NomZ Totals 1500+ - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

NomZ Totals 1500+

Page 3 of 22 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Man that was so close to lockout! Solid pressing regardless. Looks like you will definitely get that wait in the near future.
    Thanks, it's my typical brick-wall-stick point, 290 is the goal for the next meet and I want it. Hitting up all sorts of lockou varities.

Fasted
    1 scoop Condense
    5g SNS CrMono
    15g CHO

DE Conventional Deadlift
    135x10
    225x3
    315x3
    +belt
    405x3
    405x3
    405x3
    405x3
    405x3

Snatch Grip Deadlift
    225x3
    315x3
    315x3
    315x3

Hack Squat
    +toes forward narrow stance
    1ppsx8
    2ppsx8
    2ppsx8
    2ppsx8
    2ppsx8

Calves

Single Leg Glute Bridge
    BWx3x12

Hypers
    BWx40
    BWx30

Abs

Good DE session, was going to go lighter, but my training partner was going heavier and I didn't feel like stripping the weights. 405 was still decently quick.

Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah, I'd say that was pretty quick alright. What's the biggest conventional pull you've ever hit?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Yeah, I'd say that was pretty quick alright. What's the biggest conventional pull you've ever hit?
    I've never maxed on conventional in the past 3yrs, and the most I've done with conventional is 505 in that time frame. I imagine it would be mid 5's.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    I've never maxed on conventional in the past 3yrs, and the most I've done with conventional is 505 in that time frame. I imagine it would be mid 5's.
    Easily mid 5's.
    Training log:
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Subscribers, are you not entertained? It's dead in here.

Sending in entry form for Feb 8th, which makes me 4 weeks out. Contest prep mode engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Easily mid 5's.
    Never done, so not gonna make any claims.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Oh I'm here! What fed? USPA? Openers?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Oh I'm here! What fed? USPA? Openers?
    USPA Classic Raw, I'm all USPA, doing it with my training partner who is also 198. He'll outbench me by 90lbs and I'll outpull him by 90lbs, down to squat.

Ideally I want that 1500 total, but as long as I improve. Open likely 501/272/580.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Still weigh 200?
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Still weigh 200?
    199.4 as of this morning, it's 1.5hr drive away, so I doubt I'll weigh in early, and just drive there the morning of the meet.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

199.4 as of this morning, it's 1.5hr drive away, so I doubt I'll weigh in early, and just drive there the morning of the meet.
    Easy then.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

or be a boss and cut to 181
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

or be a boss and cut to 181
    181 records are set even higher than 198 by Bryce Lewis I think, no point.
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm here too, I just never have much to add after the other guys chime in lol.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

I forgot I didn't post about Dan Green's seminar, Brandon Lily ended up quitting at the last minute, but the show went on. Big turnout, a lot of people there. Didn't really hear anything new myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm here too, I just never have much to add after the other guys chime in lol.
    lol Boss Barbell Club is offering strongman stuff now, supposed to host a small meet in April, you can chime in when that gets closer, bc I'll need it.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Why don't you train there permanently?
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Why don't you train there permanently?
    Cost, travel time, and I currently still have a year left at 24hr fitness, who hasn't kicked me out yet. When my membership expires, I'll likely train there, if it's not overrun...

Biggest benefits are the specialty bars and equipment that I don't have access to.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome! Meet prep!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Fasted 198lbs
    1 scoop Condense
    5g SNS CrMono
    15g CHO
    Shoulder bullying

Standing OHP
    45x20
    95x5 + 3 SQ-jerk
    115x3 + 3 SQ-j
    135x3 + 3 SQ-j
    155x3 + 2 SQ-j
    175x3 PP
    175x3 PP
    175x3 PP
    135x8 Rebound PP
    135x8 Rebound PP

CG Bench TnG
    45x20
    95x10
    135x10
    175x3
    195x3
    +pause & attempted leg drive
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5

Chest Supported DB Row TuT
    55sx12
    55sx12
    55sx8
    55sx8

Straight Arm Cable Pulldown...DB Spyder Curl
    x20...x15
    x20...x15
    x15...x12
    .......x10

Band Tri Pushdown
    MBx25, 20, 5 RP

Good session, still trying to figure out push press as this is the 2nd time doing them in forever. Switched to asics on last 3 sets and felt much more planted, but still ended up on my toes, need to fix ankle mobility. Should be doing them in the oly shoes anyways.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Attempted leg drive?
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Attempted leg drive?
    I don't know how to leg drive, hence the attempt. Ass came off on half, the other half went up smooth.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

I don't know how to leg drive, hence the attempt. Ass came off on half, the other half went up smooth.
    Well that sucks. Hopefully something clicks soon for you. I think it's all about how you set up
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Well that sucks. Hopefully something clicks soon for you.
    I've never really commited to trying to master it, would always just try a few times then give up. My bench is pitiful, why not try everything.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You benching flat footed still? If so the "lift your toes" que helps me. You don't actually lift it though, just forces the pressure on the heel. And for me(and I am pretty sure I'm shorter than you so may not work) is I set up so that I am squeezing my glutes/hams before the rep starts...this way I can't contract and lift...I'm already contracted hard and ass is touching.

I'm obviously not very skilled, but figured there is a some chance I could help some. Also, I think your boy Dan Green explains leg drive best on the youtubes.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    You benching flat footed still? If so the "lift your toes" que helps me. You don't actually lift it though, just forces the pressure on the heel. And for me(and I am pretty sure I'm shorter than you so may not work) is I set up so that I am squeezing my glutes/hams before the rep starts...this way I can't contract and lift...I'm already contracted hard and ass is touching.

I'm obviously not very skilled, but figured there is a some chance I could help some. Also, I think your boy Dan Green explains leg drive best on the youtubes.
    Thanks, any and all help is welcome.

Typically I'm flat footed in oly shoes. Today I tried on my toes in oly shoes and that semi-worked. I get what you're saying about pre-loading, I was doing that with my quads and glutes. Part of the problem is poor hip flexibility that needs to be remedied.

I'll probably train there soon to get a session on the Texas DL bar, might see if I can get some help from him.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Rob speaks the truth. Green is the king of all leg drive, the more speed you get off your chest, the less you have to worry about lockout.
    Training log:
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Fasted 201lbs
    1.5 scoop Condense
    5g SNS CrMono
    15g CHO

Squat
    45x20
    135x10
    225x3
    275x3
    315x2
    365x1
    +belt
    405x1
    +2.0m Black Mambas
    455x3
    +2.5m 2XHs
    495x4 PR
    +average reverse bands & 2XHs
    555x3
    570x3
    -reverse bands & wraps
    315x3 pause
    365x3 pause

Hack Squat close stance
    2ppsx6
    2ppsx6
    2ppsx6

Calves

Dips...Seated Cable Row
    BWx25...135x15
    BWx24...135x15
    BWx15...135x15

Back Extension
    BWx20
    +45x20
    +45x20

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed for more learnin'
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  28. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I love your squat videos.....nice stuff.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Awesome squats, dude. Looks like your hips fished around a tad in the beginning but outside of that you look pretty damn sturdy.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Subbed for more learnin'
    Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I love your squat videos.....nice stuff.
    lawl thanks bro.
    Awesome squats, dude. Looks like your hips fished around a tad in the beginning but outside of that you look pretty damn sturdy.
    Indeed they did, not sure what the exact cause was bc everything felt fine, erectors were just sore. Depth could have been a tad deeper on the 495, but I won't complain with a +2 rep PR.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Fasted 199.5lbs
    1 scoop Condense
    5g SNS CrMono
    15g CHO

Competition Pause Bench
    45x20
    95x10
    135x5
    155x3
    185x3
    215x4
    245x4 PR
    +Regular Slingshot
    275x4
    300x3
    -Slingshot
    +close grip
    230x3
    230x3

Pullup...Seated OHP
    BWx10...
    +45x6...45x15
    +45x5...95x10
    +45x5...115x6
    ...........135x6
    ...........135x6

Band Catback Row...Band Pushdown
    LBx20...MBx20
    LBx20...MBx15
    LBx20...MBx15
    ..........MBx15

Bis

Scap mobilization post-wo. Benching is going decent I think, PRing on the main set and slingshot sets.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.

STROOONG bench bro!
    Workout Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240313-turnin-into-f.html#post4303200
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Good PR dude
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  300 lbs.

Subbed

U are one strong dude
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    STROOONG bench bro!
    lawl not yet bro, but thanks, bench is by far my weakest lift.
    Good PR dude
    Thanks, felt good and wasn't too hard. Maybe 255x3 next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    Subbed

U are one strong dude
    Thanks, when it comes to squat and dead I'd agree with you.
  36. smoker145

In to learn

So close on that bench in your comp man
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

good shyt nomz, strong benching...
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    In to learn

So close on that bench in your comp man
    Welcome, and yep, that's my brickwall stick point.
    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    good shyt nomz, strong benching...
    Thanks, stronger but not strong yet...

1.5 scoop Condense
    5g SNS CrMono
    15g CHO

Deadlift
    +conventional
    135x10
    225x3
    315x3
    +sumo
    365x1
    405x1
    455x1
    +belt
    495x1
    545x3 PR
    Reverse Light Band Deadlift
    405x1
    495x1
    +belt
    565x3 (~455 bottom, 555 top)
    605x3 (~495 bottom, 595 top)

Double Pause Squat
    +pause at bottom & pause at 3/4 -> return to bottom & repeat
    135x10
    225x6
    275x3
    275x3
    275x3
    275x3

Barbell Hyper hi-bar
    45x10
    65x10
    65x10
    65x10

Calves

Good session.

39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Welcome, and yep, that's my brickwall stick point. Thanks, stronger but not strong yet... 1.5 scoop Condense 5g SNS CrMono 15g CHO Deadlift +conventional 135x10 225x3 315x3 +sumo 365x1 405x1 455x1 +belt 495x1 545x3 PR Reverse Light Band Deadlift 405x1 495x1 +belt 565x3 (~455 bottom, 555 top) 605x3 (~495 bottom, 595 top) Double Pause Squat +pause at bottom & pause at 3/4 -> return to bottom & repeat 135x10 225x6 275x3 275x3 275x3 275x3 Barbell Hyper hi-bar 45x10 65x10 65x10 65x10 Calves Good session. Video Link: http://youtu.be/aAM5En9qILI
    Awesome ****ing work!
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Oh, and good call on using the bumper weights for the back extensions.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. A total of 48 lbs (pictures)
    By VMIgf-1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 02:01 PM
  2. Now, for something totally different!
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-20-2004, 08:06 AM
  3. Total Test- how high?
    By crazydoc1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 10:32 AM
  4. PH history and your total gains...
    By -2z- in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 10:25 PM
  5. Replies: 2