I've been tracking my progress in 5/3/1 through my website (djbeanpole.com) but since I don't have many eyes heading in that direction I thought I'd keep a log going here as well. I started 5/3/1 at the beginning of spring 2013 and I'm 5-6 months into by now. My numbers have gone up accordingly and they are either nearing or surpassing my powerlifting records from years ago.
Weight: 250lbs (as of 9/3/2013)
POWERLIFTING PERSONAL RECORDS
These are from 2009
CURRENT 5/3/1 PERSONAL RECORDS
OHP: 115x11 - 6/23/2013 135x10 - 8/30/2013
DEADLIFT: 325x12, 450x1 - 8/3/2013 315x15 7/10/13
BENCH: 215x11 - 7/11/2013 225x12 - 8/20/2013 260x1- 7/4/2013
SQUAT: 220x13 - 7/12/13 250x10 - 9/2/2013 255x8 - 8/21/2013 295x1 - 7/5/2013
GOALS FOR 2013
CURRENT TRAINING SETUP
- Wendler's 5/3/1, Simplest Strength Template (with my own twists here and there)
- I only wear my belt when I approach ~80% max weight
- I do not use straps for any of the main lifts (only chalk)
- I use wrist wraps when I either feel like it or when I approach around ~80% max weight (usually just bench, OHP, squats)
- I don't **** around in the gym
Questions/Comments/Followers all welcome! Thanks for following along! I'm going to backlog this log from the beginning of Cycle 6 to present. If you want to see what I was up to before then please visit my website!!!
ANYTHING BOLDED IN THE LOG = A PR!!!