PumpHouses Juggernaut Log

Page 16 of 33 First ... 1415161718 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Alright well here's my news. I was contacted by the USABA. The United States Association of Blind Athletes. They want me to compete in Powerlifting at the 2015 IBSA Olympic Games (international blind sports association) in South Korea. So a free trip to Korea to lift heavy sht. They've also invited me to train at the Olympic center (the real one in Colorado.) Which has been kind of a dream of mine since my wrestling/judo days.
    Wow!

I had no idea you were blind. That's pretty incredible. You've got to be ecstatic, man. Congratulations! I really hope you maintain this log on your way there man. ****ing cool.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. This log has been amazing for me. I get all my questions answered immediately haha. I'll keep it up.

It's definitely cool news. I'm very excited. I need to work my ass off towards a 340 bench though.

And yeah, I don't usually use the word "blind" or "disabled". But as it stands medically I'm legally blind. I have enough vision to read print on my phone but that's about it. Shapes and colors any further away. Total blindness in the second eye.

Thanks Sean!
    •   

3. That's pretty impressive dude. Good for you.

Time to get super cereal.
    [email protected]

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    That's pretty impressive dude. Good for you.

Time to get super cereal.
    The world IBSA 198 bench record is 334. It's also stood since 1984. There oldest record. I wanna beat it! Super cereal.

5. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    The world IBSA 198 bench record is 334. It's also stood since 1984. There oldest record. I wanna beat it! Super cereal.
    What about squat and deadlift? 334 will be achievable for you.

I assume this is drug tested as well?
    [email protected]

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

What about squat and deadlift? 334 will be achievable for you.

I assume this is drug tested as well?
    Squat record is 462 and deadlift is 562. Total is 1273.

And yeah they'll be drug testing me. So no anabolics can happen. It actually seems kind of strict in that department. Have to agree to random offseason testing.

7. Incredible news Pumphouse! I'm stoked for you!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

8. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Incredible news Pumphouse! I'm stoked for you!
    Thanks rob!

9. This is an incredible opportunity! Congrats, man! Time to knuckle down and get your name in the books.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    This is an incredible opportunity! Congrats, man! Time to knuckle down and get your name in the books.
    Thanks herder! I'll be looking to you for some serious help on my bench.
    •   

11. 6 days out

SuperD shoulder & pec stuff. Actually opened me up like crazy. Also did some Kstarr stretching and mashing stuff for the scap.

Then just hit some bull****

Lateral raises 5x10x20#

Curls 5x10x20#

Tricep push downs 5x15

12. How often do you guys think it's productive to do the same mobility stuff? I'm going to the gym today to be supportive of a training partner, but just so I'm not bored I was thinking of doing some of the SuperD shoulder setting stuff again. Bad idea?

13. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    How often do you guys think it's productive to do the same mobility stuff? I'm going to the gym today to be supportive of a training partner, but just so I'm not bored I was thinking of doing some of the SuperD shoulder setting stuff again. Bad idea?
    Hell no it's not a bad idea! Some things could make you overly loose if you overdo them for a long period of time and they're not the actual problem, but setting, activation and whatnot are never bad ideas. I hung yesterday and twice today to tame my lower back.
    Training log:

14. If mashing I don't find a tender spot relatively quick I don't waste time in the area. Most of the time I go by need first, and then by what I am getting ready for. I don't think it can hurt to do superD stuff again though.
    Training Log

15. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Hell no it's not a bad idea! Some things could make you overly loose if you overdo them for a long period of time and they're not the actual problem, but setting, activation and whatnot are never bad ideas. I hung yesterday and twice today to tame my lower back.
    x2. Cressey wrote an article saying that stuff needs to be done every day in order to make a permanent change, not just preworkout. Example: foam roll 3x a day but for 30 seconds, not just 5 minutes preworkout.

Attack issues first, then just work on maintaining everything else.
    [email protected]

16. Great! More shoulder setting then!

If you guys have any scap stuff you'd like to share, my girlfriends scap is feeling pretty beat up. And she has an elite deadlift to hit this weekend lol. She's been mashing and doing some stretches but not really feeling much better.
  17. Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]

18. I would have her do superD stuff with you. Also check out Eric Cressey thoracic mobility exercises. Aside from that maintain that scapular integrity the whole time through the squat(until it is racked) and the whole time on bench. Sometimes we(me) can get lose when racking a squat thinking "thank god that is done" when really that weight is still there.

Edit: Big Sean to the rescue on the mobility stuff!
    Training Log

19. You guys are better than google.

20. 5 days out

Did some spinal decompression. Then some shoulder setting with the kettlebell. Some more superD stuff. I did some squats with just the bar. Foam rolled my hamstrings and IT band. Then mashed my pecs and shoulders. Pretty good stuff.

21. 4 days out

Hip and hamstring stretch
    Pec mash

5 sets of squats at 135# just to open up my hips and groin a bit. Everything felt great.

Stretched a bit more

3 sets each of leg curls, calf raises, and extensions. Very light

Hit some light face pulls.

Weighed at about 192 so no worries there.

22. Roster was posted tonight so I facebook stalked the competition. I'm going to get destroyed lol.

23. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Roster was posted tonight so I facebook stalked the competition. I'm going to get destroyed lol.
    Make up a phantom injury story like "yea I used to squat 650, leg got amputated, coming back slow ya know?"
    Training Log

24. Lol rob! ^

2 days out

Just came from the Friday weigh ins. Girlfriend made weight by .1 pounds lol.

Cool facility. It's a crossfit gym, but a pretty massive one. I'm getting excited. All I want is an 1100 lb total.

Edit: all I want is a 1700 lb total. But realistically 1100 is the goal.

25. 1 day out

Girlfriend competed today. Had some problems with her squat so only ended up with a 168. But came away with a 93 lb bench and hit a very fast very easy 253 deadlift on a 4th attempt.

Saw a girl hit a 414 deadlift. Mind blown.

Great turnout, the meet was put on very well and we had our friends and family out supporting. They decided to tailgate the event so they were drinking an cooking up some great tri tip.

26. Rest up brother! Good luck
    [email protected]

27. Your turn homie! Let's make it happen.
    Training log:

28. Girlfriends deadlift from yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

29. Nice! Congrats for you two, man.

*cough*camo yoga pants
    [email protected]

30. Go get em man! Good luck!
    Training Log

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44