Restarting

Page 2 of 52 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    By established do u mean a routine someone else designed?? I'm up for any and all suggestions man. I just do that now. If u think I should change to see better results throw it on me. That was what I considered my platform routine that I been doing for the past couple weeks to get some basic conditioning back. All those sets are light to moderate weight. Nothing id consider heavy lifting.
    There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to.

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html


  2. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    By established do u mean a routine someone else designed?? I'm up for any and all suggestions man. I just do that now. If u think I should change to see better results throw it on me. That was what I considered my platform routine that I been doing for the past couple weeks to get some basic conditioning back. All those sets are light to moderate weight. Nothing id consider heavy lifting.
    Well, most of us are doing the cube or some variation of 531, or a combination of the two. And there's always Dave and the crazy shyt he does. Even though these are powerlifting based programs, they are easily tailored with the assistance you choose to meet pretty much any goal you have. They're all based on the squat, bench, deadlift and ohp's.

    Spend some time reading up on the stuff by Jim wendler, Brandon Lilly, chad Wesley smith, etc.

    Me, I'm kind of partial to wendler...

  3. Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
    My question is the 5x5 is more designed as a heavy lifting/mass gaining routine?? Right now I'm trying to cut down as well as gain. And with the 5x5 routine I'm not positive my body is completely ready for heavy lifting. Do u think 5x5 is an effective plan using only moderate weight??
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    My question is the 5x5 is more designed as a heavy lifting/mass gaining routine?? Right now I'm trying to cut down as well as gain. And with the 5x5 routine I'm not positive my body is completely ready for heavy lifting. Do u think 5x5 is an effective plan using only moderate weight??
    5x5's are fine, again, they're easily tailored to meet your goals with the assistance you choose.

    I did madcows 5x5 for about a year.

    It's better in most cases to have some structure when training.

    Progress is easily measured by 'is the bar going up?'

  5. And if diet is in check, fat will come off doing any of these programs...

  6. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    And if diet is in check, fat will come off doing any of these programs...
    Well I will research the names u tossed in. Check the program I like best and run with it for the next... 4 weeks?? Or 6 a better judgment cycle on personal progress?? And I agree with the fat loss. From a ton of tips from Dave I've lost nearly 25lbs in the past 2-21/2 months. But advice is why I'm here so 5x5 here I come

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
    Thanks for the link. I do like that routine. Got a few more I wanna scope before I pick a definitive plan. But the helps greatly appreciated

  8. Think long term...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Think long term...
    Got it. I'll have a routine picked by Monday for a fresh start.

  10. Tomorrow imma try and get all of my daily meal macros posted. Along with that some pics to track progress. Also gonna toss up measurements of neck/arms/waist

  11. Like napalm said you can always tweak it to suite your needs even if you are using lighter weight and higher reps. I just threw it out there because it is well rounded and something I'm looking to start next week. Definitely look around there is plenty out there and you may find something better for you.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

  12. I don't have any advice, but good luck in your fitness goals.
    Squats do a booty good.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I don't have any advice, but good luck in your fitness goals.
    who is this gokix?

  14. Ditto another one for Napalm's posts.

    Who is this gokix?
    Another heavy lifter, & who is much younger than me...!!!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I don't have any advice, but good luck in your fitness goals.
    Any advice or not I appreciate the support. A little extra motivation from another set of watching eyes is always helpful

  16. Woke up today dick as a dog. Postings will continue tomorrow

  17. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Woke up today dick as a dog. Postings will continue tomorrow
    Wow you must be feeling miserable to be referring to it as a dick of a dog.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post

    How dare u sir. U were clearly aware. I still have vivid memories of u trying to whisper in my ear on all those cold mornings in our chu in Iraq.
    In for finding out what really happens in the army barracks.

    Subbed for the laughs but more importantly the transformation. Get it done brother.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Wow you must be feeling miserable to be referring to it as a dick of a dog.
    was a first for me too
    I mean I've heard hair of the dog before, sick as dog, doggone it, doggystyle, doggcrap.....but never dick of dog

  20. Fml...lol. Yes I feel horrible. Sick as a dog. Guess imma start reading everything more closely before clicking send

  21. Wait, dick as a dog could be code for he's just walking around w a boner...eww...

  22. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Wait, dick as a dog could be code for he's just walking around w a boner...eww...
    Or maybe he's just carrying lipstick around.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Or maybe he's just carrying lipstick around.
    I thought that was a given...

  24. Nice to see everybody so actively involved. I make a comment about vagina and not one person replied. A typo and dick makes it onto my posting and everybody got jokes like its open mic night up in this joint. Lmfao.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Nice to see everybody so actively involved. I make a comment about vagina and not one person replied. A typo and dick makes it onto my posting and everybody got jokes like its open mic night up in this joint. Lmfao.
    Welcome to AM
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  26. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    I make a comment about vagina and not one person replied..
    I thought that was a given too...

  27. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Nice to see everybody so actively involved. I make a comment about vagina and not one person replied. A typo and dick makes it onto my posting and everybody got jokes like its open mic night up in this joint. Lmfao.
    Welcome to gaybolic minds.com
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  28. Still sick. Hoping to make it back to the gym tomorrow.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Still sick. Hoping to make it back to the gym tomorrow.
    Gym will make you feel better. It's proven science from the brothers
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  30. That sucks. Feel better. Have Dave make you some soup. :-)
    Squats do a booty good.

  31. Lol if it's anything above the neck then you can do some light cardio without hurting yourself. If your having chest congestion or any other symptoms below the neck then don't bother with the gym. Hope you feel better soon man. I'm going to start that 5x5 today.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

  32. Here's the self diagnosis sinus and chest congestion. Started coughing up a lil blood today. Thinking bronchitis. Gonna tough the storm out till tomorrow. Unless I'm dead I'll be in the gym.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Here's the self diagnosis sinus and chest congestion. Started coughing up a lil blood today. Thinking bronchitis. Gonna tough the storm out till tomorrow. Unless I'm dead I'll be in the gym.
    Blood huh......yeah might wanna get that checked out.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Blood huh......yeah might wanna get that checked out.
    Yeah imma give it till tomorrow. It was just a tiny amount. I think it'll be fine. If I'm still coughing it up tomorrow doc it is.

  35. Oh yeah... Climbing the recovery mountain. Not a 100% but I'm still calling it a victory. Macros posted today as promised. Getting groceries now then I'll have them up

  36. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Oh yeah... Climbing the recovery mountain. Not a 100% but I'm still calling it a victory. Macros posted today as promised. Getting groceries now then I'll have them up

    Nice man. I myself am just getting over being sick. Not nearly as bad as it seemed for you though.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Nice man. I myself am just getting over being sick. Not nearly as bad as it seemed for you though.
    It wasn't to bad. I'm still breathing. Got up this morning and had a warm glass of badgers milk , changed my tampon , and realized I was feeling better lol

  38. Ok as promised my macros. So I'm trying to keep calories between 1900-2100. That break down gives me :
    Fat 38-40
    Carb 1-115
    Pro 225-250

    Now these numbers fluctuate some just because I don't always have the financial luxury of always eating what I want exactly when I want. But I will say if I stray it isn't by much or very often. I'm super dedicated to getting back on top of my game and I feel diet is the core to successfully doing so. If u guys feel those numbers need adjusted or really need to see them broken down meal by meal for better eval let me know. I just hate typing.

  39. cal intake wayyy too low
    you will run into metabolic wall very quickly, with nowhere to go for reduction of cals
    if you are intent on keeping carbs low, then bump up fats + increase protein
    if you bring the carbs up a bit, then still bring up fats some and protein as well

  40. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    cal intake wayyy too low you will run into metabolic wall very quickly, with nowhere to go for reduction of cals if you are intent on keeping carbs low, then bump up fats + increase protein if you bring the carbs up a bit, then still bring up fats some and protein as well
    I'm not really intent on any set idea other than "does it work for me". So what would my target fat and protein numbers need to go to??
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. a restart to a restart
    By kingivan in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 12:54 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 07:04 AM
  3. Total Test 159 - Restarting HPTA hard..
    By crazydoc1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 03:35 PM
  4. HPTA Restart Abstract---
    By crazydoc1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 03:28 PM
  5. Restarting of T Heat....
    By JblazeGirlie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Log in
Log in