the napalm detroit barbell experience...

Page 32 of 38 First ... 3031323334 ... Last

1. You're good for those openers all day and then some. Time to make it happen!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    ok, so i was wrong, it's woodhaven high school.

just got done packing detroit barbell into a moving van and taking it to the site

i'm opening w 325/240/385, squat and bench might be a little aggressive of an opener. if they feel good, it might work out.

weighed in at 197 after stuffing my face all day

<---eating pizza/wings and going to bed...
    Good luck!!!! You got this easy man. Kill it 3/3.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

3. 3/3, last was 365

I left 30 lbs on the bar...

4. Vids later

5. 30 pounds left on the bar! And exceeded your goal. Nice skqatting.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   

6. I paid $8 for wifi on the airplane so I could check your thread. Thanks for making my $8 worth it!

Good job, Napalm!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

7. Great work man!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I paid $8 for wifi on the airplane so I could check your thread. Thanks for making my $8 worth it!

Good job, Napalm!
    It's totally worth it anyway.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

9. 1/3 I suck

Missed 270 twice.

Got some work to do now...

10. 2/3, missed my opener cause I'm a idiot, but got 405 and 425

<-----gassed

11. Hey man, congrats on the squat coming back up, that sucks on the bench(what was going on?), and stinks you had an error on deads, but you finished strong. Good work buddy!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

12. ok, vids then comments. my openers were nothing special so we won't bother with those - except my opener dl sucked, but i'm gonna forget that ever happened.

last squat, 365. i easily left 30 on the bar. good test for the achilles. looking at this again, it looks like an opener.

13. last bench, 270. i really thought i had this in the bag, this makes me sad. opened w 240 and i almost threw it off my chest.

all i had to do was lock it out. left shoulder wasn't cooperating. i got yelled at by clay.

14. That squat was EASY man. Sorry about the bench/shoulder, stuff happens. Come back after it even harder and better next time.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

15. Way late but I'll catch up later

16. last deadlift, 425. missed my stupid opener because i totally jumped tony's down command.

it was at this point i was pissed. i've never missed 3 lifts in a row. my second was 405 and i almost tossed it over my head it was so fast. pay attention to shane behind me (he got >1500 raw in his first meet, just started at db). he knew i was pissed, was psyching my up, slapped me so hard on the back it felt like i was gonna fall on my face, wouldn't that have been precious.

17. That squat was money
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

18. Can't tell anything about the bench because the camera was set a GD mile away....

19. Freaking squat and dead looked like butter! Nice!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

20. thoughts,

man, i never had my head in the game today. i was confused all day. yesterday jj told me to take a couple warmups w knee wraps, but warmups didn't really turn out that way. there were 20 guys to a flight, and only our two monos in the warmup area. i took my opener (325) w no wraps and smoked it. when i came off, clay said he wants me to have a light wrap. i'm like, i've never had a wrap on and now my second is gonna be w one. tbh, i don't even remember the 340, but jj said it flew up. clay told me at least 365 for my third. i was like, i came into this as a tune up for the achilles, and wasn't planning on pushing it. i woulda been happy w 355. well, after looking at the film, today was the day i had 4 plates in me. the 365 looked like a warm up, and the judges told me so.

bench, the number in my head today going in was 265. opener flew off my chest and i think i made a tactical error here, that started yesterday. thursday, i had planned on opening w 235, but went w 240 when jj asked what it was gonna be yesterday. i got a little cocky i think, yeah, 5 lbs, but i think that 5 lbs cost me 15 today benching. if i woulda opened w 235, my second woulda been 260-265, and i.........would.......like.... ..to think i woulda got 260.

i would like to point out that after i missed my last two attempts, jj came up to me and (jokingly) said "don't embarrass my gym."

so what do i do?

deadlift, god i'm stupid. i was really running a little hot after missing 2 bench attempts in a row, RAN up to the bar, ripped it up and it was like sunday at the gym, i paid no attention to tony's down command and looked like an ass.

at this point, i just went off by myself for a few, came back and could have bit a nail in half i was so pissed. shane said he saw the look on my face and just grabbed me by the head, and said just do it. i stuck to the plan and took 405 for my second and it was perfect. here i wish i woulda took a minute and looked at some film, but i was still pretty pissed. stuck to the plan and went w 425 for the third, but i'm pretty sure i left at least 10 on the bar.

in the end, i easily left ~30 for my squat, and ~10 for the deadlift. w/o my tactical error on my bench, there's another ~10 lbs

what could have been...

21. Oh, and I got a circle:

Name:  image-4112926370.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  551.5 KB

22. Cant live in the ifs and couldas, man. Besides on the bench, ur foot came off which is a red in any feds. Thank your shoulder for sucking cus red lighting for dumb shít like a foot moving is infuriating.

Anyways nice job at the meet. Killed the squat and bench - really impressed. Now this is or isnt the meet to qualify for worlds?
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

23. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Cant live in the ifs and couldas, man. Besides on the bench, ur foot came off which is a red in any feds. Thank your shoulder for sucking cus red lighting for dumb shít like a foot moving is infuriating.

Anyways nice job at the meet. Killed the squat and deadlift - really impressed. Now this is or isnt the meet to qualify for worlds?
    fixed, txs buddy, the bench mistake was made yesterday...

i have another problem: i thought i could go to apf senior nationals, but tony (judge) said there's a qual total, and looking at last year, i don't have it. the problem is i'm going to the philippines, will come back and have one training week before apf masters nats may 31 in texas.

we shall see, but it looks like i'm going to texas again...

clay said this was a bad idea w only one week (i'll lose 10 lbs from the jungle), but it looks like i'm going to texas for masters nats anyway

24. Sounds like a good test and learning experience Napalm. Good job man.

25. fck me, 230, 250...ass...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The O-E-P Experience
    By MAxximal in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 08:47 PM
  2. The PP-TRS PCT experience
    By fueledpassion in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 04:50 PM
  3. The Nintendo Wii SPorts Experiment