Awards
  • Established
JAN 07

PWO: 5 G BCAA, 5 G creatine mono, 2 caps Uncut
Bike 6 min
PVC pipe roll IT band, adductor, thigh
Mash glutes
Agile 8, light stretching

Deadlift: 120x5, 150x5, 180x5, 215x3, 245x3, 275x6 (AMRAP), 290x1, 305x1, 320x1, 215x 3 sets x 4 reps
Walking lunge: 3 sets x 24 reps x 20 lb db's
Ab Wheel: 3x10
Standing calf raise: 3x20

Conditioning: stair climber, 20 min, level 2, 54 floors

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In. I still gotta try Uncut!

How long long have you been doing 5/3/1?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subb'd. You'll really enjoy 5/3/1 in a few months.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome my friend. My deads are responding nicely. I may have to reset my bench and squat though
Stick it out man, hang in there. As long as you used a true training max when you started you should be good for at least a few more months.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Subbed can't wait to see what u can do

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a big fan of uncut!

What are your current stats?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of uncut!

What are your current stats?
Welcome dude! Currently 5'8", 195 lbs, early 30's. The pic you see of me was from over the summer when I weighed 180 and was on DAA/Erase. Uncut is awesome. I like it on my lower body days!

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
JAN 09

PWO: 5 g BCAA, 5 g creatine mono, Hemavol, 100 mg caffeine tablet
Brisk 6 min walk
Simple 6... used rumble roller instead of foam roller
Mash the heck out upper body

OHP: 45x10, 55x5, 70x5, 80x5, 95x3, 110x3, 125x5 (AMRAP), 95x 3 sets x 6 reps
Lat Pulldown: 110x3x12
Incline DB press: 50x3x12
Pullaparts: small red band x 3 x20
Tricep pushdown: 80 x 3 x 15

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome dude! Currently 5'8", 195 lbs, early 30's. The pic you see of me was from over the summer when I weighed 180 and was on DAA/Erase. Uncut is awesome. I like it on my lower body days!
I like the bronchodilation that I notice from it, personally.

What are your current maxes man?

I can't see your AVI on the phone so I'll just assume your pretty lean in the pic lol.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks pretty good, man. Looks like your hips wanted to shoot up first, so I would just feel out where your optimal hip position is in order to keep it from doing that. That's minor and an easy fix. Lookin' solid!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't see your AVI on the phone so I'll just assume your pretty lean in the pic lol.
I actually thought his AVI was from a Hanes underwear pack for a second!

haha you're definetly lean man, that's awesome

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I like the bronchodilation that I notice from it, personally.

What are your current maxes man?

The only true 1RM I have is on deads: 335 no belt, no straps, double overhand
My squat has regressed for some bizarre reason. So I went with 85% of my theoretical 1RM and thus have a TM of 219
OHP 140x3
Bench have a TM of 229
Got to get these numbers up! Here's hoping 5/3/1 delivers

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty good, man. Looks like your hips wanted to shoot up first, so I would just feel out where your optimal hip position is in order to keep it from doing that. That's minor and an easy fix. Lookin' solid!
Yeah, hips definitely wanted to shoot up before anything, especially on single. I'm actually trying to implement Mark Rippetoe's technique on the DL. Got to play around with it a little more. Thanks bro!

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I actually thought his AVI was from a Hanes underwear pack for a second!

haha you're definetly lean man, that's awesome
That's awesome! Thanks for the compliment bro. That's definitely me, but 15 lbs lighter. Abs are blurry at the moment, but it's all good... trying to get more beastly now and move some real weight like you!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome! Thanks for the compliment bro. That's definitely me, but 15 lbs lighter. Abs are blurry at the moment, but it's all good... trying to get more beastly now and move some real weight like you!
Like sean? Dude, I hate to be the one to break this to you.....but he doesn't even lift.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope. Doesn't lift. Neither does Jimbo. Or me. We let Smoker do all the lifting for us.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
JAN 11

Microcycle 3, week 3

PWO: 5 g creatine mono, 2 caps uncut
bike 6 min, Agile 8, mash glutes

Squat: 45x5, 100x5, 120x5, 140x5, 165x5, 185x3, 210x3, 220x1, 230x1, 165x5x5
Stiff leg DL: 95x10, 115x10, 135x10

Doesn't look like much, but believe me, all those squats cooked me. Glad to have two plates back on the bar :)

http://youtu.be/Necw0nbgn5I
http://youtu.be/2WHdFk3sdNg

single and AMRAP
Thoughts on form? My walkout needs improvement for sure

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
JAN 11 Microcycle 3, week 3 PWO: 5 g creatine mono, 2 caps uncut bike 6 min, Agile 8, mash glutes Squat: 45x5, 100x5, 120x5, 140x5, 165x5, 185x3, 210x3, 220x1, 230x1, 165x5x5 Stiff leg DL: 95x10, 115x10, 135x10 Doesn't look like much, but believe me, all those squats cooked me. Glad to have two plates back on the bar :) http://youtu.be/Necw0nbgn5I http://youtu.be/2WHdFk3sdNg single and AMRAP Thoughts on form? My walkout needs improvement for sure
Looks good, man. Your walk out is fine. You stabilizing yourself needs some work. Easy fix-Just squeeze your glutes. I'll squeeze my glutes as I screw my feet in. You got some sway going on. Anyways, your squat: Good depth dude. Does that forward lean bug your knees at all?

napalm

napalm

Awards
all in all pretty good, knees actually travel past your toes at the bottom. i think as your stiff leg gets stronger this may get better. something to keep an eye on.

good work...

edit: what sean said, squeeze your glutes too.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Looks good, man. Your walk out is fine. You stabilizing yourself needs some work. Easy fix-Just squeeze your glutes. I'll squeeze my glutes as I screw my feet in. You got some sway going on. Anyways, your squat: Good depth dude. Does that forward lean bug your knees at all?
Knees feel fine on the forward lean. I do see what you're saying though. Looks like I will have to sit back a little more and squeeze glutes. Squeezing them just standing here already makes my whole bod feel more stable. Good tip bro. Thanks!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Knees feel fine on the forward lean. I do see what you're saying though. Looks like I will have to sit back a little more and squeeze glutes. Squeezing them just standing here already makes my whole bod feel more stable. Good tip bro. Thanks!
No prob. Sit back, knees out, spread floor. Honestly, you look fine though. Just gotta find what's optimal, ya know? If that's how you feel you're strongest, then so be it.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
all in all pretty good, knees actually travel past your toes at the bottom. i think as your stiff leg gets stronger this may get better. something to keep an eye on.

good work...

edit: what sean said, squeeze your glutes too.
You are so right, my friend. I neglected the stiff leg for awhile and I could see some mechanical anomalies develop in the DL and squat. I am reintroducing it into my training and keeping it light.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
No prob. Sit back, knees out, spread floor. Honestly, you look fine though. Just gotta find what's optimal, ya know? If that's how you feel you're strongest, then so be it.
Do you think if I sit back more I will lose some depth?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not if you can keep your hips open...
Boom!

That's where creating torque by screwing your feet in and spreading the floor, focusing on that external rotation, and allowing your hamstrings to load comes into play.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Hips open, knees out. These are all really good pointers and are making sense to me.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The biggest one should be the external rotation. The rest should follow.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I hear you fellas. It was only 16 pieces. It actually did hit the spot though. I was satisfied, not full.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
JAN 12
PWO: Creatine mono, beta alanine, 100 mg caffeine, BCAA, Hemavol
simple 6, mash upper

Bench: 45x10, 105x5, 125x5, 150x5, 170x5, 195x3, 220x2 (AMRAP), 225X1, 230X1, 170X5X5
Pullup: 3 setsx4
DB row: 55x3x12
Pullapart series

http://youtu.be/lI-mSRZyhd8
single...Thoughts?
I think I may have mashed the left side more thoroughly than the right since it appears my left side is more fluid and locks out better

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clean rep dude. Once you get some more leg drive I garuntee that'll go up even faster

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leg drive = screwing my feet into the floor harder/glute squeeze?
Not screwing like creating torque for a squat. Acquiring leg drive for the bench press is a pain in the ass and everyone is different and you honestly have to find it on your own lol.

At around 1:00 he demonstrates leg drive. You don't have to get a huge powerlifter arch or anything crazy. Just acquiring some tension in your legs and squeezing some glutes will go a long ways.
http://youtu.be/TLfo-VJGOK4

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
JAN 14

Deadlift: 135x5, 165x5, 200x5, 230x5, 260x3, 290x4, 230x3x3
SSB Good Morning: 65x2x10, 85x10, 95x2x10
Assisted GHR: 5x5
Barbell Shrug: 135x3x20
Leg Raise abs: 3x10

Stair Climber: Fat burn, level 2, 20 min, 53 floors

Never done GHR, so I did it propped under a lat pulldown with a bench placed in front of me that I would land on with my hands, and then push myself up w momentum. Anybody have a better intro level way to perform GHR?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Without having actual access to a GHR? That'll work. You can also push off the floor instead of bench to increase the ROM.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Good job

I have no idea on ghr I would be interested in it as well

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Without having actual access to a GHR? That'll work. You can also push off the floor instead of bench to increase the ROM.
We have a GHR. I just don't have the confidence or proper ability to do it efficiently at the moment. I tweaked my left ham several months ago too, hence the conservative approach to my GHR setup.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have a GHR. I just don't have the confidence or proper ability to do it efficiently at the moment. I tweaked my left ham several months ago too, hence the conservative approach to my GHR setup.
Ah I got ya. I would imagine using the GHR instead of the lat pulldown pads would feel better. You can always sink your knees down a little more to make it easier. Do you have bands? When I first started them, I looped a band around my chest and attatched it behind me so as I extended, it became easier.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I haven't done BB shrugs in forever. I noticed while doing them, my left shoulder was lower than my right shoulder. It was also further in front of my body than the right... I wonder what the issue is. Anybody?