Shut Up And Skwat *Powerlifting, Wrestling, and Bad Assery

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Shut Up And Skwat: Weight Lifting; Wrestling; Bad Assery


    Goals 3/21/14: (Will take videos/pictures of success..except for maybe the running. Scouts honor on that one I guess)
    Bench Press 275x10
    ATG Squat 345x10
    Run 3 miles
    15 (Super)WGPU
    70 Full Push Ups
    235 lbs

  2. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    I believe I tore my RC last week while bench pressing and I'm going on a trip within a few days here, so here's my work out routine until I go.

    Day 1
    Squat 3x6
    Tricep Push Downs (black bands) 5x20
    +RC Exercises
    +Stretching
    +Abs
    +Jump Rope

    Day 2
    Weighted Chin Up/Pull Up 3x6
    Barbell Curl 3x10
    +RC Exercises
    +Stretching
    +Core
    +Jump Rope

    Repeat (It's not a very strenuous routine, plus, I'm coming off of a hiatus from training. I don't really feel the need to rest in between workouts up until I go.)

    I weighed in today: 250 lbs (down from 254)
    My nutrition is pretty much a 1500-1800 calorie diet (kind of doing some dietary cramming before my trip because I was too lazy to do it the smart way lol. I won't spend a lot of time like this so I don't feel as if there will be any long standing detrimental effects of doing this type of diet). High protein, low cars, as much fat as I can possibly fit in.

    I think a good goal is to be able to do push ups with out feeling pain.
  3. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    5 minutes jump rope
    RC Warm ups and exercises
    10 minutes dynamic stretching

    Squat
    225x6
    275x6
    315x6

    Black Band Push Downs
    5x20

    Chin Ups (because why not?)
    BW 2x12

    5 more minutes of jump rope
    10 minutes stretching

    100 crunches
    100 reverse crunches


    Easy work out. Nothing special, just trying to do something during this low calorie diet.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,772
    Rep Power
    562661
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    7.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    1500 calories @ 250lbs bodyweight. Yeahhh, you're a wrestler alright lol. Subbed. What level you wrasslin at now, bubba?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  5. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,693
    Rep Power
    3425566
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    99.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    In it, man.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  6. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    1500 calories @ 250lbs bodyweight. Yeahhh, you're a wrestler alright lol. Subbed. What level you wrasslin at now, bubba?
    Collegiate.

    Thanks to you two for the support.
  7. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,772
    Rep Power
    562661
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    7.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpNdSkwat View Post

    Collegiate.

    Thanks to you two for the support.
    Nice. I wrestled D3 for two years. Partied way too hard though and never had any success at that level. Had a few buddies go D2 and a teammate in the Big Ten.

    Now let's get strong and qualify for the championships!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  8. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    Subbed!

    Single leg take downs and chicken wings all day!
    Hahaha. Don't forget the spladle! SPLAAADDDLLEE.
  9. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Nice. I wrestled D3 for two years. Partied way too hard though and never had any success at that level. Had a few buddies go D2 and a teammate in the Big Ten.

    Now let's get strong and qualify for the championships!
    One of my high school coaches has a son who wrestles for the Minnesota Gophers. He came in to work out with us for the post-thanksgiving conditioning work out. Oh my god, the man never got tired. Most of the varsity team took a crack at him. He killed most of us except for a couple people. Big Ten is no joke.

    Respect for the participation in D3 wrestling for a couple years. Also no joke. Respect to every wrestler. I was wrestling at a D3 college with some friends just to **** around. These guys didn't suck by any stretch of the imagination.

    Addendum added.
  10. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,772
    Rep Power
    562661
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    7.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpNdSkwat View Post

    Hahaha. Don't forget the spladle! SPLAAADDDLLEE.
    Oh, c'mon now! When's the last time you hit a spladle, heavyweight? I couldn't hit one of those to save my life now.

    EDIT: Yeah, when I watch the Big Ten guys on TV, I don't even understand how they do any of the things that they do. The scrambles are fücking legendary. My college roommate (and high school teammate) wrestled David Taylor during Taylor's redshirt year. My buddy was a 2 time Pennsylvania state placer, D1 recruit, and beat the state champ the week before states our senior year. Taylor teched him in the first. Never seen anything like that before in my life.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  11. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Oh, c'mon now! When's the last time you hit a spladle, heavyweight? I couldn't hit one of those to save my life now.

    EDIT: Yeah, when I watch the Big Ten guys on TV, I don't even understand how they do any of the things that they do. The scrambles are fücking legendary. My college roommate (and high school teammate) wrestled David Taylor during Taylor's redshirt year. My buddy was a 2 time Pennsylvania state placer, D1 recruit, and beat the state champ the week before states our senior year. Taylor teched him in the first. Never seen anything like that before in my life.
    Hahaha NEVER. I've gotten the cradle a couple of times, though. I've only seen someone get the spladle once and it was hilarious to witness.

    David Taylor is so good. I can't honestly say I'm surprised given the caliber of wrestler he was. It's almost hysterical how little your high school career counts when you go to D1 college. We had a wrestler here who was a state placer go to Iowa for a camp and he told us how there were some of the Hawkeyes there and he wrestled them. He said he didn't even get a point.

    I actually want to participate in the 28 day intensive camp at Minnesota, but it costs over 2 grand. Maybe I'll do the 10 day one or something.
  12. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Best way to squat is to fart at the bottom of the rep to help propel your body upwards...like your butt is the bottom of a rocket
  13. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,772
    Rep Power
    562661
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    7.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpNdSkwat View Post

    Hahaha NEVER. I've gotten the cradle a couple of times, though. I've only seen someone get the spladle once and it was hilarious to witness.

    David Taylor is so good. I can't honestly say I'm surprised given the caliber of wrestler he was. It's almost hysterical how little your high school career counts when you go to D1 college. We had a wrestler here who was a state placer go to Iowa for a camp and he told us how there were some of the Hawkeyes there and he wrestled them. He said he didn't even get a point.

    I actually want to participate in the 28 day intensive camp at Minnesota, but it costs over 2 grand. Maybe I'll do the 10 day one or something.
    It's true. It's a crapshoot once you get past high school. Two grand for a camp is just bonkers. In Western PA, you could wrestle at a private club coached by an all american or olympian for six months to a year for that kind of money.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  14. Professional Member
    PalmFist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,293
    Rep Power
    1896202
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    98.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    In ...
    Independent Review
  15. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    It's true. It's a crapshoot once you get past high school. Two grand for a camp is just bonkers. In Western PA, you could wrestle at a private club coached by an all american or olympian for six months to a year for that kind of money.

    Exactly. I mean, Minnesota is probably my top 3 favorite teams in the Big Ten (Penn, Iowa, and Minn) because of how awesome their heavyweights are, but at the end of the day everything that can ever be taught is now on youtube. Not that it's taught to the degree that it would be at a camp, nor does drilling provide you with the experience to handle yourself under the pressure of someone else trying to do it to you, but at the end of the day I can use 2500 dollars for way better things. Especially now given that I have to pay for my own college, which is why I picked up powerlifting -- something to do in the interim. I got kind of hooked on the idea though. Now I want to set a record.

    PA is such an awesome wrestling state. Penn is full of ruthless, calculating killers. I seriously WISH I could do that ffs. I'd join a club this year if I was in PA. Unfortunately, there aren't too many clubs around here, so I have to wait it out.
  16. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Best way to squat is to fart at the bottom of the rep to help propel your body upwards...like your butt is the bottom of a rocket
    Whatever you have to do. I find that when I do I clench my butt cheeks so hard at the top that I end up stopping the fart abruptly causing me to belch so hard my torso shoots back a bit. It kind of screws with my leverages. Make sure that if you do this you have excellent sphincter control and a good feel of how much fart you've got stored up.
  17. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Thumbs up


    Thanks. I appreciate the support, Fist.
  18. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    10 minute jump rope
    RC warm ups/exercises
    5 minutes stretching

    Regular Grip Pull Ups
    BW+25x6
    BW+35x6
    BW+45x4-2
    BWx12

    Barbell Curl
    95x3x10

    Planks
    BWx2:00
    BWx1:00

    15 minutes stretching.

    I DID A PUSH UP WITH RELATIVELY NO PAIN TODAY! I'm excited. When I get back I feel that I'll be able to start hitting the weights heavy again.

    Again, easy workout today. Nothing too strenuous.
  19. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,693
    Rep Power
    3425566
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    99.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Not sure if you have heard of him, but Eric Cressy is a shoulder guru. I'd highly recommend you check out his website and YouTube feed regarding shoulder prehab and rehab. Also, Donnie Thompson, aka SuperD, has some good shoulder stuff on YouTube.

    Hopefully your shoulder heals up quick, bud. Mine is buggin me too.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  20. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Not sure if you have heard of him, but Eric Cressy is a shoulder guru. I'd highly recommend you check out his website and YouTube feed regarding shoulder prehab and rehab. Also, Donnie Thompson, aka SuperD, has some good shoulder stuff on YouTube.

    Hopefully your shoulder heals up quick, bud. Mine is buggin me too.
    I actually just checked him out the second you gave me his name. Thank you...So very, very much. Seriously.

    Also, if you're having pain in your shoulder don't push through it. I mean, you can to an extent, but what I did was ****ing stupid. I felt a strain in my pec and shoulder, gave it 5 days, and then I benched heavy again. I didn't even make it to 300. Tore at 280 for 4. Tried 315 for 1 after 5 minutes hoping that there was nothing there. I unracked the weight and it just got worse. Don't be me.
  21. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,693
    Rep Power
    3425566
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    99.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Anytime. And mine is an impingment and lack of mobility. It's slowly getting better. I'll only press Tuesdays, only competition bench, and the rest of the week is prehab/rehab for it (majority of it being exercise from Cressy)
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  22. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    That's what mine started as. You're doing the smart thing. Bench Pressing is really what kills the shoulders. If theres any inclining that you do, I would expunge it from your routine all together and do some light over head work and keep the bench press close grip until you feel better. I actually did that back in high school when my shoulders were feeling destroyed, and I was about to do that actually. Then it tore. Whole new things to deal with.

    But your way sounds like it's pretty good too. I think I'm going to be tackling it a lot like you right now.
  23. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,693
    Rep Power
    3425566
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    99.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpNdSkwat View Post
    That's what mine started as. You're doing the smart thing. Bench Pressing is really what kills the shoulders. If theres any inclining that you do, I would expunge it from your routine all together and do some light over head work and keep the bench press close grip until you feel better. I actually did that back in high school when my shoulders were feeling destroyed, and I was about to do that actually. Then it tore. Whole new things to deal with. But your way sounds like it's pretty good too. I think I'm going to be tackling it a lot like you right now.
    You're right bud. It scares me, especially seeing your story haha Benching feels good, so that's literally all I'll do. Hit my required lift for the day (submaximal) and shut it down and do lots of pulling. Cressy's Assess & Correct is a worthwhile PDF you can find online for free possibly.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  24. Senior Member
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    40609
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpNdSkwat View Post
    That's what mine started as. You're doing the smart thing. Bench Pressing is really what kills the shoulders. If theres any inclining that you do, I would expunge it from your routine all together and do some light over head work and keep the bench press close grip until you feel better. I actually did that back in high school when my shoulders were feeling destroyed, and I was about to do that actually. Then it tore. Whole new things to deal with.

    But your way sounds like it's pretty good too. I think I'm going to be tackling it a lot like you right now.
    I've heard this before, and I am not going to suggest it's without any merit, but I find CGBP extremely hard on the shoulders -- indeed, I find it to work my delts a whole lot. I would advocate for reverse-grip bench presses. (Indeed, I prefer incline presses strongly over flat benching bc of my shoulder issues; flat benching tends to be harder on the A/C joints.) And I would take a break from all overhead work, as well as things that engage the upper traps, and focus on scap retraction and lower and mid trap work, in addition to RC work.

    If you check out my log, you will see that I've had a whole bunch of shoulder operations. My bilateral impingement was so intractable that they performed bilateral clavicular distal excision (cut the ends off my collar bone), so I have faux A/C joints.

    Where did it all start? Wrestling. Repeated dislocations. And then a short stint of rugby brought even more. Some 23 years later, I learned I am hypermobile and have a connective tissue disorder. No more wrestling or other fun stuff.

    Subbed. Good luck with your goals. You're already a strong kid. And big props re the collegiate wrestling!

    P.S. @Sean1332 knows a helluva lot more than I will ever know about powerlifting -- and he's also way stronger than I've ever been or will be -- and it's quite possible he has a better understanding than do I re the interplay between power-lifting movements and how they ramify on various injuries. So, to be clear, when he speaks, you ought pay attention.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate
  25. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    I've heard this before, and I am not going to suggest it's without any merit, but I find CGBP extremely hard on the shoulders -- indeed, I find it to work my delts a whole lot. I would advocate for reverse-grip bench presses. (Indeed, I prefer incline presses strongly over flat benching bc of my shoulder issues; flat benching tends to be harder on the A/C joints.) And I would take a break from all overhead work, as well as things that engage the upper traps, and focus on scap retraction and lower and mid trap work, in addition to RC work.

    If you check out my log, you will see that I've had a whole bunch of shoulder operations. My bilateral impingement was so intractable that they performed bilateral clavicular distal excision (cut the ends off my collar bone), so I have faux A/C joints.

    Where did it all start? Wrestling. Repeated dislocations. And then a short stint of rugby brought even more. Some 23 years later, I learned I am hypermobile and have a connective tissue disorder. No more wrestling or other fun stuff.

    Subbed. Good luck with your goals. You're already a strong kid. And big props re the collegiate wrestling!

    P.S. @Sean1332 knows a helluva lot more than I will ever know about powerlifting -- and he's also way stronger than I've ever been or will be -- and it's quite possible he has a better understanding than do I re the interplay between power-lifting movements and how they ramify on various injuries. So, to be clear, when he speaks, you ought pay attention.
    Wow, that is some painful stuff. How's it doing now? What can you do with it?

    As for my advice, it was more anecdotal than anything. The more overhead pressing I did the better I felt, and starting strict military presses extremely light and really going through the range of motion and gradually adding weight along with a lot of posterior delt and rhomboid work definitely helped out too. I also did a lot of things like push ups and yoga along with shoulder prehab things (Not that I knew what that was at the time, my gym teacher -- a formal NFL Vikings lineman -- showed me). I mean, what you say may be true, but it's not the case for me. The more incline pressing I did the faster my shoulder health declined. I also learned about keeping my back tight and a strong arch which really helped to resolve it. I don't think close gripping takes work off the shoulders, it just doesn't compromise your shoulder in precarious, over-stretched positions as say...a really wide bench press. You'll see far more injuries off of wide grip bench presses than close grip. In fact, the only time I've ever injured myself benching is wide gripping. Close grip seems to muck up my elbows far more. This is just my experience, though. To each their own.

    As for Sean, yeah. My first problem and he already comes in and gives me a link to help. Definitely a great resource of knowledge.

    Thanks for subbing! I hope to see your input again. You seem like you know a couple things yourself.
  26. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Oh yes, and reverse grip bench as well. Definitely that. I'll be implementing those when I'm back.
  27. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,693
    Rep Power
    3425566
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    99.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Jinxie knows his injuries and injuries take priority in PLing IMO so you're on the right track. I'm still learning prehab/rehab.

    Mind if I ask your teachers name?

    I had a Vikings player as a teachers assistant or something for a day in the 5th grade. (he may have just visited the school)
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  28. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Jinxie knows his injuries and injuries take priority in PLing IMO so you're on the right track. I'm still learning prehab/rehab.

    Mind if I ask your teachers name?

    I had a Vikings player as a teachers assistant or something for a day in the 5th grade. (he may have just visited the school)
    No doubt. Jinxie seems like he's had quite a few first hand experiences that he's had to deal with. Experience is the best teacher, it's unfortunate that it's also the biggest ass-hole teacher.

    Sure, I'll pm it to you.
  29. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    5 minutes jump rope
    Rotator Cuff warm ups+exercises. Everything off of this right here. >>Shoulder Hurts? Start Here. | Eric Cressey | High Performance Training, Personal Training
    5 minutes stretching

    Squats
    135x12
    275x5
    315x5
    365x5

    Black Band Push Downs
    3x20

    Diamond Push Ups
    BWx10

    Military Push Ups
    BWx10

    5 minutes of jump rope
    10 minutes stretching
    Repeat RC work.
    100 crunches
    100 reverse crunches

    Again, easy work out (except for the squats). I'm not entirely sure why I took it easy on squats, but for the most part I feel fine. Back to lifting semi-heavy. I'm doing push ups here just to see dhow my shoulder is progressing. I didn't do anything yesterday because the weighted pull ups actually kind of hurt it. Not the actual movement so much because I really make sure that I pull my scapula together and pull from the elbows through the rear delts, I guess it was more just the dangling.

    Also, for those who are following and notice discrepancies from my previous work out posts, it's because I decide what I want to do before I go into the gym and then post it here before I go do it. Just in case you come back and wonder where the extra set or maybe less reps on an exercise is coming from.
  30. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,693
    Rep Power
    3425566
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    99.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Hopefully the RC work is gonna help you out. No harm in you not going balls to the walls with squats today. Straight bar doesn't do a bum shoulder well. I've been using a Buffalo bar or SSB for comfort reasons.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  31. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    T-15 days until my trip. I'm 9 lbs over my goal @ 249 lbs. Time for epic wrestling weight cut!
  32. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,772
    Rep Power
    562661
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    7.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpNdSkwat View Post
    T-15 days until my trip. I'm 9 lbs over my goal @ 249 lbs. Time for epic wrestling weight cut!
    You know what to do, homie!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  33. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Possibly the worst workout I've had...I don't even want to think about how weak I'll be after this trip.

    Squat
    45x3
    135x3x3
    185x2x3
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    345x2
    365x1
    415x0

    So ****ing weak. This cutting weight stuff sucks. I haven't been doing it the right way insofar too. I will be dialing it in.

    Inverted Rows
    BWx2x15
    BWx10

    Yoga 20 minutes
    RC Exercises 5 minutes.

    Insanely pissed that I could do 365 lbs just a few days ago for reps and today it's come to a grinding halt.
  34. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Feeling better today.

    10 minutes jump rope

    Cuban Press
    5x20
    15x20

    Rotator cuff warm ups and mobility work/stretches.

    Push Ups
    Reverse Black Bandx2x25
    BWx10 (pause go)

    Regular Grip Pull Ups
    25x6
    35x6
    45x5-1
    BWx12

    Lateral Raises
    20x2x25

    Band Push Downs
    Blackx3x20

    Band Pull Aparts
    Redx2x25

    My shoulder is feeling a lot better, but my body is feeling weak. Lack of food/sleep on top of an injury is a recipe for bad work outs. Looking forward for this cut to be over with. I stopped typing in my workouts and then doing them. What you see is what you get now.
  35. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Squat:
    45x5
    135x2x5
    185x2x5
    225x3
    5-10 minutes stretching (felt good, went into working sets.)
    275x5
    315x5
    350x7-1 [Not 7 minus 1, did 7 reps and I felt something feel bad, racked it, checked on the problem, and then proceeded to do 1 more. 1 minute rest(?) inbetween reps, not bad.]

    Good Mornings: (Just learning the form on these exercises. I realized I wanted to wait to do these on monday)
    135x12
    155x10

    Back Flies:
    45x4x15

    EZ Bar Curls: (don't laugh)
    65x3x10

    Planks:
    BWx2x1:00

    Some more RC work and stretching later in the day.
  36. New Member
    Dimitrius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    5967
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    74.54%

    You got some great work going on in here man. Making me feel like a bitch. Then again, I also see you have 35 pounds and an inch on me.
    任重道远
  37. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Yeah, I wouldn't count yourself out though. You're hella strong, Bud. Anybody who squats over 400 is A-Okay in my book haha.
  38. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Easy easy easy work out.

    Warm Up:
    3x10 knee push ups

    Push Ups:
    BWx3x15
    Bwx8

    Band Pull Aparts:
    Redx4x25

    RC rehab work and a buncha stretches.

    Weigh in today!
  39. New Member
    James Fuller's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    17039
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    27.83%

    subbed. Lets do this man. Didnt read through your whole log, but whats more important? wrestling or PL? I coach middle school wrestling and the little bit that i had to get on the mat and wrestler this year, i could definitely tell I had been slacking on cardio since i started PLing
  40. New Member
    ShutUpNdSkwat's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    16199
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    subbed. Lets do this man. Didnt read through your whole log, but whats more important? wrestling or PL? I coach middle school wrestling and the little bit that i had to get on the mat and wrestler this year, i could definitely tell I had been slacking on cardio since i started PLing
    That's a pretty good question...hmmm. I can say at this point that it would probably be wrestling because I only have 4 more years to do compared to a life time of being able to lift weights, but if I was ending up with a lot of injuries as a wrestler I can say that I would probably quit. I really want this powerlifting record for my weight class. I really don't want to go to the olympics for wrestling, it's just a fun sport to participate in that gives you a lot of confidence, but for powerlifting I want my name on something. If I can get this record, maybe I can go for the world record.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. (PROMO) Shut Up and Sleep: Animal PM is Here!
    By Hoomgar in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 02:20 PM
  2. Distilled Water cutting up with the kitchen sink and then some
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 05:10 PM
  3. Just Shut Up and Click It!
    By NPursuit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 08:24 AM
  4. Article-Boiling up the facts about pasta and GI
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in