75 x 15
    100 x 15, 15, 12, 10

HS lying Chest supported rows
    Pronated wide grip
    4 sets of 8-12 reps

Seated High cable low rows
    -light weights for a nice pump
    3 sets of 15-20

-back was feelin a bit tight so I could not arch a lot today. Not that I normally arch that high anyways but I felt the diff today.
    -lack of meals made me feel abit sluggish today but still a good workout

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post
    Bench week1 cycle 2

Working sets (65,75,85%)
    185 x 5
    215 x 5
    240 x 10 video PR

http://youtu.be/b28oz4LB_PM

Chins
    10, 12, 12, 12, 10 , 10

Db bench
    75 x 15
    100 x 15, 15, 12, 10

HS lying Chest supported rows
    Pronated wide grip
    4 sets of 8-12 reps

Seated High cable low rows
    -light weights for a nice pump
    3 sets of 15-20

-back was feelin a bit tight so I could not arch a lot today. Not that I normally arch that high anyways but I felt the diff today.
    -lack of meals made me feel abit sluggish today but still a good workout
    Awesome job on that pr AT. Strong db bench following the bench...
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's a whole mess load of chin ups
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post

Awesome job on that pr AT. Strong db bench following the bench...
    Thanks bud. I was surprised how easy 100s felt but I would assume its from the nice Deload I took. Started to get heavier on 3 set lol. Especially that's when I started to lose steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    That's a whole mess load of chin ups
    Lol my pride n joy. Honestly I feel my back got super wide ever since I started doing em. I like to mix up tempo to. But definitely made my back thicker. And all the way down is a must for me.. Ill grind out and use momentum on the top reps but as long as I get that stretch on the bottom.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Congrats on the bench PR! 100's on the DB bench! AT is getting stronger! Nice job.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Squats

-was good today.. But back was not at 100% thinking of backing down with the weight till back gets better.
    -warmed up with agile11 and lacross smashed everything.
    Working sets 65,75,85%
    235 x 5
    265 x 5
    305 x 7
    -felt like I was bout to pull something .. Maybe it was all in my head but fcked wit my focus so I just racked it

Some more squats to get my body back to its groove again. Focused on depth and speed.. Which I felt was lacking on working sets. Some paused sets as well
    6 sets of 6 @ 185

RDL paused
    Light weights again
    135 x 6 x 5

Some conventional speed pulls
    135 x 5 x 5 (15-30 sec rest in between sets)

Yea as u can see weights were definitely lowered today. Really contemplating on just lowering 1rm to work around my lower back injury. At least till I'm better. Any input fellas?
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

if you can't hit depth without being in pain i would think about reducing the weight. 5/3/1 is pretty darn taxing on the back as is.. nursing an injury through it must be tough.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

First congrats on the PR, that's some strong pressing, BB and DB..,
    second, leave that low back alone. Why don't you just do speed work on your squats (pulls if necessary) for a bit until your back heals up. Anything that irritates it- I'd stay away from.

Don't worry about it, I tore my hamstring and was out of squatting for two Weeks and nothing over 185 for probably 4-6 more Weeks.

You will come back stronger, just do what you need to do ie address why this happened in the first place- whether it be a muscular imbalance, tightness, technical failure.

Learn from your mistakes and you'll continue to progress. Don't sweat the, small set backs, we all have them.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    second, leave that low back alone. Why don't you just do speed work on your squats (pulls if necessary) for a bit until your back heals up. Anything that irritates it- I'd stay away from.

Don't worry about it, I tore my hamstring and was out of squatting for two Weeks and nothing over 185 for probably 4-6 more Weeks.

You will come back stronger, just do what you need to do ie address why this happened in the first place- whether it be a muscular imbalance, tightness, technical failure.

Learn from your mistakes and you'll continue to progress. Don't sweat the, small set backs, we all have them.
    Agreed! Take it easy and get back to 100%
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by capo180 View Post
    if you can't hit depth without being in pain i would think about reducing the weight. 5/3/1 is pretty darn taxing on the back as is.. nursing an injury through it must be tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nooshefx View Post

Agreed! Take it easy and get back to 100%
    Thanks fellas. Really appreciate the input. Ill definitely take it easy on my back. I just didn't want to lose any strength gains but my back health is definitely first priority . Will be adjusting squat numbers but after I do my DL session. Just to see where I'm at with that as well.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Meal 2

Name:  image-1076776227.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  495.3 KB

Beef in a tomato stew, squash, green peas.. And pieces of sliced pork belly with 1.5 cups of rice
    Going for a high carb day today. Body feels like it needs it!! ESP for the lack of food lately. Need to replenish
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good advice in here. A bad back is something you'll live with your whole life. Let it heal brother. At your numbers you'll come back even stronger after healing.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Thanks brother. Definitely will lower weights. But need to find some back friendly leg exercises that can help gain strength or better yet retain my squat numbers.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks brother. Definitely will lower weights. But need to find some back friendly leg exercises that can help gain strength or better yet retain my squat numbers.
    You won't lose much strength. It's all in your head.

Every injury I've had has brought me back stronger thru smarter training.

Use this time to hammer your weak points.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

OHP

65,75,85%
    135x 5
    150 x 5
    170 x 9 rep pr

Variations of pull-ups
    Medium grip 10, 15, 15
    Wide grip 10 , 10
    Neutral grip close 10, 12
    Neutral wide 8, 8

Close grip bench speed work
    135 x 3 x 5
    185 x 3 x 2
    225 x 5 x 1

Delt work(laterals and lying rear delt bb pulls)
    Use of light weights and high reps.. Really focusing on peak contractions.

Arms
    Reverse curls and extensions
    Used lightweights here as well

-currently using the remainder of alphamine. It's ok for now.. Energy Dies down after the first two main lifts. It could b cuz I drank coffee in the morning and late night workout but ehh.. Can't b using anything with 1,3 dim since im going to b drug tested for class soon. Don't want a false positive n not sure what they would say about it. Better safe then sorry lol
    -no vids tonight.. Gym was crowded with a bunch of youngins today. Stupid crowded and weights all over the place.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quality training day! That was a ton of pull-ups. So you can get heart palps from enhanced and have no ill effect from 1.3? I also noticed you did OHP, how did that go with the back pain you have been experiencing?
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quality training day! That was a ton of pull-ups. So you can get heart palps from enhanced and have no ill effect from 1.3? I also noticed you did OHP, how did that go with the back pain you have been experiencing?
    Yea love pulls n chin ups. N nope 1,3 doesnt fck me up.it is the only thing that can get me going I feel.. Well in combination w/ other things.i feel it was the vasodialators that was messin me up in enhanced. But lately I've been good with yohibime for some reason. I started supplementing Vit D lately n for some reason heart palps diminished.. And ive upped my caffeine intake without any weird feelings And sides like hrtpalps.. Not sure if its from the vitD but definitely see a difference when I wasn't taking Vit D. Like befor I could not take more than 1 scoop of alphamine and now I took two and I was fine. Also icould drink3 cups of coffee now without feeling shaky and nauseated. Soo weird.. Ill have to look into why this sudden change in reactions. But I think I read somewhere about vitD helping with CVD or AF . But dnt quote me on that.

But on the OHP I dnt feel my back at all on this. Unless I'm really in a bad position like over extending my back . I'm assuming my back issues is muscular(hopefully lol)
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Sumos

275 x 5
    335 x 5
    365 x 3
    - went up to 365 and only had 3. Went up super slow dropped it backdown to 185 and 225 for speed pulls and worked on form

Oly squats
    135 x 10
    185 x 10
    225 x 10, 8

Leg press
    Narrow stance quad dominant
    4 sets of 12 slowed controlled reps

Leg curls
    3 sets of 15
    Slow controlled reps, squeeze at peak
    -huge pump from these

Called it day. Going to drop 1 rm for these as well. Just wanted to see where I was with these and it totally sucked . Had to wear a belt on the warm ups because the lower back was feeling funky on the pull . W.e. next week all lower body #s will be dropped on main lifts. And accessory will b mainly back friendly. Gotta let this **** heal up. I know I know I shouldn't of tried to go so heavy today but just wanted to see how back would do on the sumos with heavier weight in my hands . Time to eat and study ! B easy fellas
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Bench
    70,80,90%
    200 x 3
    225 x 3
    255 x 6

Chins
    5 sets x 10

Rows db
    100 x 10 x 4sets

-had to cut it short. . Well got my lifts in .. Didn't really max out on bench due to no spotter but all reps went up really good. Prob had 2 more
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

531 bench

75 85 95%
    215 x 5
    240 x 3
    270 x 6

Chins
    4 x 10

Db rows
    90 x 12
    105 x 10
    115 x 10

Db bench
    90 x 10
    105 x 10
    115 x 8

Plate loaded Lying Chest supported rows
    Pronated grip wide
    3 sets x 12

SM seated military
    Partial slow reps
    3 sets of 20

-so didn't log last weeks training. Numbers were dropped as I previously stated for lower body. Just working in getting back into the grove of things. Hopefully can start going heavy pain free soon but just been doing alot of speed work and working on my week points . Been Doing alot of BB goodmornings and realized how much my core really sucked with this. Well ill try to post up lower body this week just been busy and lazy to post up weak numbers on here. Ight fellas be easy
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

We'll call it a "deload / healing" week! Lol good to see you "back" at it AT! Lol
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    We'll call it a "deload / healing" week! Lol good to see you "back" at it AT! Lol
    Thanks brother. Need to get back at it that's forsure. Missing the DMAA tho. Been using coffee or a carb free monster for a my pre and things ain't the same lol. But I think I'll go and purchase another tub of MM when back is at 100%. I recently passed the drug test for my clinical so I'm good to go
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Looking strong brother!
    Independent Review
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

With all the training I think you just learn to get past the injuries. I'm logging this Stimul8 pre right now and holy shiz! You shouldn't have to worry about the asthma thing you and all talked about either.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why not try some albuterol from one of the RC suppliers?
    Independent Review
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Looking strong brother!
    Actually just maintaining I feel . Not eating enough lately w/ school n everything.

With all the training I think you just learn to get past the injuries. I'm logging this Stimul8 pre right now and holy shiz! You shouldn't have to worry about the asthma thing you and all talked about either.
    I actually just bought the ON pre-from my guy for a couple of bucks today so ima finish this befor I move on I stimul8. But the Pre did some justice today. 200 caffeine per scoop and some other goodies.

Why not try some albuterol from one of the RC suppliers?
    Yea I could give it a try but right now no asthma yet. Usually once it starts getting colder n the use of vasodialators can stimulate some asthmatic symptoms
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

531 squats

225 x 5
    285 x 3
    315 x 7
    -felt good on the depth. Just not as good as last time I did the 315 for 10. But getting there .

Front squats
    135 x 12 x 2
    185 x 10 x 2
    135 x 12

Good mornings
    -paused
    135 x 12 x 2
    185 x 10 x 2

Bb lunges
    135 x 10 x 3

Speed pulls
    Conventional DL w/ deficit(on plate)

135 x 3 x 3
    185 x 3
    235 x 3
    285 x 3
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Good session man
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good session man
    Front squats are hard tho. Not sure how to have my hands crossed or flexed or where the bar should b on my shoulders or clavicle
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Dan Green has some good videos on front squatting.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

OHP 531
    155 x 5
    175 x 3
    195 x 3

Speed bench narrow grip
    135 x 3
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    255 x 1
    Paused bench
    275 x 1
    225 x 3 x 3

Pull ups
    12,15, 12,12
    Iso holds pull ups
    6(then at last rep hold at top for 6 sec)
    5, 5sec
    4, 4 sec
    3, 3 sec
    2, 2 sec
    1, 1 sec
    - this was awesome. Talk about a pump two sets of this. Had to drop to starting with 5 sec cuz 6 was brutal

Pendlay rows
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    255 x 8

Seated rows ISo holds
    2 sets (same concept as with the pull-ups)
    Started with 6 reps for 6sec
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

What are you weighing in at nowadays Alan?

Front squats are a b*tch but they hurt so good
    Independent Review
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

What are you weighing in at nowadays Alan?

Front squats are a b*tch but they hurt so good
    Actually not sure . A few nights ago I checked it was at 203. But that's nighttime after a big dinner. So I'm guessing 197 ish. Ill check Tom morning (Btw.. I spell it Allen no biggie tho ha) my abdomen is really accumulating bf tho. No lie. My infrequent meals and prolonged hours of fasting during the day time is really messin me up

But I watched few vids on the front squat n I was Setting up wrong. Had the bar on the delta instead of behind . Ima do em again for lowerbody day 2 this weekend.
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Actually not sure . A few nights ago I checked it was at 203. But that's nighttime after a big dinner. So I'm guessing 197 ish. Ill check Tom morning (Btw.. I spell it Allen no biggie tho ha) my abdomen is really accumulating bf tho. No lie. My infrequent meals and prolonged hours of fasting during the day time is really messin me up

But I watched few vids on the front squat n I was Setting up wrong. Had the bar on the delta instead of behind . Ima do em again for lowerbody day 2 this weekend.
    Yeah that whole meal timing thing is a pain in the ass
    Independent Review
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Conventional DL 531
    -I had dropped my 1rm to 365. And been using conventional lately because hams and hips have been feeling abit funky. Been rolling on em with a ball befor and after workouts tho . So well see. But my back is feeling way better. Especially with using conventional DL again

75, 85, 95%
    275 x 5
    315 x 3
    345 x 7

Front squats
    135 x 12 x 2
    185 x 8
    225 x 6
    -still figuring out form with these. Feelin like bar wants to rollover delts. So I stop short on some reps

Good mornings
    185 x 10
    225 x 8 x 3

Seated leg ext
    3 x 15
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Glad back is better but be cautious. That 225 good morning weight scared me.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Bench cycle 3 week 1
    -pwo 1 scoop ON pre, 1 cap oxylite OG. Definitely needed that dmaa today. Had a 10 hr clinical and barely ate but still got it in today. Already had 2 Cups of coffee In the morning. Matched my prev pr 245 x 10. And yea i Had a bottle of oxylite lying around that I never got to finish.

65, 75, 85%
    185 x 5
    215 x 5
    245 x 10

Chins
    15, 15,15, 12, 12

Dips
    -below parallel, slightly tilted
    Bw x 40, 30 , 20
    -next week ill bring the weight belt . This was too easy for me.. I basically flying off the dip racks.

Pendlay
    135 x 6
    185 x 6
    225 x 6
    255 x 5
    135 x 15

Bb curls and seat OH extensions
    -went heavy for these few sets of 8

Face pulls
    3 sets of 12
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Good work man. Nice to know the back is better. I like crossing my arms on front squats and keeping the elbows high, forcing them up constantly. you gotta stay real tight in the core and upper back to keep that weight from coming forward. its a pretty difficult movement, but its the best quad builder imo.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Squat cycle 3 week 1

65,75,85%
    225 x 5
    255 x 5
    290 x 9

Front squat
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    - shoulders and wrist were killin so I switched to oly squats
    Paused oly squats(3 sec in the hole)
    185 x 5
    225 x 3 x 2

Rdl
    135 x 10
    185 x 10
    225 x 10
    275 x 8
    325 x 6

Called it . Wanted to do some core work but I was out of it
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

You had a scoop of ON Pre + and Oxy Elite !!!! Holy Sh*T!!! The back is healthy and there you go lifting heavy again.

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 02:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format
    By Matthew D in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12