Atanocc 531 log

Page 3 of 16 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post

Definitely need some work on the sumos.. I was going extra wide that day thinking it would help with a more upright torso but obviously didn't. I'm going to mess around with some foot placements once back feels better. And I'll try some lacrosse ball stuff on the glutes even tho i don't feel much tightness at all on my butt but its worth a shot since nothing can go wrong either way
    You say that now until you sit on a lacrosse ball/baseball. Tight glutes won't feel like your typical DOMS.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

You say that now until you sit on a lacrosse ball/baseball. Tight glutes won't feel like your typical DOMS.
    when my glutes are tight, my low back is ****ed
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Back is feelin like Shyt. Have never been to a chiro but I think it's about that time. Back is at its worse. Sitting In class was super uncomfortable. Getting off that chair was 10x worse. It takes me a few minutes till my back would allow me to stand upright without lower back feeling like its getting torn apart(stiffness and pain). Putting on my socks was a mission this morning lol. Lying in bed right now hating life haha. Ill prob b out for a while but ill be around looking at updates from u guys. Be easy fellas
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Get off the bed and lay down on the ground. Put your legs/butt up against the wall and stretch out those hamstrings. Well try it anyways. Seems to help for myself and occasionally we all find ourselves in the break room at work doing this when needed.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nooshefx View Post
    Get off the bed and lay down on the ground. Put your legs/butt up against the wall and stretch out those hamstrings. Well try it anyways. Seems to help for myself and occasionally we all find ourselves in the break room at work doing this when needed.
    Yea I've been stretching it every hour .. But im thinking its the disk and partially muscular related. Ill see what the chiro says
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I had a similar experience to you in may with a back pinch while squating.. The next week or so was pretty damn bad.. Couldn't lift for about a month. It's kind of what I'm coming back from now.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capo180 View Post
    I had a similar experience to you in may with a back pinch while squating.. The next week or so was pretty damn bad.. Couldn't lift for about a month. It's kind of what I'm coming back from now.
    Crap. Dnt tell me that bro. Haha. I dnt know if I can stay away from the gym for a month. U see the chiro??
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

No just went to a general doctor. She gave me muscle relaxers and said my lower back muscles were just real tight and spasming.

The **** was painful though man. Felt like I was a good 70 years old for a week or so lol.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

The **** was painful though man. Felt like I was a good 70 years old for a week or so lol.
    Ha that's exactly how I feel. I walk with short steps, can't bend over, and I'm pretty much hunched over in this weird position cuz back so tight.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  147 lbs.
    Answers

Do this..Lay flat back on the floor, place your hand under your spine. If you have any curve where your back isn't touching, then you need to spine massage it with a soft foam roller. Roll side to side for a minute or so, then lay back on the floor. Spine should be flush with floor, no curve. This will help relieve some of that pressure.
    Here dude, I pulled this up for you

Lie with head and spine supported on foam roller and feet flat on floor. Place arms directly out to the side, as in forming the letter T. You should feel the stretch in your chest/pectoral muscles and shoulders.
    Pectoral Stretch: T position
    Hold this position for 30 seconds while still breathing and repeat 3 times.
    In this position, roll side to side to give your back muscles a massage. Massage the area for 1 minute
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalG View Post
    Do this..Lay flat back on the floor, place your hand under your spine. If you have any curve where your back isn't touching, then you need to spine massage it with a soft foam roller. Roll side to side for a minute or so, then lay back on the floor. Spine should be flush with floor, no curve. This will help relieve some of that pressure.

Lie with head and spine supported on foam roller and feet flat on floor. Place arms directly out to the side, as in forming the letter “T”. You should feel the stretch in your chest/pectoral muscles and shoulders.
    In this position, roll side to side to give your back muscles a massage. Massage the area for 1 minute
    That looks like good stuff. I need to get me one of those!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalG View Post

Lie with head and spine supported on foam roller and feet flat on floor. Place arms directly out to the side, as in forming the letter T. You should feel the stretch in your chest/pectoral muscles and shoulders.
    Thanks really appreciate this! Gonna try this when I get back from work
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Military press 531

Week 3 cycle 1
    - so had early class today and got out early. Back was feeling decent as long as I wasn't bending over to pick Shyt up. Stretching yesterday helped alot ..So I decided to finish off at least my military presses for 531 week.
    -didn't max out on anything and took it easy so I won't spaz out my back.. Wore a belt through entire workout too keep core tight. And extra support

Military
    Warmed up with pull ups and chins
    4 sets of 6-8
    -slow controlled reps

Working sets
    75,85,95%
    145 x 5
    165 x 3
    185 x 5
    -had at least one more but racked it

More pull-ups and chin ups
    Lost track of how many sets , at least 8-10 sets of 6-8

Close grip bench
    Working sets
    -paused on chest for 3 sec
    225 x 6 x 5
    -some more pull ups done in between.. Dead stops
    3 sets of 3

Delt work (lateral db raises and front raises) and called it a day then went to work

-nothing was maxed out and kept rest high. Nothing too taxing on the back.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Deadlift

-went super light today. Didn't want to irritate back.. Felt like a bytch using light weights.
    -worked up to 335.. A bunch of singles . Practiced taking out slack and setting up initial pull. Back was still hindering my mobility but I think I got more upright this time then last. Focused on keeping knees behind toes and most of body behind bar. Definitely felt like I was doing em with better form today then any other day ive done em

oly squats
    -paused in hole and took 3 deep breathes
    135 x 5
    145 x 5
    225 x 3 x 3
    -last set I felt like I was so close to tweak my back again on the way up.

Back ext
    Bw x 10 x 5

Did some arms today. Curls and ext. nothing to extreme . Just got a nice pump goin

Was going to see chiro but back was feelng like its heeling up. Don't wanna spend that money for someone to give me pain meds or muscle relaxers for my back . Yea it'll probably benefit me in the long run for them checking me out but ehh next time. Definitely my hips (iliacus and psoas) need some work and stretching. Maybe a week of stretching would loosen things ups. Thanks god it's Deload next week so ill be focusing on mobility form and speed with all lifts.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Deadlift

-went super light today. Didn't want to irritate back.. Felt like a bytch using light weights.
    -worked up to 335.. A bunch of singles . Practiced taking out slack and setting up initial pull. Back was still hindering my mobility but I think I got more upright this time then last. Focused on keeping knees behind toes and most of body behind bar. Definitely felt like I was doing em with better form today then any other day ive done em

oly squats
    -paused in hole and took 3 deep breathes
    135 x 5
    145 x 5
    225 x 3 x 3
    -last set I felt like I was so close to tweak my back again on the way up.

Back ext
    Bw x 10 x 5

Did some arms today. Curls and ext. nothing to extreme . Just got a nice pump goin

Was going to see chiro but back was feelng like its heeling up. Don't wanna spend that money for someone to give me pain meds or muscle relaxers for my back . Yea it'll probably benefit me in the long run for them checking me out but ehh next time. Definitely my hips (iliacus and psoas) need some work and stretching. Maybe a week of stretching would loosen things ups. Thanks god it's Deload next week so ill be focusing on mobility form and speed with all lifts.
    Chiropractors don't write prescriptions for drugs dude.

They make adjustments to your spine and (a good chiropractor) will do active release therapy on soft tissues and can put tendons in the proper place as well.

I'd highly suggest seeing one still.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

Chiropractors don't write prescriptions for drugs dude.

They make adjustments to your spine and (a good chiropractor) will do active release therapy on soft tissues and can put tendons in the proper place as well.

I'd highly suggest seeing one still.
    Ha alright ill take that into consideration. How do u know whose a legit chiro tho?? Cuz i have a few of them just around the corner of my block but dont just want to go to just any. Sorry never been to one
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Post meal

Carnitas!!
    Tortilla , pulled pork with sour cream and chipotle peppers.

Name:  image-478965951.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  464.1 KB
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Ha alright ill take that into consideration. How do u know whose a legit chiro tho?? Cuz i have a few of them just around the corner of my block but dont just want to go to just any. Sorry never been to one
    Call and ask if they offer active release therapy and or soft tissue work
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Food likes fire! Lacrosse ball to the lower lumbar will fix that issue
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Deload week
    bench
    worked up to 185
    reps of 3-5 paused on chest and explode up

maxed out on 185 for 30 reps

chins
    6 sets of 8-10

db bench
    75 x 10 x 2
    100 x 10
    115 x 9
    125 x 7

lying chest supported HS rows (pronated grip, wide grip)
    2 plates x 12
    3 x 10
    4 x 6
    5 x 5
    2 x 10 x 3

dead stop chins and pull ups various grips
    5 sets of 5-8

shrugs
    light weights slow controlled form
    3 sets of 15

-took some cit mal today to finish up my bottle and damn.. gave me the only low BP. i was just zoned the fck out on the bench today.. had to hype me up on every set. by DB bench it started to wear off so thats why i decided to hit 125.. energy came super late for me but got it in today
    -still havent checked up on back just been stretching. im waiting till me n wife have days off together so we can get our backs checked same time since she is having back aches lately due to pregnancy. Work killed me today.. had a big shipment come in and had to unload n separate 15 skids. 96 degree weather out here in chicago so i was drained
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

love me some Citmal
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

love me some Citmal
    I don't know why I react this way to types of vasodilators.. Sucks , I never did befor. Use to pump me up like a motherfcker but now I just get this weak feeling and body doesn't get tight as I'd want it to b
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

strong bench work man.

i feel you on the heat too. im in cleveland its been super hot here too. my car said 98 at one point yesterday.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

strong bench work man.

i feel you on the heat too. im in cleveland its been super hot here too. my car said 98 at one point yesterday.
    Thanks brotha. Arms were still feeling Doms from Sunday. Kinda messed with my pulling but overall a good session but yea dude..
    I hate heatwaves bro. But luckily next week is looking more like my type of weather. 60s!! Finally I can function
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Deload week
    Wednesday
    Ohp
    Worked up to 135 x 15

Speed bench
    Worked up to 225 x 3 x 5 sets
    Did some bench with no leg drive with CG
    225 x 5 x 3 sets

Chins
    4 sets of 10
    Rows cables
    4 sets of 15

Deload lower
    Friday
    Squat
    Worked up to 255
    255 x 10
    -back getting better. Felt little tightness in the hole but a lot more mobility then last time

Sumo
    -speed pulls
    225 x 3 x 6 sets
    275 x 2 x 2 sets
    Got some vids of this. Felt more upright but ill let u b the judge of that. Back was decent here .. Started tweaking at 275. So didn't go heavier

Leg press
    4 sets of 15-20
    -slow negatives

-haven't bought me a lacross ball but found one of my dogs ball and it did the trick. Not a squeaky toy but a really hard rubber ball
    -put that **** on my erector muscles and upper iliac muscles n omg! Hurt like hell!! But when I was done.. I felt brand new!! Super tight and tender! Can't believe I never did this befor. Foam Rollin and Smashing everything up with the ball tonight
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

roll those glutes!! I swear! roll it alone your pelvic bone
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

roll those glutes!! I swear! roll it alone your pelvic bone
    I am actually . I'm doing that agile 11 that you sent me
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I am actually . I'm doing that agile 11 that you sent me
    Back problems = Gone

Good lookin deload sesh
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

http://youtu.be/8izrxWgKrjw
    225 x 3

Speed pull sumo.. Any critiques?? Bad angle I know but no room in the gym tonight

http://youtu.be/JWZ13HiR_KQ
    275 x 2
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Much better
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Amazon had lacrosse balls for DIRT cheap bro. Lacrosse balls are the deal, I rarely use my foam roller anymore
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

PM me that agile 11 atan
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    PM me that agile 11 atan
    Sent Brotha
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.
    Answers

Can't keep a good man down! Like those workouts. I use the lacrosse ball as well and it makes a difference! Nice job AT.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Can't keep a good man down! Like those workouts. I use the lacrosse ball as well and it makes a difference! Nice job AT.
    Ha I'm pretty stubborn on staying home w/ an injury.. Ill work around it as much as possible lol but ya it did loosen me up a ton. But I'm feeling the DOMs today tho.. So hopefully I can find some time during work to run this ball along my back n stuff lol. But thanks brother
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

good work man.
    nice to see that your back is getting better!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Les go mayweather lol !
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

That fight was boring! May's fights are always like that, he just does his think and we all just get bored from it. In my house anyway.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nooshefx View Post
    That fight was boring! May's fights are always like that, he just does his think and we all just get bored from it. In my house anyway.
    Hah yea kinda was. I pretty much use boxing as an excuse to drink so by the time the main event comes on I'm too giddy to even care what's going on. Stopped caring bout boxing since i realized how much of a money sport it is. But mayweather did his thing last night. I give him props
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry for lack of updates fellas.. Busy as fawk w/ school/work.. But here's my preworkout meal. Smashed this in 5 min and gna hit the gym in an hour or so.

Name:  image-3779519514.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  572.5 KB

I was starving ! So had to help my self with another scoop of rice .

Update in a bit
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 02:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format