Jim's Training to Become a Human Tank!

Page 34 of 51 First ... 3233343536 ... Last

1. Stones was a terrible, terrible idea.

2. 0 on stones, didn't have any pain coming off the ground with 225 but coming out of the lap was excruciating.
    •   

3. Tough man. You're still a beast for pushing through, though. What else is left?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Tough man. You're still a beast for pushing through, though. What else is left?
    Nada.

Pain killers, hot water, dinner.

5. You are a tough stubborn som bish. Rest up bud
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   

6. Dimitar making me look like I don't even lift.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140412_181242.png
Views: 57
Size:  458.9 KB

7. Welp that sucks. He were you predicting to do on the events?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

8. Check out the stuff mike t does after pulling his back out in the beginning. I know superD does this stuff too, this vid was just the one in my recent feed.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcfyChjzK0M
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

9. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Welp that sucks. He were you predicting to do on the events?
    I wasn't really predicting anything, didn't learn the weights until the competition had started.

I've never really axle deadlifted before, so I had no real expectations there, but I only pull 425 on a TPB so that opening weight was much heavier than I would've liked. (I would've picked 350 or so probably)

I've only done Conan once, and don't even know what that weight was.

My best log C+P is 200, I did it back in December/January IIRC. And I've only done 210 for 2 off boxes since then. I figured I might be able to do one.

Arm over Arm pull....grip was the real limiter there. If my grip was stronger I'm sure I'd have gotten to a point where it hurt to do it, but that wasn't the case.

Stones.....well. Last time I tried to load a stone to that height I passed out. I would've wanted the 275 to the lower platform, and could probably have gotten the 250 to the 56" platform.

10. Here's the video from the event.

http://youtu.be/J5rya9QD9J8

11. Can't figure out how to play it on my phone. Stupid YouTube...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

12. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Can't figure out how to play it on my phone. Stupid YouTube...
    It should work now.

13. That sure makes dead lifting look awkward.
    FINAFLEX REP

14. What do suggest I do for my forearms on stones?

I was thinking just using athletic wrap down the forearm and tape the wrist.

15. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    What do suggest I do for my forearms on stones?

I was thinking just using athletic wrap down the forearm and tape the wrist.
    Athletic tape will probably tear.

My first show I went bare skin, which works just fine but requires a bit more tacky on the forearms for it to stick. (plus there's always the chance you get staph)

A lot of guys just use duct tape. 2-3 strips down the inside of the forearm and then 3 horizontal strips around the arm. 1 at the wrist, 1 in the middle of the arm, and 1 just below the elbow.

16. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    That sure makes dead lifting look awkward.
    You just have to gorilla grip it or you won't be able to hold it. It doesn't rotate like a regular barbell so it won't spin on you with the false grip.

17. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Athletic tape will probably tear.My first show I went bare skin, which works just fine but requires a bit more tacky on the forearms for it to stick. (plus there's always the chance you get staph)A lot of guys just use duct tape. 2-3 strips down the inside of the forearm and then 3 horizontal strips around the arm. 1 at the wrist, 1 in the middle of the arm, and 1 just below the elbow.
    Don't have any tacky and wasnt planning on buying it, might beg and borrow if I see anyone with it the day of the meet.Last time I did stones, I still have scars from it, lol.I'll try athletic wrap with duct tape. I've seen guys cut a sleeve off that covers the forearm and taped both ends.

18. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Don't have any tacky and wasnt planning on buying it, might beg and borrow if I see anyone with it the day of the meet.Last time I did stones, I still have scars from it, lol.I'll try athletic wrap with duct tape. I've seen guys cut a sleeve off that covers the forearm and taped both ends.
    Someone there will most likely have some, and I've never seen anyone refuse to share it.

19. Also, got hit with some bad news recently. The gym is closing on April 26. So, I'm trying to get a rack and weights in the very near future so that I can start training in the garage (a little sooner than planned).

I should be making stones this week (I'm gonna make a 120, 175, 230, and 300 tomorrow) and then I'll get some lead shot and make a 270 and 340 after.

I'll be ordering another TPB soon, and as of now have the single TPB and a SSB (came in today). I plan to get a rack, and right now I'm shopping around so if you guys have any suggestions on where to get a good rack for a decent price I'm all ears. I plan to call power-lift tomorrow to get some prices on some of there equipment and will call pro maxima for the same thing as well. I don't plan to get any dumbbells for at least a little while, and will probably just get some plate loadable handles (saw an awesome one on spud that can be loaded to over 500 pounds, Kroc Row goals?) and will get DBs as I can after I have enough weight to meet my immediate needs.

What kind of weight plates do you guys recommend? I can get some cast ones over at academy for a decent price, but I'm willing to bet that they don't last incredibly long. I can order a 500# set from EFS (I think it was EFS) and get a TPB from them, but they only give 4 45's with that, and then a bunch of 35's (who even uses 35's, no one?).

I plan to get most of my implements from pit bull (the prices are good and everything I've heard is good quality wise), but I'm not too worried about that right now since I can't do any implement work anyway (and I don't plan to compete any more this year), and right now I'm just worried about getting the basics so that I can start training.

20. I'd Craigslist hunt for random metal plates and then order a bumper set if it were me.

I think there's something called a Kroc Handle too lol.

21. I'd Craigslist hunt for random metal plates and then order a bumper set if it were me.

I think there's something called a Kroc Handle too lol.

I've been checking craigslist, but haven't had a lot of luck yet. Mostly guys just getting rid of random 10's and ****. Plus, I reallly, really, hate when **** isn't the same so it bothers me to have different types of plates and **** on a bar.....

My buddy says scrap yards normally have a lot of plates and they can be had for 30-50 cents per pound.

22. What's your gym going to do with their equipment? Maybe you can get some of it for a deal.
    FINAFLEX REP

23. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    What's your gym going to do with their equipment? Maybe you can get some of it for a deal.
    No, he's keeping it all.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    No, he's keeping it all.
    Stingy bastard...
    FINAFLEX REP

25. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post

Stingy bastard...
    I agree, he's letting me have a log though.

26. Lol. I bet he is!
    FINAFLEX REP

27. So my wife found some place selling a bunch of plate weights about 40 minutes away that we are going to check out on Sunday. Says they sell for 60 to 70 cents per pound (depending on condition) but I might try to get them for about 50 if I can. Also, found a guy willing to sell 6 100# plates for 75 cents a pound (I might send him an email and try to get all 6 for 300), but I'm not sure I need any 100# plates.

Also, I called pro maxima today about the Texas Power Rack (sumo base, band pegs, 1000+# limit, pull-up bars) and they charge $570 for those (and I need 2), which isn't terrible for a quality rack. I might try to talk them down a little (although, I'm not sure they can do much that way). They also have a multi rack, that could work for both of us to use at the same time which might be cheaper (and maybe even more convenient). What say you guys? Two racks, or try to work out of 1 multi rack?

Link for multi so you can see what I mean: http://www.promaxima.com/fitness-equ...ulti-rack.html

Also, for those of you who already have your own gyms, how thick should I get the rubber flooring? Is 8mm going to be thick enough or do I need to get 3/8"? I plan to get enough to cover about half of the garage floor (parts not covered by the racks) to do DLs and most everything that isn't done in the rack, and want to have enough extra to add some extra padding to where I plan to do stones. Ideally, I'd want it to be thick enough that I can dump the log from overhead if I need to, but I also plan to get tires for that anyway.

28. Call me old fashioned Jim, but you could just get one rack, use the same bar, and do a bit of loading/ unloading between sets.

29. 3/4" horse stall mats should be pretty cheapo, Jim. Those will take a rhinoceros charge. Don't know what to say on the racks, I'd probably go with one.

EDIT: Also, what Ace said.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

30. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Call me old fashioned Jim, but you could just get one rack, use the same bar, and do a bit of loading/ unloading between sets.
    Squatting isn't the issue, it's mostly with me OHP while she bench presses that sounds like a pain in the ass.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM
  2. Prohormones to Become Schedule III Drugs
    By PsYoP78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
  3. A question about training to failure...
    By Gaf Knee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 10:23 PM
  4. Training to improve throws
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 01:42 AM
  5. what is to become of anabolicarchive?
    By dez/null in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 05:18 PM