Squats on Squats on Squats. Journey to 500lbs!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so I know it was mentioned in another thread, but I know several AM members along with myself are on the journey to hit the landmark weight of 500lbs on squats. I'll leave this log open and friendly so if anyone else has any other goals they are aiming at or have a similar track as myself you can feel free to throw up occasional updates on how close you are to your own goals. :)

So it has been a little while since I have last logged, so an update in what I am currently doing, etc is in order:

Feel free to skip to the Goals section if you don't like reading (TLDR...).

Bodyweight: 160lbs-165lbs
-Been eating a ton and was seeing the weight go up (weighted 163lbs in competition at the beginning of November), but got hit with the flu a couple weeks back that took a huge toll on my ability to eat. My training workload is also quite high currently and I seem to continue to get stronger, while my waist (~28" currently :eek:) and bodyweight seem to mysteriously vanish. :lol:

-Meet PRs:
Squat (Belt + Knee Sleeves): 430lbs
Bench: 235lbs :(
Deadlift (Belt): 455lbs

Training:

-I have been employing the Reactive Training Systems template for 8 months currently and don't see myself changing anytime soon. I increased my meet total by 115lbs in 6 months and it continues to climb in the gym. Currently working with the man Michael Tuchscherer himself.
-Once I log several weeks it will be easy to tell the typical weekly flow of my lifts, but in general I squat 3x a week, bench 4x, and deadlift 2x. Hit GPP/Prehab/Back/Conditioning 1-2x per week on "off" days depending on current levels of recovery (measured by TRAC). I plan to elaborate on TRAC if anyone wants. Autoregulating all my work, allowing TRAC to let me know how I am recovering, and not having to worry about programming my own workouts has benefited me 1000000000x over.
-This isn't the most ideal time to start a log as I am ~5 weeks away from maxing out again to determine my current levels. I am currently in a specialization block (not typical Block Programming, just the way I like to think about the training segments) for 4 weeks before this. This marks week 10 since of training since my last meet.

Diet:

-As mentioned above I had the flu during Christmas week (horrible timing) and while I only missed 2 days of lifting it has hampered my eating the last week as well.
-I don't currently weigh/measure/track calories very closely. I have done that before quite extensively so I can pretty much say how my current intake levels are (I'd put myself roughly at at least 3200cals daily, ~400g CHO, 200g PRO, 90g FAT). If it is a high volume session or high stress week I just eat larger portions of my carb sources, etc. Also, I listen to how my body seems to be reacting. Still hungry after eating what I normally eat? I just eat more, etc etc etc
-In general my layout falls like this (unless work changes):
1)Wake up, hit the gym within 60 minutes of waking up (fasted training). Drink 25-50g CHO + 2 scoops AminoIV while I lift.
2) Eat large post workout meal as soon as I get home from lifting. Typically high carb, high protein, high fat.
3) Eat again midday. This is my smallest meal of the day as I am usually busy so sometimes it is a liquid meal or whatever I can cook up quick. High protein, moderate carb, high fat.
4) Eat after work and before bed. Large meal, high protein, high carb, moderate fat.
-On another note I don't have any current intolerances so I don't usually avoid dairy, gluten, etc. Nothing is off limits.

Supplementation:
-Only because I know someone will ask.
-Staples: Vit. D3, Gut Health, Fish Oil, Cissus, Joint Force (only if anything flares up)
-Fun Stuff Currently:

• Pre-workout: ArA, Micro GMS, TMG, EVOL (Switching to Katana as soon as it is available), LCLT, Forskolin-95
  • During: AminoIV + CHO
  • Throughout the day: Forskolin-95
  • Pre-bed: Abyss UP
  • I really want to add the new ABE if it can arrive soon or I'll just through that in once I hit the next training cycle.
-Random note just in case, but I haven't and don't plan on using anything hormonal any time soon. Not that anyone would think that with my 75kg self. :p

Goals:
-Again, I plan to keep this log up until I can hit 500lbs on squats (and hopefully deadlifts). This is a pretty lofty goal, but should be attainable. I am making awesome progress lately, but you never know what life will throw at me.
-Some side goals are to hit a 1250+ total at 165lbs, compete in a large meet (my only two competitions have been pretty small). I am also in the process of transitioning to a new business, changing gyms (power rack in the garage for the next couple months most likely), and having a ton of other life changes attacking me all at once. It is amazingly exciting and scary all at once. This log should help keep me centered in my training.
-I honestly just want to give back to the AM community. There are tons of strong, jacked, smart, and helpful people on this site that have provided tons of information over the years. I just hope my different approach to what many do on here can help get people to think about things, possibly learn something, and maybe somehow even inspire someone.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Week 10 Day 1- January 6:​

Took the whole weekend off (usually do GPP/Weak Point/Etc on Saturdays) other than some mobility work. Felt really ready to go today and can't even tell I even did anything to tweak my glute last week. Altered my mobility and warm up a bit today and it seemed to open me up a little more than usual.

Squat w/Belt Work up to x3 @9 (Load Drop) 4-6% Fatigue
Pin Press Bench(Chest Level) Work up to x5 @9 (Load Drop) 4-6% Fatigue
Close Grip Floor Press Work up to x5 @8 (Repeats)

Bodyweight (in clothes plus oly shoes): 164lbs.

Squats w/Belt:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 10, 225lbs x 5, 295lbs x 3, 335lbs x 2, 375lbs x 1
405lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
380lbs x 3 @8
380lbs x 3 @8
380lbs x 3 @8.5

These felt great. The weight doesn't even feel that heavy on my back. I did feel my knee "swim" a bit on the final set and that plus the fact I got distracted and took a little longer rest than I wanted is why I ended squats before reaching @9.

Pin Press Bench (chest level):
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5 x 2, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5
175lbs x 5 @7
200lbs x 5 @9
Load Drop
190lbs x 5 @9

These felt solid, but disappointed in the volume. Just seemed to die out on each 5th rep. My thoracic mobility must be improving because I felt weird with such a small arch (hole spacing is awkward and I have to do very little arch to keep the pins at my chest since the next hole up is not chest level even with an epic arch).

Close Grip Floor Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5 @8
185lbs x 5 @9

My usual floor press rack was taken up so I had to rig up another rack. The lowest rack position is too high for me to lay down and unrack the bar. Therefore I had to pull a bunch of cut up stall mat over to lay on. It was weird and made the press feel a bit more awkward (and effected the amount of weight moved), but I didn't really have much choice. BLAH.

Despite the struggles on pressing and low volume I was happy with how this session went. I feel I am recovering well and still moving in a positive direction despite the detour with being sick only a couple weeks back. :)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First! How long have you been working directly with Mike T? Do you plan on wrapping knees to aid in your quest to 500?

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
In ~ this is gonna be good!!!!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First! How long have you been working directly with Mike T? Do you plan on wrapping knees to aid in your quest to 500?
Eh probably about 6 months? I jumped on with him pretty quick after deciding to run with RTS.

No knee wraps in competition for me in the plans, but I do use knee wraps for some overload on some squat assistance. I'd like to hit 500 without them.

In ~ this is gonna be good!!!!
Thanks for joining. :)

Update later today. Just got home from the gym and trying to pound a big meal before off to work again. Going to be a long day...

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What happens if you get all massive (like 175) :p and hit your 500 squat? Acceptable?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday's squats since that is the focus of this log:
[video=youtube;uFZc8pKfd0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFZc8pKfd0c[/video]

Week 10 Day 2- January 7:

Training:
Day 2:

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x3 @9. Load Drop. 4-6%
Bench Touch and Go Work up to x7 @10. Load Drop. 4-6%
Front Squat Work up to x5 @8. Repeats. 4-6%

Deadlift w/Belt:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 295lbs x 4, 345lbs x 2, 385lbs x 1
415lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
390lbs x 3 @8.5
380lbs x 3 @8
380lbs x 3 @9

BLAH. My deadlift feels like death. These didn't feel "hard", but form just isn't what I'd like. Seems like every time I do these my leverages and positions are different. Today had trouble locking the back in and had more rounding than I wanted. TRAC said I was recovering well and needed more volume so I added a second drop in hopes to iron out my form, but it was still a little ehhh.

Bench Touch and Go:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 10, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 4, 205lbs x 2
205lbs x 7 @9.5
Load Drop
195lbs x 7 @8.5
195lbs x 7 @9
195lbs x 7 @9.5

This went better than anticipated. Should have tried 210 instead of 205. If I had more time today I'd have rested a bit more and maybe attempted a fourth load drop set.

Front Squats:
Warm Up: 135lbs x 10, 185lbs x 5,
225lbs x 5 @8
225lbs x 5 @8
225lbs x 5 @8.5

I didn't rest very long at all on these, but still ran out of time. My legs felt like lead today though.

I was happy with today's workout even though it may seem I was mad about each lift. Trying to just stick to the processes and focus on the work as opposed to where I want to be. Bench form seems to be improving and something seems to be clicking there so I am happy with that even if my deadlift seems to be all over the place.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit some mobility, prehab, rowing, core, and conditioning work today. Quick and simple workout, but too lazy to transfer it from my journal to the computer. :p

I usually rotate 2 week segments of focus and am currently mainly working on shoulder health with the prehab during these GPP sessions.

On a side note I was ravenous after work yesterday and I ate a ton so my caloric intake was probably a little higher yesterday than usual. Hopefully that hunger stays up so it can be easier to get more calories in.

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
Yesterday's squats since that is the focus of this log:
[video=youtube;uFZc8pKfd0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFZc8pKfd0c[/video]

Week 10 Day 2- January 7:

Training:
Day 2:

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x3 @9. Load Drop. 4-6%
Bench Touch and Go Work up to x7 @10. Load Drop. 4-6%
Front Squat Work up to x5 @8. Repeats. 4-6%

Deadlift w/Belt:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 295lbs x 4, 345lbs x 2, 385lbs x 1
415lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
390lbs x 3 @8.5
380lbs x 3 @8
380lbs x 3 @9

BLAH. My deadlift feels like death. These didn't feel "hard", but form just isn't what I'd like. Seems like every time I do these my leverages and positions are different. Today had trouble locking the back in and had more rounding than I wanted. TRAC said I was recovering well and needed more volume so I added a second drop in hopes to iron out my form, but it was still a little ehhh.

Bench Touch and Go:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 10, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 4, 205lbs x 2
205lbs x 7 @9.5
Load Drop
195lbs x 7 @8.5
195lbs x 7 @9
195lbs x 7 @9.5

This went better than anticipated. Should have tried 210 instead of 205. If I had more time today I'd have rested a bit more and maybe attempted a fourth load drop set.

Front Squats:
Warm Up: 135lbs x 10, 185lbs x 5,
225lbs x 5 @8
225lbs x 5 @8
225lbs x 5 @8.5

I didn't rest very long at all on these, but still ran out of time. My legs felt like lead today though.

I was happy with today's workout even though it may seem I was mad about each lift. Trying to just stick to the processes and focus on the work as opposed to where I want to be. Bench form seems to be improving and something seems to be clicking there so I am happy with that even if my deadlift seems to be all over the place.
Nice front squats!!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice front squats!!
Meh. Compared to my back squats they are so light and definitely not grooved as well. I am going to continue to use them because they obviously outline some weaknesses I have.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! Good to see another bolt log. :thumbsup:

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
Meh. Compared to my back squats they are so light and definitely not grooved as well. I am going to continue to use them because they obviously outline some weaknesses I have.
Absolutely! Name of the game.. Bringing up weaknesses!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! Good to see another bolt log. :thumbsup:
Good to have Breezy in here. :D

Absolutely! Name of the game.. Bringing up weaknesses!
Exactly!

Week 10 Day 3- January 9:​

At work last night I could feel something was off with my left hip. Found some super tender spots in the psoas and tfl. Worked on them last night and then again before my lift today. Hip was a little annoying, but shouldn't be too much of a problem once I work some of these trigger points out.

Training:
Day 3:

Competition Bench Press Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop. 4-6%
2ct Pause Squat Work up to x5 @9 Load Drop. 4-6%
Push Press x 5 @8 Repeats

Competition Bench (Paused):
Warm Up- 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 5, 115lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 175lbs x 5, 205lbs x 2
225lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
215lbs x 3 @8
215lbs x 3 @8
215lbs x 3 @8.5
205lbs x 3 @8.5
205lbs x 3 @9

Everything felt light. I was gonna just shoot for 220lbs but felt good so went 5lbs over that. This was the best my competition bench has felt in awhile. TRAC said I needed more volume so I did two drops today to amass some solid volume here. Took some vids and saw a little bit of stuff to work on with form, but was really happy with how this went today.

2ct Pause Squat
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 275lbs x 3
305lbs x 5 @9
Load Drop
285lbs x 5 @8.5
285lbs x 5 @8.5
275lbs x 5 @7.5
275lbs x 5 @8
275lbs x 5 @9

Left hip was uncomfortable while warming up so I went pretty conservative here. After my top set I was then interrupted and had to help someone at the facility for a bit, which really through me off my focus. Took two drops here as well and the hip did seem to feel better with each set.

Push Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 95lbs x 8, 135lbs x 5
145lbs x 5 @8
145lbs x 5 @8
145lbs x 5 @8.5
145lbs x 5 @9

These felt solid as well today.

My appetite has been up the last couple days and I have been eating more than usual. That may have contributed to the extra volume today, on top of bigger load drops being recommended by TRAC.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Week 10 Day 4- January 10:​

TRAC again called for increased volume, so some of the drops were a bit bigger. I rolled out some mean stuff in my quads last night and today before my lift. Psoas and TFL weren't tender at all with my SMR and I didn't notice any issues with the hip today. Hopefully it was just a one time thing yesterday, but will hammer all those areas with some more foam rolling today and this weekend.

2ct Pause Deadlift Work up to x5 @9 Load Drop. 4-6%
Towel Press Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop. 4-6%
Snatch SLDL x5 @8 Repeats

Warm Up- 135lbs x 10, 225lbs x 5, 275lbs x 3, 295lbs x 2
315lbs x 5 @9
Load Drop
295lbs x 5 @8.5
295lbs x 5 @9

Been awhile since doing these. Pauses were a little eh since I wanted to film these so I had to look at a stopwatch rather than use my metronome app (can't film and use the app simultaneously). These are the ultimate lift for me...they seem to hammer my form the best and absolutely crush everything. After these my whole upper back, forearms, glutes, and hamstrings were toast.

Towel Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 10, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 5, 215lbs x 2
235lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
220lbs x 3 @9

For those unfamiliar...I just roll a towel up and put it under the shirt. It is like a soft 1-board, but you can't let it rest on the towel or it will just keep sinking to your chest. I had trouble keeping the back tight and gripping the bar (those deadlifts torched me...). Still the weight didn't feel heavy in my hands, which is always a good sign moving forward.

Snatch SLDL:
Warm Up: 135lbs x 8, 185lbs x 8, 225lbs x 3
275lbs x 5 @8
275lbs x 5 @8
275lbs x 5 @8
275lbs x 5 @8
275lbs x 5 @8.5
275lbs x 5 @9

Felt really good on these and took a pretty short rest between each. Blew through this and was happy (but crushed) by all that volume.

Vid of some of the lifts today:
[video=youtube;lCFqJY3VTqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCFqJY3VTqA[/video]

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn I was missing this! In!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Subbed brotha! STRONG stuff!

capo180

Awards
  • Established
subbed man. nice work on those pause deads. interesting training program. your squat is very impressive man, I'm sure you'll get to 500!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very cool. I'm in
Nice to have you all. :D

Couple random notes...nothing is better than waking up on a Saturday to your workouts for the next week. I get so excited to see them every week even though it is nothing crazy new. Will be high stress (aka high volume) so I have to mentally prepare for some long brutal workouts. :eek:

My DOMS are pretty intense right now. Pause Deads always leave me with the worst DOMS of anything I tend to do. With that said after inputting my data TRAC told me I am recovering well and need more volume still, but to do some restorative work for where I am sore. I wasn't planning on hitting the gym today, but I might squeeze in something quick to get the blood flow going.

Also trying to narrow down a competition sometime in April...got a couple in mind. Hopefully I'll decide soon.

Now it is off to work, maybe hit some lifting, then Lone Survivor, then football. Gonna be a good day. :)

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just read all posts. This training is very interesting. My buddy sent me his template and I didn't get it. I'm starting to see how it works(except the recovery gauge). This is very cool stuff Bolt, and a 500lb squat will look nice on you man :D haha

Awesome awesome stuff

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't get around to any lifting this weekend (other than just some foam rolling and stretching, but I always do that daily). Was beyond busy working Saturday and Sunday and using the rest of my time to catch up with friends.

Week 11 Day 1- January 13:​

Spent extra time rolling and mobilizing today as I was nervous to see how my hip felt. The tenderness seems to have migrated down out of the hip into the upper part of my quad and some dedicated work there seemed to have me good to go. Good sign for now.

Squat w/Belt Work up to x4 @9 Load Drop. 6-9%
2ct Pause Bench Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop. 6-9%
Close Grip 3-board Press Press Work up to x6 @8 Repeats

Squats w/Belt:
Warm Up- Bar x 10, 135lbs x 10, 225lbs x 5, 295lbs x 4, 345lbs x 3, 3
395lbs x 4 @9
First Load Drop
375lbs x 4 @8.5
Second Drop
360lbs x 4 @8
360lbs x 4 @8
360lbs x 4 @8
360lbs x 4 @9

Was surprised I didn't really feel much from the hip as far as pain. My quad was really tight and knotted up pretty high up near the hip, but it wasn't painful to squat (which I was delighted about). I still was cautious with it and my descents were a little slower than usual and I didn't pop out of the bottom as much as usual. Either way that was an easy 395lbs x 4 for a PR. Took two drops today to try and make it so I didn't do a million sets (9% drop seemed like a lot and I would have been there all day), but I still managed a ton of squatting.

2ct Pause Bench:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5 x 2, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 3, 205lbs x 1
210lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
190lbs x 3 @7
190lbs x 3 @8
190lbs x 3 @8
190lbs x 3 @9

Close Grip 3-board Press:
Warm Up: 135lbs x 10, 185lbs x 6
195lbs x 6 @8
195lbs x 6 @8
195lbs x 6 @8.5
195lbs x 6 @9

Whole bunch of BS at work today as well so I was pretty angry heading into this lift. Somehow that seemed to make me much more relaxed and calm during my squats and everything felt easy. :lol:

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Solid work! That's a very interesting program -

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some nice pulling and pushing volume there...!
Those Sntch grp SLDL's looked, almost as fun as the pause pulls.
Good stuff

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Awesome vids and form. Keep it up hope to be there one day myself.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid work! That's a very interesting program -
Some nice pulling and pushing volume there...!
Those Sntch grp SLDL's looked, almost as fun as the pause pulls.
Good stuff
Awesome vids and form. Keep it up hope to be there one day myself.
Glad you all stopped by. :D

This week is going to be brutal. The volume will be pretty high and I have been feeling really good lately. Its only a couple hours post squatting but my quads already are feeling it. :eek:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Week 11 Day 2- January 14:

Training:
Day 2:

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x4 @9. Load Drop. 6-9%
Bench Touch and Go Work up to x3 @9. Load Drop. 6-9%
2ct Pause Squat Work up to x6 @8 Repeats

Deadlift w/Belt:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 295lbs x 4, 365lbs x 2
405lbs x 4 @9
Load Drop
370lbs x 4 @8
370lbs x 4 @8.5
370lbs x 4 @9

Bench Touch and Go:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 10, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 5, 205lbs x 2
225lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
205lbs x 3 @8
205lbs x 3 @8
205lbs x 3 @9

2ct Pause Squat:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 3
275lbs x 6 @8
275lbs x 6 @8.5
265lbs x 6 @8.5
265lbs x 6 @9

Hip didn't seem to bother me at all today. Still brutal to foam roll the quads, but seems to be getting better and not affecting my lifting very much, if at all.

Feeling super stressed out with a bunch of work related crap and home issues, but somehow it isn't negatively impacting my workouts (and TRAC keeps saying I need more volume..if it says the same tomorrow I might punch my computer). My lifts are the highlight of my day when I get to them lately...hoping some of this crap will pass soon.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy **** dude! That is one serious workout. Incredible volume and overall efforts. It's gonna pay off man!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy **** dude! That is one serious workout. Incredible volume and overall efforts. It's gonna pay off man!
Thanks man. This high volume week is going to be brutal. My legs were fried from all those squats yesterday. My e1rm are all up for each lift, but my squat is blowing up again. Wrapping the knees for squats on thursday...may see if I can squat more in wraps than I can pull for deads. :D :eek:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I wasn't as sore this morning as I thought I'd be. TRAC did say to add more volume again, but my values were starting to trend up so I didn't punch the computer today.

Today's training was my typical Wednesday GPP/Prehab/Back/Core work. Still focusing on shoulder health (I believe next week will be rotating to spine/low back).

Spent 20 minutes rolling EVERYTHING out, with focus on my left hip/quads. It didn't feel like death to roll on anything and I didn't feel any of the dull ache that it had been giving off lately. Shoulder did seem a little fussy today though, but it always is off and on and nothing is even uncomfortable so no big deal for me there.

Hit up some deadstop DB rows, facepulls, deadbugs, and barbell rollouts for my back and core work today.

Conditioning seems to be lacking lately (only been hitting it once a week as opposed to twice due to how busy and hectic things have been the last month or so). I decided to pull a Dan John today and went with a series of carries and pushes all while wearing a weight vest:

Double Kettlebell Front Rack Walk- 70yds
30s Rest
Sand Bag over one shoulder and kettlebell in other hand for 35yds, switch sides walk back
30s Rest
Prowler Run 35 yds
30s Rest
Prowler Run 35 yds (returned to start)
Rest 1 minute repeat whole circuit (got through it two more times).

Everything was a little light, so next time I'll probably go heavier, but shorter distance. It still sucked and I need to getting my conditioning back to where it was in November should be solid. Not really "deconditioned" and it doesn't seem to be causing any issues to my training AND I am still probably too lean, but whatever.

I really really just wanted to lift Thursday's workout today, but maybe I'll be able to not go crazy until tomorrow morning. Now it is off to go haggle some prices for some used 45lbs plates, buy a suit (blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh), and work a bunch as usual.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you don't mind, what exactly is TRAC? Question 2, is it RTS friendly only?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you don't mind, what exactly is TRAC? Question 2, is it RTS friendly only?
Most up to date TRAC: https://store.reactivetrainingsystems.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=84

TRAC FAQ: http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?110-TRAC-FAQ

I may post up what my actual read out looks like, it is kind of cool to look at the 30-day overview too. :)

I forget that all these RTS terms aren't common knowledge so if I seem to be speaking gibberish just ask. :lol:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Week 11 Day 3- January 16:​

Training:
Day 3:

Competition Bench Press Work up to x4 @9 Load Drop. 6-9%
Squat w/Belt and Wraps Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop. 6-9%
Military Press x 6 @8 Repeats

TRAC still says more volume. :eek:

Competition Bench (Paused):
Warm Up- 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 5, 115lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 175lbs x 4, 195lbs x 3
220lbs x 4 @9
Load Drop
205lbs x 4 @8
205lbs x 4 @8.5
205lbs x 4 @9

Shoulder was feeling cranky, but as I warmed up everything seemed to be clicking. Bar felt light and form felt solid. Very happy with how this went.

Squat w/Belt and Wraps
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 295lbs x 5, added wraps 345lbs x 3, 385lbs x 2
415lbs x 2 @8.5
Load Drop
385lbs x 3 @8
385lbs x 3 @8
385lbs x 3 @9

Ehhhh. Couldn't seem to find the groove with the wraps today. Watching the vids it seems I may just need to man up because they all looked much easier than they felt. I don't necessarily like the wraps, but again it does seem to continue to help me acclimate myself to more on my back (that should be the most I've loaded on my back other than 430lbs in competition).

I am probably the only guy on AM who would rather squat without wraps... :p

Here is a vid of a set at 385lbs where I wrapped them a bit different and it seemed to go well (ignore how high I hiked my shorts up and idk what my head was doing lol):
[video=youtube;uDAC5P0CPRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDAC5P0CPRg[/video]

Military Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 4
105lbs x 6 @8
105lbs x 6 @8.5
105lbs x 6 @9.5

Last one was a grinder, but I felt pretty confident I may have had another in me. Still weak on these, but was pleased that I seemed to be able to grind out some reps (usually on overhead movements I just stall out).

Was a little disappointed in the squats (I was hoping for more, but it just wasn't there today), but happy bench feels solid and no hip pain today. :)

napalm

napalm

Awards
yeah bro, longer shorts :biglaugh:

nice squats, hips shot up a little on the last, but you caught it. depth was good. you're wasting a little energy with the long pause betwn reps.

lock it out, reset..go...

good work...

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Squats looked good man...last rep was a smidgen of a grind :p

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah bro, longer shorts :biglaugh:

nice squats, hips shot up a little on the last, but you caught it. depth was good. you're wasting a little energy with the long pause betwn reps.

lock it out, reset..go...

good work...
Got it. Ya its because I hate the wraps and I have to think to myself more with them on, but I'll keep that in mind. :)

The hips shooting up is what creeps up as my fatigue sets in. That is usually my limiting factor, but it has gotten much better over the last six months.

Squats looked good man...last rep was a smidgen of a grind :p
:lol:

So I seemed to have developed the worlds most annoying trigger point in my triceps...this thing hurts. It has happened here once before and I know how to remedy it, but it has to be one of the most painful things to massage out. :eek:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Week 11 Day 4- January 17:​

Deadlift + Chains Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop. 6-9%
Towel Press Work up to x4 @9 Load Drop. 6-9%
Pendlay Row x6 @8 Repeats

Deadlift + Chains:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 225lbs + 40lbs Chain x 3, 225lbs + 80lbs Chain x 3, 275lbs x 3, 315lbs x 2, 345lbs x 1
365lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
335lbs x 3 @8
335lbs x 3 @8
335lbs x 3 @9

I really focused on getting tight and locking the lats down today. These went much better than deadlifting has been going lately. The working sets were a little more hit or miss on overall body tension, but was a step in the right direction.

Towel Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 95lbs x 10, 135lbs x 8, 175lbs x 4, 205lbs x 2
230lbs x 4 @9
Load Drop
210lbs x 4 @7
210lbs x 4 @8
210lbs x 4 @8
210lbs x 4 @8.5
210lbs x 4 @9

I am really liking how my bench work seems to be going lately. I seem to have found a solid groove and feel confidant with the weights.

Pendlay Row:
Warm Up: 95lbs x 10, 115lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5
155lbs x 6 @8
155lbs x 6 @8
155lbs x 6 @8.5
155lbs x 6 @8.5
155lbs x 6 @9

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mmm chain!

Towel press as in reduced ROM from a towel?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mmm chain!

Towel press as in reduced ROM from a towel?
Ya I roll a towel up. It is kind of like a soft 1 board where I can't let it sink into the towel.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha let him have his fun you bum...!
Some of us can't get to #700 squats, using straight wt ;-)

BTW nice work bolter
Thanks! Chains do add to the coolness factor whenever used.

Fine, I guess I'll sub....
Good to have you man. :)

Today's training was just like Wednesday's session (GPP/Prehab/Back/Core).

Had a little under an hour to get this in (crazy busy day again lol) so I didn't do much foam rolling, but I felt good and didn't seem to need it anways.

Hit up some deadstop DB rows, facepulls, deadbugs, and barbell rollouts for my back and core work again.

Similar conditioning to last time, just further and a some slight changes (heavier).

Again wearing a weight vest:
Double Kettlebell Front Rack Walk- 100yds
30s Rest
Sand Bag over one shoulder and kettlebell in other hand for 50yds, switch sides walk back
30s Rest
Small Tire Flip 10 times (no idea on weight but it isn't very big I could flip this thing a ton lol)
30s Rest
Rest 1 minute repeat whole circuit (got through it two more times).

I was pretty torched by the end.

I was up until the middle of the night at a social gathering for one of my best friend's birthday and had to be in at work this morning so I was dragging during the lift. I have a lot to do today as well so almost made the excuse not to go, but my TRAC score was still great (lol I don't think I can get much more volume right now..) and I thought of the "strength doesn't care" phrase and manned the hell up and hit this stuff.

Now it is off for some more business the next couple days...can't wait to squat on Monday. :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looked over this week's training this morning.

Doubles on all the competition lifts. Should be interesting. On a side note Sunday is the only day I usually take fully off during the week and I always hate looking at my training and then having to wait until Monday to get after it. :p

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wasn't home from 8-10 yesterday but got a workout in. Will post updates for it and today's lift soon. Quick note I hit 420lbs on competition squat for 2, but it wasn't the smoothest (will explain later lol). Felt light on my back though so I was pumped.