1x3x205
    1x5x225

Skull crushers
    2 sets to failure @ 95#

Superset Cable rows and rear delt flyes
    4x12

Barbell curls
    3x15x65#

2. I know this isn't the place for this, but if i started a seperate thread some jackhole would turn it into a gun control argument.

This type of stuff:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...killer-3614553

Really really makes me mad. It also makes me despise BB.com's "misc".
    •   

3. Wtf is this!?

The "Misc" is a subculture to never be taken seriously about this ****. I used to Misc but haven't in a long long time. Foreveralone is a normal status quo there. Granted I am not saying they didn't hurt the situation.

But this dude obviously had some serious **** going in mentally and his friend doesn't know what the **** he is talking about.

Very sad about the lives taken, though. It is a shame.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

4. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Wtf is this!?

The "Misc" is a subculture to never be taken seriously about this ****. I used to Misc but haven't in a long long time. Foreveralone is a normal status quo there. Granted I am not saying they didn't hurt the situation.

But this dude obviously had some serious **** going in mentally and his friend doesn't know what the **** he is talking about.

Very sad about the lives taken, though. It is a shame.
    The thing is, he didn't have any friends. This guy is just some joker from the misc I'm sure. Trying to make a joke out of a tragedy. It's shameful.

For whatever it's worth, I sat next to elliot Rogers in a high school class freshman year. The kid was very very ill. That's why I'm so fired about about this stuff.

5. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post

The thing is, he didn't have any friends. This guy is just some joker from the misc I'm sure. Trying to make a joke out of a tragedy. It's shameful.

For whatever it's worth, I sat next to elliot Rogers in a high school class freshman year. The kid was very very ill. That's why I'm so fired about about this stuff.
    Wait, is the "friend" in the article a miscer just ****ing around?
    Training Log
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

Wait, is the "friend" in the article a miscer just ****ing around?
    That's what I would assume.

7. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post

That's what I would assume.
    If that is the case that is pretty messed up then. I can't(or can) believe the press would buy that ****.
    Training Log

8. This was put up in the supplement section under "next on the chopping block" FYI
    Training Log

9. DE Lower body day

Warm up

Deadlifts
    2x3x135
    2x3x185
    8x2x225

Moved real fast today. Back felt great.

Quad extensions
    2xfailure

Standing calf raises
    3x15

Then did some heavy core and oblique work for 5 sets of 8.

I have some high hopes for the future. I've decided to start working hard on getting my stance to go wide on squats and I have a feeling that right there will be a turning point. My pulls feel strong as long as my back is feeling good but my plan is to work on adding some serious size to my glutes and hopefully that'll support my back.

As far as my bench goes I think next week I'll go into mendelsons gym and have him critique me. Should be a great experience.

10. Just got off the phone with scot mendelson. I'll be hanging out with him and Dave hoff on Saturday for a bench seminar.

11. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Just got off the phone with scot mendelson. I'll be hanging out with him and Dave hoff on Saturday for a bench seminar.
    HUGE. Not one, but two 1000# benchers. Awesome.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

12. Just hung out with scot mendelson for about half an hour. Saw his gym. It's a cool place. Monolift, GHR, DBs up to 200. All the things I want.

I'm debating signing on as a trainer there.

13. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Just hung out with scot mendelson for about half an hour. Saw his gym. It's a cool place. Monolift, GHR, DBs up to 200. All the things I want.

I'm debating signing on as a trainer there.
    Wow, good on you kiddo, sounds like a good experience.

My pulls feel strong as long as my back is feeling good but my plan is to work on adding some serious size to my glutes and hopefully that'll support my back.
    I think it helps mine, along with my low back/lumbars too.

14. ME lower body day

Warm up
    Hip/groin stretches
    Ductor mashing

Beltless pause squats (5-second pause)
    2x5x45
    3x3x135
    2x3x185
    1x5x225
    1x3x245

These felt incredible today. After reading all about the "Scottish hip" thing, I decided to push my stance out real wide. It took longer to get my hips to open up, but once it did I felt REALLY strong and with the long pause I held form way better than usual. It wasn't crazy heavy but it felt good. Depth isn't all there yet, one guy I lift with gave me a white light, but he's known to be forgiving on depth. So we'll see, I'll work on it. I really really felt good though. Much more glute involvement than usual.

That's all I did though, I want to be fresh for the seminar on Saturday.

15. Woof on the 5s pauses. Nice work. Very interested to see how your stance pans out. Something in the Chris Duffin video about cheating was saying that guys of Eastern European descent will generally tend toward a more narrow stance due to their hip structure. That aligns with how I've always squatted. I've crept my stance out over the past year, but it's still relatively narrow.
    Training log:

16. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Woof on the 5s pauses. Nice work. Very interested to see how your stance pans out. Something in the Chris Duffin video about cheating was saying that guys of Eastern European descent will generally tend toward a more narrow stance due to their hip structure. That aligns with how I've always squatted. I've crept my stance out over the past year, but it's still relatively narrow.
    Yeah McGill refers to it as "Scottish Hip" and I believe "polish hip". Deep sockets on the Scottish an shallow on the polish. Interesting stuff. But the wide stuff felt great and really allowed me to use my glutes. I'm going to play with it for a while. I'm second generation irish so who knows, could be a thing.

Fingers crossed! I need to start getting my squat up.

17. I gotta read up on that! And good work, man. I've been avoiding pause squats lol
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I gotta read up on that! And good work, man. I've been avoiding pause squats lol
    http://www.themovementfix.com/the-be...t-differently/

19. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    I'm second generation irish so who knows, could be a thing.
    I like your "spring" soap...!

Fingers crossed! I need to start getting my squat up.
    You're gettin' there, just have a bit of patience, as that is a lift that can move up over longer cycles of time and then you can ride (relative to you) heavy weights for years. (depending on your training of course)
    I am not as old as dirt, but I was around when it was new and I would be willing to bet, my DL has not fallen below #500-#550 for years now and my squat has been near #400 in that same time frame. I am not looking for cheers or points, but IMO, you just have to train a little smart and know when to put the brakes on and know when to hit it hard.

20. Thanks paul. I'm working on the patience thing.

21. Hoff and mendy. Learned some good stuff at this seminar.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

22. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Hoff and mendy. Learned some good stuff at this seminar.
    Unreal fücking cool! That had to have been amazing. I saw a video of those two taking 45 seconds to get into a sedan on facebook, hilarious.
    Training log:

23. It was awesome lol. Rich Piana was there as well. It's pretty crazy when someone like mendelson shows you how to bench because he just manhandles you into the perfect position. Lifted me up by my traps and pushed me into place lol.

My leg drive did things I never thought it could do.

24. ME upper body

Wide grip bench (past comp legal)
    3x10x45
    2x3x135
    1x3x185
    1x5x205
    1x3x225

DB bench
    2xfailure with 65# Dbs

DB rows superset with shrugs. Did 3 sets of 20 with the 65's.

DB curls
    3x12x27.5's

DB shrugs
    1x15x85's

25. I got some new toys. Girlfriend bought me a 2-board and a set of onyx Mini's.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 03:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 03:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format
    By Matthew D in forum Training Forum