the napalm detroit barbell experience...

Page 3 of 32 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Ugh, pendlay's and snatch grips = upper back annihilation.

    I'm hoping I don't have to poop this morning, I don't think I could reach around to wipe.

    Carry on...
    •   
       


  2. Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    Ugh, pendlay's and snatch grips = upper back annihilation.

    I'm hoping I don't have to poop this morning, I don't think I could reach around to wipe.

    Carry on...
    Better not drink any coffee..

  3. Makes you wish you had one if those French spray things...
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  4. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Makes you wish you had one if those French spray things...
    Man, if you've never used a bidet, you're missing out, for real (no homo). It's a shower dedicated to your ass. Pretty sweet deal.
    •   
       


  5. I just use flushable moist wipes. It's like a unicorn licking your butt clean. No way I'm going to use government ordered single ply after having a mystical creature wipe your ass.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  6. Yeah, I don't think I'd be comfortable (said in my wife's accent: comFORTable) w ANYTHING squirting in that general area...

  7. Squats

    Warmup
    Stretch, mash, roll

    Bar 5x10

    95x5x5

    135x5x5

    185x3x3

    That was it, then rolled and mashed some more.

    Thoughts (other than I feel like the new kid in gym class)

    Well, it's over, and I was nervous. Got through it w/o any issues other than I'm weak as fck. Kept the Achilles stretched before and after each set. Had no intention going any heavier, I'll prolly back off to sets of 135 for a couple weeks. It was a balmy 45 in db today.

    Oh yeah, used a buffalo bar for the first time...

  8. Thoughts on the buffalo bar?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  9. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    So many things I could teach you to say to break the ice... Pm me if you want help
  10. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I just use flushable moist wipes. It's like a unicorn licking your butt clean. No way I'm going to use government ordered single ply after having a mystical creature wipe your ass.
    Flushable moist wipes still clog pipes. " flush able"... Lol if you guys only knew

  11. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    So many things I could teach you to say to break the ice... Pm me if you want help
    I'm good, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Thoughts on the buffalo bar?
    Tbh, I only had 185 on it, didn't feel much different than a straight bar.

    I'm going to attempt to rebuild my squat from the ground up. Kept a narrowish stance and dropped pretty fast to get some bounce. Polar opposite of how I've always squatted. Don't foresee getting into the suit until I'm repping 315 again...
  12. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    So how often can you drive all these hours away to train napalm?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    So how often can you drive all these hours away to train napalm?
    It's 7 miles from my house, I'll be doing 4 days...
  14. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    It's 7 miles from my house, I'll be doing 4 days...
    Oh. I thougt it was hours away.. My b

  15. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Squats

    Warmup
    Stretch, mash, roll

    Bar 5x10

    95x5x5

    135x5x5

    185x3x3

    That was it, then rolled and mashed some more.

    Thoughts (other than I feel like the new kid in gym class)

    Well, it's over, and I was nervous. Got through it w/o any issues other than I'm weak as fck. Kept the Achilles stretched before and after each set. Had no intention going any heavier, I'll prolly back off to sets of 135 for a couple weeks. It was a balmy 45 in db today.

    Oh yeah, used a buffalo bar for the first time...
    Squats are the main thing bro. Gym looks badass, but no way I could get loose and train in 45 degrees

  16. Bitches, why was I not privy to this log's existence?
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Bitches, why was I not privy to this log's existence?
    Always late to the party.

    I posted a link in my worlds thread!

    Bonus: went into work today and there was an inch of water in our offices = day off!

    Plans are work on my hammy's and quads w the stick, then take apart the snowblower. It's gonna be 20 today so maybe I'll do it outside w shorts and no shirt...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Bonus: went into work today and there was an inch of water in our offices = day off!

    Plans are work on my hammy's and quads w the stick, then take apart the snowblower. It's gonna be 20 today so maybe I'll do it outside w shorts and no shirt...
    Dude, nice. Sadly no such luck in my part of the woods
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  19. Went from 6 to midnight seeing the Detroit BB facility. Place is awesome.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  20. Woo Hoo! Our offices still aren't dry so another day off!

    My whole fcking body is still sore, bench later today. Big clay will be there, hope I don't embarrass myself...

  21. They have a pipe burst?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    They have a pipe burst?
    Yeah, -14 to 30 back to -5 all in one day

    'Tis to be expected...

  23. Thats been my passed 3 days right there going from place to place repairing busted pipe I've only been a fitter 6 years now and I'm amazed what ice can do

  24. bench

    tbh, after warming up i just did what i was told, more on that later

    work
    185x2x3
    205x2x3
    225x3
    245x3 2 board
    265x2 2 board
    295x1 2 board

    assistance
    vbar pushdowns 60x5x10 SS w facepulls 60x5x10 - different machine, way less than what i was doing at the old gym

    thoughts:

    holy fck, that's all i can say after today. apparently i was training w 2 world champions today, tim hensly (sp?), benches 760 at 198 - i got a vid of him today 660x2 to a 1 board. the 148 lb filipino kid is apparently a fcking freak of nature: totals >1800 at 148. i got a vid of him pressing 445, the kid squats 800 and pulls 600. they squat sunday and i'm gonna go check them out and do some assistance work. my fcking god. there was another dude pressing 580 to a 1 board for 3. just incredible. the guys couldn't have been nicer, i was just trying to stay out of the way - for obv reasons they're picky who hands off and spots them.

    after i did the 225x3, the dude, i forget his name, just told me what to load. i was like...ok, and just did it. i told him i've never pressed to a board before and he said 'don't worry about it.' only a fool wouldn't listen to a >600 lb bencher. when the big boys were getting up there, everyone int he gym stopped what they were doing to watch. it was really cool.

    tried to get into the shirt today but couldn't, i'm going to cut about 3/8 inch off the sleeves. my wife knows a guy who is a tailor, he'll have the heavy duty thread and the machine to do it. i knew i was gonna have to get it altered. now for the funny part: as soon as i took my shirt out of my bag i literally got heckled by jj and a couple other guys. come to find out there's not a metal shirt in the gym: the filipino kid is sponsored by overkill shirts, and clay said there's about 4 guys sponsored by inzer.

    i think i got 20 lbs stronger just walking in that place.

    vids in a minute, i don't have any of me today. new guy doesn't ask people to vid him...

  25. Awesome man! What did you think of the 2-Board?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  26. mark, 445 @148


  27. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    bench

    tbh, after warming up i just did what i was told, more on that later

    work
    185x2x3
    205x2x3
    225x3
    245x3 2 board
    265x2 2 board
    295x1 2 board

    assistance
    vbar pushdowns 60x5x10 SS w facepulls 60x5x10 - different machine, way less than what i was doing at the old gym

    thoughts:

    holy fck, that's all i can say after today. apparently i was training w 2 world champions today, tim hensly (sp?), benches 760 at 198 - i got a vid of him today 660x2 to a 1 board. the 148 lb filipino kid is apparently a fcking freak of nature: totals >1800 at 148. i got a vid of him pressing 445, the kid squats 800 and pulls 600. they squat sunday and i'm gonna go check them out and do some assistance work. my fcking god. there was another dude pressing 580 to a 1 board for 3. just incredible. the guys couldn't have been nicer, i was just trying to stay out of the way - for obv reasons they're picky who hands off and spots them.

    after i did the 225x3, the dude, i forget his name, just told me what to load. i was like...ok, and just did it. i told him i've never pressed to a board before and he said 'don't worry about it.' only a fool wouldn't listen to a >600 lb bencher. when the big boys were getting up there, everyone int he gym stopped what they were doing to watch. it was really cool.

    tried to get into the shirt today but couldn't, i'm going to cut about 3/8 inch off the sleeves. my wife knows a guy who is a tailor, he'll have the heavy duty thread and the machine to do it. i knew i was gonna have to get it altered. now for the funny part: as soon as i took my shirt out of my bag i literally got heckled by jj and a couple other guys. come to find out there's not a metal shirt in the gym: the filipino kid is sponsored by overkill shirts, and clay said there's about 4 guys sponsored by inzer.

    i think i got 20 lbs stronger just walking in that place.

    vids in a minute, i don't have any of me today. new guy doesn't ask people to vid him...
    How awesome is that. So fūckin jealous.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  28. tim, 660x2 to a 1 board (bar is 50 lbs)

  29. Badass!!! So ****ing jealous of you
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The O-E-P Experience
    By MAxximal in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 08:47 PM
  2. The PP-TRS PCT experience
    By fueledpassion in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 04:50 PM
  3. The Nintendo Wii SPorts Experiment
    By Bionic in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Log in
Log in