PumpHouses Juggernaut Log

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Hey everyone. Figured I may as well log this. I'm using the Inverted Juggernaut method for all lifts except my deadlift. My back seems to be doing well after an injury a while ago, but I set all my weights VERY LOW so I could ease back into it and build some momentum.

Hope y'all enjoy.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Cycle 1 8's wave Accumulation phase

Yesterday 11/4

Warm up
Plyo push ups 3x3

Standing Strict Military press
1x10x45
1x10x65
9x5x85
1x22x85

Lat pulldowns
5x10x180

Incline DB press
5x8x80

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards

Warm up
Box jumps 4x3

Squats
2x10x45
1x10x95
1x6x135
1x5x155
7x5x195
1x18x195

SLDL
5x10x225

Planks
3x45 secs

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Awesome! I'm actually going to do videos this time.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A Juggernaut Method log? Sounds interesting.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Hopefully it will be an interesting log. Except the fact that I set all my lifts embarrassingly low. So it's more of a Juggernaut/Recovery log.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Rest Day.

1 hour of stretching with my martial arts girls. Then did about 30 minutes of PVC rolling and lax ball mashing on my hips and hamstrings. Very tight for some reason.

Might get some light jogging in tonight. Im feeling winded too easily these days.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards

Warm up
Med ball throws 5x8

Bench press
2x10x45
1x10x95
1x6x135
7x5x155
1x16x155

CGBP
5x10x135

Face pulls
3x15xlight

Klokov press
3x10x95

My bench feels incredible. It's real light, but everything seems to be falling into place. Lots of speed.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Deadlifts today.

Warm up

Deadlift
Bar was raised 2" up.
4x6x225

Was so wiped from these I literally sucked at everything else. My back is still healing. It's been 7-8 weeks since I've pulled anything. I felt good though, just got fatigued quickly.

Shrugs, cable rows, curls.
Done circuit style 3x8

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amazing how only lots of pulls can prepare you for lots of pulls, isn't it? They always put a hurtin on me when I get back into them.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
It's crazy, I look at the volume I was doing on the coan routine 7 weeks ago, and I look at 4 sets of literally half the weight today and was floored haha. I love deadlifts, they really turn you into a man.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Cycle 1 8's intensification phase

Warm up
Agile 8
Plyo push-ups 3x3

Strict OHP
3x8x45
1x6x65
1x3x85
7x3x95
1x14x95

Incline DB press
3x10x70

Pull-ups
3x5xbw

Band push downs
3x25x(off brand orange bands)

My OHP feels solid, i think I set the number pretty low, but that's fine.

Checked my weight today and realized I'm 198. Actually looking quite a bit bigger. Leaner too.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Just lax ball mashed my glutes and rear delts. Didn't even cry.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Cycle 1 8's Wave Intensification phase

Warm up
Box jumps 5x2

Squats
1x10x45
1x5x95
1x5x135
1x3x185
7x3x225
1x9x225

SLDL
5x10x185

Planks
2xfailure

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of work right there. How's it feeling?

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
It's not bad. I haven't been wearing my belt lately because the weights have been so light so my core is more destroyed lately than usual. But other than that I feel good. My back feels strong and my work capacity seems to be way up. My form all seems tighter. So I expect to be coming back strong in a few months. I'm definitely getting some bulk in my shoulders from all this upper body volume.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going beltless after I hurt my back was instrumental to my recovery. I did lots of stuff beltless just to become more stable. Got away from it this cycle because it's all freaking heavy, but sans belt is definitely an awesome way to go.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Rest day. 30 minutes of stretching with my martial arts ladies. Pretty basic stuff but I'm very tight after squatting. So it helps.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Thanks man. I'll attempt to make it interesting.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Cycle 1 8's wave Intensifucation phase

Warm up
Med ball throws 5x5

Bench
1x10x45
1x10x95
1x6x135
1x4x135
1x3x155
7x3x175
1x13x175

Skullcrushers
3x10x120

DB military press
3x15x45

Face pulls
3x20xlight bands

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Felt great. I'm happy with my bench.

My conditioning is getting insane. Whole workout minus the warm up, took 35 minutes.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Went for a long walk today with the lady, that is going to be the extent of my activity for today. Taught my usual self-defense class but it was fairly tame today. Maybe foam roll a bit although I'm feeling good.

Going to have a gimlet and relax the rest of the day. Deadlifts in the morning.

(Exciting entry?)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mondo exciting. Long walk on the beach?

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Nah just around the neighborhoods. She had yoga pants on, so it was exciting for me at least.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
No deadlifting today. Too many clients, too much work.

10 am tomorrow morning I'll deadlift.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Warm up

Deadlifts
2x5x135
1x2x185
1x1x225
6x1x275

Felt pretty good no back pain, so that's the important thing.

Round back GMs
3x10x95

Cable wide attarcent rows
4x12x125

Curls
2x21'sx85

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
8's wave Realization phase

Warm up
Strict OHP
2x8x45
1x6x65
1x5x95
1x3x95
1x14x105

Had to rush so...

Pull-ups
5x5
Superset with push-ups
5x15

Quick day. Not too bad, excited for this week. Raisin that TM!

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Going to have to bench this week without a spot, so I may not be able to push it as far as I'd like unless I can find someone around the gym who knows what they're doing.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Going to have to bench this week without a spot, so I may not be able to push it as far as I'd like unless I can find someone around the gym who knows what they're doing.
I freaking hate that. Just be sure to give specific instructions on what you want in a hand off.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
8's wave Realization phase

Warm up
Agile 8

Squats
3x5x45
1x5x135
2x3x185
1x2x225
1x12x245

These felt awesome, I was able to get very low and very explosive with these, I'd honestly put my max somewhere around 350 right now, which for this soon after an injury, is pretty ****ing solid. Once I hit a clean 425 lb single, I'll set another competition date so I can qualify for USPA nationals this year. The back feels really good though. So i think this was a perfect program for a comeback.

Russian curls
5x6xbodyweight

Standing calf raises
3x20x135

Then I just rolled and stretched a bit, I was worn down.

On a seperate note, I got into a sort of confrontation with some guys. They tried taking my collars as we were loading up. Claiming they had the bar before us so they were theirs. Chased em off but the best part was, my girlfriend got all pissed off (all 106 pounds of her) and yelled at The two guys, demanding they give her "clippies" back. She got all fired up and saw them mean mugging in the mirror, she then proceeded to hit her first ever double bodyweight squat (for 3 ****ing reps) all in an attempt to out squat the douchebags who took her "clippies" haha.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome stuff here, man! Keep up the good work. Gotta get you competing and qualified!

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Awesome stuff here, man! Keep up the good work. Gotta get you competing and qualified!
Thanks man I'm itching to compete again. I'm thinking February will be the time. I should have a class II total by then.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Took a rest day. No martial arts no lifting no conditioning. Just quality time with a lax ball and a bottle of G'Vine.

Going to bench tomorrow, my goal is 14 reps at 190 lbs. I'll try to find a spotter who can accommodate that.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
8's wave realization phase

Warm up
Med ball throws 3x3

Bench
2x15x45
2x5x135
1x2x155
1x2x165
1x13x190

Very close to my goal. Spotter had to tip it off me. He did well.

Nose breakers
1x100x25 lbs

DB shoulder press
5x10x50 lbs

Lateral raises
3x15x15

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
New adjusted training maxes for the 5's wave will be:

Military press 140#
Bench 252.5#
Squat 315#

I really want to bump the squat up, but I'm going to finish the program as its written and let my back feel perfect before raising it up again. After this program (9more weeks) ill test my maxes and start fresh on 5/3/1. Although I'm honestly loving the juggernaut method. So I may repeat again. We'll see, I just don't think it leaves me with enough low rep work to be ready for a competition. I feel more athletic then ever though.

Wouldn't mind some input on which program to run next.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I only read the first book once, and it was awhile ago. Does it leave room to maybe throw in a joker set in occasion, or even just do an overloading exercise as an assistance movement?

I had the same issue with 5/3/1 at first. Then I switched to 3/5/1 where every other week(not including deloads) you at least hit a training max. On top of that if you are up to it you can hit joker sets. I've only hit joker sets once just as a little heavier tester to gauge openers for a comp.

Those two paragraphs aside, if your 1 rep maxes go up when tested I'd say it is working pretty good, maybe just tweak it. 5/3/1 is solid though if you want a switch. It is stupid simple for me, who can be simply stupid.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
CWS talks a bit about how I add in some heavier work. Basically on week 2 of each wave your tossing in an extra high percentage set, but it still would mean that In a 12 week time frame I'd only pull two sets above 90%. Which may be fine I'm not sure.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Warm up

Deadlifts from 1" deficit
2x5x135
1x2x185
1x2x225
1x1x275
2x1x295
2x1x315
2x1x335

These were great. Heaviest in what feels like forever.

Cable rows
5x10x200

Preacher curl machine
1x100x20

Shrugs
3x15x135

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
CWS talks a bit about how I add in some heavier work. Basically on week 2 of each wave your tossing in an extra high percentage set, but it still would mean that In a 12 week time frame I'd only pull two sets above 90%. Which may be fine I'm not sure.
Yea if you read the pros some guys go super heavy a lot and some guys say they train at like 80% for the most part. Really hard to tell I guess until we all try.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Just deloading this week I may or may not update. Barely lifting lots of eating.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interesting approach. I am a volume guy too, who likes to stay really conditioned as well.

Sub'd.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
It's not my usual approach. I enjoy hitting 8 sets then going home and pounding back poptarts. But i love how athletic I feel lately, so I may stick with this for a while. Not sure.

Welcome though!

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Deep fried turducken is on the menu tomorrow. So very excited.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Warm up
Agile 8

Deadlifts
6x5x225

Bb rows
3x20x115

Shrugs DB
5x10x90

DB curls
2x15x30

Those deadlifts are tough. I was supposed to go a bit heavier on em, but I'm bad at sleep right now so I went light. Still tough though.

I'm not sure what was going on but I just couldn't seem to get the bar close, it just drifted with every rep. I think my head just wasn't there today.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Cycle 1 Accumulation phase 5's wave

Plyo push-ups 6x2
Warm up

Strict OHP
5x5@100#
1x11@100#

Pull-ups
5x5@my own fatass

Hammer strength incline presses