Jim's Training to Become a Human Tank!

Page 3 of 51 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Nope. I used a SSB once back on Bragg. And I used a cambered about 5 months later when someone brought one to the gym. I can't remember which was harder (did squats and gms with both).
    You're in it for the long haul right? Just get whichever one and then get the other later.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

You're in it for the long haul right? Just get whichever one and then get the other later.
    Yeah, I figure I'll probably get the Power Bar first, and then begin accumulating other things as I can afford them.
    Last edited by jimbuick; 12-14-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    •   

3. Your plan in the intro sounds solid, Jim. In to see some SM action.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

4. Always late, damn it.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

5. Sitting down to eat some more chicken parmesan before heading to the gym. Planned to go earlier this morning while everyone else was gonna be there, but had to supervise my sister (Court order) until my mom showed up to relieve me and the wife.

So, I figured while I'm doing nothing I will give a general outline of what I intend my training days to look like.

At this point I have outlined what the intended rest times and how the days will wave throughout the weeks, so I'll just give a general guideline of what I intend to do every day.

Deadlift Day:

Main Movement
    Supplemental Movement (something similar to the main movement that addresses some type of weakness, volume will be dependent on the volume/intensity of the main movement)
    Posterior Chain/Vertical Pull/Upper Back
    Core (Lower Volume)

OHP:

Main Movement
    Supplemental Movement
    Chest/Shoulder/Tricep (High Volume)
    Horizontal Pull/Upper Back

Squat:

Main Movement
    Supplemental Movement
    Quad/Posterior Chain/Unilateral Lower
    Core

Body:

Bench Press (not necessarily flat, but always some variation of a bench press)
    Horizontal Pull
    Biceps/Calves

+ 2-3 exercises that address weaknesses
    •   

6. Looks like a good balanced plan there brof.ago

7. Good. Will there be a day b/ the DL and the OHP day?
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

8. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Good. Will there be a day b/ the DL and the OHP day?
    Yes.

It is either a conditioning or rest day.

There isn't one between OHP and Squat though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yes.

It is either a conditioning or rest day.

There isn't one between OHP and Squat though.
    No problem there, as I see it. And I was not suggesting that you needed a day, though that's a heavy load to carry without some time for recovery, increasing chances of injury and compromising your OHP.

Looks good.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

10. Went in and did a quick body session today, kept the rest periods short and got a pretty good pump.

Pre: Prime, Endosurge Turbo

CG Bench: 185 x 9 , +Stop 1" Above Chest 165 x 10, 175 x 6

Seated Band Row: Black x 8, Purple x 8, Purple + Black x 8 x 2

a1. Cross Body Hammer Curl: 40 x 8 x 2, 45 x 7
    a2. 1 Leg Calf Raise: 50 x 15 x 3

Leg Extensions: 140 x 15, 160 x 15

(Pause at the top, lower slowly to starting position)

Elevated Partial Pushups: BW x 20, BW x 15

(Pause at the bottom to get a stretch of the pecs, explode up to about 3/4 lockout)

Feeling pretty good today, weight is back to where it was pre meet (195), planning to break 200 by January.

11. Good idea using the band as a seated row. What size is your black? If I remember correctly, you have the Onyx ones, correct?
    [email protected]

12. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good idea using the band as a seated row. What size is your black? If I remember correctly, you have the Onyx ones, correct?
    I do, but I wasn't using mine.

The gym has 4 different "weights". Red, Light Black, Heavy black, and Purple. I was using the heavy black with the purple band.

13. 2 things:

1. Dafuq is going on with the PL section nowadays? People discouraging beginners from doing a meet because they don't have elite totals and ****.

2. Won my fantasy game (without Megatron even having played yet). Mostly because of Seattle's Defense and D-Jax. Headed to the Superbowl, already won $100 and if I win next week I'll win another $125.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    2 things:

1. Dafuq is going on with the PL section nowadays? People discouraging beginners from doing a meet because they don't have elite totals and ****.

2. Won my fantasy game (without Megatron even having played yet). Mostly because if Seattle's Defense and D-Jax. Headed to the Superbowl, already won $100 and if I win next week I'll win another $125.
    1) I haven't seen it happening, but if it is that sucks, man. That's a downer.

2) congrats
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    1) I haven't seen it happening, but if it is that sucks, man. That's a downer.

2) congrats
    Respectable numbers for a beginner.

16. Honestly, the thread is not bad. There's some good discussion going on there. The only thing I have to say is I agree with your statement about fueledpassion. He always seems to have something to say regarding any topic on Earth.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Honestly, the thread is not bad. There's some good discussion going on there. The only thing I have to say is I agree with your statement about fueledpassion. He always seems to have something to say regarding any topic on Earth.
    I agree, most of the thread isn't bad.

Just fueledpassion.

18. Weighing in at the gym today (this will be a Monday thing from this point forward).

Been sleeping pretty good recently, probably because of the L Dopa in Endosurge Turbo.

ME Deadlift today, pulling for a 4. Ideally, I want 3-4 different sets of 370 or more.

19. Go get em ****er
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

20. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Go get em ****er
    Bro, it's gonna be a good day.

21. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    ME Deadlift today, pulling for a 4. Ideally, I want 3-4 different sets of 370 or more.
    Pulling, it's not everything, it's the ONLY thing...! ;-)

22. My deadlift blows....teach me the way jimmy
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

23. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    My deadlift blows....teach me the way jimmy
    The way I understand it, you put weight on the bar and then pick it up. Sounds simple, but it's difficult for me too.

24. In Jim!! Let's break some records

25. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    My deadlift blows....teach me the way jimmy
    I'll be sure to point you in the right direction.

Right after my damn compass starts to work.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    The way I understand it, you put weight on the bar and then pick it up. Sounds simple, but it's difficult for me too.
    That is the trick, it seems. Try some ammonia, I hear that stuff fixes everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    In Jim!! Let's break some records
    Yeah! At every weight class from 220-308!

26. Workout Update, really just an all day update lol.

Woke up, went out and did some yard work, hadn't eaten and had to head to the gym (to make sure nobody was in there stealing ****). Had the wife get me some McDoubles (oh yeah, that happened). Ate my McDoubles at the gym, watched some of the guys I know walk the yoke around and stuff. Started training maybe 1.5 hours after eating. (the typical time period that I wait after eating to train).

Warmup: Not a lot, wasn't really feeling to tight or anything so I just started putting weight on the bar and picking it up

Pre: 1.5 Enhanced, Prime, Endosurge Turbo, Anabeta
    Intra: 4 Scoops Amino IV (finished the first two right after DLing, then mixed another two up)

Conventional DL: 365 x 4, 375 x 4, 385 x 3

I forgot how much harder it is to deadlift with these stiff as rogue bars as opposed to the TPB used in competition lol.

Sumo DL: 225 x 10, 255 x 10, 315 x 12

http://youtu.be/-xrDrbOEHaw

Big time Sumo PR with 315 x 12, the most I had ever done previously was 315 x 1 and I failed on the second rep. These felt good today (for the second time I've ever done them). And then.....I went outside and dry heaved for a few minutes before I finally vomited. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it but I absolutely HATE vomiting, I have literally never vomited from training until this day. Ever.

a1. BB Glute Bridge: 155 x 10 x 3
    a2. NG Pull-Up: BW x 8 x 2, BW x 4 (failed on the 5th)
    a3. Face Pulls: Red x 20, Black x 20, Black x 15

BB Roll Outs: BW x 10 x 2

Bodyweight today: 196.4. Back up to where I was before the PL Meet, time for the real gains to begin Time to start building some muscles (Arnold Voice)

Also, I expect to be very sore tomorrow when I go do conditioning work.

27. I feel ya on the vomiting. Sumo PRs all around here tho!

So..you're stupid amount of sumo reps out of no where..are you gonna invest some more time into sumo stance now?
    [email protected]
  28. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Pulling, it's not everything, it's the ONLY thing...! ;-)
    Amen to that

29. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I feel ya on the vomiting. Sumo PRs all around here tho!

So..you're stupid amount of sumo reps out of no where..are you gonna invest some more time into sumo stance now?
    It's not out of nowhere lol, all the coaching I do with my wifes sumo DL has made me much more technically proficient with it. (still not great, but obviously better than before lol)

I had always intended to begin doing both fairly equally, mostly because getting stronger at one should carry over to the other.

Chris told me to quit ****ing around when I only had 255 on there and it was stupid easy, so instead of the planned 275 I went straight to 315.

30. Awesome work man. Strong pulling. Nice rep PR and it is awesome and sucks you puked haha
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM
  2. Prohormones to Become Schedule III Drugs
    By PsYoP78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
  3. A question about training to failure...
    By Gaf Knee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 10:23 PM
  4. Training to improve throws
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 01:42 AM
  5. what is to become of anabolicarchive?
    By dez/null in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 05:18 PM