Page 3 of 22 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Strangely enough it did, 385 isn't light and it gave me no issues. I think it's just a new game of really paying attention to my sleep habits and adjusting training based on that.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Holy shìt! Andrey Melanichev just hit a 1100kg total!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

http://youtu.be/cv9nRCJRtac

405kg deadlift and an 1100 kg total.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    http://youtu.be/cv9nRCJRtac 405kg deadlift and an 1100 kg total.
    He's a beast. Sucks that he missed his 3rd squat though. It was fast as hell.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

He's a beast. Sucks that he missed his 3rd squat though. It was fast as hell.
    Barely missed it! Still just insane.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

What's everyone's opinions on Rack Lockouts?

Edit: for bench and for squats.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

What's everyone's opinions on Rack Lockouts? Edit: for bench and for squats.
    Not for squats. I see guys fücking their form up so badly doing squats off of pins. For bench I could see it good for building the triceps.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Yeah, that's what I figured for squats. I'm thinking of adding the lockouts in for bench. Build some confidence with heavier weights. My usual tricep work is getting stale.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.16%

Yeah, raw too

Tuscherer just hit a record too... 337.5 / 207.5 / 371kg - IPF
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.15%

What's everyone's opinions on Rack Lockouts?

Edit: for bench and for squats.
    If you have a weak lockout rack lockouts on bench may be a good exercise to use to strengthen that range of motion. Obviously it'll have high transference compared to an extension or pushdown exercise, for instance, since the movement is closer to a bench press.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.15%

Yeah, that's what I figured for squats. I'm thinking of adding the lockouts in for bench. Build some confidence with heavier weights. My usual tricep work is getting stale.
    You totally can use bench rack lockouts for building confidence with the bench, or boards (boards might be better), but if you have these tools I think better options are slingshot or reverse band bench.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.16%

Yeah, raw too

Tuscherer hit a record 337.5 / 207.5 / 371kg - IPF
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.15%

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Yeah, raw too

Tuscherer just hit a record too... 337.5 / 207.5 / 371kg - IPF
    Yeah, Mike killed it this weekend. New all-time raw w/ wraps WR is the biggest highlight for me.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

I don't have boards or a slingshot, I've been meaning to pick one up. I pretty much work with the bare minimums, no bands, no chains, no boards.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.16%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Not for squats. I see guys fücking their form up so badly doing squats off of pins. For bench I could see it good for building the triceps.
    Agree.
    Certainly might help a weakness in some cases perhaps, depending on where it is, but the weakness might be built along the way with the full range too.
    Maybe the L.O.'s might be good to add volume without a fuller ROM and burning up energy in the entire lift. I have heard that reason for some pin pulls, (saving the low back from a longer range pull) but again, I think they only really transfer well, (for me) if they are below the knees area. So there might be an area of no return or good for BP's. Like Sean mentioned, not sure about squats, since I don't know many if any who do em and get transfer to fuller ROM!?!?
    Also, I knew a guy who lived on "partials" but he knew partials only went so far. He did get very strong doing the partials no doubt as he was able to pull #1000 off the pins with a less than 1" ROM @ a BW of like #170. Here's the thing, his full ROM pull, was less than mine at the time. #480-#500.
    He then asked me..., Dude, if you could get your DL up by doing heavy partials, why would you do full range lifts? It made sense actually.

Joe Guadagno a #148 bencher from years back 80's, swore that rack lockouts made his tris harder. I tried them for a while, but was not able to get the carryover he did, so I guess my problem was not the tris.
    Maybe YMMV...!?!?
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Good input. I think it might be worth a try, for bench anyways. But, at the very least I could use a confidence boost, with the injury and the juggernaut program, I really feel like I need to hit something heavy, just to feel confident. I'm not going to replace bench, it's going to be used as assistance, switching between them and a higher rep close grip incline.

The metal militia guys talk highly of lock outs. Maybe I'll just cough up 50$ for a slingshot haha. We'll see. Thanks for the input guys.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%

Good input. I think it might be worth a try, for bench anyways. But, at the very least I could use a confidence boost, with the injury and the juggernaut program, I really feel like I need to hit something heavy, just to feel confident. I'm not going to replace bench, it's going to be used as assistance, switching between them and a higher rep close grip incline. The metal militia guys talk highly of lock outs. Maybe I'll just cough up 50$ for a slingshot haha. We'll see. Thanks for the input guys.
    You can make a poor mans slingshot from resistance bands too. Use a rolled up towel or peice of foam to act as a 2-board as well. Let us know how the rack lockouts go.

If you want to overload a squat, then reverse band it.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

I really need to invest in bands. I have some but they're physical therapy bands, not much resistance. I need mo money.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I would say boards for lockout work and for heavy weight. Just buy an 8' 2x6 and cut it in 18" lengths. For the heavy ass lockout work, take a four board and go hard touch, almost a bounce and go off your chest. Just saw a good article about board work on Elite FTS last night. It's from earlier this week. I really like pin work at chest level. Rest on pins, blast it up. No need to make the lockout stronger if you get lightning fast off of the chest.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I would say boards for lockout work and for heavy weight. Just buy an 8' 2x6 and cut it in 18" lengths. For the heavy ass lockout work, take a four board and go hard touch, almost a bounce and go off your chest. Just saw a good article about board work on Elite FTS last night. It's from earlier this week. I really like pin work at chest level. Rest on pins, blast it up. No need to make the lockout stronger if you get lightning fast off of the chest.
    Well, I'm great off the chest, but tend to stick about halfway up, or slightly above that. Would setting the pins am inch or two above be a good idea?

Edit: an inch or two above the chest I mean.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

Well, I'm great off the chest, but tend to stick about halfway up, or slightly above that. Would setting the pins am inch or two above be a good idea?
    Yeah, for sure. That's how it's supposed to be done. If you're sticking halfway up, your delts need to get stronger, provided your form is on point. You need delt strength to flare the elbows out and goove it into lockout.

A 2-board would be a nice option for you for that range. I'll try to find that board pressing article for you. I always thought that all you needed to know about board presses was "Lay board on chest and press."
    Training log:
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.23%

Edit: an inch or two above the chest I mean.
    Sounds like you may need some more triceps work. I would set the pins just below where you get stuck, to work on your lockout. Also consider floor presses, and board presses. Of course, others here are better qualified to help.

Also, consider switching up your pause work to hit more lockouts. Undoubtedly, the pauses will cause greater fatigue and thus less lockouts, interfering with correcting the deficit.

edit: I see @herderdude beat me to the punch, while I was typing my post. I agree with him re the delts, as well. I find CGBP helps both, as do floor presses. For more strict focus on tris, reverse-grip bench press.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Sounds like you may need some more triceps work. I would set the pins just below where you get stuck, to work on your lockout. Also consider floor presses, and board presses. Of course, others here are better qualified to help. Also, consider switching up your pause work to hit more lockouts. Undoubtedly, the pauses will cause greater fatigue and thus less lockouts, interfering with correcting the deficit.
    Boom.

Floor press would be an easy substitute since you don't have any boards.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Okay, so maybe scrap the pin presses for some heavy floor presses, and keep the incline CG pressing which should attack the delts and triceps well.

My concern with floor presses is I tend to feel them heavily in my chest, less so my triceps, even when I relax at the bottom. Does that sound off?
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

Here's the board article:

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...rd-pressing-2/

You might feel floor presses in your chest more, that's entirely possible. I always feel board and floor presses in my pecs, whereas full range bench I seem to skirt around working that area. Could be your form, as well.
    Training log:
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Here's the board article:

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...rd-pressing-2/

You might feel floor presses in your chest more, that's entirely possible. I always feel board and floor presses in my pecs, whereas full range bench I seem to skirt around working that area. Could be your form, as well.
    But it's not necessarily a bad thing? That in and of itself doesn't indicate bad form?

The way people talk about floor presses being so great for tris makes me think I'm doing it wrong lol, or my triceps are just stronger then I think.

Thanks for the article, reading through it now.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

But it's not necessarily a bad thing? That in and of itself doesn't indicate bad form?

The way people talk about floor presses being so great for tris makes me think I'm doing it wrong lol, or my triceps are just stronger then I think.

I never worry about where I "feel" a movement. I just use my logs to see if the addition/subtraction of a movement yields results.

If you want to feel your triceps working, do some Tate presses, JM presses, and rolling triceps extension. Those three build the triceps down by the elbow where you need it to lock out big weight.

I stand by what I say that the midrange of the bench is a transition area, where the delts are what carries you through it. Faster off of the chest to blow through your sticking point, and more delts to drive your elbows out once it slows down.

Rarely do raw benchers need direct lockout work, at that point it's more of a technique issue.
    Training log:
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.23%

I think your triceps are the weak link. I am not sure how you can't feel floor presses in your triceps, but YMMV. I will tell you one thing for certain, you will nail them with reverse-grip bench presses. Not a doubt in my mind. So you may wish to consider those. Once you get comfortable, you can really load the bar with these, contrary to how it may seem.

Edit: maybe I am out to lunch on the triceps. Truth is, I am so delt/triceps dominant, that I can't fully relate. But I will maintain, reverse-grip bench pressing likely will help. They make you much more explosive.
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

The best way to determine what you need to improve would be to video your sets, that way either Jinxie or myself can rub it in the other's face when we see who got it right. Though the important thing is you getting a PR bench.
    Training log:
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

I'll get the girlfried to video this Thursdays bench session. I asked a few pages ago, but is there a way to upload video without YouTube?

A bench PR would be great.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.23%

The best way to determine what you need to improve would be to video your sets, that way either Jinxie or myself can rub it in the other's face when we see who got it right. Though the important thing is you getting a PR bench.
    Lol. Like you, I believe, I don't rub my dog's nose in it, dawg.

And you are abundantly more knowledgeable than me when it comes to these matters, no doubt in my mind about that.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Cycle 1 5's wave intensification phase

Warm up
    Shoulder dislocations

Strict military press
    2x10x45
    2x5x65
    1x4x85
    1x2x95
    3x5x110
    1x7x110

Pull-ups
    5x5xfat ass

Lying barbell front raises
    3x10x45

Feet elevated push-ups
    2x25

Fat grip hammer curls
    3x8x30's
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

So my roommate works at Home Depot, and he's crafty. So he's going to make me a set of boards for christmas.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.29%

So my roommate works at Home Depot, and he's crafty. So he's going to make me a set of boards for christmas.
    I got happy for you and the old school beastie boys song in my head all at once. Good post
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.23%

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I got happy for you and the old school beastie boys song in my head all at once. Good post
    I would prefer "she's crafty," over he. But that's just me.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.29%

Lmao jinx
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

Cycle 1 Intensification phase 5's wave

Warm up
    Agile 8

Squats
    2x5x45
    Sat at the bottom and wiggled around to find a good spot, no back pain
    1x6x135
    1x4x185
    1x3x225
    4x5x245

No pain in my back, was having some trouble with my wrist, probably just beat up from OHP. No real issue though.

Unilateral leg press
    5x10x180

Standing cable crunches
    3x8xHeavy!

Planks with 55 lb weight vest
    3x45 secs

Standing calf raises
    3x20x190

Pretty solid day, glutes were firing like a champ, bar speed was great, except that with my wrist messing up I couldn't keep the bar in place well.

Weighed in at 191.

I need some ideas for getting a stronger core. I'm finding my chest is dipping more than I'd like. So, open to any input you guys have. I like the standing crunches but honestly not sure how much they really are helping.

I'm also going to start doing some DE or RE squats on my deadlift day. Probably start that in a few weeks.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

For the core, I like the ab wheel, heavy ass dumbbell side bends, front squat holds (hanging chain makes these harder), and back squat walkouts/unracks. Also doing as much unbelted work as I possibly can.
    Training log:
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

For the core, I like the ab wheel, heavy ass dumbbell side bends, front squat holds (hanging chain makes these harder), and back squat walkouts/unracks. Also doing as much unbelted work as I possibly can.
    Didn't use a belt today. I have an ab wheel, I'll have to steal it back from my dad. Walkouts, might be a good idea. Do you have a specific way of programming them?
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

Didn't use a belt today. I have an ab wheel, I'll have to steal it back from my dad. Walkouts, might be a good idea. Do you have a specific way of programming them?
    Not really, I just did them a few times getting prepped for this meet. Front squat holds you can do pretty much whenever, they're not as heavy and hard on your body as a walkout. I'd do walkouts every other week or every three weeks. Just take small jumps like you would if you were gonna squat the weight, until you get to a weight you wouldn't want to walk out. Just unrack and hold that weight.
    Training log:

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 04:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format