Restarting

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well I used to be in excellent shape. Was a paratrooper in the us army. Then got hurt. Then got out. Then had a child. Now I'm a fat turd lol. With the advice and motivation of a close friend I'm getting the gain train back in track. At 5'8" x roughly 200 lbs , and 23-25% body fat I'm gonna log my diet , routine , and all various forms of progress. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. More to come...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And this is the part where I sub. Here to follow and offer what I can.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
One post and some homo is stalking me lol

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Thanks brother. I'll need all the help I can get

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
If your just getting back to the gym my advice would be to go easy the first 2-3 weeks and work your way back to shape slow. If you try to do to much to soon you'll either get hurt or discouraged. After that though it should be easy to motivate yourself back into the gym, no sense in wasting those weeks back in just to quit lol.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
And I agree totally. I've been easing back in gradually for the past few weeks doing what I call "platforming" just to get back into the shape I considered a good point to start training hard like I used too. But there's been no heavy lifting. Just high paced , high intensity lifting with the idea of keeping motivation and desire. Plus my body isn't in the best condition due to injury in the past few years. Which I feel has helped make me a better lifter in just the short time I've been back at it. Me and my boy who remotivated me came to the conclusion that smart and strong is better than dumb and tough.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
One distinct advantage I do have to getting back into shape and lifting again is my boy I started training with years ago in Iraq never gave it up. He's one of the fittest dudes I know and reps with a supp company. He hooked me up with a 30 day supply of pretty much everything I need to get started again. It was a sweet little combo of everything u could ask for to get started. And I take his advice to be gospel most of the time lol. So I'm gonna stick to the supps he knows are legit and recommends. I'll have a full list of my supp regiment soon.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One distinct advantage I do have to getting back into shape and lifting again is my boy I started training with years ago in Iraq never gave it up. He's one of the fittest dudes I know and reps with a supp company. He hooked me up with a 30 day supply of pretty much everything I need to get started again. It was a sweet little combo of everything u could ask for to get started. And I take his advice to be gospel most of the time lol. So I'm gonna stick to the supps he knows are legit and recommends. I'll have a full list of my supp regiment soon.
Don't listen to Dave, I heard he doesn't even lift.

:biglaugh:

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st..

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
So my supp list is as follows :
Finaflex ; active multi
Alc/cla
Creatrona
Stimul 8
Bcaa/saa
And my protein is casein and whey from on

I will post more descriptive intake/consumption plan in conjunction with my meal regiment that will be posted in full detail tomorrow.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I'm not totally positive he works out either but we have lived together. A couple times. And I do know for sure that he is an avid YouTube expert. I think that's where most of his stuff comes from. Plus these days it's super easy to cut and paste anyone's advice off the internet. Especially when it's not trade marked lol

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Everyone that's hopping on the help bandwagon from Dave's link it's greatly appreciated fellas

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Every body that's hopping on the help me out band wagon from Dave's link it's greatly appreciated fellas

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't listen to Dave, I heard he doesn't even lift. :biglaugh:
I don't. I'm actually an overweight 63 year old woman who likes cheesecake and pretends I'm a dude. No biggie, deal with it.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I don't. I'm actually an overweight 63 year old woman who likes cheesecake and pretends I'm a dude. No biggie, deal with it.
Deal with it hell... I love cheesecake. U need a date this weekend??

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I can confirm this^^^^. We had lunch together, creepy old dude lol

I'm subbed as well. Very glad to see your getting back into it. I can totally relate to where and how you're starting. Here to help. I made this sane journey a couple short years ago

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I heard there were cheeseburgers? Am I in the right place?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'm in to follow along bro. I'm sure with troop guiding you you'll be back in shape in no time!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the elderly cheesecake fight!

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Ok so throughout today I'll get my meal plan posted. A lot of stuff has been taken out of the original container for space/ keeping in the fridge etc so some of the macros will be posted after my next grocery day. But this is my typical morning:
As soon as I hit the floor it's a grapefruit and my daily dose of Finaflex active multi.

About 2hrs after that is my morning shake:
2scoops protein
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup egg whites
8 oz almond milk
4oz water
2tbsp almond butter
1/4 steel cut oats

About an hour after that I prep my gym shakes and head out:
Pre- 1 scoop Finaflex creatrona
1 scoop Finaflex stimul8
1 scoop Finaflex bcaa/saa

Intra- 1 scoop Finaflex bcaa/saa

Post- 2 scoops protein

Other than my first shake of the day getting 8 oz almond milk and other shakes/drinks are made with only water.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Ok so throughout today I'll get my meal plan posted. A lot of stuff has been taken out of the original container for space/ keeping in the fridge etc so some of the macros will be posted after my next grocery day. But this is my typical morning: As soon as I hit the floor it's a grapefruit and my daily dose of Finaflex active multi. About 2hrs after that is my morning shake: 2scoops protein 1/2 cup Greek yogurt 1/2 cup egg whites 8 oz almond milk 4oz water 2tbsp almond butter 1/4 steel cut oats About an hour after that I prep my gym shakes and head out: Pre- 1 scoop Finaflex creatrona 1 scoop Finaflex stimul8 1 scoop Finaflex bcaa/saa Intra- 1 scoop Finaflex bcaa/saa Post- 2 scoops protein Other than my first shake of the day getting 8 oz almond milk and other shakes/drinks are made with only water.
All other shakes/drinks. Not and other shakes/drinks

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed...friend of ipara is a friend of mine

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
After my morning gym routine as soon as I get home I consume :
1 hard boiled egg
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with
1/4 cup TVP

My first serving if Finaflex ALC/ CLA.

Approximately 1 1/2-2 hrs after that I have a sandwhich:
2 pieces Ezekiel bread. 3 oz 99% fat free turkey
1 hard boiled egg
1 pickle.

Approximately 1 1/2-2 hrs I eat again. Large bowl of salad. Mixed with:
3 oz 99% fat free chicken breast
1/4 cup TVP
And 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack almond cheese
2 tbsp fat free French dressing.

An hour later another protein shake and my second serving of ALC/CLA

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
par for the course around here rumor has it he does that gay crossfit stuff in to watch and lend internet vibe support
Thanks. I'll take all the support I can get. Yup Dave and his cross dressing...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wanted to be his friend, but I was too loose. The army didn't allow it at the time, but I really wanted him to massage my hemorrhoids. Lol.
This is information that I wasn't aware of. Weird that it comes out now.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
This is information that I wasn't aware of. Weird that it comes out now.
How dare u sir. U were clearly aware. I still have vivid memories of u trying to whisper in my ear on all those cold mornings in our chu in Iraq.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
So my meals continue ... About an hour after my previous shake it's another round of my cottage cheese meal from earlier in the day.

2 hrs from that is dinner. Which is also my final dose of alc/claWith the same size salad as before but with 8 oz of meat. To break up the routine I rotate chicken/tuna/turkey in instead of the same meal day in and day out.

That pretty much rounds out my meal plan. Was gonna hit the grocery store today but had to pass until tomorrow so I can get 100% accurate macros. One thing I feel needs to be made clear though is this plan is my desired regiment. I follow it daily as close as possible. I'm married with a family and on and avg family budget. Sometimes I have to adjust and eat accordingly. I do my best to toe the line but hungry I don't do. Also with that said even when I deviate I stay clear of anything fried , breaded or sweatened.

Oh I forgot before bed I have a two scoop casein protein shake. If it ain't protein or water I prolly pass on drinking it. When I do spice up my water lol it's carb and calorie free.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
My next area of focus is my workout plan. Before I get into it completely I wanna shoot a quick run down of a few things. Body condition... A few years ago a fell off my bicycle while I was riding in a marathon for charity. And when I fell it somehow destroyed my vagina. It was so detrimental when the docs tried fixing it this was the final run down of problems...
Both bones in right fore arm broken. Reduced , resectioned and bolted back together 3/4 of an inch shorter than my other arm.

A bunch of surgeries on my stomach where the split me from sternum to pelvic bone completely cutting through my abdominal wall.

A broken foot from my small toe all the way back to my ankle

Degenerative spinal arthritis/disc disease/ sciatica.

There were some other small injuries but none that affect my lifting abilities other than those. Not looking to sell a sob story but give a general display of why I lift how I do. My body just can't handle certain weight in certain lifts regardless of my ego and muscles telling me it can. Being plagued with problems has taught me that smarter= stronger. With that said I adjust sets and weight accordingly. When I know I need to drop weights I increase reps and sets.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Lift regiment:
Mon: chest
Tues: bis
Wed:shoulders
Thurs: back
Fri: tris
Sat: legs and carries

I do 30 mins of cardio mon ,wed , fri
Abs tue , thurs, sat
1 set pull-ups every day before I lift. (10)

I have resistance bands , a kettle bell/medicine ball, and some dumbells I use at home too when I'm bored.

This is my set structure
10x10
3x10
4x12
5x10
4x12
5x10
3x15
I rest for 20 seconds between sets.

napalm

napalm

Awards
That's a lot of sets, over 200 reps. Too much IMO.

Have you thought of doing an established program?

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
That's a lot of sets, over 200 reps. Too much IMO. Have you thought of doing an established program?
By established do u mean a routine someone else designed?? I'm up for any and all suggestions man. I just do that now. If u think I should change to see better results throw it on me. That was what I considered my platform routine that I been doing for the past couple weeks to get some basic conditioning back. All those sets are light to moderate weight. Nothing id consider heavy lifting.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
By established do u mean a routine someone else designed?? I'm up for any and all suggestions man. I just do that now. If u think I should change to see better results throw it on me. That was what I considered my platform routine that I been doing for the past couple weeks to get some basic conditioning back. All those sets are light to moderate weight. Nothing id consider heavy lifting.
There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm

napalm

napalm

Awards
Well, most of us are doing the cube or some variation of 531, or a combination of the two. And there's always Dave and the crazy shyt he does. Even though these are powerlifting based programs, they are easily tailored with the assistance you choose to meet pretty much any goal you have. They're all based on the squat, bench, deadlift and ohp's.

Spend some time reading up on the stuff by Jim wendler, Brandon Lilly, chad Wesley smith, etc.

Me, I'm kind of partial to wendler...

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
My question is the 5x5 is more designed as a heavy lifting/mass gaining routine?? Right now I'm trying to cut down as well as gain. And with the 5x5 routine I'm not positive my body is completely ready for heavy lifting. Do u think 5x5 is an effective plan using only moderate weight??

napalm

napalm

Awards
My question is the 5x5 is more designed as a heavy lifting/mass gaining routine?? Right now I'm trying to cut down as well as gain. And with the 5x5 routine I'm not positive my body is completely ready for heavy lifting. Do u think 5x5 is an effective plan using only moderate weight??
5x5's are fine, again, they're easily tailored to meet your goals with the assistance you choose.

I did madcows 5x5 for about a year.

It's better in most cases to have some structure when training.

Progress is easily measured by 'is the bar going up?'

napalm

napalm

Awards
And if diet is in check, fat will come off doing any of these programs...

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
And if diet is in check, fat will come off doing any of these programs...
Well I will research the names u tossed in. Check the program I like best and run with it for the next... 4 weeks?? Or 6 a better judgment cycle on personal progress?? And I agree with the fat loss. From a ton of tips from Dave I've lost nearly 25lbs in the past 2-21/2 months. But advice is why I'm here so 5x5 here I come

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
Thanks for the link. I do like that routine. Got a few more I wanna scope before I pick a definitive plan. But the helps greatly appreciated

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Tomorrow imma try and get all of my daily meal macros posted. Along with that some pics to track progress. Also gonna toss up measurements of neck/arms/waist