Swanson's Penultimate 5/3/1 Powerlifting Log...for real - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Swanson's Penultimate 5/3/1 Powerlifting Log...for real

Page 2 of 25 First 12347 ... Last
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Maybe your first week can just be you getting back into the groove of things. Maybe that can be your first cycle, too, I dont know how you want to swing it. Then after the week/cycle you can come back but hit it hard. I don't know. I didn't exactly understand if you had actually been back to the gym or not before this session.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Maybe your first week can just be you getting back into the groove of things. Maybe that can be your first cycle, too, I dont know how you want to swing it. Then after the week/cycle you can come back but hit it hard. I don't know. I didn't exactly understand if you had actually been back to the gym or not before this session.
    To train squat, no. I hadn't squatted for 4 months or so prior to this session.

I might do that, drop the TM more and train that for 2-3 weeks then reevaluate.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Pfft, you call this a log?

In...

Both my log and I are starting at the bottom.
    •   

Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52

You're going to be back at the big weights in no time. Don't even worry about it.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    You're going to be back at the big weights in no time. Don't even worry about it.
    Fawking right I am, brotha. :headbang:
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I will raise your bottom to the 'taint.

It's always darkest before the dawn.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1)you're missing from my log too.

2) workout recovery. You know how it is when you come back from a layoff...brutal. Eat & sleep will be my protocol.
    1) Not anymore.

2) I do know how it is, and your way of thinking may help with recovery. Problem is, it could hurt in other areas. I don't think that level of increase would cause much damage, and I would be willing to risk it for the results. That's just my less harder working side talking though.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    1) Not anymore.

2) I do know how it is, and your way of thinking may help with recovery. Problem is, it could hurt in other areas. I don't think that level of increase would cause much damage, and I would be willing to risk it for the results. That's just my less harder working side talking though.
    Finally. Pfft.

I'm going to go with napalm on the TRT here. I've got my dosage balanced perfectly with my e2 consistently <20, my hematocrit around 45, and my levels nice and stable around 700. It's taken the better part of 2 years to get here, I'd best not rock the boat for another 150ng/dL of total test.

I'm boring and non-adventurous.
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why do you like to keep your E2 < 20?
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

Personally, I like mine around 40-50, even if it renders me a little wet and more hysterical, lol. Joint health, less pain, lipids, bone strength, etc. Thing is, like with T, you have to take account of SHBG, which effects bioavailability.
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

I "operate" best between 17-24. That's when my libido is the strongest, and my mood is manageable. I'm not exceptionally stable , so as my E2 climbs, as does anxiety with a side of lethargy.

I'm CRAZY sensitive to hormone changes.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Not much today; did a bunch of rolling/ball/mobility work this AM, followed by 30' LISS

This evening had another half hour mobility session followed by 20' HIIT on the elliptical and some 25 yd sprints.

I'll do one more mobility session before bed.

Benchins tomorrow.
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not much today; did a bunch of rolling/ball/mobility work this AM, followed by 30' LISS

This evening had another half hour mobility session followed by 20' HIIT on the elliptical and some 25 yd sprints.

I'll do one more mobility session before bed.

Benchins tomorrow.
    Nice man. You're really up on getting your body primed for the workload to come. Solid
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Finally. Pfft.

I'm going to go with napalm on the TRT here. I've got my dosage balanced perfectly with my e2 consistently <20, my hematocrit around 45, and my levels nice and stable around 700. It's taken the better part of 2 years to get here, I'd best not rock the boat for another 150ng/dL of total test.

I'm boring and non-adventurous.
    I understand and respect your decision. E2 is one of the things I was referring to as far as damage. It's funny how we all react differently. My E2 hovers around 40 and I feel pretty good. I know 40 is on the higher end, but I guess I don't know much different. Maybe I'll talk to doc about lowering that a bit.
    I wouldn't call it boring and non-adventurous. I'd call it wise and and very self-aware. You've had enough crazy shlt go down in the past few months, no reason to push the envelope at this point.
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

I "operate" best between 17-24. That's when my libido is the strongest, and my mood is manageable. I'm not exceptionally stable , so as my E2 climbs, as does anxiety with a side of lethargy.

I'm CRAZY sensitive to hormone changes.
    This all makes complete sense. Your SHBG is low, so you need less test and E2 to accomplish the same ends. This also means you are a fast metabolizer and may benefit from frequent shooting, which I believe you are already doing. In contrast, my SHBG is higher, and I operate better with TT around 1000 and E2 at 40-50. In the end, they can be functionally similar. It sounds like you've got it dialed in just right. It's all so variable.

My libido actually drops when my E2 gets down to 20, and my joints get achey. But again, my SHBG is high, making the E2 less bioavailable.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Today-BENCHINS.

Foam roll, shoulder health band set, lax ball mash, machine rows

Bench-TM 365
    205x5
    235x5
    275x3
    Here's the fawkin deal-I lack confidence. I looked at rep speed on 275 and there's nothing to indicate I couldn't have pressed 5. No spotter, no cage, and a shoulder injury have me in that place where I'm not sure I'm good for those last 2-3, so I rack it. :frusty:

PENDLAY ROWS SS W/ BW PULL-UPS
    155x8x4
    185x8x2
    SS
    BWx5/4/4/2/2
    Ugh. Fat ass.

BW DIPS SS w/BAND FACE PULLS
    BWx8/6/6/4/4
    Band x 15x5

BW PUSH UPS-FEET ELEVATED 18"
    12/10/6/2-FAILURE

12' HIIT

Vid coming.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

The video is private.
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

Nothing wrong with that, coming out of a shoulder injury. And you should lack some confidence -- that instinct evolved out of self protection of an injured protection.

So good work. The confidence will build with assurances that the shoulder has recovered. I guarantee it. Take it from a guy who has survived 7 shoulder surgeries.

All ready to go, sitting on the crapper, and it's a private video. Shucks.
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Gay...
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

The video is private.
    Damn it. I'll fix it.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

**** macros. I'm liftin in the 308's.

Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Gay...
    I prefer curious.
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

I prefer curious.
    That just makes you indecisively gay and closeted. You matter as well seize the moment, lol.

I will check out the video now, as I am curious indeed.
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

You're squirming a lot, when you get heavier, and something is definitely up with that left shoulder. Looks like it's bothering you and you are untucking left scap to drive. Drop the weight if you need to, and keep that scap retracted, to avoid aggravating the injury.

But the strength is there. Just looks like pain is getting in your way.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Ya man I need to get set. I fawking hate this bench setup and it seems like I can't get squared up. However, getting tight is a battle I've always fought.

Left shoulder is the injured one (good eye) and it was tender after squatting on Monday. I'll prob drop the max a bit for the 3's so I can work around it.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

Ya man I need to get set. I fawking hate this bench setup and it seems like I can't get squared up. However, getting tight is a battle I've always fought.

Left shoulder is the injured one (good eye) and it was tender after squatting on Monday. I'll prob drop the max a bit for the 3's so I can work around it.

Thanks for the feedback!
    It takes one to know one -- someone with shoulder issues. I've had so much work on both of mine, including having the ends of my collar bone cut off to open to the joints (creating a false A/C joint) to put an end to chronic separation (type 2-3) and bilateral impingement syndrome.

Anyhow, I feel you. When my shoulder hurts, I do the same shyte. It may help me get the weight up, but it also furthers the injury.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Failed on the vid this morning; the phone charge let me choose music or vid, so I chose music.

Agile 8, mash, roll, treadmill, back raises

SUMO DL
    295x5
    340x5
    385x7 <<<<<<< feels GOOOD. I think I could've pulled 10, but again my adductors we're getting pretty fatigued.

I'm happy as hell with this session; I set my max apprehensively @ 500, so this was a victory for my psyche today.

FRONT SQUAT
    135x8
    185x8
    225x5x3

Why is this comparable to my back squat?

DB WALKING LUNGES
    +40x20x2

BW PULL UP
    BWx5x4
    X4x2

FACE PULLS
    3 sets 15

REAR DELT DESTROYERS
    **** you

12' HIIT

Out.
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good work man. So is sumo staying?

Your squats will catch up. Makes me think though: Are you in an optimal stance/bar position? I'd hate to give you more crap to think about. Just thinking about you comparing front:back strength.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good work man. So is sumo staying?

Your squats will catch up. Makes me think though: Are you in an optimal stance/bar position? I'd hate to give you more crap to think about. Just thinking about you comparing front:back strength.
    Yeah ME sumos are much easier on the ol lumbar region for me. Convos will stay as an accessory.

Good question about squats. I've never learned how, I just throw weight on and give it hell. I'll try and get more angles and squat vids for everyone to critique, hopefully I can optimize my leverages...I'm a short legged dude so most of my issues come from torso collapse.
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Good session big guy...
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

Really nice DL work, man. And good session. Particularly impressive given shoulder challenges. Doesn't look like it's going to take you too long to get back to where you wanna be.
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Hell of a day dude. A part of me died when I saw the 20 rep sets of lunges..
    Stats
    5'10"  300 lbs.

Just got done reading all 8 pages
    Its good to see u didnt just give up Keep up the mobility and Im sure youll be on top of your game again in no time

Subed
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Swanson is a strong, persistent mofo
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Really nice DL work, man. And good session. Particularly impressive given shoulder challenges. Doesn't look like it's going to take you too long to get back to where you wanna be.
    Thanks! Honestly my shoulder only holds me back when I squat...that's seriously the only lift that aggravates it. Consequently, it hurts on bench day because of squats.

Hell of a day dude. A part of me died when I saw the 20 rep sets of lunges..
    Yeah, I don't know why I did that. I wanted to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    Just got done reading all 8 pages
    Its good to see u didnt just give up Keep up the mobility and Im sure youll be on top of your game again in no time

Subed
    Thanks & welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Swanson is a strong, persistent mofo
    You had me at hello.
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn man nice session. Bet that was brutal!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Sorry all-work has been bat**** crazy this week. I'll recap my SQ & BP sessions real quick.

SQUAT
    220x5
    255x5
    285x8

Felt much better this week; backed my max down to 375 :frusty:, but I've gotta start someplace. I'll likely move on through the first 4 weeks with the 375 max then reevaluate, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

BENCH PRESS
    205x5
    235x5
    275x6

Got past the final set this week, so I'll move on with the 355 max through 4 weeks.

I really emphasized core, upper back and quads for assistance this week thus far. I'll have a better session update and vid for DL & OHP this weekend.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tossing Weight With Torobestia: Powerlifting Log
    By Torobestia in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 665
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 10:10 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 01:30 PM
  3. House of biceps - Young powerlifting log
    By rubus in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 07:23 AM
  4. Log for Cutting (Using Bobo): Starting Tuesday, August 2