DipStrong's NEW and (hopefully) Improved Log

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. The summer was extremely rough on my weight training goals, with the stress of working full time and starting college, I was away from AM for over a month. But I am back, and bigger and stronger.

I "officially" started my bulk 2 weeks ago as of today (so, 8/20/13) at 151lbs. This morning I was at 155.8. Not bad.

Supplements? None, other than creatine, whey protein isolate and dextrose (all 3 together = bomb ass post workout shake @ 500cal).

Nutrition? I've been eating between 32-3600 calories a day, plan to do 2 more weeks at that and see how I've faired. If I need to increase, I will. If I "need" to lower, I won't, lol.

Workout Routine? Right now I'm using Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 with the Periodization accessory work. Although, I've added a 5th working day dedicated to just arm work (bicep, tricep, and forearm) because the periodization template doesn't have any direct arm work and my arms are my smallest/weakest point.

I MAY switch it up and do some German volume training after 2 cycles of 5/3/1, just depends on how well 5/3/1 treats me. So far, it's been very good.

Progress pictures will be posted when I have the chance.

Questions, advice, anything at all, just post! Thanks y'all.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I see that lotion bottle there! You were just procrastabating all summer dont lie! LOL welcome back man

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
I see that lotion bottle there! You were just procrastabating all summer dont lie! LOL welcome back man
Ahhhhhh, too bad that's actually my sisters make-up remover stuff, hahaha. But yeah, it's about time I put on some size.

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
In for the lean bulk. You should fair well with 5/3/1, it's great for putting on lean mass and building a good base.
I'm not quite sure how lean it's actually going to be, right now I feel like 3200 calories is pushing it, but we'll see in a couple more weeks.

So far 5/3/1 has been good to me, tomorrow will be the end of my 2nd week of the first cycle. Already increasing in strength by a ton.

I'll post the first 2 weeks of my 5/3/1 tomorrow afternoon once I finish my workout and get home. Tomorrow is OHP, I just finished deadlifts about 45 minutes ago.