NomZ Totals 1500+

Page 11 of 81 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Not sure how I like the Fusion, the legs are short on me and rode up my thighs very high compared to the Super Centurion despite being tighter. Next time I won't wear thin compression pants under as that may have aided them riding up.

Dropbox is derpin', all I have till it uploads.

Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

2. @Rodja care to drop some advice?
    •   

3. It could be due to the bar, but your shoulders drift ahead of the bar at the initial portion. You get your upper body into the proper position at the bottom, which is 90% of the battle with sumo. The only other thing I'd need to see is the shin position at the setup as that could be another reason your hips shoot up.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It could be due to the bar, but your shoulders drift ahead of the bar at the initial portion. You get your upper body into the proper position at the bottom, which is 90% of the battle with sumo. The only other thing I'd need to see is the shin position at the setup as that could be another reason your hips shoot up.
    It's a stiff bar with poor knurling.

Shins set set against the bar at setup.

Appreciate the input. What's your thought on leg length in the suit? My Fusion is riding up and only offering 6" or so of coverage from the hip crease to my thighs. Partly due to wearing compression pants I'm sure, I'll use suit slippers next time instead.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    It's a stiff bar with poor knurling. Shins set set against the bar at setup. Appreciate the input. What's your thought on leg length in the suit? My Fusion is riding up and only offering 6" or so of coverage from the hip crease to my thighs. Partly due to wearing compression pants I'm sure, I'll use suit slippers next time instead.
    As long as the suit is snugly against your hips and ass, it should be fine.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Trained at a sweet place, strength and conditioning type gym/crossfit, so much great equipment.

203.5lbs
    3/4scoop Rush
    2g SNS COP

Power Snatch
    45x5
    65x3
    95x2
    115x2
    135x2
    155x2
    165x1
    175x1 PR
    180x0, 1 high hang snatch

Overhead Press
    45x10, 10 BTN
    95x5, 5 BTN
    115x5, 5 BTN
    115x5, 5 BTN
    115x5, 4 BTN
    115x6 BTN snatch press

DB Row
    +strapless
    70x20
    96x20
    120x15
    120x24 LA, 120x21 RA

Farmer Walk
    +no turns or drops
    190x100'
    190x100'
    190x125'

Mind****ed myself on 180, didn't even try to snatch, so went straight into a high hang and hit it. Rushed workout due to time but still hit some good lifts. Most I've done on farmer walks too.

This gym also had a Swiss bar, a Squat Safety bar, Bamboo bars, bumpers for days, prowlers, sleds, and some other fun stuff. Going to try to make it my new home if it's not too much money.

7. Found out Boss is offering a strongman meet April 26th, one week before USPA collegiate nats. Well I guess I'll be doing both...

8. Woo rows!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

9. Kick ass session NomZ. You a lefty? And would be cool as **** if it can be your home. It will probably cost more than LA and stuff like that, hopefully not too much more.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

10. Was having a row-off with the big guy who's pulled 675 raw raw.

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Kick ass session NomZ. You a lefty? And would be cool as **** if it can be your home. It will probably cost more than LA and stuff like that, hopefully not too much more.
    Nope, right handed. Guess my right grip sucks for some reason.

I'll probably be able to work out a deal by the sounds of it and take 4-5 guys with me too.

11. Going back to that gym tomorrow to sled pull and play around with some more toys.

Fasted
    3/4scoop Rush
    8caps BCAA XD
    2g SNS COP

DE Squat
    45x2x20
    135x2x10
    225x2x3
    275x2x3
    325x2
    325x2
    325x2
    325x2
    325x2
    325x2
    HiBar Squat
    325x5
    325x4 + 1 paused
    325x4 + 1 paused

Narrow Hack Squat
    2ppsx10
    2ppsx10
    2ppsx10

DB Swing
    55x10
    75x15
    75x15
    75x15

Bulgarian Split Squat
    BWx10 each leg
    +25x10
    +45x10
    +45x10

Took a while to get moving today, was tight, but still got through everything as planned.

12. Holy squats batman

Dat volume and pump
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

13. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Holy squats batman

Dat volume and pump
    True dat.

New gym again, just some off day messing around.

Harnessed Sled Pull
    180x2x50m
    225x2x50m
    270x2x25m
    315x3x25m

Farmer Walk
    115x60m
    185x4x55m

All I did, quads and traps on fire.

14. Turns out I did 205 (handles are 25lb) per hand the other day on farmers, that event is gonna be easy at 210.

15. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Turns out I did 205 (handles are 25lb) per hand the other day on farmers, that event is gonna be easy at 210.
    What's the distance?

16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    What's the distance?
    Just 30m I believe. No turns, one way, then return with 335lb Zercher Carry.

I can basically run with 205...

17. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post

Just 30m I believe. No turns, one way, then return with 335lb Zercher Carry.

I can basically run with 205...
    I want that to be an event at mine.....

My last farmers medley was 250 per hand for 50' (or 75'?) followed by a heavy backwards sled drag lol....

18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I want that to be an event at mine.....

My last farmers medley was 250 per hand for 50' (or 75'?) followed by a heavy backwards sled drag lol....
    It's Boss' first meet ever, including PL, so I'm sure they're making it a little more entry level.

I need to get on stones, I can do 200x10 but never touched anything heavier and heard heavier stones are completely different.

19. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post

It's Boss' first meet ever, including PL, so I'm sure they're making it a little more entry level.

I need to get on stones, I can do 200x10 but never touched anything heavier and heard heavier stones are completely different.
    What are the weight classes? The one with that event was for the 200 and below class lol..

It's the circumference that's the issue with heavier stones, typically people take a wider stance for them which helps.
  20. NomZ Totals 1500+

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    What are the weight classes? The one with that event was for the 200 and below class lol..

It's the circumference that's the issue with heavier stones, typically people take a wider stance for them which helps.
    175 and below, 176-200, 201-231, 232 and up I think. Gotta watch my weight at 205 right now.

Good to know.

21. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post

175 and below, 176-200, 201-231, 232 and up I think. Gotta watch my weight at 205 right now.

Good to know.
    That is a lot of classes below 231 and not a lot above it...

Are you intending to do 176-200 then?

22. Is it going to be NAS sanctioned?

23. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That is a lot of classes below 231 and not a lot above it...

Are you intending to do 176-200 then?
    Also 232-265, 266+.

Don't think so, didn't see any mention on the entry form http://norcalmaswrestling.files.word.../03/entry3.pdf

Yes, I'll make 200.

Woke up late for practice, ran out the door without my Rush, luckily had a sample in my bag. Tastes groce though lol...

Fasted
    8caps BCAA XD
    Random pre-wo sample

Pullups
    BWx18

Pause WG Bench
    45x20
    95x10
    135x10
    160x5
    185x3
    205x10
    205x10
    205x10
    Reverse Grip Pause Bench
    185x4
    185x4
    185x4

Pendlay Row
    225x3x3

Power Jerk
    95x10
    115x5
    145x3
    145x3
    145x3

Bis

Unsupported Seated DB OHP
    40x15
    40x15
    40x15

All over the place today, the time change threw me off. Stil a decent workout though.

24. Time change throws me all out of sorts for a few days
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

25. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Time change throws me all out of sorts for a few days
    Word.

Fasted 204lbs
    3/4scoop Rush
    8caps BCAA XD

Suited Dealift
    +tight Fusion
    135x10
    225x5
    315x3
    365x1
    +sumo
    405x2
    455x2
    495x1
    545x1
    575x2
    +belt
    590x2 PR
    +knee wraps*
    600x2 PR

*Experimenting with knee wraps for more pop off the floor, I've seen it done before but never tried it. Used my thin and springy RPMs. Not sure what I thought.

17" Rack Pull
    495x3
    545x3
    565x2

Sumo HiBar Squat
    225x5
    315x3
    365x3
    +belt
    395x3x3

Vid to come later.

The leg pump made getting the suit off awful. Took about 5 mind and I was out of breath by the time I got it off.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. A total of 48 lbs (pictures)
    By VMIgf-1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 03:01 PM
  2. Now, for something totally different!
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-20-2004, 09:06 AM
  3. Total Test- how high?
    By crazydoc1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:32 AM
  4. PH history and your total gains...
    By -2z- in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 11:25 PM
  5. Replies: 2