Swanson's Penultimate 5/3/1 Powerlifting Log...for real

Page 2 of 36 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    What were you at before, 500 SQ/400 BP/near 600 DL?
    Yeah, not QUITE 500sq (475ish), 400, 625. Comp maxes were 462 (I think), 389, 605.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    But, don't worry, you'll get all the judgement you need from me!
    And I'll LIKE IT!

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Perhaps a moment of misguided candor, but I will say, I paused a few times, thinking you are a little cocksure. But then it was revealed to me that you are quite young, much younger than I inferred based on the manner in which you express yourself, and it suddenly all made sense.
    You're a bright young man. And nothing wrong with being young and cocky. Add some AAS, and you may lose the "y" though, lol. Just playing with you bro. Keep up the good work. I am enjoying your posts.
    I (no homo) love me some Jim, he can berate me til his heart's content.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    There's nothing pathetic about getting back in the gym after an injury.

    But you, you're pathetic! (I did say I would pass judgement, didn't I?)
    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    This. You haven't hung up your belt yet, Swanson, and that's something you should be proud to hang your hat on.

    To recap: Hang your hat, don't hang your belt.
    Y'all might not feel that way after seeing this...
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.


  2. 5/3/1 Week 1, Day 1

    Agile 8, PVC roll everything, LAX smash everything, elliptical warm up.

    Squats
    Warm Ups-probably too much and I ended up fatigued I think. It was my first time back in months, and I wanted to be loose & ready. Overdid it.
    235x5
    270x5
    Right here, based on how my adductors felt, I knew it was over for the day. My legs were jello already. Ditched 305.
    270x3

    Down sets
    225x3x5 (I'm a reps x sets guy)

    This was a hell of an ego blow, not to mention a colossal struggle. I'm sure you'll see me miss depth a couple times, I'll drop my chest, I'll get loose...I fawking forgot how to squat basically.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGgVvSs7uk

    Convo DL
    225x5x5

    Planks
    Side planks
    Leg raises

    Done.

    I pegged my max today at 400, but I think I gave myself 50# there. I'll assume the same on DL; my max is probably 450 today. Time to back the weights down.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    5/3/1 Week 1, Day 1

    Agile 8, PVC roll everything, LAX smash everything, elliptical warm up.

    Squats
    Warm Ups-probably too much and I ended up fatigued I think. It was my first time back in months, and I wanted to be loose & ready. Overdid it.
    235x5
    270x5
    Right here, based on how my adductors felt, I knew it was over for the day. My legs were jello already. Ditched 305.
    270x3

    Down sets
    225x3x5 (I'm a reps x sets guy)

    This was a hell of an ego blow, not to mention a colossal struggle. I'm sure you'll see me miss depth a couple times, I'll drop my chest, I'll get loose...I fawking forgot how to squat basically.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGgVvSs7uk

    Convo DL
    225x5x5

    Planks
    Side planks
    Leg raises

    Done.

    I pegged my max today at 400, but I think I gave myself 50# there. I'll assume the same on DL; my max is probably 450 today. Time to back the weights down.
    Copyright issues on that video.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Copyright issues on that video.
    I'll redo it. Bastards, it was all music in the gym.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

    I'll redo it. Bastards, it was all music in the gym.
    Just dispute it and it'll work, dispute the claims, claim fair use, and copy that text (the fair use option) into the text box and then it'll work.
    •   
       


  6. I remember struggling after my back injury. Conditioning gone, core gone, tweaked my back wrapping my knees one day, 315x6 with knees wrapped was a grinder, couldn't find my deadlift form for months on end. Six months later I'm stronger than ever. This is a great time to hammer volume and build yourself a base, a platform to grow from.

    We know you're not patient, Swanson, so this will be a huge test. But you can come out on top.

    EDIT: The video wasn't as terrible as you made it out to be. You know what to do, and it will all get better. My technique always needs lots of practice, I'd forget how to squat too if I took as long of a layoff as you did
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
  7. Swanson's Penultimate 5/3/1 Powerlifting Log...for real


    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  8. Looking good, big man. You already mentioned the little things to fix.

    What goes down, must go up!!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  9. Thanks gents. Honestly it didn't feel too bad, and after looking at rep speed on 270x3, I'm not sure why I thought I was done. They certainly weren't grinders.

    I think I was wary of my adductors. They were alarmingly "crampy", and I'm not trying to get hurt on day 1. I was pissed when I left the gym, but overall I guess I'm happy I can still train.

    For Sean & Herder (who blast me on diet-after my PWO meal (clean) I was absolutely ravenous, so I ate a piece of taco pizza and a pint of sorbet.

    Like Wendler said "a powerlifter worrying about how much he weighs is like a bodybuilder worrying about how much he bench presses".
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  10. Pfft, you call this a log?

    In...


  11. Maybe your first week can just be you getting back into the groove of things. Maybe that can be your first cycle, too, I dont know how you want to swing it. Then after the week/cycle you can come back but hit it hard. I don't know. I didn't exactly understand if you had actually been back to the gym or not before this session.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Maybe your first week can just be you getting back into the groove of things. Maybe that can be your first cycle, too, I dont know how you want to swing it. Then after the week/cycle you can come back but hit it hard. I don't know. I didn't exactly understand if you had actually been back to the gym or not before this session.
    To train squat, no. I hadn't squatted for 4 months or so prior to this session.

    I might do that, drop the TM more and train that for 2-3 weeks then reevaluate.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Pfft, you call this a log?

    In...

    Both my log and I are starting at the bottom.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52

    Both my log and I are starting at the bottom.
    You're going to be back at the big weights in no time. Don't even worry about it.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    You're going to be back at the big weights in no time. Don't even worry about it.
    Fawking right I am, brotha. :headbang:
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Both my log and I are starting at the bottom.
    I will raise your bottom to the 'taint.

    It's always darkest before the dawn.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    1)you're missing from my log too.

    2) workout recovery. You know how it is when you come back from a layoff...brutal. Eat & sleep will be my protocol.
    1) Not anymore.

    2) I do know how it is, and your way of thinking may help with recovery. Problem is, it could hurt in other areas. I don't think that level of increase would cause much damage, and I would be willing to risk it for the results. That's just my less harder working side talking though.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    1) Not anymore.

    2) I do know how it is, and your way of thinking may help with recovery. Problem is, it could hurt in other areas. I don't think that level of increase would cause much damage, and I would be willing to risk it for the results. That's just my less harder working side talking though.
    Finally. Pfft.

    I'm going to go with napalm on the TRT here. I've got my dosage balanced perfectly with my e2 consistently <20, my hematocrit around 45, and my levels nice and stable around 700. It's taken the better part of 2 years to get here, I'd best not rock the boat for another 150ng/dL of total test.

    I'm boring and non-adventurous.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  19. Why do you like to keep your E2 < 20?
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Why do you like to keep your E2 < 20?
    Personally, I like mine around 40-50, even if it renders me a little wet and more hysterical, lol. Joint health, less pain, lipids, bone strength, etc. Thing is, like with T, you have to take account of SHBG, which effects bioavailability.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Why do you like to keep your E2 < 20?
    I "operate" best between 17-24. That's when my libido is the strongest, and my mood is manageable. I'm not exceptionally stable , so as my E2 climbs, as does anxiety with a side of lethargy.

    I'm CRAZY sensitive to hormone changes.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  22. Not much today; did a bunch of rolling/ball/mobility work this AM, followed by 30' LISS

    This evening had another half hour mobility session followed by 20' HIIT on the elliptical and some 25 yd sprints.

    I'll do one more mobility session before bed.

    Benchins tomorrow.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Not much today; did a bunch of rolling/ball/mobility work this AM, followed by 30' LISS

    This evening had another half hour mobility session followed by 20' HIIT on the elliptical and some 25 yd sprints.

    I'll do one more mobility session before bed.

    Benchins tomorrow.
    Nice man. You're really up on getting your body primed for the workload to come. Solid
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Finally. Pfft.

    I'm going to go with napalm on the TRT here. I've got my dosage balanced perfectly with my e2 consistently <20, my hematocrit around 45, and my levels nice and stable around 700. It's taken the better part of 2 years to get here, I'd best not rock the boat for another 150ng/dL of total test.

    I'm boring and non-adventurous.
    I understand and respect your decision. E2 is one of the things I was referring to as far as damage. It's funny how we all react differently. My E2 hovers around 40 and I feel pretty good. I know 40 is on the higher end, but I guess I don't know much different. Maybe I'll talk to doc about lowering that a bit.
    I wouldn't call it boring and non-adventurous. I'd call it wise and and very self-aware. You've had enough crazy shlt go down in the past few months, no reason to push the envelope at this point.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I "operate" best between 17-24. That's when my libido is the strongest, and my mood is manageable. I'm not exceptionally stable , so as my E2 climbs, as does anxiety with a side of lethargy.

    I'm CRAZY sensitive to hormone changes.
    This all makes complete sense. Your SHBG is low, so you need less test and E2 to accomplish the same ends. This also means you are a fast metabolizer and may benefit from frequent shooting, which I believe you are already doing. In contrast, my SHBG is higher, and I operate better with TT around 1000 and E2 at 40-50. In the end, they can be functionally similar. It sounds like you've got it dialed in just right. It's all so variable.

    My libido actually drops when my E2 gets down to 20, and my joints get achey. But again, my SHBG is high, making the E2 less bioavailable.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

  26. Today-BENCHINS.

    Foam roll, shoulder health band set, lax ball mash, machine rows

    Bench-TM 365
    205x5
    235x5
    275x3
    Here's the fawkin deal-I lack confidence. I looked at rep speed on 275 and there's nothing to indicate I couldn't have pressed 5. No spotter, no cage, and a shoulder injury have me in that place where I'm not sure I'm good for those last 2-3, so I rack it. :frusty:

    PENDLAY ROWS SS W/ BW PULL-UPS
    155x8x4
    185x8x2
    SS
    BWx5/4/4/2/2
    Ugh. Fat ass.

    BW DIPS SS w/BAND FACE PULLS
    BWx8/6/6/4/4
    Band x 15x5

    BW PUSH UPS-FEET ELEVATED 18"
    12/10/6/2-FAILURE

    12' HIIT

    Vid coming.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  27. Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  28. The video is private.

  29. Nothing wrong with that, coming out of a shoulder injury. And you should lack some confidence -- that instinct evolved out of self protection of an injured protection.

    So good work. The confidence will build with assurances that the shoulder has recovered. I guarantee it. Take it from a guy who has survived 7 shoulder surgeries.

    All ready to go, sitting on the crapper, and it's a private video. Shucks.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

  30. Gay...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Tossing Weight With Torobestia: Powerlifting Log
    By Torobestia in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 665
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:10 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 02:30 PM
  3. House of biceps - Young powerlifting log
    By rubus in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 08:23 AM
  4. Log for Cutting (Using Bobo): Starting Tuesday, August 2
    By drewmofpo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Log in
Log in