Kenpo's Quest

Page 57 of 178 First ... 5556575859 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    What's the range you're hoping for? I am awaiting results from blood work I did for insurance. They assured me they'd send them...
    Really not sure. I'm having the female hormone panel done so I can see more than just test levels. All I know is that I'm out of energy after dinner, having hot flashes and experiencing low libido. The test was a little over $50 and includes:

-Estradiol, serum;
    -Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
    -Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
    -Testosterone, Serum (Total Only); -Complete Blood Count (CBC) w/ Differential: Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes.
    -Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.

2. Kenpo's Quest

I hope you keep us informed. I too feel tired after dinner, but I thought that was normal for getting up early and killing it in the gym.

Edit: Actually, I feel tired after lunch.

My first lunch at 1000...
    Last edited by RegisterJr; 08-18-2014 at 07:43 PM. Reason: d
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Really not sure. I'm having the female hormone panel done so I can see more than just test levels. All I know is that I'm out of energy after dinner, having hot flashes and experiencing low libido. The test was a little over $50 and includes: -Estradiol, serum; -Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH); -Luteinizing Hormone (LH); -Testosterone, Serum (Total Only); -Complete Blood Count (CBC) w/ Differential: Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes. -Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.
    You using lab core, a internet site, or your doc? Just curious, that's a good price...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

4. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    You using lab core, a internet site, or your doc? Just curious, that's a good price...
    Privatemdlabs.com. There is a great sticky thread in here about them. They use LabCorp labs, the same one my doc uses.

Thomas, it's not just the tired feeling, it's the lack of muscle increase from working out, hot flashes and low libido combined with a foggy head as well. All these are not debilitating but seem to be getting worse for me.

5. I'm following your results, I am interested in what you find. You go for it and volume work is taxing on anyone. I think it is perfectly normal to be wiped at the end of the day and that can affect libido. The hot flashes are interesting, though.
    •   

6. Crazy strong extensions for you legs to already be sore!! Gotta love DOMS!! Lol
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

7. Weight 157.4 Cals 2830/2300 Waist 34.5

Mad eating these last few days! Can't get enough food and tried to stay away from carbs!

DQ: Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do.

Weight Lifted22000 lbs
    Weighted Tricep Dips 293.33
    Set 1 : 220x10 (+10lbs from last session)
    Set 2 : 220x10
    Set 3 : 220x10
    Set 4 : 220x10
    Set 5 : 220x10
    Set 6 : 220x10
    Set 7 : 220x10
    Set 8 : 220x10
    Set 9 : 220x10
    Set 10 : 220x10
    Good lifting all!

8. Love doing dips! Strong sets there buddy!

So what does your cal split look like.
    I run 40/40/20 and keep my carbs primarily to veggies, oatmeal, rice, sweet potatoes. And then I'll add Dextrose in my PWO drink in the morning.
    FINAFLEX REP
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

9. Wow! Awesome job on dips!! Love that quote too! I'll be stealing that if you don't mind!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

10. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Love doing dips! Strong sets there buddy! So what does your cal split look like. I run 40/40/20 and keep my carbs primarily to veggies, oatmeal, rice, sweet potatoes. And then I'll add Dextrose in my PWO drink in the morning.
    Target macros are 30/30/40. I find that too many carbs increases the waist size! Lol

11. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Wow! Awesome job on dips!! Love that quote too! I'll be stealing that if you don't mind!
    Yep, that is a really good one. It can be used for so many situations. I am thinking about people I work with right now. LOL

12. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Target macros are 30/30/40. I find that too many carbs increases the waist size! Lol
    So 30c/30p/40f?
    I would increase the protein. The older we get the more protein we need. The lethargy could be coming from your cal structure. Once I changed mine my energy started going up. But I eat a very strict plan that I found works for me and has pretty much everything I like. No breads, no sodas, no refined sugars, fruits are timed into my morning meals. Bulk of my carbs are consumed around workouts. I'm sure you've played with the diet to find what works best for you. Just thought I'd mention it though...
    FINAFLEX REP

13. My energy levels really picked up once I moved to IF. That being said- kids, work, life, training, and gym routine make me tired after dinner too.

14. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Thanks everyone. Tonight I feel it in the back and quads - mission successful! Legs DOMS are my favorite thing to have as I walk up and downs stairs! NOT!

Getting bloodwork this week to see what my test and E2 looks like. Back in April one lab said test was 230 and a month later my doctor's lab said 493!
    Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    What's the range you're hoping for?

I am awaiting results from blood work I did for insurance. They assured me they'd send them...
    Either of you hoping for TRT?
    FINAFLEX REP

15. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Not me. I feel great and think I have lots of natural gains left to make.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

16. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Actually I've thought about it. Should get my bloodwork done 1 week after this cycle I'm on. That would guarantee me. lol
    FINAFLEX REP

17. Kenpo,

What time did you takeyour blood tests? Time of day is a huge factor in the reading. Early morning your test is always higher and drops as the day goes on. If you are at 493 you should be doing pretty good, if in the 200's I would treat it as a quality of life thing and make the jump. I have to say I feel much better now that I am on TRT.

Also interested in this workout program you are doing what is the OLAD and do you happen to have the program in a digital format you could share or a link to an article?

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    My energy levels really picked up once I moved to IF. That being said- kids, work, life, training, and gym routine make me tired after dinner too.
    Yes I agree I have a lot of energy when I am doing IF. Way too many people shoot IF down but for guys our size that are not looking to become mass monsters it is a very easy and freeing way of eating. Do you do the LG 16/8, ADF, or something like the Warrior diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Actually I've thought about it. Should get my bloodwork done 1 week after this cycle I'm on. That would guarantee me. lol
    I forgot what is your cycle? If methylated you may want to wait an extra week or so for liver values to drop, then make sure to go in for the test in the afternoon.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

18. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yes I agree I have a lot of energy when I am doing IF. Way too many people shoot IF down but for guys our size that are not looking to become mass monsters it is a very easy and freeing way of eating. Do you do the LG 16/8, ADF, or something like the Warrior diet?
    I run a 16/8, but I am not super strict and it can be off an hour or so. I pack in about 3-3500 calories in that period and meet all my macros. For my needs, it fits my life very well and makes things easy.

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I forgot what is your cycle? If methylated you may want to wait an extra week or so for liver values to drop, then make sure to go in for the test in the afternoon.
    Yeah, I'm on numerous items right now: DMZ, Hexadrone, Msten, trenavar, M14ADD. I'll make a mental note that it's 2 weeks, not 1 week after cycle. Thanks!
    FINAFLEX REP

20. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Actually no, not hoping but not satisfied with the way I feel. If it's low T then I will subscribe to TRT. Right now I'm keeping a keen eye on my levels. My Dad had low T and he was miserable. I'll see what the blood tests say this week.

21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Kenpo, What time did you takeyour blood tests?

Also interested in this workout program you are doing what is the OLAD
    Thanks big guy. I know that time of day is very relevant. Both tests were done in a fasted state and early morning (9 AM). Having bloods done this week so I'll see where I am.

The One Lift A Day (OLAD) has been kicking my butt! Here is the link to the program I'm following:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._a_day_workout

22. Yeah, that is a sick program. I did that last year and I plan to do it next when I wrap up this rest pause.

23. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Not me. I feel great and think I have lots of natural gains left to make.

Glad to read this!
    FINAFLEX REP

24. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Glad to read this!
    Absolutely! TRT is the very last resort and only if necessary. My life motto is to "rage into the dying of the light"!!
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Absolutely! TRT is the very last resort and only if necessary. My life motto is to "rage into the dying of the light"!!
    Rage, rage... Against the dying of the light

Solid motto, I was named after Dylan Thomas
    (Middle name is Thomas)
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

26. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Rage, rage... Against the dying of the light Solid motto, I was named after Dylan Thomas (Middle name is Thomas)
    Love this! Now you have to live up to your namesake! Lol. Seriously, solid words to live by!

27. Weight 158.6 Cals 2752/2300 Waist 34 1/4

DQ:
    Do not go gentle into that good night
    Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Weight Lifted19850 lbs
    Chin Up 266.67
    Set 1 : 160x20
    Set 2 : 185x10 (Added weight belt with 25 plate)
    Set 3 : 185x10
    Set 4 : 185x10
    Set 5 : 185x10
    Set 6 : 185x10
    Set 7 : 185x10
    Set 8 : 185x10
    Set 9 : 185x10
    Set 10 : 185x10
    Smoked the biceps!
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Massive quote from the man himself followed by a massive chin up session

Knew I followed along here for good reason
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

29. Love the quote kenpo!

30. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Weight 158.6 Cals 2752/2300 Waist 34 1/4 DQ: Do not go gentle into that good night Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953 Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right, Because their words had forked no lightning they Do not go gentle into that good night. Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay, Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight, And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way, Do not go gentle into that good night. Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay, Rage, rage against the dying of the light. And you, my father, there on the sad height, Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray. Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Weight Lifted19850 lbs Chin Up 266.67 Set 1 : 160x20 Set 2 : 185x10 (Added weight belt with 25 plate) Set 3 : 185x10 Set 4 : 185x10 Set 5 : 185x10 Set 6 : 185x10 Set 7 : 185x10 Set 8 : 185x10 Set 9 : 185x10 Set 10 : 185x10 Smoked the biceps!
    Holy crap that's a lot of chin ups. Good lord man!
    FINAFLEX REP
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Secrets of NASM - a Quest for Certification
    By BodyWizard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 08:35 PM
  2. My Quest for 500 Squat
    By BeastMode in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
  3. fina quest.
    By dalejmurphy in forum Anabolics