Journey to Elite

Page 3 of 74 First 12345 ... Last

1. My ego is killing me to do this, but I'm taking a few days off from training. I'll still be doing mobility work for my hips during the week even though I'm taking the rest of the week off from training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. It'll be worth it.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My ego is killing me to do this, but I'm taking a few days off from training.
    If anything has kept me from "intelligently" moving ahead at times, it is that ^.
    It took me a long time, but sometimes I listen to the little R2D2 drone inside, that says do this not that and I end up better for it.

4. Meh, no big deal.

Missing a couple training sessions over the course of thousands is no big thing...

5. 11/19 Upper

OHP
    135x5
    145x5
    155x5
    135x10

HS Rows
    180x10x4

Dips
    BW+45x10x3

Hammer Curls
    50x10x3

First day back in the gym and it was a relatively uneventful session. I was a little fuzzy and lethargic throughout and I noticed my reps were down a bit. Nothing to worry about, though, as I'll rebound quickly and I wasn't overly diligent with my nutrition for the past week.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Subb'd, never saw you had a new log. Looks like good things in here other than the nagging injuries.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

7. Bad news: I may have to hang up my belt for awhile. I was pulling this evening and I lost my footing. The bar drifted and my lumbar shifted. I immediately dropped the weight. There's a bit of tenderness in the area, but it's not debilitating. I can't palpate the area very well to decide what's going on. However, my thoughts are that it is the QL as it has been tight for a long time and this area was previously injured ~10 years ago. That one took me months to recover from and I'm really hoping this isn't as serious.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Hope everything is alright man and it just seems worse than it is.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

9. Do what you can and get that health back up. Hopefully it's nothing too bad. Heal up man.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

10. Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery, man.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

11. Your lumbar shifted?

12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Your lumbar shifted?
    It felt like the vertebrae shifted slightly before going back. I'm almost certain that it is my QL that I have irritated.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

13. I wouldn't try to guess at this, go see a sports medicine guy...

14. It's definitely QL with some psoas irritation. None of this is new as I deal with this **** at different levels each day. On a better note, it's not as bad as I initially thought and there's no spasms or radiating pain. Lots of tightness and extra inflammation in the area, but I'm still able to walk.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. http://www.arctraining.ca/picker/use...he-qls.pdf.pdf

This is exactly my issue. The referred pain on the second diagram is the area that has been tight in addition to the QL lately and distance driving, which I do frequently is known to exacerbate the issue.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    http://www.arctraining.ca/picker/use...he-qls.pdf.pdf

This is exactly my issue. The referred pain on the second diagram is the area that has been tight in addition to the QL lately and distance driving, which I do frequently is known to exacerbate the issue.
    Awesome article. I get a lot of this on my right side(sometimes left). Will try today.
    Training Log

17. I tried to get in some light squat work, but even the bar hurt so I did some random light upper body work (incline bench, pullups, curls, pullaparts). This ****ing sucks.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. Could this be a cause for sciatica or be mistaken as sciatica? Reason I ask is I have tender spots where the x's are on that diagram ever since I was down with sciatica and feel as if I never fully recovered from. Cant deadlift half of what I use to and same with squatting...cause pain in those areas.

19. Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    Could this be a cause for sciatica or be mistaken as sciatica? Reason I ask is I have tender spots where the x's are on that diagram ever since I was down with sciatica and feel as if I never fully recovered from. Cant deadlift half of what I use to and same with squatting...cause pain in those areas.
    Sciatica will radiate down the hamstrings and into the calf depending on the severity.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. And it did. Thanks for the response.

21. Ok fellas, I have a tentative plan for the rest of the year. Upper body will remain virtually status quo with the only alteration being taking out bench and using floor press and incline as the ME with dips and seated DB press for my vertical pressing work. OHP doesn't put much stress on my back, but I don't want to risk it.

Lower body will be very, very boring as I'm pretty limited. I have a friend that manages a gym about 20 mins away that has a GHR and I'll be using a lot of that, walking lunges, and BSS. Core work will be primarily anti-lateral flexion and rotational work.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. 11/26 Upper

Dips
    BW+45x10x2
    BW+45x15 PR

HS Uni Row
    135x10
    160x10x3

Lat Pulldowns
    200x10x3

Seated DB Press
    60x10x2

Hammer Curls
    50x10x2

Ugh, I hate being limited and having to hold back on my weights. I did set a PR, but I do attribute that to a lack of fatigue to the muscle from not pushing the earlier sets. I'm trying to really stay positive about this entire situation and I know that it's going to be awhile before I have a bar on my back.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. 11/29

Floor Press
    225x5
    235x3
    250x3

Pullups
    BWx8
    BW+20x5x3

Incline DB Press
    70x10
    75x8
    80x8
    85x8
    90x8

Meadows Row
    70x15
    90x12x3

Cambered Curls/Pullaparts/Pressdowns
    95x8/15/110x15
    95x8/15/110x15

You know, I had a very big thing happen today: I had fun in the gym. I really can't say the last time I had fun training since I've been so inconsistent and stagnant for months now. I'm not saying that I've hated training, but it felt like more of a chore than a hobby. Maybe this setback has allowed my head to recharge and it's definitely forcing me to become more cerebral with my training. The back is feeling better by the day and I hope to be 100% by January.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

24. That's what it should be about: fun. It's easy to stress over though. Especially if meets/injuries are involved. Good sht dude.
    [email protected]

25. Powerlifting reminds me of when I used to play in bands in the sense it has that ability to have people forget why they started in the first place. The sheer enjoyment. Id imagine even more so as your skill is higher. Glad you are enjoying the workouts man. Find the line.
    Training Log

26. Hell yea man. I try to get some enjoyment every day I go to train, one way or another. Good workout too.

27. I had the tell take sign of a bitchin' session: cramping throughout the evening. Showering took 20 mins because I kept having to take breaks while washing my hair because of brachioradialis cramps.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

28. 12/2

OHP
    135x8x2
    145x8
    145x7

Wide HS Row
    160x10
    180x8x3

Incline DB Press
    70x12x3

V-Pressdowns (w/ Fat Gripz)/Seated DB Clean
    90x12x3/20x8x3

DB Curls
    45x8x2

I absolutely love it when you have those days where you don't want to train, but something clicks as soon as you get there and lock in on training. I only had to pull back on OHP since I use a staggered stance with my right light behind and it puts some slight strain on the QL and I went with more of a volume type of day as a result. I bought some new toys over the weekend as well. I got some new wrist straps, some MFR tools, a thigh sleeve, some liniment, and a Titan Super Ram. I'll be using this ASAP, which will likely be Saturday instead of Friday since I have my final roadtrip for the year this week.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

29. 12/6

Incline BP
    185x5
    205x3
    225x2
    235x2

Lat Pulldowns
    200x10x4

Dips
    BW+45x10x3

Tate Press/HS Preacher Curl (uni)
    35x10/55x10
    40x10/55x10
    45x10/55x10

Pressdowns/Band Facepulls (light)
    90x15x3/15x3

I'm on the road right now and had to get in a quick session at a Gold's in lovely San Angelo, TX. It wasn't too awful, but I've already been spoiled by the TX Power Bars.

One thing that I need to address is my impingement in my right delt. It's getting cranky and this cold snap we're having isn't helping.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

30. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    12/6 Incline BP 185x5 205x3 225x2 235x2 Lat Pulldowns 200x10x4 Dips BW+45x10x3 Tate Press/HS Preacher Curl (uni) 35x10/55x10 40x10/55x10 45x10/55x10 Pressdowns/Band Facepulls (light) 90x15x3/15x3 I'm on the road right now and had to get in a quick session at a Gold's in lovely San Angelo, TX. It wasn't too awful, but I've already been spoiled by the TX Power Bars. One thing that I need to address is my impingement in my right delt. It's getting cranky and this cold snap we're having isn't helping.
    Lemme know how you fix your impingment.

Strong inclines btw
    [email protected]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. journey to an elite total
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  2. My Journey to APA Elite - Raw (BPS, Wendler)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
  3. My journey to elite total.
    By wannabeatank in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
  5. Coreys road to elite
    By Corey165 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 56