Smokers road to 1st plm - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Smokers road to 1st plm

Page 2 of 37 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Benching! Feels good to go to the gym because I just got chewed up, spit up, and chewed up again by my pop
    Maybe because of this?

[QUOTE="smoker145;4178328"]Bombed bio like Nagasaki/QUOTE]

2. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

Maybe because of this?
    Napalm your a dad, your not on my side on this one mang. And nah it's not about that, but hey I gave up Monday night football to study for that
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Napalm your a dad, your not on my side on this one mang. And nah it's not about that, but hey I gave up Monday night football to study for that
    go do your homework...
    •   

4. smoker145

Bench

190x4
    145x10

Swiss bar
    135x10x3
    Wider grip
    135x6x2

Swiss bar rows
    125x 10x3
    Ram cable rows 130x10x5

Rear delts 20 db 10x4
    120 bps

Tricep push downs and ab work to end it.
    Felt good, shoulders were cracking but no pain. Probably Bc I did ohp 2 days ago. I'm pleased with my workout tonight. Vid failed on bench, so next week ill have to try again
  5. smoker145

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6mx3zOCbY

Not sure if you can see anything to help. I know I had the bar too high thou
  6. smoker145

Also, if anyone wants to see a good documentary, watch restrepo. It's a pretty good military one
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Also, if anyone wants to see a good documentary, watch restrepo. It's a pretty good military one
    Agreed
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6mx3zOCbY

Not sure if you can see anything to help. I know I had the bar too high thou
    Crappy video...but I can tell something. You need to work on mobility in the thoracic and in the front of the hips. Maybe just stretch the front of the hips before you bench. Maybe not now, but after the comp I'll let you use the PVC pipe I got on warmups to get the arch going some if you wanna try to arch(not that you have to). You bench is going pretty good so I don't know if you wanna do anything whacky now. But definitely stretch the front of the hips some.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  9. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

Crappy video...but I can tell something. You need to work on mobility in the thoracic and in the front of the hips. Maybe just stretch the front of the hips before you bench. Maybe not now, but after the comp I'll let you use the PVC pipe I got on warmups to get the arch going some if you wanna try to arch(not that you have to). You bench is going pretty good so I don't know if you wanna do anything whacky now. But definitely stretch the front of the hips some.
    Good catch, you know that's my weak spot. That's why I do kiddie squats, I really hope it gets better, ill be embarrassed at the comp when my opening squat is less than 2 plates. And yea I think my arch is bad because my leg drive gets cut off. My top priority for bench is to improve on that pronto.
    Clock is ticking
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Good catch, you know that's my weak spot. That's why I do kiddie squats, I really hope it gets better, ill be embarrassed at the comp when my opening squat is less than 2 plates. And yea I think my arch is bad because my leg drive gets cut off. My top priority for bench is to improve on that pronto.
    Clock is ticking
    I'll show you some brutal doorway stretches, couch stretch, and a stretch you can do in warm ups some time soon. When you surf on here to wall squats with your back on the floor and legs on the wall. It's way deeper than depth if you can hold that for two minute bursts with tensing, not tensing.

I got some other **** I can show you to next time we get a squat session or something.
  11. smoker145

I'll show you some brutal doorway stretches, couch stretch, and a stretch you can do in warm ups some time soon. When you surf on here to wall squats with your back on the floor and legs on the wall. It's way deeper than depth if you can hold that for two minute bursts with tensing, not tensing.

I got some other **** I can show you to next time we get a squat session or something.
    Ight cool good stuff bro. I was thinking off adding squats to dead day. Make them just like 1 plate and get 5 sets in so I squat 2x a week. Knees have been hurting too, have a feeling I'm off no doubt.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Could always do squat variations: front squat, close stance, wide stance, front squat
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  13. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Could always do squat variations: front squat, close stance, wide stance, front squat
    Was thinking of front squats. I just opened my stance up this week to wide. While it was easier for me to go deep, I think I lean forward, which is maybe why my lb was a little sore after. Ill have to post vids of it next week.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Was thinking of front squats. I just opened my stance up this week to wide. While it was easier for me to go deep, I think I lean forward, which is maybe why my lb was a little sore after. Ill have to post vids of it next week.
    Front squats will be an awesome assistance lift. With wide stance, you have no choice but to have a little bit of a torso lean.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  15. smoker145

Front squats will be an awesome assistance lift. With wide stance, you have no choice but to have a little bit of a torso lean.
    Ill do fronts with deads then. I switched to wide to shorten my rom, which I thought would be easier on hip, and it was, I was just concerned maybe I was tilting forward too much.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Low bar? If it's high, and your squatting wide, that's gonna suck.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  17. smoker145

Low bar? If it's high, and your squatting wide, that's gonna suck.
    No I'm pretty high actually. Rob thinks I should lower it, so I guess I should. When I try to, I feel like my shiulders get stressed a little and I'm kinda holding it all with my arms for some reason
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

No I'm pretty high actually. Rob thinks I should lower it, so I guess I should. When I try to, I feel like my shiulders get stressed a little and I'm kinda holding it all with my arms for some reason
    Time to watch some low bar back squat YouTube videos. I'll find some tomorrow for ya
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  19. smoker145

Time to watch some low bar back squat YouTube videos. I'll find some tomorrow for ya
    Thanks a lot bro.
  20. smoker145

Right shoulder/ bicep bothered me later in the day today. Just did some band work on it and it feels better once I got the blood pumping. Deads tomorrow night after work. Love dem deads
  21. smoker145

Deads

Did 70% at 5 instead of 3 oops lol

In vid is 90%, 265x6
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LKMXq9-d4

Critiques always welcome.
    For shrugs 75x10 for 7 sets
    Ab work and grip work to end it. Was going to squat but my knees are still bothering me. Next 2 days of rest will do me well.
  22. smoker145

Also did face pulls 40x10x 4

And some light rowing.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good work man. Form looked pretty solid to me. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you're trying to move the bar as explosive as possible. This really helped me on elevating my Deadlift.

Shrugs for days dude.
  24. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Good work man. Form looked pretty solid to me. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you're trying to move the bar as explosive as possible. This really helped me on elevating my Deadlift.

Shrugs for days dude.
    Thanks, your right, I need to be more explosive off the ground, I'm going to slow right now. Good catch man
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Your putting the weight down better
  26. smoker145

Your putting the weight down better
    Yea I'm now forced to. My knees are not in great shape right now. But I guess it's a blessing because now I'm forced to not touch em at all so that's great
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Yea I'm now forced to. My knees are not in great shape right now. But I guess it's a blessing because now I'm forced to not touch em at all so that's great
    You getting amped up man!? Huh!? You ****ing pumped!? Rah!?
  28. smoker145

You getting amped up man!? Huh!? You ****ing pumped!? Rah!?
    Hell yea. Stregnth is increasing like a mofo. Even gained 2 lbs this week since I'm eating dirty as **** but who cares. I'm gonna make them weights my bitch come dec 15
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Pierogi for lunch. No sour cream thou... God damnit
    If they're not browned in a skillet with butter and some onions in the mix, it's just wrong.

<-- Pollock and proud.

Also, subbed!

Don't forget to get in some posterior chain work on deadlift day. And squat day for that matter. When your hams and glutes are up to par, your knees won't bother you NEARLY as much, if at all.

I would agree with your decision to squat 2x/wk with one caveat: I would squat 4x a week, two back and two front. Vary intensities to keep the simulus proper, and you'll be golden. Volume in the competition lifts is your very best friend at this stage in your career. I'm of the belief that squatting itself will improve squat mobility, provided it's done properly. I squat light when my lower back hurts myself. This will make squatting more natural to you, and I promise at your training age, you'll put pounds of gain on your squat each week. No worries about opening with 225 in my book, you'll be well past that.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

You'll be happy to know smoker is full pole herderdude
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

You'll be happy to know smoker is full pole herderdude
    Good. He should grow to be strong like bull, then. I've never heard the sour cream thing. I've had rogies filled with sour cream and chives, but I've never put sour cream on a pierogi.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  32. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Good. He should grow to be strong like bull, then. I've never heard the sour cream thing. I've had rogies filled with sour cream and chives, but I've never put sour cream on a pierogi.
    It's good mang. Picked it up at czestochowa. I saw ppl doing that and I tried it and it's good, you should definitely check it out
  33. smoker145

I watched a vid by chad smith on squat. I know now I'm pushing my knees out to much, not walking out right, and I need to bring my arms closer in. I'm pretty excited to test this on wed.

Today is my squat day, but I'm going to bench instead. I don't think I will bench next week, and I want to have the most recovery time for my shoulder as possible. For Deload I'm thinking squat 3x with a dead session and some back work. No pressing thou
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Deads

Did 70% at 5 instead of 3 oops lol

In vid is 90%, 265x6
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LKMXq9-d4

Critiques always welcome.
    For shrugs 75x10 for 7 sets
    Ab work and grip work to end it. Was going to squat but my knees are still bothering me. Next 2 days of rest will do me well.
    There's a few things to keep in mind on your pulls. First, you lose your arch on nearly every rep and that is an injury waiting to happen. Next, at the initial, your shoulders slightly drift forward ahead of the bar. Your entire posterior chain needs strengthening and there should be no such thing as light rowing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

There's a few things to keep in mind on your pulls. First, you lose your arch on nearly every rep and that is an injury waiting to happen. Next, at the initial, your shoulders slightly drift forward ahead of the bar. Your entire posterior chain needs strengthening and there should be no such thing as light rowing.
    Thank you rodja. I will definitely have to be more aware. I have noticed my lb round to start my reps. I'm also going to add hypers to my workouts for strengthening.
    I did light rows because I worked out 4 of 5 days that weak and my back was sore to start the day I deadlifted.
    Is there any specific exercises you would recommend me?
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thank you rodja. I will definitely have to be more aware. I have noticed my lb round to start my reps. I'm also going to add hypers to my workouts for strengthening.
    I did light rows because I worked out 4 of 5 days that weak and my back was sore to start the day I deadlifted.
    Is there any specific exercises you would recommend me?
    Soreness is not a reason to hold back. You're more than likely going to constantly sore throughout every single week. Good mornings, SLDL, BB/DB rows, Meadows rows, etc. Cable and/or machine rows should only be used for extra volume.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Soreness is not a reason to hold back. You're more than likely going to constantly sore throughout every single week. Good mornings, SLDL, BB/DB rows, Meadows rows, etc. Cable and/or machine rows should only be used for extra volume.
    Thanks for the input rodja. I appreciate it. Hopefully my next dead I post will be better.
  38. smoker145

Bench

155x5
    178x 5
    200x2.
    225x1
    I was not happy with 200. I should have gotten 3-4, but did horribly with 2. 200 was my 95% and so I said **** this. I put 225 on and went for it. This time doing 225 was much easier than a month ago. No bounce and no board used this time. It wouldn't have counted in comp Bc no pause, but I was pleased that it was easier.

Swiss bar
    135 3 sets x9
    Tbar supported 100x3x6
    Cable row 150x3x6
    Rear delts machine 60x3x10
    Db 20x3x10

Tricep push down 90x3x12
    Grip roller 2 min total.
    No vids. My phone is officially a piece of **** and I need a new one. It keeps freezing for vids which is beyond frustrating.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

I think if you did the 175 for 3 as planned may have been easier
  40. smoker145

I think if you did the 175 for 3 as planned may have been easier
    Actually it was 177.5. I have 1.25 lb plates at gym lol and I know mang, I forget these things
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Countdown to 1st Competition - Advice?
    By PSBigJoey in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 04:42 PM
  2. Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.
    By Poobah in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
  3. Countdown to 1st Competition
    By PSBigJoey in forum Pics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 07:05 PM
  4. Cuffs' Road To Recovery...Let The Healing Begin!
    By Cuffs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 12:06 AM
  5. Npc: The Road To Ifbb Pro Status
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2003, 01:49 AM