Wasme's recomp journey....

Page 80 of 207 First ... 7879808182 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    So you are leg pressing by laying on your back and pressing the bar on the smith machine up? 450 plus pounds? Dang bro that is strong. I would think that would be hell on the bottom of the feet. I bet it's hell on the small of the back too!
    Exactly.. laying on garage floor (on a rug), feet under bar and pushing up.

Using a stiffer soled shoe has helped take away the pressure points from the bar. Lower back been good actually - I am very cognisant of it. My knees on the other hand took a beating today. Especially with supersetting extensions. Knee braces were added.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

2. I would think it's harder the way you're doing it. Even without the pure awkwardness.

I'm liking this routine.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Exactly.. laying on garage floor (on a rug), feet under bar and pushing up. Using a stiffer soled shoe has helped take away the pressure points from the bar. Lower back been good actually - I am very cognisant of it. My knees on the other hand took a beating today. Especially with supersetting extensions. Knee braces were added.
    Simon, that's just hardcore there bro!
    I'm sure your weights would go up significantly on a real leg press.
    Same for leg extensions. If you are using the old bench style where you load plates on the front bar then I know your extensions would go up significantly. I was using one of those and 180-205 and the foam covered pieces would cause pain at the points of contact. At the gym the leg extension machine tops out at 260 and I add 10lbs on that. You should go do leg days for awhile at the gym.
    FINAFLEX REP
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

4. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Simon, that's just hardcore there bro!
    I'm sure your weights would go up significantly on a real leg press.
    Same for leg extensions. If you are using the old bench style where you load plates on the front bar then I know your extensions would go up significantly. I was using one of those and 180-205 and the foam covered pieces would cause pain at the points of contact. At the gym the leg extension machine tops out at 260 and I add 10lbs on that. You should go do leg days for awhile at the gym.
    Thanks. Funny you'd say that - I do in fact use a bench with the plate loaded 'leg extension/curl attachment' for curls/extensions. When I do leg extensions I sometimes have to put on some (cut down) hockey shin pads, as there is just so much pressure on the tibia lol.
    FINAFLEX REP

5. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    I would think it's harder the way you're doing it. Even without the pure awkwardness.

I'm liking this routine.
    It is a great one indeed.
    FINAFLEX REP

6. You're a beast Simon!! I would think it was much harder than a traditional leg press.
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

7. sometimes, the real mofos just gotta get a lil creative to get work done

8. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    sometimes, the real mofos just gotta get a lil creative to get work done
    Indeed, lol thanks Snags
    FINAFLEX REP

9. 8/18/2014 Chest and SHoulders

Looks like I wasn't paying attention yesterday and forgot to repeat my current week, as yesterday's workout was actually next weeks leg workout. No biggie though, will just make that adjustment next week.

Started the day with a 5km run. Legs were pretty sore from yesterday, but felt good to get some blood pumping through.

Banded DB Hammer Press
    50x6
    60x6
    70x6
    80x6
    85x6
    90x6
    90x6

Reverse Band Bench Press
    185x5
    225x5
    245x5
    265x5
    275x5
    275x5

Incline DB Press
    60x8
    70x8
    75x8 drop 40x8

Band Machine Flies
    110x15
    110x15

- 401 tempo on these

DB Bent Over Laterals
    25x15
    25x15
    25x15
    25x15

Side Lateral Partials
    35x25
    35x25
    35x25

Cage Press
    115x5
    125x5
    135x5
    135x5

Everything was on point and this workout flowed nice.
    FINAFLEX REP

10. Your cage presses are just monstrous.
    FINAFLEX REP

•   

11. I was thinking the same thing about the banded hammer press'! Very strong!!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

12. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the banded hammer press'! Very strong!!
    Just another regular day for Wasme!

How he does banded DB presses with the weight he uses is beyond me!
    FINAFLEX REP
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

13. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Your cage presses are just monstrous.
    Really psyche myself up for them.. being the last exercise at times I just wanna blast through and be done - but can't think that way!

Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the banded hammer press'! Very strong!!
    Thanks Kat.. they are awkward as hell. I actually think I might have a bit too much slack but Im laying on the band.

Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Just another regular day for Wasme!

How he does banded DB presses with the weight he uses is beyond me!
    Just trying to catch your numbers my friend
    FINAFLEX REP

14. 8/19/2014 Back

5km run upon rising - just with 2 scoops of BCAA + SAA in me. Got home, added another

scoop and a 3/4 scoop of Stiml8 and was off to the garage...

Meadows Rows
    60x8
    70x8
    95x8
    105x8
    115x8
    130x8

Smith Machine Row - Explosive
    135x6
    165x6
    175x6
    175x6
    175x6

Dumbbell Pullover
    60x12
    60x12
    60x12

Barbell Shrug
    200x10
    200x10
    200x10

- 2 second pause at the top

Banded Hyperextensions
    3 sets to failure

Another solid session today. Tomorrow taking three kids to Niagara Falls for the day, if the weather is ok - so will be a rest day (although I do plan on going for a run before we leave).
    FINAFLEX REP

15. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    8/19/2014 Back 5km run upon rising - just with 2 scoops of BCAA + SAA in me. Got home, added another scoop and a 3/4 scoop of Stiml8 and was off to the garage... Meadows Rows 60x8 70x8 95x8 105x8 115x8 130x8 Smith Machine Row - Explosive 135x6 165x6 175x6 175x6 175x6 Dumbbell Pullover 60x12 60x12 60x12 Barbell Shrug 200x10 200x10 200x10 - 2 second pause at the top Banded Hyperextensions 3 sets to failure Another solid session today. Tomorrow taking three kids to Niagara Falls for the day, if the weather is ok - so will be a rest day (although I do plan on going for a run before we leave).
    Strong Meadows rows! What stance do you use on these? More bent leg or more straight leg? Reason I ask is I have seen some crazy forms with these. I seldom do these preferring to go more with T-bar rows and one arm DB rows. Just wondering which is the better stance...

Have fun at the Falls tomorrow, that should be a fun day!!
    FINAFLEX REP

16. Very strong rows Simon! Ahhh so jealous about the falls! That's in my wish list! Have a wonderful time!!

17. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Strong Meadows rows! What stance do you use on these? More bent leg or more straight leg? Reason I ask is I have seen some crazy forms with these. I seldom do these preferring to go more with T-bar rows and one arm DB rows. Just wondering which is the better stance...

Have fun at the Falls tomorrow, that should be a fun day!!
    Legs straight, with a bit more of bend on front leg. The hip closest to the bar is higher, and free arm resting across front knee. Bar sitting under chest level. The pull driving the elbow straight up. Back stays consistent and low. It took me a while to get the form down. Watched Meadows videos and @breezy11 's form (see below) and got a lot of funny looks at home when busting out some 'pretend' sets.

Thanks, rain in forecast, but hopefully we can pull it off!

Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Very strong rows Simon! Ahhh so jealous about the falls! That's in my wish list! Have a wonderful time!!
    Funny, I take NF for granted. I have been probably 20-25 times as it is only an hour or so away. Thanks Kat!
    FINAFLEX REP

18. Great opportunity to try the newest product in the ever growing FINAFLEX line... jump on this!

FINAFLEX presents MUSCLE FIBER
    FINAFLEX REP

19. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Legs straight, with a bit more of bend on front leg. The hip closest to the bar is higher, and free arm resting across front knee. Bar sitting under chest level. The pull driving the elbow straight up. Back stays consistent and low. It took me a while to get the form down. Watched Meadows videos and @breezy11 's form (see below) and got a lot of funny looks at home when busting out some 'pretend' sets. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6khj5rHscA Thanks, rain in forecast, but hopefully we can pull it off! Funny, I take NF for granted. I have been probably 20-25 times as it is only an hour or so away. Thanks Kat!
    Lmao 20-25x. I've been once. Terrible...
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

20. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    Lmao 20-25x. I've been once. Terrible...
    lol... I know eh... kids like it, relatives all HAVE to see it... but they host great hockey tournaments!!!
    FINAFLEX REP

21. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    lol... I know eh... kids like it, relatives all HAVE to see it... but they host great hockey tournaments!!!
    I hate I've only been once man. It's like when I lived 4 hours from the west edge of Yellowstone I never went. I need to be proactive lol

22. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    I hate I've only been once man. It's like when I lived 4 hours from the west edge of Yellowstone I never went. I need to be proactive lol
    Congrats on the repping gig!
    FINAFLEX REP

23. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Congrats on the repping gig!
    Thank you good sir!

24. 8/21/2014

Niagara Falls with the family (wife and I + 3 of the kids) was a really great time yesterday. Everyone enjoyed themselves. We took them on the Maid of the Mist - only way to experience the sheer power of the falls, into a wax museum and just enjoyed the day at the falls; lots of walking.

Was a fantastic day till we got home near 10pm....

Arrived home to my car (Santa Fe) sitting in the driveway with a smashed window (furthest back on the drivers side). No other damage at all, just like someone had walked by with a hammer and whacked the window. Now, the previous two nights around 2am, someone pulled in front of our house and lit a firecracker (sounded like a gun shot) and then sped off, so I am thinking this has something to do with it. Of course, after questioning the 'older kids' no one seems to know anything, or why this is happening/happened. Kinda calling bull**** on that one and my car is now off limits to the older boys - indefinitely.

So spent the morning at the dealership (who were cheaper than the auto glass places I called) and have the window ordered for tomorrow. $550 for that little friggin window... Came home, very stressed out and needing a workout. My 16 year old daughter, asked if she could run with me ... and off we went (and was a great feeling running with her).

Warmup: 5km - great pace as I tried to keep up with Ashley lol

DB Press (Neutral Grip)
    50x10
    60x10
    70x10
    70x12
    75x12
    75x11
    75x9

Machine Flies / DB Bent-Over Side Laterals
    110x15 / 30x20
    110x15 / 30x20
    120x15 / 35x20
    120x15 / 35x20

DB Hex Press / Face Pulls
    50x10 / 110x10
    50x10 / 110x10
    55x10 / 110x10
    55x10 / 110x10

6 Ways / Band Over and Back
    10x10 / 20
    10x10 / 20
    10x10 / 20
    FINAFLEX REP

25. Just had to put this in here, for anyone who has not tried Mass 550 yet, or simply can't get enough of it.... Astonishing deal here from FINAFLEX and Nutraplanet:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/r...dle-stack.html
    FINAFLEX REP

26. That sucks about the window. You know what they say about Canadians, thug *** ****** ******s.

Awesome that Simonette went with you. She needs to teach the boys something.

Strong C/S day. Those bent raises look brutal, and I know exactly how he finale felt.
    FINAFLEX REP

27. Sucks about the window man. Great chest shoulders day tho. 6 ways smoke me every time. So brutal
    Justin
    Instagram: justin_ohara9
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/231863-joh408s-longterm-quest.html

28. Great workout, as we all expect now! And what a great day when one of the young ones wants to run with the Master! Kudos for raising good kids.

Now on the window: sorry to hear that. Seems someone is either out for one of the boys, or the girl told a guy to buzz off. It will come out who did it, kids can't keep that stuff quiet. The good thing is no one was hurt and nothing stolen.

Now, I'd be all up for staking out and going delta force on someone though.... lol
    FINAFLEX REP

29. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Great workout, as we all expect now! And what a great day when one of the young ones wants to run with the Master! Kudos for raising good kids. Now on the window: sorry to hear that. Seems someone is either out for one of the boys, or the girl told a guy to buzz off. It will come out who did it, kids can't keep that stuff quiet. The good thing is no one was hurt and nothing stolen. Now, I'd be all up for staking out and going delta force on someone though.... lol
    ^^^ this! Lol Hide and bust their butts!!

Awesome workout as always Simon! Love that your daughter went running with you and pushed you too!!

30. Awesome lifting as usual Simon. Sorry about the window and agree that the kids will slip the name of the person that did it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ugab's Osteobolin-C/Neovar/IGF-2/RPM recomping journey
    By ugab37 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 02:33 PM
  2. cutting/body recomp cycle - please critique
    By Truck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 03:33 AM
  3. 5aa/Test Prop/Tren Ace - Recomp/cutter - ???
    By Poobah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 11:51 AM
  4. Body Recomp
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 02:22 PM