Wasme's recomp journey....

Page 80 of 302 First ... 7879808182 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Princess Auto.
    seriously? makes me think of color pink, and tiaras or diadems or something like that..
    lol.....not where I would want to shop for my car parts

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    seriously? makes me think of color pink, and tiaras or diadems or something like that.. lol.....not where I would want to shop for my car parts
    Lol yeah definitely a strange name but the store is unbeatable when looking for tools and parts
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    •   

3. Yep, as D2L said...can't beat it for car parts. I too agree, strange name which is always unforgettable.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

4. Very strong rows Wasme. Looking forward to your pic. Sounds awkward landing the heavy DL's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Today is Canada Day. (our version of July 4th).
    Congrats! Is that when your country won it's freedom from the French? Oh, wait...

Well, enjoy that stuff you guys call bacon!

I kid... ::
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

5. I would definitely like to try the chains on deads cause I don't go all the way to the floor, I pause just before and come right back up, constant tension. Great workout Wasme, those 1 arm BB rows have some great numbers!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Very strong rows Wasme. Looking forward to your pic. Sounds awkward landing the heavy DL's on them.
    Thanks... Ya it was awkward in that sense for sure. There is probably a way to set them up so they dont interfere the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    I would definitely like to try the chains on deads cause I don't go all the way to the floor, I pause just before and come right back up, constant tension. Great workout Wasme, those 1 arm BB rows have some great numbers!
    That sounds good too.
    FINAFLEX REP

7. This is how I set up the chains. Name:  IMG-20140701-00145.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  459.1 KBEach 'gold' chain (currently have 6, has a carabiner on it so I can clip to the silver leader chain on the fly.) This way too I can adjust how many links will be on or off the floor depending if I'm doing deads, squats or bench.
    FINAFLEX REP

8. digging the carpet....it either looks like it's from the 1960s, or else it's Egyptian ..

9. Hey si, liftinglarge.com has Titan knee sleeves on sale at the moment for a July 4th sale. 20% off if you're still looking.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

10. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    digging the carpet....it either looks like it's from the 1960s, or else it's Egyptian ..
    I have another one rolled up. Due to the garage floor being concrete I just put down old area rugs - serves the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    Hey si, liftinglarge.com has Titan knee sleeves on sale at the moment for a July 4th sale. 20% off if you're still looking.
    Great, thanks!
    FINAFLEX REP

11. 7/2/2014 Chest and SHoulder Pump

Hit this one up after work about an hour ago and I gotta say rear delts are just smoked. Just is very pumped/hard right now, but my gosh rear delts and upper back in general are done..... some of these DOMS are from yesterdays back session mind you.

Neutral Grip DB Press / Band Over and Backs
    50x12 / 8
    60x12 / 8
    70x12 / 8
    70x12 / 8
    70x9 / 8
    70x8 / 8

- deep stretch, drive up for a one second flex

Cable Crossovers / Band Over and Backs
    60x15 / 8
    70x15 / 8
    70x15 / 8
    70x15 / 8

- chest was incredibly pumped after this one

DB Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises + Hang and Swing
    20x20 + 30
    20x20 + 30
    20x20 + 30
    20x20 + 30

- The addition 30 hang and swings on an incline bench after 20 rear lateral raises felt like torture. Was just pouring sweat

Spider Crawls / Band Over and Backs
    45 seconds / 8
    45 seconds / 8
    45 seconds / 8
    45 seconds / 8

- had to pause a couple of times on sets 3 and 4... crawling up and down induced a spasm like feeling

All in all another great workout. Arms on tap for tomorrow.
    FINAFLEX REP

12. U hear we lost Iginla...... Dammit!!!

13. Ya.. I'm torn on that one.. I like Iggie but at the same time, he didn't do much for us in the playoffs. I think perhaps a greater loss is Thronton, dude has heart.
    FINAFLEX REP

14. Killer wo! Looked up the over and backs/spider crawls-guessing they're the ones up against the wall? Those all look like real fire starters! Lol not sure I have that much rom in my shoulders! Haha
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

15. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Killer wo! Looked up the over and backs/spider crawls-guessing they're the ones up against the wall? Those all look like real fire starters! Lol not sure I have that much rom in my shoulders! Haha
    Thanks Kat. Yes using a band like you are in handcuffs, you pull your hands a part and start crawling them up and down the wall. Very intense.

Edit: just thought of you in handcuffs..oh boy! lol
    FINAFLEX REP

16. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Thanks Kat. Yes using a band like you are in handcuffs, you pull your hands a part and start crawling them up and down the wall. Very intense. Edit: just thought of you in handcuffs..oh boy! lol
    My my! Handcuffs and crawling down the wall...hmmmm lol
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

17. I love the use of bands, so versatile. Great workout!

18. 7/3/2014 ARMS

...well this workout (the last for week 1) was lower in volume than most but it had my arms pumped right up to the max.

Rope Pushdowns / DB Curls
    70x15 / 25x15
    80x15 / 25x15
    90x15 / 35x15
    90x15 / 35x15
    100x15 / 35x15
    100x15 / 35x15

- continuous tension of the pushdowns, flexing hard at the bottom
    - db curls hands up throgugh entire movement with a 3 second decent (on most reps lol)

EZ Bar Curl / Bench Dips
    90x8 / 10
    100x8 / 10
    105x8 / 10
    105x8 / 10

- straight reps for the curls
    - bench dips were with a 3 second neg.

Decline Triceps Extension / Hammer Curl
    80x15 / 35x15
    80x15 / 35x15
    80x15 / 40x15
    80x15 / 40x9,4,2

Took 30 seconds break at the end of each superset and was done in no time.

For all my American friend... Happy 4th of July (tomorrow!)
    FINAFLEX REP

19. Hell of an arm workout! Supersets for days
    Justin
    Instagram: legsthesizeofkegs

20. Nice arm wo!! Bet you did have a nice pump!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Hell of an arm workout! Supersets for days
    Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Nice arm wo!! Bet you did have a nice pump!!
    Thanks...it was a fun one. And yes solid arm pump!
    FINAFLEX REP
  22. Wasme's recomp journey....

Solid workouts Wasme! I have yet to try spider crawls, but I've heard they're gruesome. Hope your having a good one up there while everyone here in the state consumes 6K calories of junk!

Edit:

I don't know how you manage to keep the hammer curl strength going. I never maintain or increase on them sine starting meadows routine.
    Last edited by RegisterJr; 07-04-2014 at 01:11 PM. Reason: because
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

23. 7/5/2014 Reactive Pump - Week 2 - Legs

Beautiful morning to lift today. Legs are just trashed.

Leg Curls ss Bodyweight Squats (not part of reactive pump but done for my own benefit)

70x8 / 10
    80x8 / 10
    105x8 / 10
    110x8 / 10
    110x8 / 10
    110x8, 5 sec rest 25 partials / 10

- hams felt those

Chain Squat / Foot elevated split squat (bw)
    135x6 / 5
    185x6 / 5
    225x6 / 5
    245x6 / 5
    265x6 / 5
    275x6 / 5
    285x6 / 5

- added one set of chains
    - explosive reps
    - had more power today, however that last set was not all that explosive

Safety Bar Squat
    135x6
    185x4 + 205x4 + 215x4 + 225x4

- setup for this one was an escalating set of 16 reps. No rest after each 4 reps, except the time it took to add weight to the bar

Leg Extensions
    90x10 + 10 second quad stretch
    100x15 + 20 second quad stretch
    100x20 + 15 partials + 30 second quad stretch

- explosive kick up and hold for one second

Stiff Legged Deadlift

160x15
    160x15 (12,3)

- funny the 12,3 on the second set was identical to last week.
    - find SLDL beyond 10 reps get me a little dizzy

Standing Calf Raise / Dorsiflexion
    185x30 / 50
    185x30 / 50

- calf raises were completed in the following fashion: 10 full reps, pause at the top for 10 count, 10 full reps, 10 count, final 10 reps and 10 count. BRUTAL.

Great session today... have some yard work to do now, should be interesting.
    FINAFLEX REP

24. Killer leg session! I get dizzy with both squats and SLDLs usually about #8. Have fun with the yard work! Lol

25. Thanks Kat. Agree the SLDL's become a mind over matter game for sure...
    FINAFLEX REP
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ugab's Osteobolin-C/Neovar/IGF-2/RPM recomping journey
    By ugab37 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
  2. cutting/body recomp cycle - please critique
    By Truck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 02:33 AM
  3. 5aa/Test Prop/Tren Ace - Recomp/cutter - ???
    By Poobah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
  4. Body Recomp
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 01:22 PM