Journey to Elite

Page 17 of 68 First ... 1516171819 ... Last

  1. Squats looked easy, good job rodja


  2. Squats looked really good Rodja. You are able to really sit back on your raw squats nice. Solid work
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   
       


  3. Smooth
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  4. Oh, I need new training partners. The crew is a bunch morons.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Oh, I need new training partners. The crew is a bunch morons.
    Do tell
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Do tell
    The middle finger and pinching my ass wasn't enough evidence?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The middle finger and pinching my ass wasn't enough evidence?
    I was wondering what that was about. Didn't know if you meant other sh!t

  8. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    I was wondering what that was about. Didn't know if you meant other sh!t
    They're 40 year old teenagers.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  9. It's one thing to joke around, but that isn't even funny. That sucks, man.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  10. http://joby.com/smartphones/griptight-gorillapod-stand

    Boom. Problem solved. Bought one and it's cool

    Of course, Alex (I'm assuming) will just dance in the background like before.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    It's one thing to joke around, but that isn't even funny. That sucks, man.
    Eh, he's like the "special" uncle that we all have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    http://joby.com/smartphones/griptight-gorillapod-stand Boom. Problem solved. Bought one and it's cool Of course, Alex (I'm assuming) will just dance in the background like before.
    Alex isn't even the worst anymore.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  12. Nice form on those squats, rod

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    http://joby.com/smartphones/griptight-gorillapod-stand Boom. Problem solved. Bought one and it's cool Of course, Alex (I'm assuming) will just dance in the background like before.
    Cool. Seems like a worthwhile investment

  14. Every gym has to have one of those guys. Today, Scott, the know it all/goofball, was telling this guy about this "new" exercise. Given this guy is a 65 year old man with two knee replacements and he was excited to learn. The next thing I know this guy is laying on a bench, ass straight up in the air. And Scott said, "now spell run."

    The guy was pretty salty. Lol.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Every gym has to have one of those guys. Today, Scott, the know it all/goofball, was telling this guy about this "new" exercise. Given this guy is a 65 year old man with two knee replacements and he was excited to learn. The next thing I know this guy is laying on a bench, ass straight up in the air. And Scott said, "now spell run." The guy was pretty salty. Lol.
    I thought my gym had some characters.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  16. 8/18

    Push-press
    185x6
    195x6
    205x2x3

    Meadows Row
    90x15
    115x2x12

    DB Pullovers
    70x10
    80x10
    90x10

    JM Press/DB Curls
    115x3x10/50x3x10

    Side/Rear Laterals
    35x2x15

    I didn't hit any PRs today, but a damn good session. I still need some extra practice with PP as far as leg drive goes to really start pushing my numbers. Weight is still in the low 230's as I've had multiple days where I haven't hit my caloric requirements. That being said, this is turning into a slow recomp.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  17. How do you go about selecting poundages/reps for this prilepin based template? I understand the rep range for each respective wave and I grasp prilepin's table as well, but I noticed you don't do sets across all the time and ramp weights. Is it all centralized around how you feel that particular day and then wing it so to speak?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    How do you go about selecting poundages/reps for this prilepin based template? I understand the rep range for each respective wave and I grasp prilepin's table as well, but I noticed you don't do sets across all the time and ramp weights. Is it all centralized around how you feel that particular day and then wing it so to speak?
    That's the beauty of both Prilepin's chart and block: it's very flexible. The rep ranges are straight from Prilepin's chart and there are several ways to implement them. For example, I have sumo on Wednesday and my rep range is 18-24 for that day. I could set them up in a speed work fashion and do 8-9 sets of doubles or triples or I can do 3x6, 6x4, etc. The major caveat I've thrown in is using RPE instead of solely using percentages as I don't have any way to know my 1RM as it's been awhile since I've done extensive raw work. My first wave was more conservative since I was attenuating to most of the lifts and this next wave will be pushed a bit more.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's the beauty of both Prilepin's chart and block: it's very flexible. The rep ranges are straight from Prilepin's chart and there are several ways to implement them. For example, I have sumo on Wednesday and my rep range is 18-24 for that day. I could set them up in a speed work fashion and do 8-9 sets of doubles or triples or I can do 3x6, 6x4, etc. The major caveat I've thrown in is using RPE instead of solely using percentages as I don't have any way to know my 1RM as it's been awhile since I've done extensive raw work. My first wave was more conservative since I was attenuating to most of the lifts and this next wave will be pushed a bit more.
    I see. So you're not necessarily concerned about hitting a top weight PR, but rather just getting in the designated amount of reps and getting the work in, however you desire: dynamic, RE, sets across. Your twist on it has me intrigued

  20. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    I see. So you're not necessarily concerned about hitting a top weight PR, but rather just getting in the designated amount of reps and getting the work in, however you desire: dynamic, RE, sets across. Your twist on it has me intrigued
    That's pretty much it. If a rep PR happens, it's a bonus, but it doesn't make or break the day. Once I get beyond week 8 (I started week 4 yesterday), then I'll be looking to establish some actual rep PRs on the big lifts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  21. 8/20
    Sumo
    415x6x3

    Front Squat
    225x6

    Hypers
    BW+45x3x15

    Standing Band Crunches (avg)
    3x20

    First day where something ****ty happened. On the front squat, I irritated my quad and shut it down. It's not crippling and nothing tore, but there is a hell of a knot up in it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  22. 8/22

    Incline BP
    185x6
    205x6
    225x4
    225x5 PR

    Neutral Pull-ups/Band Facepulls (light)
    BWx3x8/3x20

    HS Flat Press
    80x2x15
    90x12

    Cambered Curls/Tate Press
    95x2x10/50x2x10

    Side Laterals
    35x2x15

    IYT
    15x2x10

    I've gotten stronger on everything except flat bench, which is mainly a health issue more than anything. The last time I did 225x5 on incline was with a Ram and it was with just wrist wraps today. I've noticed that spreading the bar helps to keep the external rotation of the humerus to keep the joint in socket and now I just need to keep strengthening the area.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  23. Pretty freaking sweet hitting that PR right after hitting it for 4.

    Good call on the notes. I'm steadily working to do the same on pressing movements.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  24. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Pretty freaking sweet hitting that PR right after hitting it for 4. Good call on the notes. I'm steadily working to do the same on pressing movements.
    The 225x4 was a PR as well and then I topped it the next set. I'm pretty happy with that as my presses advance so slowly.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  25. Nice incline, man. What's your plan with the quad? I pulled my sartorius muscle back in April. It still cramps up on me in the gym from time to time. I can't aggressively foam roll it either as it becomes aggravated and inflamed. I was never able to detect a knot either. So not sure exactly what happened. You just plan on icing it for now?

  26. Your flat will come around. You've definitely got the pressing strength looking at your incline and OHP numbers

  27. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    Nice incline, man. What's your plan with the quad? I pulled my sartorius muscle back in April. It still cramps up on me in the gym from time to time. I can't aggressively foam roll it either as it becomes aggravated and inflamed. I was never able to detect a knot either. So not sure exactly what happened. You just plan on icing it for now?
    There's a lot of tenderness in the area still when palpated. I can walk and flex the muscle without pain and I'll play it by ear today. If it's feeling solid, I'll box squat today since it's more PC than quads. I usually don't train with liniment and I'll use some while warming up.

    I'd like to throw on a compression sleeve, but I can't find a non-Velcro one that fits over my thighs.
    Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Your flat will come around. You've definitely got the pressing strength looking at your incline and OHP numbers
    My increases in OHP and incline definitely give me tangible feedback that I've gotten stronger, which is awesome. Bench has always been a struggle for me whether it be physical, mental, or technical. It's almost all three right now since I can't find any consistency and it's really shaken my confidence.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  28. 8/24

    GM
    225x6
    255x6
    275x6
    315x6 PR

    Uni DB SLDL
    60x10
    70x10

    Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises
    BW+45x15/400x15
    BW+90x15/400x15

    Tried to do some SSB box squats, but it irritated the quad at a plate so I shut it down. However, blasted my PC and it's always nice to get a PR on a major lift.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  29. Your seriously building some nice momentum here Rodja, solid work.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  30. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Your seriously building some nice momentum here Rodja, solid work.
    Thanks, man. I was fresh and had no excuses to not really push the GMs. I could've gone up higher, but stayed within the parameters of the template in terms of RPE.

    Sidenote: we're going to be doing a benefit meet for a dude that passed today and I'll be doing it. I won't be pushing my bench, but I'll really be pushing my squat and deadlift to get a true idea on my raw numbers.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. journey to an elite total
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  2. My Journey to APA Elite - Raw (BPS, Wendler)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
  3. My journey to elite total.
    By wannabeatank in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
  5. Coreys road to elite
    By Corey165 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Log in
Log in