Restarting - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Restarting

Page 3 of 40 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    I'm not really intent on any set idea other than "does it work for me". So what would my target fat and protein numbers need to go to??
    you have a lot of options
    hi protein + @2500cals total would be great starting points -- provided you are working out regularly
    there are a multitude of "formulas" you can use to break it down into your macro splits, i'll steer clear of advising finite #s
    just keep in mind: if carbs are low, then fats can be moderate to high..
    conversely, if fats low, then you will want carbs a little bit moderate to higher
    I'd like to see protein for you in the 250-300g range..other than that, you have some options
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com

2. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you have a lot of options hi protein + @2500cals total would be great starting points -- provided you are working out regularly there are a multitude of "formulas" you can use to break it down into your macro splits, i'll steer clear of advising finite #s just keep in mind: if carbs are low, then fats can be moderate to high.. conversely, if fats low, then you will want carbs a little bit moderate to higher I'd like to see protein for you in the 250-300g range..other than that, you have some options
    Well I work out rigorously 6 days a week. And Dave has been telling me for the past three days I'm not eating enough. He also says that u are the diet guru so I'll retune my diet over the next couple days posting in depth meal by meal numbers and see if I get my intake up to par
  3. Senior Member

I do have a question. With the way I've been dieting I have been loosing fat and gaining muscle. By increasing my food intake will I notice a bigger impact in either loss or gains or both still??
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I do have a question. With the way I've been dieting I have been loosing fat and gaining muscle. By increasing my food intake will I notice a bigger impact in either loss or gains or both still??
    while initially you may noticed slower fat-loss, think of this more in the long-term aspect, and continued sustainability of fat-loss/recomp

more cals initially may mean slightly slower fat-loss, but the trade-off will be increased ability to gain/hold muscle
    more importantly: this will allow you room to maneuver cals downward as you go along, when metabolism begins to adapt to lowered cal intake
    when you start off with extremely low cals, not only do you sacrifice muscle retention ability in the long-term, you also set yourself up for hitting metabolic wall rather quickly once you adapt, and thus cals being too low to begin with would allow you nowhere to drop those cals lower to continue fat-loss maneuvers

then, you are in a world of hurt..not only have you sacrificed muscle for your efforts, but you have compromised your ability to lose fat as well
    this leads to the dreaded "skinny-fat" physiques you see
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    That sucks. Feel better. Have Dave make you some soup. :-)
    Or Dave could give him a massage, I hear he's into that sort of thing, well he must be he does do crossfit after all
  6. Senior Member

Boom. Starting fresh today. I wouldn't say reinventing the wheel but maybe turning bias ply into radial lol. Started the 5x5 today. Surprisingly I dig it a lot. Was lifting much heavier than I anticipated. Now throughout the day I will retune my eating. Since it's Monday and I'm starting new I'm gonna work in some pics and measurements to help track my progress. Posts soon to follow.
  7. Senior Member

Measurements:
    Neck: 15 3/4
    Arms: 15 1/2
    Stomach: 41

Weight:196.6.

All measurements post gym 90 mins.
  8. Senior Member

Another thing I'd like to add.... This stimul8. Holy Crap man. I feel like there's a decathlon somewhere missing a competitor. And that's after my workout. Hands down the best pre I've taken. Thanks brosef
  9. Senior Member

Well halfway through the day. Still adjusting my diet to get it right. Working on loading pics. If it's not all up today it will be tomorrow.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So far so good man! Glad to hear the 5x5 is working out for ya
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Another thing I'd like to add.... This stimul8. Holy Crap man. I feel like there's a decathlon somewhere missing a competitor. And that's after my workout. Hands down the best pre I've taken. Thanks brosef
    Love stimul8. It's def my new favorite pre.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

I don't know what a decathlon is, but it sounds challenging.
    You're welcome, and Merry Christmas.
  13. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I don't know what a decathlon is, but it sounds challenging. You're welcome, and Merry Christmas.
    It's like I need an English 101 refresher just to post stuff in here.
  14. Senior Member

Thankfully autocorrect catches most mistakes. Otherwise id stay looking dumb. Stupid electronics lol.
  15. Senior Member

Diet adjustments continuing today. Tried loading pics from my iPod and a camera. Fails every time. Stupid technology. I'll keep at it and hopefully stick them up there. Continued with the 5x5 today. Gotta reiterate on how much a like it. Change is good even though I was doubtful at first. Thanks for all the incoming tips and advice everyone
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Stupid electronics.
    Stupid technology.
    a man after my own heart
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Name:  image-1656458034.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  46.7 KB

Name:  image-2620018138.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB

Name:  image-1622455511.jpg
Size:  52.8 KB

Starting pics.
  18. Senior Member

Meal plan:
    Grapefruit when I hit the floor
    Cal 82 F0 C20 P0

Pre gym shake
    Cal 619 F37 C58 P 80

Post gym shake
    Cal 310 F12 C18 P32

Breakfast
    Cal. 406 F10 C24 P39

Lunch
    Cal 496 F 15 C30 P50

Shake
    Cal 310 F 12 C18 P32

Dinner
    Cal 297 F13 C0 P 40

Bedtime shake
    Cal 300 F 3 C8 P 60

Grand totals
    Cal 2820 F 116 C176 P333
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

mmm that's a tad high -- esp the fat amount
    and ESP that preWO shake .. what is the purpose of this?

if you are going to have a pre shake, I would slim it down immensely, lower the carbs and the fats (a lot), and place more carbs & fat at breakfast following training (move the grapefruit there as well)

what is this zero carbs for dinner?
    I understand the concept of dwindling carb intake as the day goes on, but dinner is not where you want zero carbs ingested

let's reorganize, and get totals down to 2500 cals/150-200g carbs/75g fats at most
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

mmm that's a tad high -- esp the fat amount and ESP that preWO shake .. what is the purpose of this? if you are going to have a pre shake, I would slim it down immensely, lower the carbs and the fats (a lot), and place more carbs & fat at breakfast following training (move the grapefruit there as well) what is this zero carbs for dinner? I understand the concept of dwindling carb intake as the day goes on, but dinner is not where you want zero carbs ingested let's reorganize, and get totals down to 2500 cals/150-200g carbs/75g fats at most
    ^^^post of the day right here
  21. Senior Member

[QUOTE="snagencyV2.0;4272371"]mmm that's a tad high -- esp the fat amount and ESP that preWO shake .. what is the purpose of this? if you are going to have a pre shake, I would slim it down immensely, lower the carbs and the fats (a lot), and place more carbs & fat at breakfast following training (move the grapefruit there as well) what is this zero carbs for dinner? I understand the concept of dwindling carb intake as the day goes on, but dinner is not where you want zero carbs ingested let's reorganize, and get totals down to 2500 cals/150-200g carbs/75g fats at most[/QUOTEi

Sweet. Glad u noted so many adjustments. Had no clue my eating was that far off. I'll continue refiguring today and tomorrow with the corrected numbers to follow tomorrow.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

mmm that's a tad high -- esp the fat amount and ESP that preWO shake .. what is the purpose of this? if you are going to have a pre shake, I would slim it down immensely, lower the carbs and the fats (a lot), and place more carbs & fat at breakfast following training (move the grapefruit there as well) what is this zero carbs for dinner? I understand the concept of dwindling carb intake as the day goes on, but dinner is not where you want zero carbs ingested let's reorganize, and get totals down to 2500 cals/150-200g carbs/75g fats at most
    Funny, I was just texting him the same exact advice. Wonder where I would have come up with that line of thinking?

Edit: I was trying to bring him down to 2600 though...
  23. Senior Member

One set of small adjustments that will follow over the next few days will be the dropping of fats and carbs on all shakes. I'm finishing off a tub of muscle milk then switching back to on. I'll make sure to note those changes with the switch.
  24. Senior Member

Got dinner tuned to a better note thanks to the advice. Gonna readjust the rest throughout the day tomorrow with new macros / meal plan posted by dinner tomorrow
  25. Senior Member

Meal plan revised as promised. Not gonna repost everything but I did make all adjustments that were noted.

Grapefruit moved to breakfast

Pre gym shake changed to
    Cal 473
    F 14
    C 27
    P 59

Dinner changed to
    Cal 382
    F 14
    C 17
    P 44

With all changes major and minor grand totals at
    Cal 2520
    F 80
    C 150
    P 315

As I stated yesterday I will be switching protein this week and I'll numbers will fall to target
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cals and macros look good to me.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

changes look good, not too shabby at all
    getting finite, I would still make the preWO shake a bit smaller, reduce mostly fat content (neighborhood of 75cals or so)
    move those cals to dinner instead
  28. Senior Member

changes look good, not too shabby at all getting finite, I would still make the preWO shake a bit smaller, reduce mostly fat content (neighborhood of 75cals or so) move those cals to dinner instead
    Well when I change protein shake mix this week I'll be losing 36g fat daily. I can toss two hard boiled eggs onto my dinner plate. Raise cals and protein and still keep total fat under 75.
  29. Senior Member

With this selection of Finaflex products I've been afforded the opportunity to enjoy the quality comes at no second guesses. But right now I wanna thank the overlooked packaging guy. I just dropped an entire tub of bcaa/saa into a sink full of water. Not one spec of h2o made it in the tub. Thanks guy. Lol
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

With this selection of Finaflex products I've been afforded the opportunity to enjoy the quality comes at no second guesses. But right now I wanna thank the overlooked packaging guy. I just dropped an entire tub of bcaa/saa into a sink full of water. Not one spec of h2o made it in the tub. Thanks guy. Lol
    I've never had a bad experience with FF supps, although, there is no doubt that stimul8 is a little too strong for little old me.
  31. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I've never had a bad experience with FF supps, although, there is no doubt that stimul8 is a little too strong for little old me.
    Oh for sure. But I love stimul8. I was in no way down playing ff stuff. Just saying I'm an idiot for dropping it in my sink and thankfully the lid kept it dry
  32. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Oh for sure. But I love stimul8. I was in no way down playing ff stuff.
    I know, I was just agreeing with you.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Oh for sure. I'm an idiot
    I know, I was just agreeing with you.
    what a nice friendly exchange
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

what a nice friendly exchange
    lmao
  35. Senior Member

F$&k. This website makes me feel retarded
  36. Senior Member

I keep seeing g8 for sleep on lots if posts. What exactly is this??
  37. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I keep seeing g8 for sleep on lots if posts. What exactly is this??
    G8 is FFs sleep supplement.

I tried the old flavor system, worked great but tasted like dirt. I hear they've fixed that though.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

G8 is FFs sleep supplement.

I tried the old flavor system, worked great but tasted like dirt. I hear they've fixed that though.
    The new stuff tastes great.
  39. Senior Member

Well workout and diet have received a full makeover. Thanks to the tips and everybody's advice. I'm feeling great about the changes ahead. With the trend of fresh starts I've been collectively adding key pieces of home gym equipment. Currently I have some powerblock adj dumbells , a trx suspension trainer, medicine ball , kettle bell , some resistance bands , and this thing called the rack that I absolutely love. I also have a foam roller and lacrosse ball for mobility/stretching drills. Any advice on a must have addition that I'm missing??
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Well workout and diet have received a full makeover. Thanks to the tips and everybody's advice. I'm feeling great about the changes ahead. With the trend of fresh starts I've been collectively adding key pieces of home gym equipment. Currently I have some powerblock adj dumbells , a trx suspension trainer, medicine ball , kettle bell , some resistance bands , and this thing called the rack that I absolutely love. I also have a foam roller and lacrosse ball for mobility/stretching drills. Any advice on a must have addition that I'm missing??
    Muscles.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. a restart to a restart
    By kingivan in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 11:54 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 06:04 AM
  3. Total Test 159 - Restarting HPTA hard..
    By crazydoc1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 02:35 PM
  4. HPTA Restart Abstract---
    By crazydoc1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 02:28 PM
  5. Restarting of T Heat....
    By JblazeGirlie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 10:18 AM