James Fullers' workout log - Powerlifter

Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    hit a 510 at the last meet. Id honestly like to open up at 508 but not 100% sure if i want to take a risk of getting red lights on a first lift. Only reason im hitting 508 is because the national record is 507, so wanna beat that, then go for broke on a 3rd. wish i had a spotter today so i could have really tested out what i can do. Ive hit a 505 for 2 a few weeks ago, but depth wasnt there. i was a few inches high.
    And that makes sense, for the sake of breaking the record. What's your ultimate 3rd attempt goal? I just think it would suck to waste energy on a second attempt lift you've already hit
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. usually depends on how im feeling today. Ultimate goal is a 540. but if that 508 is feeling heavy then ill take 520 for my 3rd, and if i end up getting a 4th, ill go for broke on that with a 540 since that wont count towards my total anyways
    •   

3. Changed things up from the norm since its supposed to be an easy week before i shut down training to rest.

11/18/19 - Meat head Monday - Chest:

Bench:
    45x1x12- reverse grip
    95x1x8- reverse grip
    135x1x6
    185x1x4
    225x5x2 - pause press

Incline Bench:
    45x1x12
    135x1x8
    185x3x3 - pause press

Iso lateral chest wideP:
    47(per side) x1x30

Tricep Extension w/ rope:
    35x3x15

Low Cable Crossover:
    25x2x8

High Cable Crossover:
    25x2x8

Single arm tricep extension w/ rope and neutral grip:
    20x3x8

Single arm tricep extension w/ D-Handle, palm forward:
    15x3x8

Pec Dec Fly:
    50x3x8

Knuckle Touch Extension:
    30x3x8

Tibia Raise:
    12x2x20

Seated Calf Raise w/ pause:
    150x3x12

4. 11/19/13

RDL:
    45x1x12

DL-Conventional:
    135x1x8
    185x1x6
    225x1x4
    275x5x2

Lat Pull down - wide grip:
    85x1x12
    100x1x8
    120x4x6

Lat Pull down - underhand grip:
    120x3x6

Straight Arm Lat pull down:
    40x4x8

Seated Row w/ V-Grip:
    120x4x8

Single Arm DB Row:
    70x2x6

Incline Alt DB Curl:
    15x2x10

Hammer Curl:
    20x3x8

Sit-ups:
    2x25

5. Weighed in at 169lbs this morning. Have a massaged tomorrow, and on rest and recovery this week. Will drive down Thursday so I can finish what little bit of weight cut Ill have to do Thursday night, and then weigh in early Friday morning, then grub out and compete on Saturday. Ill be competing at the USPA West Coast Open at 165lb Open Raw Classic. Got openers figured out, and 2nd attempts for the most part. Those and 3rd attempts will go off how im feeling that day. Hoping to end the day with a 530/365/440. Thats the game plan anyways.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Weighed in at 169lbs this morning. Have a massaged tomorrow, and on rest and recovery this week. Will drive down Thursday so I can finish what little bit of weight cut Ill have to do Thursday night, and then weigh in early Friday morning, then grub out and compete on Saturday. Ill be competing at the USPA West Coast Open at 165lb Open Raw Classic. Got openers figured out, and 2nd attempts for the most part. Those and 3rd attempts will go off how im feeling that day. Hoping to end the day with a 530/365/440. Thats the game plan anyways.
    Those are robust numbers, particularly for your weight. You must be one stout, jacked phucker!

Good luck, and make your community proud, RL and Internets.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

7. Thanks man, hopefully everything goes as planned.

8. And sub'd. Always rallying for us vertically challenged guys, lol.
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

9. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    And sub'd. Always rallying for us vertically challenged guys, lol.
    vertically challenged? your 5'8", your like a giant to me lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    vertically challenged? your 5'8", your like a giant to me lol
    Lol. I hear you man, but my mom is 5'9", dad is 6 feet, younger bro is 6'3", and where i live, or rather the neighborhoods i tend to hang in, average male height seems to be 6'1". How i miss being a wrestler, and actually being slightly above average, lol.Anyhow, still, special rally calls for 5'8" and under. And you my friend have the stuff of a giant, make no mistake!

11. still got a long way to go in this journey. got a log? ill sub to it. Always down to support another 165lber

12. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    still got a long way to go in this journey. got a log? ill sub to it. Always down to support another 165lber
    Yep, but i am not powerlifting as you will learn if you read my log. I just moved back here after logging on a private forum for last 1.6 years, with a few other fellas here. Glad to be back on a public board, with so many more members and such a broad array of approaches/outlook/perspective (as a function of being public, versus hand picked by a few). But the private forum was also an exceptional place, and an invaluable experience for me.The High-Jinx Log: Celebrations of My Reincarnations wish i could have an extra line on my signature for my log. There really ought to be an easier way to link to someone's log. Perhaps there is, and i just don't know how to do it.Anyhow, look forward to following you, and if you choose to follow me, for whatever reason, i hope i cam offer you something of value. Cheers, and again, go get 'em champ.

13. Just got done with over 2 hours of deep tissue and trigger point. Felt like hell the whole time doing it but feel great now. Ready for this meet to get here. Only have 1 person to compete against tho, which kind of sucks. But atleast I actually get to compete tho.

14. Don't feel bad about having no one to compete against. Every time I do a meet I compete against myself because if my category. I always go to beat my last PR or remain at same strength previous.
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

15. Meet started out horrible for me. Hit my opener on squat of 462.7 then jumped to 512.5 to go for the state and national record. Got crushed by it on my 2nd and 3rd attempts. Not sure what was going on. Bench started out bad too. Took 314 for an opener. Threw it up but my butt was off the bench. 2nd attempt was 336 for the wa st record. Didn't get a lot of leg drive in it but still got the lift. 3rd attempt was 347. Got it off my chest and fought for a little bit but then just died out. Deadlift opener was 407.7. Got it. 2nd attempt was 418.7 for the wa st record. 3rd attempt was 429.7 for wa st record and meet PR. Took a 4th attempt at 440.7 for wa st record and my all time PR. Didn't get the numbers I wanted today in squat and bench but it was awesome to end the day with a PR on my worst lift.

16. Congrats on the deadlift PR! Must be doing something right there.

Really sucks about the squat, man. Got vids of the failed attempts?
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

17. yea I got vids of my squat and bench. Didnt get any of my DL tho. I know speed was slow on my squats.

18. I know it's upsetting to not get what you want, but to claim a 10th lift as an all time PR and State Record, especially for your worst lift, is impressive and motivating.
    [email protected]

19. Yea thats the only thing i was happy about. it was a 25lb meet pr and a 11lb all time pr. Definitely had to stay strong mentally and stay focused. never went 1 for 3 on any lift, so doing that for my first 2 lifts which also happen to be my best lifts was challenging.

20. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Yea thats the only thing i was happy about. it was a 25lb meet pr and a 11lb all time pr. Definitely had to stay strong mentally and stay focused. never went 1 for 3 on any lift, so doing that for my first 2 lifts which also happen to be my best lifts was challenging.
    I believe that.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

21. Well done, buddy! Time to be pleased, and then reach for what you expected, digging even deeper.

22. Cant really sweat it to much, I compete next weekend in the Hardcore Pacific Northwest Powerlifting Championships (Vashon Perryman will be competing too) and then later on in the day the Kings of Bench IX Comp (Phillip Brewer and Joe Luther will be competing in this too) Then after that i can get back to training and working out the kinks

23. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    Cant really sweat it to much, I compete next weekend in the Hardcore Pacific Northwest Powerlifting Championships (Vashon Perryman will be competing too) and then later on in the day the Kings of Bench IX Comp (Phillip Brewer and Joe Luther will be competing in this too) Then after that i can get back to training and working out the kinks
    That's rough. I like it!
    [email protected]

24. At the time i thought the full powerlifting portion was going to be on saturday and the kings of bench part on sunday. thats the only reason i signed up for both. but its the women and the light weights (150lb class and the 175lb class) full power going saturday early afternoon. then late afternoon the kings of bench portion goes. then on sunday the heavier weights compete in full power. So yea... what can you do lol. Itll be fun. hoping to get the numbers i want at that meet.

25. Nice work man!
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Swift Powerlifting Workout log Feedback Plz!!
    By Swift in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 11:46 AM
  2. Phillyb's Workout Log
    By phillyb in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 10:14 PM
  3. Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps
    By NickW in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 01:16 AM
  4. Heres my new workout log..