RECOMPetition: Gutter and Houston Fight Through the Pain - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

RECOMPetition: Gutter and Houston Fight Through the Pain

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks man, it sucks. Was getting into a good groove. I rarely ever get sick in the summer too.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Still have a sore throat and feel off, definitely going to do a workout tonight though. It'll do me some good to get out of the house. I've been working from home the past two days. Going to walk there again and do my fullbody routine, will make sure to really hydrate today and take lots of theraflu first lol.. Walking there in the rain Monday was probably what got me sick to begin with, but today is an amazing sunny day.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've been out of town since Friday so I haven't lifted or logged anything. I'll get a workout in tonight or tomorrow and get some updates going soon. I got your PM also Gutter so I'll look at that soon.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I was out of action last week due to being sick, sore throat n feeling pretty awful. I also broke it off with a girl I was seeing and got back with my ex of 3/4 years, so that's been keeping me busy too... I've only been doing some PT stuff and hot yoga to keep my back/shoulders healthy.

I'm all ready to go again, running some new supps until the fall, when I might try out 1-test cyp for a 3-4 month (strong) lean bulk. 1-test cyp is basically almost as strong as tren but without all the sides. Want to see what all the noise is about...but we'll see.

Planning on running a super clean / basic diet now, with carbs only existing peri-workout. I'll post it up this weekend.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Hope things are going well with the renewed love life bud. Kind of out with the old and in with the older lol.

I've hit the weights and cardio a few times this week, but have been neglecting the log. I have family in town and I'm still working like crazy. I'll try to post more next week. My neck has been killing me that last 2 days and it's giving me headaches off and on. I must have slept in a weird position for too long.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Thanks man and yes that's a good way to put it haha... It's going to take a lot of work this time around that's for sure.

Try rolling a lacrosse ball around parts of your neck while laying down so you're supported. Happens to me to. Hope you've been enjoying the family time.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Just a quick note. The following will be started as of tomorrow:

Ipamorelin - 100mcg morning / pwo / night
    CJC 1295 MOD GRF (1-29) - 100mcg morning / pwo / night
    (dosing will still be 3x day on off days, some sort of active recovery will still be in effect on off days, good time to do the pwo dose)

Ostabol - 20mg ED in morning for 8 weeks
    Dermacrine - 3 pumps in morning for unknown time

IM L-carnitine will start in a week or two. LCLT will be used until then

Diet and training plan will be posted up tomorrow.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Here's my new workout routine and a few updates.

I'd taken a 2 week break from weight training due to being sick and fairly busy, but at the same time - I've become a bit more advanced in my hot yoga practice, which has helped my back and shoulders out immensely. I've been going almost everyday, doing more advanced flow classes, and have absolutely NO back pain anymore. That pain which existed in the lower left side of my ribcage seems to be gone now, and absolutely no pain in my T-spine, lumbar region or scapular area. As a plus, these classes are very challenging cardiovascular wise.... Just what I've been needing to help lose more weight and increase my endurance.

Here's the new routine I've got planned out and will try as much as possible to adhere to. I'm basically doing a fullbody routine EOD, with a 2 day break before restarting. On my workout days, I am doing a hot yoga class after weight training. On my off days, I am doing a morning and evening hot yoga class, as active recovery and cardio, and physical therapy for my back/shoulders. The new flow class has been great for my shoulders as it includes a repeated series inbetween almost every pose, which really works on shoulder & scapular stability as well as core.

Monday:
    Evening Fullbody Routine
    Hot Yoga class afterwards

Tuesday:
    Morning Hot Yoga class
    Evening Hot Yoga class

Wednesday:

Evening Fullbody Routine
    Hot Yoga class afterwards

Thursday:
    Morning Hot Yoga class
    Evening Hot Yoga class

Friday:
    Fullbody Routine sometime during the day, possibly at lunch during work, to free up my evenings, or in morning before work

Saturday:
    Hot Yoga class

Sunday:
    2 Hot Yoga classes, likely a flow class followed by a restorative class

With the rate I'm going with rehabing my injuries, I should be back to benching and OH work again really soon. I'm still squatting and doing deads without pain, which is great. Will be nice to have full access back with barbell work. I really want to start incorporating more olympic lifts into my routine soon.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I really need to get into the yoga stuff. I want to rearrange my garage and put a TV out there so I can use videos for yoga.

Last night I drank my creatine and bcaa pre-workout and got on the elliptical for about 10min. After I got off I was stretching and became tired/sick. I ended up calling it quits shortly after and went to bed early. I'll try it again tonight. I guess I'm just running on E from working so much and staying up late to hang out with everyone longer than I should which leads to less sleep.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I started my Ipamorelin/CJC shots, but strange thing is that I'm not experiencing the 'headrush' after the shot that I used to get in the past. Perhaps this isn't experienced as much with IPA as it is with GHRP-6 or 2. I only have 5 weeks worth, so maybe I will try another brand next time to compare.

I missed my morning yoga class today..I had to wake up at 530am to get there. I haven't gotten up that early in years, so these morning classes are going to take some motivating to make it to. I'm hitting the gym after work today then will go to a flow class after I have a shake, go home, and walk the dog. I'll have to have a light meal after the class tonight in order to fit in my macros. Been trying to avoid eating late at night though. Drinking BCAAs (Xtend) during workout and yoga class, also taking MST Cordygen VO2 Ultra

Might start B-12 shots soon, but waiting until I've got my new diet sorted, for when I'll need the energy. I'm still eating plenty of carbs, but strangely staying fairly lean. I guess since I got below a certain BF%, my body is utilizing carbs much better now.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Also, just wanted to mention... I'm on my 2nd day of 20mg Ostabol, my first time trying it out - and I swear I'm getting pumps just sitting around/walking around. I don't think it's just in my head either. Feels similar to when I'm on a PH/PS. I guess I didn't expect it to kick in so quickly, but it could also be in combination with the 3 pumps of dermacrine. I should also mention that I am taking about 200mg Mast weekly, to lower my SHBG and free everything up.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I'm getting pumps too man. It's a good feeling. I got in a workout finally last night so here's the breakdown.

Tuesday 7/29/14

10min elliptical warmup / stretching

3 sets of pushups

2 sets of rope pushdowns

2 sets of overhead rope extensions

3 sets of rope curls

3 sets of dumbell curls

I mixed in 2 sets of planks & 2 sets of side extensions (idk if that's the right name) into the workout as well.

pushups didn't really feel good so I abandoned them and moved on to an arm focused workout.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    pushups didn't really feel good so I abandoned them and moved on to an arm focused workout.
    What's happening when you try to do pushups? Are you getting shoulder pain?
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Tuesday July 28

Did a double session today, gym and then hot yoga class (flow) which was pretty brutal. This is a great combo, but I think I'm going to have to modify my plan I had set out. There's no way I can do 2 flow classes on my off days. Doing it back to back with a gym session was brutal enough, I need time to recover. Going to just do 1 daily flow class. Right after my gym session and then 1 on my off day.

Foam roll 10min

Hyperextensions

10 @BW
    10 BW + 10#
    10 BW + 35#

Machine flies

120 x 6
    120 x 6
    150 x 7
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 8

Reverse flies / rear delt machine

30 x 10
    45 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10

D1/D2 shoulders
    2 sets each high n low

Seated low row

70 x 10
    90 x 10
    110 x 10
    110 x 10

Standing barbell curls

50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

Traveled over to my hot yoga studio for a 1 hr flow class (power vinyasa). Was pretty fast/tough/intense. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I never thought yoga could be so taxing on the lower body and upper body. The isometric work in the lower body is pretty amazing. It completely humbled me when I first started.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    What's happening when you try to do pushups? Are you getting shoulder pain?
    Ya pain in the front of my shoulder
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Whenever I get pain in my shoulders, I start doing my diagonals again. The D1/D2 movements. Always works like a charm. I should be doing these more often
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I need to start incorporating those into my routine
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Did your physical therapist ever have you doing them after surgery? Is it something you just stopped doing after a while?
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Sunday August 3

Warmup: rowing machine on 10 (top setting). 500m race against my gf. She beat me by 7 seconds. I got 1:57. She couldn't believe I wasn't winded after that though.. I guess I could've pushed it more then. Looks like my cardio capacity / endurance is getting up there! She trains crossfit as well, and the only cardio/endurance I get is my hot yoga flow classes. She does the Civilian Military Combine races as well and came first in the women's elite class at her last race. She's definitely a good person to train with haha.. Trains so differently than I'm used to though. A lot of kettlebell training / drills, etc.

Foam roll for 5 min

Hyperextensions

10 x BW
    10 x BW + 25#
    10 x BW + 35#

Machine Flies

110 x 12
    110 x 12
    150 x 7
    160 x 10
    160 x 10
    160 x 10

Note: I dropped the weight by 5 pounds and did fewer sets this session. My last session earlier this week left me sore for too long, I wouldn't be able to go EOD with previous volume.

Reverse Flies (rear delt machine)

30 x 12
    45 x 12
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10

Incline Bench Shrugs (for mid traps)

45 x 10
    45 x 10
    45 x 10
    45 x 10

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on slight incline bench

D1/D2 shoulders

3 sets high and low, each side, one side at a time, back to back

Decline bench situps

Standing barbell bicep curls

Note: experimenting with volume on these to see how I respond

35 x 20
    35 x 20
    35 x 20
    35 x 20

GF helped me with kettlebell form after the workout. I want to start incorporating some KB work for cardio, etc. Mainly swings. Need to watch my back (by keeping proper form) though but it felt fine today.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Dude that's so awesome you workout with your lady and vice versa. I wish I had that going on. I've been out of town on vacation since Thursday so all I did was drink and go to sea world. Back to the grind today and I'm getting serious damnit!!
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Yeah it's definitely great, although I'm used to training on my own! This slowed me down a bit, but hopefully it can start to benefit me. I've rarely trained with a partner. Have you tried to get your wife involved? Where it comes to me and dating, it's one of the main traits I look for in a woman, we need to both be active together and involved in the same activities since I'm so busy... otherwise it's tough to get much time in! It deepends the relationship as well when you share things you're passionate about.

I forgot to mention I was sick again for 3-4 days last week, end of the week. What's with these summer colds, and so often? They've been going around a lot this summer.

I need to tweak my diet, I've gained a few pounds back and haven't been focusing on it too much :\ Today I'll go do groceries and get the plan back in action.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Tuesday August 5

Hyperextensions

10 BW + 25#
    10 BW + 25#

Seated low row

60 x 10
    70 x 10
    90 x 10
    110 x 10
    110 x 10

Machine flies

110 x 12
    110 x 12
    150 x 7
    160 x 10
    160 x 10
    160 x 10

D1/D2 shoulders
    3 sets each high n low

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on incline bench

Standing barbell curls

35 x 20
    35 x 20
    35 x 15

Finished workout and 15min later started a 1 hour hot yoga flow class which completely kicked my ass. Pretty advanced & fast stuff. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through these classes lol.. especially after a workout, since these classes are a workout in their own right and super challenging. Oh well, no pain no gain, and these classes have definitely been helping my flexibility and back issues not to mention they've been an immense cardiovascular booster since they are done in a ~100 degree room with humidity.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I'm going to start incorporating some of these with bands:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...-only-ab-5327/

Also, just wanted to note that I've had to up my AI since starting osta/dermacrine. Libido is sky high atm, thankfully I have a gf.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Stopped the Osta a few days ago b/c I was having trouble focusing with my eyes, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the cause now. I ended up getting sick this week and have a pretty bad sinus infection that has me feeling like crap, weak, stopped up, etc. I tried to workout Tuesday and Wednesday, but didn't really accomplish too much. Last night all hell broke loose and so I went to the doc today and got meds, etc. I'll probably take it somewhat easy this week as my body recovers. It always seems like every time I try to push something else says not so fast... I'm sure I'll get past it, but it sure is annoying lately.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I hear you man. I got sick twice in the past month! Frustrating... the 2nd time I got sick, I kept working out though and it was ok... I think for me it was due to stress at work and not getting much sleep because of some crazy deadlines, plus some bugs going around.

So far I've seen no sides from Osta. It's fairly weak for what I'm used to Just using it to bridge for a couple months though. The Dermacrine definitely has my E2 up though, I've had to double my regular TRT AI dose @ only 3 pumps of derma.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Thursday August 7

Foam roll 10min

Front squat (been neglecting squats a bit due to all the yoga I've been doing, which in turn is allowing me to squat again)

Bar x 10
    Bar x 10
    65 x 10
    95 x 10
    135 x 5 (wrists hurt, could've done more reps)
    135 x 5 (wrists..)

Back squat (deep)

185 x 5
    205 x 5

Didn't have my squat shoes or belt. Note to self: don't squat deep in flimsy shoes. Feels like I might've pulled something in my right leg today. Otherwise back felt fine during lifts and today. Rolling my legs all day, brought lacrosse ball to office. Kinda knew I'd be in pain after not having squatted in ages.

RDL's

95 x 10
    115 x 10
    115 x 10

Machine flies

110 x 12
    110 x 12
    150 x 8
    160 x 10
    160 x 10
    160 x 10

35 x 10
    45 x 12
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on flat bench

Standing barbell curls

55 x 12
    55 x 12
    55 x 12
    55 x 10
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

$hit, I just realized that's the first time I've squatted over 200 pounds since last summer without back pain, and it was with no belt or shoes even. Hrmmmm.. definitely going to keep at the squats now. I think I'll keep up the 3 fullbody sessions (minus legs because of all the midweek hot yoga) and then add in squats & RDL's on my last training day of each week.

So essentially I'll be hitting chest/back/arms 3 days a week with volume, isometric/stability work on legs (and upper body) with all the hot yoga, and then I'll nail legs once a week with a mix of volume and sets of 5, with a 2 day break after before repeating. TBH I miss the 5's and even heavy singles. I want to get my squat back to at least 300 by Christmas this year.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Monday, August 11

Warmup: walked just over a mile to gym at decent pace

Foam roll 10min

Hyperextensions

10 BW + 25#
    10 BW + 25#

Machine flies

115 x 12
    115 x 12
    155 x 7
    165 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 10

Reverse grip flat bench press

95 x 13 for luck

30 x 12
    45 x 10
    65 x 10
    65 x 10
    65 x 10
    75 x 10

Note: Dropped weight down a bit to focus more on the contraction. Trying not to use tri's at all during the movement, focusing on mid traps and rear delts.

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on incline bench

D1/D2 shoulders

2 sets each high n low

note: felt tightness in my left delt

Standing barbell curls

55 x 10
    55 x 10
    55 x 10
    55 x 10

Seated low row

70 x 12
    70 x 12
    90 x 10
    110 x 10
    110 x 10
    110 x 12

Decline BW situps

Walked home just over a mile as cool down
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Today is an off day, which means a single brutal 1 hour class of hot yoga (flow) this evening and lots of rumble rolling / stretching + core work from home with my bands and abmat (from Rogue). I don't like to sit still on my off days.

Tomorrow I'm aiming for a morning hot yoga session (flow) with a very advanced teacher - my first time trying it in the morning, an evening hot yoga session (flow again) with another really advanced teacher - (might cancel evening class depending on how much sleep I get tonight and how I feel tomorrow), and then a fullbody workout about an hour after that - once I'm rehydrated and carbed up again.... just to see where my endurance is at, and I like a challenge. Also going to give me a good opportunity to really test out my limits as well as MST's Cordygen VO2 Ultra which I've been using off and on for a while now.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

There's no way I'm making that morning class after tonight's... My traps are on fire.. I keep forgetting how brutal/advanced these new classes are. I'm staying up tonight to eat a pound of curry chicken and a liter of 1% milk... Then grabbing the magnesium oil... Ouch
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Took day off to ice my right hip and eat/recover. That pain I had noticed last week in my leg that was causing limping now has a source. Alternating ice/warmth and rolling a lacrosse ball lightly on it.

I probably shouldn't be doing these hot power/flow classes on top of training, but they're pretty addictive due to how hard they are as well as how good they are for my back/shoulders/hips and cardio capacity. I like getting pushed. They have slower classes though, but I'm really trying to up my endurance and push the recomp / burn fat.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Wednesday, August 13

Warmup 10min on elliptical

Leg Press:
    90 x 20
    135 x 20
    165 x 15
    165 x 15
    195 x 15

Seated Cable Rows:
    60 x 20
    75 x 20
    90 x 16

Lat Pulldowns:
    75 x 20
    90 x 20
    105 x 12

Seated Machine Fly:
    30 x 15
    35 x 12
    40 x 10

Plank:
    2 sets of 30 sec holds

Ab Stretch and Hold (idk wtf this is called):

2 sets of 20 seconds each side

Stretching
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Good volume! Make sure to stretch and roll that back. I'd try to get some scapular work / rear delt + trap work in there too. Reverse flies and YTW's are great for supporting the upper back and shoulders, I rate them as the best exercises for anyone who has shoulder issues (along with the D1/D2's).
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I'll be switching some exercises in and out and running a 3x a week routine so I'll try adding those in man. Thanks. Hope that hip stops bothering you so much.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Thanks man. I need to figure out how to plan my 3x week routine better, I'm hitting my traps/upper back too much/often it feels like, mainly due to the classes I'm doing too.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Name:  Hip-muscle-pain.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  166.2 KB

So this is where the most tender area of pain is, and it's really bothering me right now. I can't squat or practice yoga till this is gone =\

I can't tell if it's the top head of my IT band, or the Tensor Fascia Latae, or maybe ligaments around them.
    @Sean1332 - any recommendations? Thoughts on what I might've done, or any stretching/band work etc I could try?
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Going to check this out tonight and see if it helps:

http://www.athletico.com/2012/06/05/...and-solutions/

The main source of pain is higher up my leg just 2-3 inches below my hip, but if I roll a lacrosse ball down my IT band, there's some nastiness going on all the way to my knee. Might be IT band syndrome.
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Biting the bullet and going to see my sports therapist today to get some A.R.T. done and to get some time in with their TENS unit. I need to get rid of this pain and tension in my IT band quickly. I've never had this problem before, first time ever.

With that being said, I just got my IM l-carnitine in, and am really looking forward to starting it.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Good luck man. Keep me posted and let me know how the ART goes.
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Thanks, just got back. It definitely is my IT band. They used stim/heat and then helped me stretch before breaking out the Gravston technique/tools... Gravston is super painful. Got a few more sessions before he thinks it'll be better, likely a couple more weeks, but I can start squatting in a week's time, just gotta keep it light, around 135, and hang out / stretch at the bottom.

My diet is currently still on hold while I eat myself to recovery. I haven't been sleeping much the past two weeks because of work so my body hasn't been recovering as well, so I'm upping my cal's by about 800 per day until things level out with work and my IT band & such over the next week.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 07:01 PM
  2. Replies: 130
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 08:16 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
  4. And that's when the fight started.....
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 07:16 AM
  5. Non scheduled drugs through the mail
    By PLer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 12:30 AM