off days, some sort of active recovery will still be in effect on off days, good time to do the pwo dose)

Ostabol - 20mg ED in morning for 8 weeks
    Dermacrine - 3 pumps in morning for unknown time

IM L-carnitine will start in a week or two. LCLT will be used until then

Diet and training plan will be posted up tomorrow.

18. Here's my new workout routine and a few updates.

I'd taken a 2 week break from weight training due to being sick and fairly busy, but at the same time - I've become a bit more advanced in my hot yoga practice, which has helped my back and shoulders out immensely. I've been going almost everyday, doing more advanced flow classes, and have absolutely NO back pain anymore. That pain which existed in the lower left side of my ribcage seems to be gone now, and absolutely no pain in my T-spine, lumbar region or scapular area. As a plus, these classes are very challenging cardiovascular wise.... Just what I've been needing to help lose more weight and increase my endurance.

Here's the new routine I've got planned out and will try as much as possible to adhere to. I'm basically doing a fullbody routine EOD, with a 2 day break before restarting. On my workout days, I am doing a hot yoga class after weight training. On my off days, I am doing a morning and evening hot yoga class, as active recovery and cardio, and physical therapy for my back/shoulders. The new flow class has been great for my shoulders as it includes a repeated series inbetween almost every pose, which really works on shoulder & scapular stability as well as core.

Monday:
    Evening Fullbody Routine
    Hot Yoga class afterwards

Tuesday:
    Morning Hot Yoga class
    Evening Hot Yoga class

Wednesday:

Evening Fullbody Routine
    Hot Yoga class afterwards

Thursday:
    Morning Hot Yoga class
    Evening Hot Yoga class

Friday:
    Fullbody Routine sometime during the day, possibly at lunch during work, to free up my evenings, or in morning before work

Saturday:
    Hot Yoga class

Sunday:
    2 Hot Yoga classes, likely a flow class followed by a restorative class

With the rate I'm going with rehabing my injuries, I should be back to benching and OH work again really soon. I'm still squatting and doing deads without pain, which is great. Will be nice to have full access back with barbell work. I really want to start incorporating more olympic lifts into my routine soon.

19. I really need to get into the yoga stuff. I want to rearrange my garage and put a TV out there so I can use videos for yoga.

Last night I drank my creatine and bcaa pre-workout and got on the elliptical for about 10min. After I got off I was stretching and became tired/sick. I ended up calling it quits shortly after and went to bed early. I'll try it again tonight. I guess I'm just running on E from working so much and staying up late to hang out with everyone longer than I should which leads to less sleep.

20. I started my Ipamorelin/CJC shots, but strange thing is that I'm not experiencing the 'headrush' after the shot that I used to get in the past. Perhaps this isn't experienced as much with IPA as it is with GHRP-6 or 2. I only have 5 weeks worth, so maybe I will try another brand next time to compare.

I missed my morning yoga class today..I had to wake up at 530am to get there. I haven't gotten up that early in years, so these morning classes are going to take some motivating to make it to. I'm hitting the gym after work today then will go to a flow class after I have a shake, go home, and walk the dog. I'll have to have a light meal after the class tonight in order to fit in my macros. Been trying to avoid eating late at night though. Drinking BCAAs (Xtend) during workout and yoga class, also taking MST Cordygen VO2 Ultra

Might start B-12 shots soon, but waiting until I've got my new diet sorted, for when I'll need the energy. I'm still eating plenty of carbs, but strangely staying fairly lean. I guess since I got below a certain BF%, my body is utilizing carbs much better now.

21. Also, just wanted to mention... I'm on my 2nd day of 20mg Ostabol, my first time trying it out - and I swear I'm getting pumps just sitting around/walking around. I don't think it's just in my head either. Feels similar to when I'm on a PH/PS. I guess I didn't expect it to kick in so quickly, but it could also be in combination with the 3 pumps of dermacrine. I should also mention that I am taking about 200mg Mast weekly, to lower my SHBG and free everything up.

22. I'm getting pumps too man. It's a good feeling. I got in a workout finally last night so here's the breakdown.

Tuesday 7/29/14

10min elliptical warmup / stretching

3 sets of pushups

2 sets of rope pushdowns

2 sets of overhead rope extensions

3 sets of rope curls

3 sets of dumbell curls

I mixed in 2 sets of planks & 2 sets of side extensions (idk if that's the right name) into the workout as well.

pushups didn't really feel good so I abandoned them and moved on to an arm focused workout.

23. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    pushups didn't really feel good so I abandoned them and moved on to an arm focused workout.
    What's happening when you try to do pushups? Are you getting shoulder pain?

24. Tuesday July 28

Did a double session today, gym and then hot yoga class (flow) which was pretty brutal. This is a great combo, but I think I'm going to have to modify my plan I had set out. There's no way I can do 2 flow classes on my off days. Doing it back to back with a gym session was brutal enough, I need time to recover. Going to just do 1 daily flow class. Right after my gym session and then 1 on my off day.

Foam roll 10min

Hyperextensions

10 @BW
    10 BW + 10#
    10 BW + 35#

Machine flies

120 x 6
    120 x 6
    150 x 7
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 8

Reverse flies / rear delt machine

30 x 10
    45 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10

D1/D2 shoulders
    2 sets each high n low

Seated low row

70 x 10
    90 x 10
    110 x 10
    110 x 10

Standing barbell curls

50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

Traveled over to my hot yoga studio for a 1 hr flow class (power vinyasa). Was pretty fast/tough/intense. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I never thought yoga could be so taxing on the lower body and upper body. The isometric work in the lower body is pretty amazing. It completely humbled me when I first started.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    What's happening when you try to do pushups? Are you getting shoulder pain?
    Ya pain in the front of my shoulder

26. Whenever I get pain in my shoulders, I start doing my diagonals again. The D1/D2 movements. Always works like a charm. I should be doing these more often

27. I need to start incorporating those into my routine

28. Did your physical therapist ever have you doing them after surgery? Is it something you just stopped doing after a while?

29. Sunday August 3

Warmup: rowing machine on 10 (top setting). 500m race against my gf. She beat me by 7 seconds. I got 1:57. She couldn't believe I wasn't winded after that though.. I guess I could've pushed it more then. Looks like my cardio capacity / endurance is getting up there! She trains crossfit as well, and the only cardio/endurance I get is my hot yoga flow classes. She does the Civilian Military Combine races as well and came first in the women's elite class at her last race. She's definitely a good person to train with haha.. Trains so differently than I'm used to though. A lot of kettlebell training / drills, etc.

Foam roll for 5 min

Hyperextensions

10 x BW
    10 x BW + 25#
    10 x BW + 35#

Machine Flies

110 x 12
    110 x 12
    150 x 7
    160 x 10
    160 x 10
    160 x 10

Note: I dropped the weight by 5 pounds and did fewer sets this session. My last session earlier this week left me sore for too long, I wouldn't be able to go EOD with previous volume.

Reverse Flies (rear delt machine)

30 x 12
    45 x 12
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10

Incline Bench Shrugs (for mid traps)

45 x 10
    45 x 10
    45 x 10
    45 x 10

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on slight incline bench

D1/D2 shoulders

3 sets high and low, each side, one side at a time, back to back

Decline bench situps

Standing barbell bicep curls

Note: experimenting with volume on these to see how I respond

35 x 20
    35 x 20
    35 x 20
    35 x 20

GF helped me with kettlebell form after the workout. I want to start incorporating some KB work for cardio, etc. Mainly swings. Need to watch my back (by keeping proper form) though but it felt fine today.

30. Dude that's so awesome you workout with your lady and vice versa. I wish I had that going on. I've been out of town on vacation since Thursday so all I did was drink and go to sea world. Back to the grind today and I'm getting serious damnit!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 09:01 PM
  2. Replies: 130
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 10:16 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
  4. And that's when the fight started.....
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  5. Non scheduled drugs through the mail
    By PLer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 02:30 AM