Jim's Training to Become a Human Tank!

Page 34 of 61 First ... 3233343536 ... Last

1. What's that
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Texas Power Bar...
    •   

3. Derp

My gym gets it from EFS. I've only used the sumo length Texas Deadlift bar.

It's amazing.

I'm not saying happy birthday because that's ghey!
    [email protected]

4. Happy B day kid.

As far as her back rounding on the pulls, it is hard to say from just watching the vid. I know the low back gets set more of the natural lumbar arch in a squat if the chest or maybe the shoulders is pulled up some, but as you said if there is a contraindication with upper area, I am not sure!?
    I guess I would vote sumo too to play safe(r)
    Does it help at all if she packs the neck or brings the chin inward (not down) ie: pull/slide the head back some?
    I know some people can do round back lifting, but you have to be able to hold that form and not allow the form to slide or droop farther forward. And with stones or something, you have the support in the guts by hugging the stone. There is no support if the form crashes on a bar pull.
    I recently felt this happening on a max pull and abandoned the rep at the knees, knowing I was losing the control battle. IMO, I would not suggest heavy roundbacking if one could find another way.

5. Double post
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Derp

My gym gets it from EFS. I've only used the sumo length Texas Deadlift bar.

It's amazing.

I'm not saying happy birthday because that's ghey!
    Yeah, the EFS one is just 100+ more than almost every other one I've seen.

7. Hey Chuck Norris just had a Birthday 74 and in fact he is so tough...

That he doesn't have a chin under his beard, he has another fist
    When he goes swimming he doesn't get wet the pool gets Chuck Norris
    He has a bear rug, but the bear is not dead, he is just afraid to move
    When Alexander Graham Bell invented the phone, it already had 3 missed calls from Chuck Norris
    Chuck never calls a wrong number, you just pick up the wrong phone

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Where is the best place to buy a TPB?

Is there a certain one I should look for?
    Anybody?

9. EFS, Troy, Buddy Capps or http://www.wwfitness.com/index.html
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

10. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    EFS, Troy, Buddy Capps or http://www.wwfitness.com/index.html
    I was wondering about the Buddy Capps bar, it's about 100-150 dollars cheaper than EFS after shipping from most sites.

Is the quality the same?

11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I was wondering about the Buddy Capps bar, it's about 100-150 dollars cheaper than EFS after shipping from most sites. Is the quality the same?
    I believe the bars I used for the RPS meet were Capps and they were good.
    [email protected]

12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I was wondering about the Buddy Capps bar, it's about 100-150 dollars cheaper than EFS after shipping from most sites.

Is the quality the same?
    Pretty sure Buddy Capps made the bar in the first place...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

13. I'm confused I guess I thought a TPB was a TPB regardless of where it is sold

14. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

I believe the bars I used for the RPS meet were Capps and they were good.
    Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Pretty sure Buddy Capps made the bar in the first place...
    Awesome.

That's what I'm gonna get then.
    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I'm confused I guess I thought a TPB was a TPB regardless of where it is sold
    You'd think so, but when the difference is $100+ you have to wonder what the difference is.

15. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

You'd think so, but when the difference is $100+ you have to wonder what the difference is.
    I just figured it was efts being pricey, as usual

16. Yep, that's the one I'm getting.

I wonder what kind of shape those used one's are in.....

17. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yep, that's the one I'm getting. I wonder what kind of shape those used one's are in.....
    For that price, I wouldn't bother...

18. TPB have changed recently in both look and feel. They used to not have as much flex in them with a different finish on the bar as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

For that price, I wouldn't bother...
    Yeah, I guess you're right.

I'm gonna order it tonight.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    TPB have changed recently in both look and feel. They used to not have as much flex in them with a different finish on the bar as well.
    I'm not sure what this means for what I want lol.

Is the buddy capps bar going to be stiffer than the ones we use in competition?

21. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm not sure what this means for what I want lol. Is the buddy capps bar going to be stiffer than the ones we use in competition?
    I think the TSS ones are a bit more stiff than the Capps ones. I've used the ones from EFS and Capps dozens of times in training. I'm not 100% sure which ones they use for APF as it could be either Capps or TSS depending on the area the meet is and who's sponsoring it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

I think the TSS ones are a bit more stiff than the Capps ones. I've used the ones from EFS and Capps dozens of times in training. I'm not 100% sure which ones they use for APF as it could be either Capps or TSS depending on the area the meet is and who's sponsoring it.
    Ok, TSS site says they are manufactured by Buddy Capps so I guess it'll be high quality.

23. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Ok, TSS site says they are manufactured by Buddy Capps so I guess it'll be high quality.
    They're still a high quality bar, but with more flex than previously. It's not a DL bar amount of flex either.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

24. So, I'm definitely going to go ahead and order that bar tonight.

Also, I'm thinking about clearing out my garage and setting up a garage gym in there. As it stands, my gym membership is paid until next March (mine and the wife's) so I was thinking that during this year I would start getting enough equipment so that next year I can have a garage gym set up that has enough weight/equipment where I don't need to go to the gym (maybe even start training others, if I have the time).

So what I'm wondering, and I'm looking at you @bolt10, is where you would go to buy the bigger equipment and what type of stuff would you get if you were doing it? (racks, GHD, Rev. Hyper, Competition Bench, multi purpose bench, dumbbell sets, etc.) Which places are the best for this type of stuff? Or would it be best just to search for the deals as I find them?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 05:21 PM
  2. Prohormones to Become Schedule III Drugs
    By PsYoP78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 05:19 PM
  3. A question about training to failure...
    By Gaf Knee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 11:23 PM
  4. Training to improve throws
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 02:42 AM
  5. what is to become of anabolicarchive?
    By dez/null in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 06:18 PM