MAN up and smolov squat with Quads

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Sorry for the no updates guys, my cold has gotten worse and I could not workout, instead I rested all I could. I will be re-doing this week in smolov next week.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Quads_of_Stee View Post
    Sorry for the no updates guys, my cold has gotten worse and I could not workout, instead I rested all I could. I will be re-doing this week in smolov next week.
    Rest up, buttercup. Listen to your body and rest whenever applicable. You'll do more harm than good if you work out in your current state.
    BOARD TYRANT
    •   

3. So after taking the last 4 days off going back was a bit rough. At first everything felt heavy but as the workout went on it kept getting better and better. I used a full scoop of gameday today to get me in the zone and it worked fantastically. Gave me the energy I needed as well as the focus and drive to get back into the workout.

Workout: Squats Chest Tris
    225x4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4

Pause Press 205x5,5,5,5,5
    Reverse Grip Bench 155x8,8,8,8
    High Cable Flies 32.5x10,10,10
    Low Cable Flies 27.5x10,10,10

Dips bodyweight x 15,12,10,10
    CGBP 155x8,8,8

4. Today I felt amazing. Took all of my pre's and my mind was in the right zone. When I did shoulders I felt amazing and felt the mind muscle connection a lot more today. Maybe it was just that i've had enough rest and am now getting back into it but tomorrow I will be squatting 230 for 7sets of 5, gotta be pumped for that!

Workout:Shoulders , Traps
    Seated BB OHP 135x5,5,5,5,5
    Seated Side Raises 20x12,12,12
    Cable Front Raises 17.5x10,10,10

Snatch Grip Shrugs w/ 3sec hold 135x10,10,10,10

5. Let my legs rest today to get ready for tomorrow's squats. Saturday I have the spartan race in which I am competing so I will try to get my squats in but I am not absolutely certain, although I should get the squats in on sunday if I don't tomorrow.

Workout: Chest Tris
    Pause Press 225x5,5,5,5,5

Dips bodyweight x 15,12,10,10
    Tricep Overhead Extensions 30x12,12,12

6. The spartan race was a lot of fun. It was a 3mile (horizontal distance) obstacle course race which was a lot harder than I thought. I did not prepare for this race simply because I didn't think there would be so much running as a lot of people said it should a mile of running, but it was more around 2. There were many hurdles and high walls that you had to do pull ups to cross over, rope pulls, sprints, trots, and just a myriad of obstacles that I found fun. We ran up and down the buccaneers stadium (raymond james stadium) from top to bottom about 6times, 2 of which were with 25lb sand bags on our shoulders. There was a water trough hill type of obstacle that I jumped into but the terrain under the water was uneven and I ended up badly injuring my ankle / foot. At first I thought it was broken but I can still walk on it a bit so I am pretty sure it's not broken. Over-all it was a fun experience minus the bat sunstroke and ankle sprain. I will be resting up as per the smolov instructions to max out on thursday / friday as I have just completed the smolov jr!

7. Congrats on the completion of the course. That sucks that you got injured though
    ====== Slightly sensitive, Fully man =======

8. Hey guys, sorry for the low updates but I went to a doctor and my foot is fractured. I've been taking OT and Fish Oils and they have helped immensely. Unfortunately I can not put too much pressure on my foot other than limping. I have been able to do upper body workouts but nothing lower. My foot is being a bit better and I can walk without a limp but it is still swollen and my toes are still purple. I will upload my workouts from the past three days. I have also finished my tub of leucine and pure pf3 and will put final reviews along with gameday.

Workout: Chest Tris
    Pause Press 235x5,5,5,5,5

CGBP 135x10,10,10

Workout:Shoulders , Traps
    Seated BB OHP 135x5,5,5,5,5
    Seated Side Raises 20x12,12,12
    Cable Front Raises 17.5x10,10,10

Snatch Grip Shrugs w/ 3sec hold 135x10,10,10,10
    Tricep Overhead Extensions 30x12,12,12

Workout: Back and Bi's
    Wide-Grip lat pulldown 125x10,10,10
    Row Grip Pulldown 115x10,10,10
    Low Row 180x10,10,10

BB Curls 75x10,10,10
    Hammer Curls 30x10,10,10,10

9. Dude, was that fracture from the Spartan run? When did you feel something was off?
    BOARD TYRANT

10. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Dude, was that fracture from the Spartan run? When did you feel something was off?
    Yeah it was from the race. There was an obstacle in which you jump into a water hole and it went from a vary shallow depth (ankle) to a high depth (neck) and I was not expecting it at all. When I jumped in the mud was uneven on the bottom and I felt my ankle roll and my foot was acting weird. I couldn't put pressure on it that day either. All in all the spartan race was a fun event but it was my fault because I did not take the proper caution before jumping. I'll have the final reviews up tomorrow though along with my measurements and my thighs have increased 2 / 3inches from these 7weeks and I've loved how pure pf3/gameday felt
    •   

11. It still bums me out that I can't squat, I just stared at the squat racks while doing back today. Time for the reviews!

Pure PF3: 8/10
    I used pure pf3 alongside a scoop of protein every time and this made it easier to drink.
    Flavor: 7/10 *Unflavored*
    I got the unflavored version of pf3 with the intentions of mixing in with protein or other drinks. I tried to drink it plain but it was a sweet flavor that I did not like. However, once mixed with something I did not even notice it. If the fruit punch flavor is anything like the gameday fruit punch then it would be a 10/10.

Affect:9/10
    While drinking pure pf3 and maintaining the same diet I reduced my bodyfat, as judged by the mirror, and got my strength up. I noticed that it helped me a lot with recovery as I could workout more and be less sore. So the reduced DOMS and the increased muscle made this product worth it for me. One thing that I did not like is it caused me some GI issues, but nothing too major just an extra trip to the bathroom once a day.

Value 9/10
    Pure pf3 can be found on sale for around $35 along with a fermented leucine and this makes it pretty economical for something look to not spend too much.

Overall 8.5/10

Gameday
    I love gameday. It provides a smooth energy that lasts all workout long with no crash. I get mediocre pumps with it alone but add in some agmatine sulfate and the pumps are pretty crazy. The profile is solid and it is low caffeine content, which I preferred. I let one of my friends use half a scoop to try it and he got hooked as well.

Taste:
    Fruit Punch 9:10
    This fruit punch does not taste like chemicals nor does it leave a nasty after taste like some do. It mixes really well after a couple of shakes and there is no sediment at the bottom and it does not froth up. The flavor tastes amazing when chilled, almost like a cold cup of coo-laid

Tigers Blood 8/10
    Tigers Blood is like fruit punch mixed with pina collada which is nice

Affect 9/10
    As mentioned I got a good clean energy from this product and there was no crash involved at the end of the workout. There is a low-moderate amount of caffeine in this product meaning that you can take later on in the day as well. My focus and pumps were increased every time I took gameday and can not fully compare it to any other pre on the market.

Value 10/10
    The typical price for gameday is around $35/60servings which is around .50/serving. It can be found on sale for around 25/30 per tub and they will be doing a big sale if enough people sign up for their newsletter, so if you interested in trying it out for cheap then sign up! Half a serving is all you need to get you up, and a full serving will fire you up like no other!

Overall 9/10

Fermented Leucine
    Leucine is the most anabolic amino acid. I always mixed ascoop of pure pf3 with a scoop of leucine added to either my post workout or my protein shake. It comes in a 50serving bottle and should be used alongside pure pf3 in my opinion.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Piston Honda MANs up with Nolvadren XT and Prometheus Rising
    By Piston Honda in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM
  2. Airborne42 cuts it up and Leans out with AI & PES!
    By Airborne42 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 470
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 01:14 PM
  3. The Tuna Shake: Man up and drink it!!!
    By easymac in forum Bulking
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 04:27 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 06:31 PM
  5. Man-UP for Matt and CNW!
    By Cuffs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 10:22 PM