Stronger Than the Day Before

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I mean, you have been hammering away up over 90% 1RM for weeks on end. Maybe just a one-off kinda day, maybe a sign to make a slight adjustment. Time will tell, but don't get worked up over it, man.
    Nah, it's all good. I was slightly down in workout capacity today too, so I just took it as a sign that I correctly timed my end to this cycle. Time to do a few weeks of 5-8 rep training on the main movements (except for deads) and let my CNS relax a little.

Today was bench day, though because my work capacity was diminished, I switched things up a bit.

BENCH:

8 Chins
    45 X 8
    135 X 8
    185 X 5 (paused)
    6 Chins
    225 X 3
    245 X 1
    5 Chins
    250 X 1
    8 Chins
    235 X 2
    225 X 3
    Dumbbell Row 100 X 6
    225 X 3
    Dumbbell Row 100 X 6
    225 X 1 (paused)
    Dumbbell Row 100 X 6
    225 X 3
    Dumbbell Row 100 X 6
    1 Chinup (paused for 20 secs. at max contraction)

Close-Grip Bench
    135 X 8
    185 X 6
    185 X 6
    185 X 5

Hammer curls for the girls

No rest btwn. sets
    20 lb. X 8 (each arm)
    25 X 6 ("")
    30 X 5 ("")

Repeat X 2

Dumbbell Lateral Raise (single arm)

10 lb. X 10
    15 X 8
    25 X 8
    35 X 6
    35 X 6
    35 X 5

Donesies!
    任重道远

2. Good call on the deload-ish. How long are you going to run that?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   

3. Nice work. See how much easier it is to bench, when it doesn't follow seated presses and incline, lol?!?!
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

4. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Good call on the deload-ish. How long are you going to run that?
    I'll run it for four weeks or so, while I do another cut. I feel so goddamn fat (even though I don't look much different), and I haven't done any cardio this cycle, so I feel like my GPP is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Nice work. See how much easier it is to bench, when it doesn't follow seated presses and incline, lol?!?!
    Yes, jinxie. Yes I do. lol
    任重道远

5. Skwatz

45 X 5
    135 X 5
    185 X 5
    225 X 3
    275 X 3
    315 X 2
    335 X 2
    365 X 1
    385 X 1
    405 X 1
    405 X 1
    365 X 1
    315 X 1
    任重道远
    •   

6. Nice squatting. You went heavier with less volume this time. Good work.
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

7. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Nice squatting. You went heavier with less volume this time. Good work.
    Thanks! Be prepared for a complete turn around starting Monday. My workouts are going to look a lot different... I'll probably catch some **** from the pure powerlifters, but it's all good. There's a method to my madness.
    任重道远

8. SUNDAY SURPRISE

To kick off my new regimen, I did some full deadlifting and posterior chain work, plus curls for the girls.

DL (beltless until 475... at which point I failed all three times... what the ****?)

Pullups
    BW X 5
    BW X 5
    BW X 5

135 X 5
    225 X 5
    315 X 5
    Pullups X 5
    365 X 3
    405 X 3
    Pullups X 5
    455 X 1
    475 X FAIL
    475 X FAIL
    475 X FAIL
    Pullups X 5

Standing T-Bar Row
    90 X 8
    135 X 5
    135 X 5
    135 X 5

DB Hammer Curls
    35 X 7
    35 X 7
    35 X 7

DB Curls with a twist
    20 X 6
    20 X 6
    20 X 6

I have ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, and greens to eat, so I skidaddled back home. I also have Jameson's and Coke Zero to wash it down with. A little of the ol' Irish painkiller to ease the aches.
    任重道远

9. You may want to reconsider heavy DLing the day after squats. Indeed, it may have only been around 18 hours. That may explain the failures (without the belt), in part. I don't recall, how old are you? For me, that's too much for my CNS. Then again, I am a delicate flower, lol.

I will take bourbon with my diet coke, thanks. That's what I was drinking last night, at a holiday formal.

10. I'm 25, and my CNS still seems to be able to handle quite a bit. I'm probably 10 years or so away from any major issues (I hope). But yeah, back to back may not have been the best idea... but sometimes you just gotta lift some heavy ****, you know?
    任重道远

11. Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrius View Post
    SKWATZ (and rack pulls because eff it)

135 X 5
    225 X 4
    275 X 3
    315 X 3
    365 X 2
    385 X 1
    405 X 1
    405 X 1
    405 X 1
    365 X 2
    365 X 2
    365 X 1
    315 X 1 - paused
    315 X 1 - paused
    315 X 1 - paused

Rack Pulls

135 X 5
    225 X 3
    315 X 5
    405 X 1
    455 X 1
    495 X 1
    405 X 1
    405 X 1
    405 X 1
    WOOOO!! Deeeemmmm SKWAAATTZZ. Nice

12. Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrius View Post
    I'm 25, and my CNS still seems to be able to handle quite a bit. I'm probably 10 years or so away from any major issues (I hope). But yeah, back to back may not have been the best idea... but sometimes you just gotta lift some heavy ****, you know?
    I was just reminded you did heavy rack pulls last evening too. That combined with squats definitely explains matters, irrespective of age (unless you are on gangloads of AAS, lol). You had to have been impaired materially from those two movements. But whatever, as long as you don't injure yourself. Still a productive sesh.

13. I agree with Jinxie, but then again, do what works for you dude. I know a couple guys that will do squat AND deadlift both Monday and Tuesday. One is quite successful. It may not be ideal for everyone though.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    I was just reminded you did heavy rack pulls last evening too. That combined with squats definitely explains matters, irrespective of age (unless you are on gangloads of AAS, lol). You had to have been impaired materially from those two movements. But whatever, as long as you don't injure yourself. Still a productive sesh.
    Oh, I didn't do those yesterday ;P that was a couple days ago. Still, the squats did take something from me. I felt really good today though. Big three-egg and toast breakfast helped.
    任重道远

15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I agree with Jinxie, but then again, do what works for you dude. I know a couple guys that will do squat AND deadlift both Monday and Tuesday. One is quite successful. It may not be ideal for everyone though.
    Yeah, not a normal session. But I'm not a normal person. Sometimes I'm a little sick and dumb. It works okay, though.

Next few weeks I will be splitting the days up, though. Programming to follow later, would appreciate tips from everyone. Also:

A quick Sunday survey:

List your strength idols, in order.

Mine -

Bill Kazmaier
    Jon Paul Sigmarsson
    Zydrunas Savickas
    Chuck Vogepohl
    Mariusz Pudzianowski
    Ab Wolders
    Brian Shaw
    任重道远

16. Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrius View Post
    Oh, I didn't do those yesterday ;P that was a couple days ago. Still, the squats did take something from me. I felt really good today though. Big three-egg and toast breakfast helped.
    Ah, my bad re the pulls. I see that lift was on the second, along with your prior squat sesh. Anyhow, just shedding light on the failures, not prescribing.

Keep on keepin' on. I am going to drag my old tattered body back to the gym again today. But my left shoulder is now screaming 24/7. I may need to take a pain pill -- a real pain pill -- to get through this.

17. Let's see, started watching WSM when I was little, so it would have to be guys like Janne Virtanen, Magnus Samuelsson, Jouko Ahola (them traps!), and then learning about how awesome Kaz was, obviously. Pudzian was next, he took the eff over. Then Ed Coan, Brandon Lilly, Dan Green, Dave Hoff, and Casey Williams. And of course Malanichev, that bad mothafücka.
    Training log:

18. I FORGOT COAN! Dammit
    任重道远

19. Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrius View Post
    I FORGOT COAN! Dammit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fgpg...%3D9Fgpg7dB7aw
    Training log:

20. Name:  DINNER.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  156.9 KB

Dinner. Be jealous, it's delicious despite my poor photography skills.
    任重道远

21. And klokov, that well rounded fück
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

22. Are you eating on a rug, lol? Looks like American food, but Japanese style on that plate on what looks like the floor/carpet, lol.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    And klokov, that well rounded fück
    Beastulicious. No homo.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Are you eating on a rug, lol? Looks like American food, but Japanese style on that plate on what looks like the floor, lol.
    Yeah, hahaha. I am. My girlfriend and I haven't bought a dining table yet (I was the sole breadwinner for a while, she just started work), so we eat on the floor in our living room. It's definitely American; delicious ham with mashed potatoes, a roll, and some greens. I'm stuffed, a fitting end to my last day of eating whatever I want for a month.

I also forgot Hideaki Inaba - Dude could squat and deadlift 4 or 5 times his weight - absolutely insane @ 114 lbs.
    任重道远

25. Ronnie Coleman-Proof that moving big weight just makes you a badass
    Doug Hepburn-Bad wheel and keep the weight moving
    CT Fletcher!- Just because I keep high volume a staple and love heavy weight....and talking SHI*T

Randoms atm that help keep my motivation pressing onward
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1 arm DB bent over row: one side stronger than the other
    By AutoKal47 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
  2. Testabolan v2 is back...and stronger than before.
    By VaughnTrue in forum I-Force Nutrition
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 09:34 PM
  3. Is it bad to drink the day before you lift
    By killamac27 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 09:07 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 03:23 PM
  5. Funny Steroid Question of the Day....
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 04:26 PM