315x5x3

Snatch Grip SLDL
    225x8
    275x2x8

Unilateral LP
    270x3x15

Standing Band Crunches (average)
    3x20

Very easy deload session. I'll be switching up the training a bit here pretty soon. I haven't quite nailed down the specifics, but it'll have elements of block with some conjugate in there as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. 7/27

Oly Squat
    225x2x5
    275x3x2
    315x2

Hypers
    BWx3x20

I felt pretty rough today, but I really wanted to try the shoes. They feel completely different compared to a Chuck not only with the raised heel, but the platform is as solid as granite. I'll still be using Chuck's for wide stance work, though. I'm very impressed with them so far and will definitely be keeping them.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. Good to hear man!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

4. I'm implementing my new template today with a small issue. I don't have a percentage for front or back squats since I've taken a considerable amount of time away from them. Instead, I'll be using RPE as my gauge so I have some sort of quantifying parameter. I have the first eight week written out and it's pretty basic block periodization with the main movement in a three week wave. The main reason for the three week wave is so I can hit my body from multiple angles, but I also like to change it up. When I feel like I'm doing the same **** over and over is when training becomes mundane.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. 7/28
    6-7 RPE

OHP
    135x8
    145x2x8
    24 reps

Pull-ups/Band Facepulls (light)
    BWx8/20
    BWx7/20
    BWx8/20

HS Flat Press
    55x3x15

Blast Strap Tri Ex/BB Curls
    BWx3x12/85x3x12

RC Work

Used the AdiPower for OHP and it was a different feeling. My weight distribution is different and the groove was different as well. All sets were cut at least 3-4 reps short of failure and the goal was to get in some solid work with a fast pace. Overall, good first day of the new training cycle.

Somewhat random thought: when it comes to meet training, I hate the last month. It's tedious and I've found it very hard to get amped up for training. To counter this, I'm going to try an experiment where I shorten the training cycle from 10 to 6 weeks. The time between will be spent in the 70-80% range with much more focus on rep PRs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Nice plan on the training. One of the things I really like about RPEs. You can use that RPE/Percents chart, too on lifts you aren't sure(granted you know yourself pretty well I assume, so may not be necessary).
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

7. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Nice plan on the training. One of the things I really like about RPEs. You can use that RPE/Percents chart, too on lifts you aren't sure(granted you know yourself pretty well I assume, so may not be necessary).
    The main reason for the RPE instead of a percent is that the weight I'll be doing for main lifts will change quickly as I reacclimate to raw lifts. That and perception is so variable. We've all had days where 135 feels heavy.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

The main reason for the RPE instead of a percent is that the weight I'll be doing for main lifts will change quickly as I reacclimate to raw lifts. That and perception is so variable. We've all had days where 135 feels heavy.
    Ahh I understand. Good points
    Training Log

9. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Ahh I understand. Good points
    I'm kinda scared to see how far my raw squat has fallen.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. No where to go but up
    [email protected]

11. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    No where to go but up
    X2

And at least heavy weights won't be like a shock since you squat heavy as **** in gear
    Training Log

12. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    X2 And at least heavy weights won't be like a shock since you squat heavy as **** in gear
    I'm definitely looking forward to having a much smaller weight on my back each week. I'll be walking it out for the most except once I start going beyond 4 wheels. Sleeves will be used the entire time and wraps will be denoted.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

13. The hole will suck for a few to several weeks on your raw squats, then it will be PRs across the board, I have no doubt. How are you going to do your squatting and pulling stances with no equipment?

I can empathize with the feeling blah about training the last few weeks before a meet. I always attributed that to overreaching. Either way, you can't go wrong with rep PRs at 70-80%
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

14. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    The hole will suck for a few to several weeks on your raw squats, then it will be PRs across the board, I have no doubt. How are you going to do your squatting and pulling stances with no equipment? I can empathize with the feeling blah about training the last few weeks before a meet. I always attributed that to overreaching. Either way, you can't go wrong with rep PRs at 70-80%
    Squat will be slightly outside shoulder width to take advantage of the new shoes. Deadlift will still be primarily sumo with some deficits thrown in there.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. 7/30

Sumo
    315x5
    365x4x5

Hack Squat
    180x3x10

Snatch Grip SLDL
    225x3x10

Band Pallof Press
    3x12

I have had absolutely no energy lately during lower body training. Nothing was heavy by any means, which is good, but I need to solve this problem. I'm covered on calories (I'm in a 300-500 surplus) and sleep as well. My guess is adjusting to lowering my doses a couple of weeks ago.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Those SG SLDL's had to have sucked. I don't think I've ever done that variant.
    [email protected]

17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Those SG SLDL's had to have sucked. I don't think I've ever done that variant.
    They're a hell of a lift. I prefer them to standard SG deads since I get more TUT for the upper back and hamstrings with this variation. On that note, I'll likely be adding in some extra upper back work whether it be direct (e.g. shrugs or rows) or indirect (e.g. SSB, snatch grip).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. I started doing those after seeing it in one of the logs around here, but there's no way for me to hold much SG without straps. I need as much upper back work as I can handle
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

19. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    I started doing those after seeing it in one of the logs around here, but there's no way for me to hold much SG without straps. I need as much upper back work as I can handle
    225 is about the most I can hold without straps (for reps). The leverage isn't with you on any SG variation and using straps is very common.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. 8/1

Wide Grip Bench (feet wide and flat)
    225x4x5
    20 total reps

HS Row (pronated)/Facepulls
    135x3x12/3x20

Band Fly (light)
    3x20

Cambered Curls/Tate Press
    95x3x12/45x3x12

RC work

Doing bench in that fashion was definitely different. It was surprisingly comfortable on the shoulder as well. If anyone wants me to upload my 8 week template, let me know.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

21. Would love to see the template when you have time.

Wide feels well on my AC joint.
    [email protected]

22. Name:  image-3917984050.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  554.1 KB

Name:  image-3521560401.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  534.9 KB

Name:  image-233630196.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  653.8 KB

Nothing overly fancy. It's pretty basic block periodization.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Looks very well thought out. Nice mix of exercises, symmetry of exercises, unilateral work for the hips, and lastly a nice build from high volume to high intensity
    Training Log

24. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Looks very well thought out. Nice mix of exercises, symmetry of exercises, unilateral work for the hips, and lastly a nice build from high volume to high intensity
    Thanks, man. I've been jotting down a list of movements that I wanted to work on and made sure to implement them into this template. It's not denoted, but I'll be switching bars frequently on GM and squats for additional stimulus and for fun. I find that I always go back to basic block periodization when I need to rebuild myself and get some momentum rolling before I go for some big lifts.

On week 7 and 8, I may throw in some equipment. It won't be full bore on anything like that since I likely won't fit into my shirt or briefs by then. It's more likely that it'll be just the suit and the Titan Ram. Week 9 will be a deload and a reevaluation on whether to repeat the cycle or take a week for some PRs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. journey to an elite total
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  2. My Journey to APA Elite - Raw (BPS, Wendler)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
  3. My journey to elite total.
    By wannabeatank in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
  5. Coreys road to elite
    By Corey165 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 56