Restarting

Page 2 of 77 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    par for the course around here rumor has it he does that gay crossfit stuff in to watch and lend internet vibe support
    Thanks. I'll take all the support I can get. Yup Dave and his cross dressing...

2. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Thanks. I'll take all the support I can get. Yup Dave and his cross dressing...
    No no cross fit... Maybe I was right at first.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    No no cross fit... Maybe I was right at first.
    He did claim to be a fat 63 year old woman just yesterday

4. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    I wanted to be his friend, but I was too loose. The army didn't allow it at the time, but I really wanted him to massage my hemorrhoids. Lol.
    This is information that I wasn't aware of. Weird that it comes out now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    This is information that I wasn't aware of. Weird that it comes out now.
    How dare u sir. U were clearly aware. I still have vivid memories of u trying to whisper in my ear on all those cold mornings in our chu in Iraq.

6. So my meals continue ... About an hour after my previous shake it's another round of my cottage cheese meal from earlier in the day.

2 hrs from that is dinner. Which is also my final dose of alc/claWith the same size salad as before but with 8 oz of meat. To break up the routine I rotate chicken/tuna/turkey in instead of the same meal day in and day out.

That pretty much rounds out my meal plan. Was gonna hit the grocery store today but had to pass until tomorrow so I can get 100% accurate macros. One thing I feel needs to be made clear though is this plan is my desired regiment. I follow it daily as close as possible. I'm married with a family and on and avg family budget. Sometimes I have to adjust and eat accordingly. I do my best to toe the line but hungry I don't do. Also with that said even when I deviate I stay clear of anything fried , breaded or sweatened.

Oh I forgot before bed I have a two scoop casein protein shake. If it ain't protein or water I prolly pass on drinking it. When I do spice up my water lol it's carb and calorie free.

7. My next area of focus is my workout plan. Before I get into it completely I wanna shoot a quick run down of a few things. Body condition... A few years ago a fell off my bicycle while I was riding in a marathon for charity. And when I fell it somehow destroyed my vagina. It was so detrimental when the docs tried fixing it this was the final run down of problems...
    Both bones in right fore arm broken. Reduced , resectioned and bolted back together 3/4 of an inch shorter than my other arm.

A bunch of surgeries on my stomach where the split me from sternum to pelvic bone completely cutting through my abdominal wall.

A broken foot from my small toe all the way back to my ankle

Degenerative spinal arthritis/disc disease/ sciatica.

There were some other small injuries but none that affect my lifting abilities other than those. Not looking to sell a sob story but give a general display of why I lift how I do. My body just can't handle certain weight in certain lifts regardless of my ego and muscles telling me it can. Being plagued with problems has taught me that smarter= stronger. With that said I adjust sets and weight accordingly. When I know I need to drop weights I increase reps and sets.

8. Lift regiment:
    Mon: chest
    Tues: bis
    Wed:shoulders
    Thurs: back
    Fri: tris
    Sat: legs and carries

I do 30 mins of cardio mon ,wed , fri
    Abs tue , thurs, sat
    1 set pull-ups every day before I lift. (10)

I have resistance bands , a kettle bell/medicine ball, and some dumbells I use at home too when I'm bored.

This is my set structure
    10x10
    3x10
    4x12
    5x10
    4x12
    5x10
    3x15
    I rest for 20 seconds between sets.

9. That's a lot of sets, over 200 reps. Too much IMO.

Have you thought of doing an established program?

10. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    That's a lot of sets, over 200 reps. Too much IMO. Have you thought of doing an established program?
    By established do u mean a routine someone else designed?? I'm up for any and all suggestions man. I just do that now. If u think I should change to see better results throw it on me. That was what I considered my platform routine that I been doing for the past couple weeks to get some basic conditioning back. All those sets are light to moderate weight. Nothing id consider heavy lifting.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    By established do u mean a routine someone else designed?? I'm up for any and all suggestions man. I just do that now. If u think I should change to see better results throw it on me. That was what I considered my platform routine that I been doing for the past couple weeks to get some basic conditioning back. All those sets are light to moderate weight. Nothing id consider heavy lifting.
    There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Well, most of us are doing the cube or some variation of 531, or a combination of the two. And there's always Dave and the crazy shyt he does. Even though these are powerlifting based programs, they are easily tailored with the assistance you choose to meet pretty much any goal you have. They're all based on the squat, bench, deadlift and ohp's.

Spend some time reading up on the stuff by Jim wendler, Brandon Lilly, chad Wesley smith, etc.

Me, I'm kind of partial to wendler...

13. Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
    My question is the 5x5 is more designed as a heavy lifting/mass gaining routine?? Right now I'm trying to cut down as well as gain. And with the 5x5 routine I'm not positive my body is completely ready for heavy lifting. Do u think 5x5 is an effective plan using only moderate weight??

14. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    My question is the 5x5 is more designed as a heavy lifting/mass gaining routine?? Right now I'm trying to cut down as well as gain. And with the 5x5 routine I'm not positive my body is completely ready for heavy lifting. Do u think 5x5 is an effective plan using only moderate weight??
    5x5's are fine, again, they're easily tailored to meet your goals with the assistance you choose.

I did madcows 5x5 for about a year.

It's better in most cases to have some structure when training.

Progress is easily measured by 'is the bar going up?'

15. And if diet is in check, fat will come off doing any of these programs...

16. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    And if diet is in check, fat will come off doing any of these programs...
    Well I will research the names u tossed in. Check the program I like best and run with it for the next... 4 weeks?? Or 6 a better judgment cycle on personal progress?? And I agree with the fat loss. From a ton of tips from Dave I've lost nearly 25lbs in the past 2-21/2 months. But advice is why I'm here so 5x5 here I come

17. Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    There's plenty of workouts out there to choose from so really it's just about finding one that suites you. For starting out most people would say start with a 5x5 or 5x3x1 routine. Next week I plan on starting this 5x5 in the link below (the first one)... It sounds legit for anyone really and you can always tweak it if you need to. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
    Thanks for the link. I do like that routine. Got a few more I wanna scope before I pick a definitive plan. But the helps greatly appreciated

18. Think long term...

19. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Think long term...
    Got it. I'll have a routine picked by Monday for a fresh start.

20. Tomorrow imma try and get all of my daily meal macros posted. Along with that some pics to track progress. Also gonna toss up measurements of neck/arms/waist

21. Like napalm said you can always tweak it to suite your needs even if you are using lighter weight and higher reps. I just threw it out there because it is well rounded and something I'm looking to start next week. Definitely look around there is plenty out there and you may find something better for you.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

22. I don't have any advice, but good luck in your fitness goals.

23. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I don't have any advice, but good luck in your fitness goals.
    who is this gokix?

24. Ditto another one for Napalm's posts.

Who is this gokix?
    Another heavy lifter, & who is much younger than me...!!!

25. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I don't have any advice, but good luck in your fitness goals.
    Any advice or not I appreciate the support. A little extra motivation from another set of watching eyes is always helpful

26. Woke up today dick as a dog. Postings will continue tomorrow

27. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post
    Woke up today dick as a dog. Postings will continue tomorrow
    Wow you must be feeling miserable to be referring to it as a dick of a dog.

28. Quote Originally Posted by gymwrenchwv View Post

How dare u sir. U were clearly aware. I still have vivid memories of u trying to whisper in my ear on all those cold mornings in our chu in Iraq.
    In for finding out what really happens in the army barracks.

Subbed for the laughs but more importantly the transformation. Get it done brother.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Wow you must be feeling miserable to be referring to it as a dick of a dog.
    was a first for me too
    I mean I've heard hair of the dog before, sick as dog, doggone it, doggystyle, doggcrap.....but never dick of dog

30. Fml...lol. Yes I feel horrible. Sick as a dog. Guess imma start reading everything more closely before clicking send

Similar Forum Threads

1. a restart to a restart
    By kingivan in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 01:54 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 08:04 AM
  3. Total Test 159 - Restarting HPTA hard..
    By crazydoc1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:35 PM
  4. HPTA Restart Abstract---
    By crazydoc1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:28 PM
  5. Restarting of T Heat....
    By JblazeGirlie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 12:18 PM