Chedapalooza's 2014 training/supp log

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been a member of AM for 2.5 years and for those who know me, they know my diet, training, and supplementation efforts have come a long way. I want to use this unsponsored log as a tool for myself and anyone else to follow along as I put the knowledge and advice of others to work for my own BB efforts.

I feel as though I have learned a lot over the last 2.5 years and am ready to take the next step in strength and physique and really get things rolling. This is my hobby and passion, and I'm happy to share the journey with the AM community.

I am currently on a planned off week and will be returning the gym Monday 1/6.

I will not be tracking macros. It's a personal choice and I know that diet is THE most important aspect when it comes to physique manipulation/goals/BF% etc. I will make note of it from time to time in the log, but this is more for training and supps. I do keep track of my daily intake in my head. I make every effort to get at least bodyweight x gram of protein and know it has to be more for substantial growth. I also aim for 200-300g carbs most days (one-2 days max will be lower and never below 100g) and 40-80g fat (depending on total carbs for day---more carbs/=less fat)

current diet

Currently following high carb, high protein, moderate fat. I've tried everything from no carb to low carb to high fat (always high protein) and found for my body type that high carbs (low sugar) and moderate fat works best for me. I do IF, and I train fasted with aminos and pre workouts.

current training

As mentioned, I am currently off this week. My previous 3 months of training was 5/3/1 base with accessory work in the 8-12 rep range focusing on creating a V taper (wide back/shoulders/tiny waist). I lifted 5 days a week with mostly HIIT, some LISS and fair amount of prowler work for cardio 2-4 days a week as needed. I hit each muscle twice a week with exception of chest and legs (these grow the fastest and easiest for me).

My training for the first mont of this log will be a GVT Strength program. Rather than typical 10x10 in GVT, this program starts at 10x5 for main lifts. The progression is:
Week1: 10x5 of 10RM
Week 2: 10x4 +6-7%
So on 10x3 +3-4%
10x5 with your 10x4 weight
10x4 with your 10x3 weight
10x3 with a new, highest weight

I however will be cutting the program to 4 total weeks (due to recovery issues which I will not get into In this log) but I cannot train hard for more than 4-5 weeks without a deload or complete week off. I pushed myself very hard and struggled with anorexia at age 16-18 (I am now 25) my body cannot handle prolonged stress of weight training and cardio without a break.

So my program will be
10x5 of 10RM
10x4 +6-7%
10x3 +3-4%
10x10 for shock/variation
Off week

Assistance work will be kept to 1-3 sets of moderate reps and weight and will be used to keep balance In the physique and muscles/movements trained. I will always be pushing to add weight to assistance work.

I used the program at this time last year and saw great increase in strength in the 3-6 rep range, muscle became very full and dense, and body comp improved nicely, gaining 4 pounds and at least maintaining, if not losing slight bf%. I made a few changes from my run last year, so I'm excited to implement them and have even more success!

The full routine will be posted in another post

supplementation

I achieved great results with my first ever EC run and am sad that it is coming to an end. I am tapering down from 50mg E (not reducing my caffeine Intake) and will be entirely off EC as of Jan 13. I will take a 3 week break and then start YC stack which will be part of this log. In the meanwhile, my supplementation will be geared towards strength, recovery, lean mass, and maintaining/lowering bf% while coming off EC. I hope to not add any bf, but expect some increased water weight, perhaps to soften up a bit. It's ok, it's winter in CT. But I will not be slacking training or diet so. Rebound should be kept to minimum.

Full supplements will be listed in another post

I think that about sums up the Intro. Thanks for following! Happy New Year.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Full Training Routine for January

Monday
5 minute warmup+rotator cuff work

Barbell Overhead Press 10x5
Underhand Smith Press 3x3-5
DB Inc bench Neutral grip w/ DBs touching 2x3-5
Single arm incline db bench neutral grip 2x3-5
Floor Tricep Ext (skull crushers on floor) 10x5
Hyperextension 2-3x10-20
Leg press calf raises 3x20
Donkey Calf raises 3x20
HIIT as determined + possible prowler work
Abs: weight overhead side bends 1-2x10-12
Side hyperextensions1-2x10-12
cable twists 1-2x10-12

Tuesday
5 min warmup

Hammer Grip Chin-ups 10x5
1 arm db rows- 9,6,4
1 arm bent over lateral raises 2x8-10
Facepulls- 2x8-10
BB Shrugs 2x8-10
Superset with BTB BB shrugs 2x8-10
DB Shrugs 2x12-15
BB Curls 10x5
Hammer Curls/Pinwheel Curls 9,6,4
Forearm wrist curls with db's
No cardio
Abs: Rope cable crunches superset with leg raises 2x10-12 + pulse reps (drop set final set of cable crunches)

Wednesday *legs will use 5x5 instead of 10x5 bc they grow too fast In comparison to rest of body. Looking for strength gains only here*

5 min warmup + Light high rep Single leg curls to get blood flow to hams/knees

Deads 5x5 (pyramid)

Squats 5x5 (pyramid)

Leg curls 2x10-12
Superset with
Leg extension 2x10-12

Sumo DB Squats elevated on benches 3x5
Superset with
Straight leg deads 3x5

GH Raise 3x5

Lunges w DB's 3x5 each leg
Seated calf raises 3x15-20 heavy
Standing calf raises on hack squat machine (front squat position) 2-3x10-20 light
LISS Cardio incline walking 30 minutes No Abs

Thursday
5 min warmup

Incline BB Bench 5x5 (GVT progression)
BB upright rows 1-2 warmups, 9,6,4
1 arm db lateral raises 2x8-10 heavy
Standing db laterals 2x10-12 lighter
French Press 1-2 warmups, 9,6,4
OH DB/rope extension 2x8-10
Straight bar Pushdowns 2x8-10
HIIT as determined
Abs: hanging leg raise superset with decline crunches 2x10-15 triset with DB Goblet Weighted carries 2 trips of 60 yards
Bent over stick twists 2x20-25 each side

Friday
5min warmup

BB rows 10x5
Wide grip pull-ups 2x max reps
Wide grip lat pulls 9,6,4
DB pullovers 12,10,8
Straight arm lat pulls 9,6,4
Underhand grip lat pulls 9,6,4
Incline DB curls 12,10,8
Concentration Curls1-2 x 8-10 + drop set
BB Forearm work (reverse curls, wrist curls)
Hyperextensions
HIIT +/ prowler optional
No abs

Saturday
Bodyweight ab circuit upon rising / off

Sunday

Bodyweight abs if not done Saturday + option to do Mondays HIIT cardio session / off

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Full Supplementation List for January

Tapering EC (finish 1/12/14)

Goal is Lean Bulk+Strength Gains

Pre workout
White Flood Reborn
2 scoops Amino IV+1g taurine powder (taken separate from white flood)

Post Workout
1 scoop Recoverpro
1 scoop MAN PF3
2g Taurine Powder

Daily
Erase 3 caps spread out (weeks 5- 8 )
Powerfull 2 caps at bed
AS Forskolin95 50mg AM/Pre workout, 50mg with second dose of Thermo
Original Finaflex Pro XT Thermo- 1 cap am/1 afternoon
Priime 69 protocol
AS agmatine 1 cap 30 min prior to meals
Evomuse Defuse 4 caps 30 min prior to two large meals (IF protocol- I only eat 2-3 times daily)
MAN REM PM 1 cap at bed

Staples

SNS RK500 1 cap pre workout, 1 cap 30 min prior to meals
Anabolic Pump 1 cap pre workout, 1 cap 30 min prior to meals (off days I use pre workout dose prior to bed)
Magnesium Citrate 200mg at bed
2g Jarrow Fish oil daily
1500mg Vit C daily (3 doses of 500)
SNS ALCAR500 1 cap pre workout, 1 cap with meals
Epharm Joint Force as needed for shoulder and knee
D3 4000iu daily
Vitamin World Men's Sport Multi
Sam E 200mg daily
L tyrosine 500mg twice daily
PES Select Protein as needed
2g Taurine Powder with last meal of day
1 quest bar daily

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reserved for Starting pics and measurements

January 3, 2014

Height 5'7"

Weight 170.5 empty stomach

Arms (bicep peak): 12"unflexed, 14.5" flexed

Brachials peak: 11"unflexed, 12" flexed

Chest(around mid of pec) 40"unflexed, 42" flexed

Waist at hips: 33.5" at belly button 33"

Quads/hams: 24.5" unflexed, 25" flexed

Calves: 15" unflexed, 15.5" flexed

image-1670860902.jpg

image-1291186412.jpg

image-1204328478.jpg

image-4283945696.jpg

Will get better back pics for progress when I can have my gf take them but wanted to get these up before I get back in the gym tomorrow.

image-585741723.jpg

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First.... Always enjoy following your logs - so detailed.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Suppdate"

Really enjoying the defuse. Been using it since New Year's Eve. I found that even half a dose (2 caps) is beneficial for partial inhibition of fat gain pathways. Dsade confirmed this as well. Defuse is a very versatile product in terms of dosing and usage. Inside of bottle smells good too hah.

Off day from prime. Can't wait to get the 9 caps going Monday.

Currently at 37.5mg E, will be tapering down to 25mg on Monday and hold that for a week before cutting it to 12.5 for two days then completely off. Gonnna enjoy the last two days of my off week watching some football and havin some drinks w friends. Will dose defuse prior to drinking.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ya Cam always has a very methodical approach to his supps / workouts.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will be starting gut health today. And got my first tub of select protein snicker doodle.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will be starting gut health today. And got my first tub of select protein snicker doodle.
So my mini select protein review:

1) mixes super easy in water

2) tastes AMAZING, I can't wait to put it in Greek yogurt and make pancakes with it

3) I chugged all of the shake after tasting it (used 10 ounces) and did not get full or bloated like I do with other protein powders. Usually I get upper abdomen distention if I chug a protein shake... Simply isn't there right now and it's been about 10 minutes.

Glad I have another tub coming from the latest insider bc I'm gonna plow through this stuff.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very specific and wish you the best in the pursuit of your goals...I'm in!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very specific and wish you the best in the pursuit of your goals...I'm in!
Glad too see ya both

Doing a refeed today so I am nice and fueled up for tomorrow, my appetite has been kinda low since wed. Which was the middle of my off week so the craving for calories definitely dropped. I always train fasted so even off day nutrition is important so as to be ready for the next workout.

I've noticed with lowering my ephedrine dose, though, that I am hungrier throughout the day.. But once I start eating, I get full quickly. Tomorrow dropping to just 25mgE pre workout / am.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey movement- where/when did u play college ball? I was a wr at westconn 2010-2011

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you think of the taste?

- sorry the answer to that was not here when I opened the window 2 hours ago and got side tracked lol

..what did you pick up with the protein from the insider?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What you think of the taste?

- sorry the answer to that was not here when I opened the window 2 hours ago and got side tracked lol

..what did you pick up with the protein from the insider?
Lol no worries. Again, I loved the taste. I got anabeta elite and will most like use it next month in place of the anabeta and forskolin95 I have on hand.

I must say libido is quite elevated over the last 2-3 days. I started 100mg forskolin95 on New Year's Eve day. So 6 days in and is very high.. It was noticeably elevated on the 3rd day. Alongside powerfull and prime, I'm likin it.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently munching on flourless snicker doodle cake

image-3023111368.jpg

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey movement- where/when did u play college ball? I was a wr at westconn 2010-2011
Averett a small D3 school from 2008-2012, and awesome man did ya like it there?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed for what's no doubt going to be a great log
Welcome, sir
Averett a small D3 school from 2008-2012, and awesome man did ya like it there?
Nice, we were d3 as well. Just won our conference and bowl game this year. Very happy for those guys bc we weren't good when I played lol, they were freshmen.

Mix together
1.5 scoops select protein
1/3 cup stevia
1/3 cup oats
I put a little cinnamon, wheat bran, and unsweetened cocoa powder in as well
Also a couple pieces Banana I was munching on lol

Mix together
4 egg whites
Half cup Greek yogurt fat free plain

Combine wet and dry to make a thick batter

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Let cool for about 20 mins so it hardens up u can cut/shape into bars or whatever u want.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im dojng my best to figure out The weight I'm gonna use for the 10 sets of 5 tomorrow on overhead press and floor crushers. I'm thinking 160lbs for OHP and 70 lbs for crushers.

If they turn out to be too light by set 7ish I will up the weight. And adjust accordingly for the 10x4. Unfortunately it's tough to know where to start after doing 5/3/1 for a few months. Ten sets seems like madness for one exercise ha. But it will be a welcomed changed

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing like D3!!!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
took my amino iv+taurine at 3:15. waiting for the taurine to absorb a bit (about an hour) and the. Will take white flood reborn and head to the gym.

I have lemonade white flood reborn. I've been using it during my off week to keep beta alanine saturation up. The taste isn't bad by any means, but it isn't something I will miss or look forward to. Amino iv I love.

Post workout mix is 2g taurine, 1 scoop recover pro, 1 scoop PF3. Followed by a large meal to break my fast.

3 caps of prime pre work out with amino iv. 500mg alcar added to white flood.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First day back was good. A little disoriented as my gym rearranged some stuff and it was packed with resolutioners. Got my workout in with relatively little interruptions or distractions

Started with some rotator cuff warmup and strengthening then on to the lift. All rest is 30 seconds to a minute unless noted

Overhead BB press- 8 sets of 5, 9th set only got 4, 10th set only got 3 @160lbs with 1:30 rest between sets. Next week will be 10 sets of 4 at 170lbs

Underhand smith bench- 135x5, 155x 5, 5
I hated these, felt little to no chest activation and it really felt nasty on my wrists. I did dumbells with this a couple times and will go back to them next week instead of this lift.

Neutral grip incline db bench (DBS touching together)- 60x1 (too heavy and failed on 2nd) directly into 50x4, 50x5

Single arm incline db bench neutral grip- 55x3, 3

Floor skull crushers- 10 sets of 5 @70lbs
1:15 rest between sets. Next week 10 sets of 4 at 80lbs

After this I went and did 5 minutes of running at 2.5 incline 7.5mph to warm up

Then I did 5 sets of tabata sprints. (20 seconds on/ 10 off to the sides of treadmill) each set is 1 minute.

2.5 incline at 11, 10.5mph, got first two fine.. had to take extended breaks for last 3 @ 10.3, 10, 10mph
2min break
2.5inc 11mph 30on
Was really sucking wind and obviously was going to fast. These were brutal.

Then I went and dragged the prowler with a waist harness 315lbs for 2 trips of 40 yards (1 pulling forward, 1 back pedaling. Same thing again for 365lbs. 4 total trips of 40 yards.

Then I did
Hypers: bw+25lbs x 12, 12 drop set 5 just bodyweight

Leg press calves: 8 plates x 25, 10 plates x 20
Donkey calves : 6 plates x 20, 26

Then ab work to finish. Total gym time was 2 hours... The sets of ten took 15-20 minutes each+waiting for certain equipment, so.. Coulda been/ usually is less.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My energy level definitely took a hit having dropped to just 25mg ephedrine today. I'm gonna miss this stuff.

DiabeticLiftr

DiabeticLiftr

Awards
Keep it up brother. It'll definitely suck at first coming off of it, but you'll be good in no time.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep it up brother. It'll definitely suck at first coming off of it, but you'll be good in no time.
Yea. It was so effective too so I don't wanna abuse it or overuse it. So rather than taking 3 weeks off n jumping back on, I'm gonna just suck it up for the winter and get as much clean mass as I can, knowing that I have somethin that can lean me up without even trying lol.

I am gonna do the YC stack tho in about a month to keep things as clean as possible

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you ever done ECY? (by the way solid workout - as per norm with you)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever done ECY? (by the way solid workout - as per norm with you)
Yes. For the last 4 weeks. I was using EC + yohimbine found in my pre work out. I was using speed x3 from lecheek. Definitely felt it once I added in the Y.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like ECY (25/200/5-7.5) x 3 per day.
Definitely a winning combo. My required Daily Y in February will be 15mg. I plan on splitting it into two doses of 7.5

Ill most likely also do doubles at the gym. Doing cardio in the AM with a dose pre, then going about my day and returning for lift in the pm with another dose of YC. Just a little hung up on the whole aminos and insulin spike thing while using Y

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perfect amount of DOMS this morning when I woke up in all muscles hit yesterday. I love the first week off a break bc I feel it the most.

Gonna be In the gym earlier than usual today for a pull day of back, bis, traps. Volume work on lats and bi's today. I cannot wait. Back is my favorite thing to lift.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perfect amount of DOMS this morning when I woke up in all muscles hit yesterday. I love the first week off a break bc I feel it the most.

Gonna be In the gym earlier than usual today for a pull day of back, bis, traps. Volume work on lats and bi's today. I cannot wait. Back is my favorite thing to lift.
Back day on deck for me as well. Garage is going to be f'n freezing lol

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In that case I'm sleeping in the garage lol
I used to do that when I was REALLY fckd In the head.. I'd make sure my living environment was super cold and go for runs mid winter without any real warm clothing. Suffice to say it worked, but so did eating less than 300 cals a day :( Neva again!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Won't help your shoulder pain ;)
After 75 minutes in there today... I will be sleeping in ma' bed! lol

I used to do that when I was REALLY fckd In the head.. I'd make sure my living environment was super cold and go for runs mid winter without any real warm clothing. Suffice to say it worked, but so did eating less than 300 cals a day :( Neva again!
Crazy ba$tard you are Cam lol

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Totally knocked out around 945 for 20 minutes. Now I'm kinda wide awake n it sucks. I can definitely feel the effects of less ephedrine in my system. Also starting to feel the carbs more and more now that I'm off compound and anabeta for about 2 weeks. I have a feeling things r gonna be kinda tough mentally and physically until my body adjusts to a more "natural" state.

Today's workout was great, none the less.

Neutral grip pull-ups
Bodyweight+10lbs 10 sets of 5
1:30 rest between sets. Very very easy and Will go to 10 sets of 4 with +25 next week

One arm db rows
60x15
65x12
80x9
85x6
90x4

1 arm bent over laterals (for mid back and rear delt)
30x 10
35x 10

BB shrugs / superset DB shrugs
205x10 / 70x15
205x10 / 75x 12

BTB (behind the back) bb shrugs
185x 10
185 x 10

Facepulls
37.5 x10
37.5 x 10

BB curls
10 sets of 5 @ 75lbs
1:30 rest. Strict form, not easy, not hard. 10x4 for 85lbs next week

Hammer curls across torso
35x9
45x6
50x4

BB Wrist curls BTB / superset with BB reverse wrist curls
70x20/ 30x25
70x15 / 30x 20

Finished with a Couple heavy sets of rope cable crunches and leg raises supersets in the 10-12 rep range. No cardio today.

I'm still getting more doms from yesterday's workout and expect to wake up brutally sore tomorrow all over the upper body, just in time for leg day :D

Nutrition was good today and definitely geared for lean mass, I just don't tolerate carbs well without certain types of supps. Unfortunately, January is a month i decided to cycle off these supps. So I am just gonna have to suck it up n get through any possible fat accumulation which shouldn't be much, it's probably mostly water rebound.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never been very anal about weighing myself. In fact, I thought I was 165 for the last couple weeks and turns out I was 170 when I did the beginning weigh in....

How often should I weigh myself to track progress? I know the most accurate reading is empty stomach in the morning (after going to the bathroom) so I'm thinking maybe do so like every Sunday or Monday morning after a week of training. I'm 175 even tonight before bed. Which is 5 lbs heavier than Saturday when I set this log up lol. So that's why I'm wondering the best way to get readings on this. Ultimately, the mirror will be the only 'scale' I care about.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would do every Monday morning (unless you refeed on Sundays) or even every other Monday morning, as you are not overly concerned about weight at this point. As you said the mirror is your ultimate scale. Solid workout Cam.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So sore all day. Honestly the most sore I've been in a very very long time! I contemplated moving everything back a day and using today to just recover more. But it's legs which are the only body part that aren't sore, and LISS cardio.. Ill get in n out "quickly"

My rep scheme for squats and deads is supposed to be

Week 1 5x5
Week 2 5x4
Week 3 5x3

But in not sure how I want to do the sets (pyramid or all one weight) I got addicted to 5/3/1 and really pushing myself on the big lifts.. I don't wanna lose strength gains by coasting at a lower weight for all 5 sets.

I also toyed with the thought of alternating the two lifts since they're on the same day

Squat x 5
Rest 1-2 min

Dead x5
Rest 1-2 min

So on