Throneof Log

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    JAN 11 Microcycle 3, week 3 PWO: 5 g creatine mono, 2 caps uncut bike 6 min, Agile 8, mash glutes Squat: 45x5, 100x5, 120x5, 140x5, 165x5, 185x3, 210x3, 220x1, 230x1, 165x5x5 Stiff leg DL: 95x10, 115x10, 135x10 Doesn't look like much, but believe me, all those squats cooked me. Glad to have two plates back on the bar http://youtu.be/Necw0nbgn5I http://youtu.be/2WHdFk3sdNg single and AMRAP Thoughts on form? My walkout needs improvement for sure
    Looks good, man. Your walk out is fine. You stabilizing yourself needs some work. Easy fix-Just squeeze your glutes. I'll squeeze my glutes as I screw my feet in. You got some sway going on. Anyways, your squat: Good depth dude. Does that forward lean bug your knees at all?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. all in all pretty good, knees actually travel past your toes at the bottom. i think as your stiff leg gets stronger this may get better. something to keep an eye on.

good work...

edit: what sean said, squeeze your glutes too.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Looks good, man. Your walk out is fine. You stabilizing yourself needs some work. Easy fix-Just squeeze your glutes. I'll squeeze my glutes as I screw my feet in. You got some sway going on. Anyways, your squat: Good depth dude. Does that forward lean bug your knees at all?
    Knees feel fine on the forward lean. I do see what you're saying though. Looks like I will have to sit back a little more and squeeze glutes. Squeezing them just standing here already makes my whole bod feel more stable. Good tip bro. Thanks!

4. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    Knees feel fine on the forward lean. I do see what you're saying though. Looks like I will have to sit back a little more and squeeze glutes. Squeezing them just standing here already makes my whole bod feel more stable. Good tip bro. Thanks!
    No prob. Sit back, knees out, spread floor. Honestly, you look fine though. Just gotta find what's optimal, ya know? If that's how you feel you're strongest, then so be it.
    [email protected]

5. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    all in all pretty good, knees actually travel past your toes at the bottom. i think as your stiff leg gets stronger this may get better. something to keep an eye on.

good work...

edit: what sean said, squeeze your glutes too.
    You are so right, my friend. I neglected the stiff leg for awhile and I could see some mechanical anomalies develop in the DL and squat. I am reintroducing it into my training and keeping it light.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    No prob. Sit back, knees out, spread floor. Honestly, you look fine though. Just gotta find what's optimal, ya know? If that's how you feel you're strongest, then so be it.
    Do you think if I sit back more I will lose some depth?

7. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    Do you think if I sit back more I will lose some depth?
    not if you can keep your hips open...

8. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    not if you can keep your hips open...
    Boom!

That's where creating torque by screwing your feet in and spreading the floor, focusing on that external rotation, and allowing your hamstrings to load comes into play.
    [email protected]

9. Knees forward fault
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [email protected]

10. Hips open, knees out. These are all really good pointers and are making sense to me.

11. The biggest one should be the external rotation. The rest should follow.
    [email protected]

12. Name:  image-271649223.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  478.9 KB

Post workout rainbow rolls

13. nice, i could eat twice that and not even blink...

14. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    nice, i could eat twice that and not even blink...
    Fact.

3x that even.

15. I hear you fellas. It was only 16 pieces. It actually did hit the spot though. I was satisfied, not full.

16. JAN 12
    PWO: Creatine mono, beta alanine, 100 mg caffeine, BCAA, Hemavol
    simple 6, mash upper

Bench: 45x10, 105x5, 125x5, 150x5, 170x5, 195x3, 220x2 (AMRAP), 225X1, 230X1, 170X5X5
    Pullup: 3 setsx4
    DB row: 55x3x12
    Pullapart series

http://youtu.be/lI-mSRZyhd8
    single...Thoughts?
    I think I may have mashed the left side more thoroughly than the right since it appears my left side is more fluid and locks out better

17. Clean rep dude. Once you get some more leg drive I garuntee that'll go up even faster
    [email protected]

18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Clean rep dude. Once you get some more leg drive I garuntee that'll go up even faster
    Leg drive = screwing my feet into the floor harder/glute squeeze?

19. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    Leg drive = screwing my feet into the floor harder/glute squeeze?
    Not screwing like creating torque for a squat. Acquiring leg drive for the bench press is a pain in the ass and everyone is different and you honestly have to find it on your own lol.

At around 1:00 he demonstrates leg drive. You don't have to get a huge powerlifter arch or anything crazy. Just acquiring some tension in your legs and squeezing some glutes will go a long ways.
    http://youtu.be/TLfo-VJGOK4
    [email protected]

20. JAN 14

Deadlift: 135x5, 165x5, 200x5, 230x5, 260x3, 290x4, 230x3x3
    SSB Good Morning: 65x2x10, 85x10, 95x2x10
    Assisted GHR: 5x5
    Barbell Shrug: 135x3x20
    Leg Raise abs: 3x10

Stair Climber: Fat burn, level 2, 20 min, 53 floors

Never done GHR, so I did it propped under a lat pulldown with a bench placed in front of me that I would land on with my hands, and then push myself up w momentum. Anybody have a better intro level way to perform GHR?

21. Without having actual access to a GHR? That'll work. You can also push off the floor instead of bench to increase the ROM.
    [email protected]

22. Good job

I have no idea on ghr I would be interested in it as well

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Without having actual access to a GHR? That'll work. You can also push off the floor instead of bench to increase the ROM.
    We have a GHR. I just don't have the confidence or proper ability to do it efficiently at the moment. I tweaked my left ham several months ago too, hence the conservative approach to my GHR setup.

24. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    We have a GHR. I just don't have the confidence or proper ability to do it efficiently at the moment. I tweaked my left ham several months ago too, hence the conservative approach to my GHR setup.
    Ah I got ya. I would imagine using the GHR instead of the lat pulldown pads would feel better. You can always sink your knees down a little more to make it easier. Do you have bands? When I first started them, I looped a band around my chest and attatched it behind me so as I extended, it became easier.
    [email protected]

25. I haven't done BB shrugs in forever. I noticed while doing them, my left shoulder was lower than my right shoulder. It was also further in front of my body than the right... I wonder what the issue is. Anybody?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 04:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format
    By Matthew D in forum Training Forum