Chasin' Gaynor...

Page 12 of 17 First ... 1011121314 ... Last

1. Saw this on facebook and knew you'd like it:

Marshall Johnson-- "Just got done deadlifting with David Hansen. What's the first thing I did? Crashed in an ice bath. First thing he did? Four more hours of farm work while laughing at what a poosay I am."

Farm strong.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. Good info here guys.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Saw this on facebook and knew you'd like it:

Marshall Johnson-- "Just got done deadlifting with David Hansen. What's the first thing I did? Crashed in an ice bath. First thing he did? Four more hours of farm work while laughing at what a poosay I am."

Farm strong.
    Yeah, I follow Hansen's log pretty much weekly. He has done some group dead sessions with those guys for a bit at Dakota.
    Lots of work there and always fun looking weird stuff.

4. Friday 4/18

Partial OHP's #100x3
    #135x3
    #155x3
    #175x3
    #155x3

Military Press #90x8x3

CGBP's #135x10x4

GM's #135x25

Pull Dwns #150x12x3

Tri Extens #90 x10x4

Pwr Shrugs #405x15
    #500x10
    #545x5
    #615x5
    #545x10

Got an issue with rt shoulder, some numbness and weakness on any lateral or anterior raise or hold.
    Has this a few years ago, but it explains the sudden weakness in the OHP lockouts. Usually I get #25-#35 more.
    Quite a few painful triggers in upper back tr side and pec.
    Sore today from shrugging and still feeling Wednesdays lower box work in my glutes, groin and hams.

Happy Holiday to all

5. Shrugging with 615 will explain the soreness! Happens when I shrug that much! NOT! Holy Mackeral PB! Heal up brother!
    •   

6. Monday 4/21

5" Block Pulls #495 x3x3 (80% of 1 RM)

2" Deficit Pulls #455 x3x3 (80% of 1 RM)

RDL's #315 x8x3

Reg Squats #225x5
    #275 x5x5

Low Cable rows #210 x10x4

Here we go again with more fun

7. Moo yeah, building that base.
    Training log:

8. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Moo yeah, building that base.
    AHAHA...!

Tuesday 4/22 Extra capacity work

GM's #225 x20x2

Done

9. I hope that's 20 sets of 2, otherwise that's way too tiring lol
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I hope that's 20 sets of 2, otherwise that's way too tiring lol
    Nah, 2 sets of 20. I only wanted to be in there for about 10-15 mins today for my cardio ;-)

11. Wednesday 4/23

OHP #75
    BP #135
    Bent Row #135

Complexes with 10 rep sets for 5 sets about 30 seconds between groups

Did not feel too much like training today. A few things going on personally and at work has just left me rather mentally and physically exhausted.
    Oh well, I have been thrown by horses before.

12. Friday 4/25

14" Box Squats #225x5
    #275x3
    #275+ #100 Chns x5x4

Zercher Harness #225 x10x2

Speed Pulls #315+2 Greens x2x4
    #315+#100 Chns x2x2

Shrugs #315 x20x3

Pull Dwns #175 x12x4

Some grip stuff/wrist curl sets and COC's

Fun day.Need to do this for a little while and let my CNS regenerate a bit. Did not kill myself at all and just wanted to bump some volume and work mediumish. (Is that an Eastern Bloc word?)
    Found from the box sqt vids that my knees wanna trail inward instead of keep my legs open. Worked on that more and seemed to get a little more flexible.

13. I think the Russian word for medium volume is Sheiko. :P
    Training log:

14. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I think the Russian word for medium volume is Sheiko. :P

HA! good one dude

15. Monday 4/28

OHP's #90x10x4

CGBP's #155x5x5 with neg dips supersets

Face Pulls #120x10x4

Press dwns #75x10x4

Still working on the rt shoulder weakness.
    What I have noticed when I awaken in the AM, my rt side rear jaw is tight and the back teeth have a hard time meeting. As I work the triggers around it loosens some, but I know I have a upper rt side trap tension situation going on into the rt. neck and lower jaw. The press outs are still weaker on the rt side and the lateral hold/raise test is almost comical, but grip and any all pulling concentric and eccentric has no weaknesses whatsoever and in fact my grip has gotten a bit better with reps on the COC's both hands and the #2 was very nearly closed. Interesting stuff actually.

16. Is this something a chiropractor could find and correct? Does this limit any OHP weight?

17. By all means it limits the weight as the rt. side (pushing muscles only) is weaker in tension, has less reception to force and drags behind and also fatigues faster.
    In my lateral test I hold 2 #10 weights out to the side. After a few seconds the rt side slowly starts to drop while the lft side is almost effortless to hold for a while. There is obviously a nerve being effected that is causing some of the effects and as I said, I have had this before with TMS.

18. Wednesday 4/30

Pin Pulls @ 13" #495x3x2
    #515x3

2" Deficits #430 x3x3

1" RDL's #330 x20

12" Box Squats #225x3
    #275x3x8

Low Cable Rows #240x8x4

One Arm DB's #120x10

Went in today with no gusto whatsoever. Just have been flat lately and we have a long week coming up and I am not looking forward to it at all.
    Just have not been into lifting hard or heavy and almost have to talk myself into some of this crap. It is nothing new as I run into these periods 2x per year usually. Just get hungry to do something totally different once in a while. Was looking at another Corvette on craigslist. Would like to get one again one of these days but I know if I do, my lifting will go south, at least for a bit. I am one of those guys that can only focus/immerse into one thing at a time.

19. It's good to get away from it sometimes, Paul. Blast and Dust at it's finest.
    Training log:

20. It certainly is for sure. It is just that at my age, it is not really easy, to just go in and a few weeks get back to my typical training loads.

21. Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    It certainly is for sure. It is just that at my age, it is not really easy, to just go in and a few weeks get back to my typical training loads.
    Takes us a few weeks just to warm up the muscles! Age presents it's challenges!

22. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Takes us a few weeks just to warm up the muscles! Age presents it's challenges!

This
    What really sucks too kiddo, (and I think Al Oerter said it) by the time I learned to think and train like a champion, my body was too old to respond well to it.

Oh well, you be the best you can be, for what you have to work with, eh...!?

23. Friday 5/2
    CGBP's #155 x5x5
    Superset Dips x5x3

OHP's #80x10x3
    #100x5x3

Speed Pulls 2 def #315+2 greens x2x3

Pull Dwns #220 x8x4

Tri Extens #70 x12x4

Not much to report. Weekend...!

24. Monday 5/5

W/U's 3" def #135x7
    #225x3
    #315x2

12" Block Pulls #405x1
    #495x1
    #525x3x4

2" Deficits #455x3x3
    #455+ #100 Chns x1x3

2" Def RDL's #405x5
    #365x12

Close Stance Squats for quads #225x25
    (All 1" above parallel) #275x12

T Bars #200 x10x4
    Pull Dwns #160 x12x3

Felt like training today, so I will chalk this one up as a keeper.
    Block pulls felt tight and I was experiencing a little with keeping my chin down more and trying to keep the low back thus the hams real loaded and springy. The 25 reps squats got me puffing some, so I will call that my cardio LOL.

25. Wednesday 5/7

Circuits of...
    OHP's #90x5x5
    CGBP's #100x20x5
    Dips x3x5
    Cable Rows #130x15x5
    DB Hammer Curl #35x5x5

GM's #100x20
    Grip stuff
    Then some mobility junk.

Slowly seem to be bringing my rt shoulder back to par. Still have weakness holding a lateral, doing a hammer curl and on any OH work or chest press that rt delt drags behind the left some or almost tries to splint, but without any pain. Any tricep holding rt to lft seems to be okay and quite balanced. Either way, it seems better than it was and is going in the right direction.
    Really painful triggers under rt arm in lat and in back rt scapula. A few in the trap and rt side of neck too. Lots of tension in there as I can feel, when I consciously relax it, how much more is in that side, than the left.
    All in all just some fun rep stuff

26. Monday 5/12

14" Block Pulls #545x3x3

Floor #405+#100 chains x1x15 (singles)

Squats #225x5
    #315x6x2
    #225x10

DB rows #120x10x3
    Pull Dwns #200 x8x4

Grip stuff

Worked all weekend and a lot of on my feet time. Still, I wanted to kick it some today and was a bit surprised the #545 felt as tight and fast as it did.
    I could not think of going to a deficit today however so I tried some speedish pulls with the #405+.

27. Strong brother, strong! Have you been following the BLR Follidrone logs? I'd like to see what you can DL with that compound. The only supplement I've seen you mention was Anabeta.

28. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Strong brother, strong! Have you been following the BLR Follidrone logs?
    I have not actually.
    I know I get a kick from coffee but I think lots of supps have caffeine in them. I try an stay naive to the stuff, (I don't use or drink it everyday) that way it does give me a better kick I think.

29. Anything unique you do for grip training? Or are you gonna say "I just hold heavy stuff"
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

30. Ha ha yeah that too
    I do wrist curls off the end of a bench start heavy and keep breaking down weight higher reps.
    Some reverse curls for tops of forearms
    Pinches with 6" cement clocks
    COC' gripper
  •