bigger stronger faster with the help of 5/3/1

Page 25 of 131 First ... 2324252627 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Hell yeah! Steady progression FTW. Now look back at Post #1 your log where you said your goal was a 1000lb big 3. You're already there, man.
    Yeah pretty much there! Have came a long way, but it's just the beginning man.

2. Cycle 9 week 4 day C

Warm-up
    Stretching
    Hip mobility
    Ankle work

Deads
    Warm ups - 135x5 185x5 225x5 275x5
    Work sets - 315x3x3 225x2x5

SSB good mornings
    135x3x8

Machine back Ext
    5x15

Super set with
    Roman chair
    5x15

Done

Notes
    Felt pretty good today. Good tightness on deads, could really tell when I dropped from 315 to 225 and the bar was moving before I expected it too lol. Knee feels okay, taking tomorrow off then gonna start cycle 10 with bench Friday I'm guessing. Then taking the weekend off for a little trip.
    •   

3. Cycle 10 week 1 day B

warm ups
    lax ball
    foam roll
    stretching
    banded shoulder mobility

bench press
    warm-ups - barx10 95x6 135x2x5
    work sets - 185x5 195x5 205x7,5 185x5

incline bench
    135x2x8 155x6

super set with
    low rows
    160x3x12

incline flies
    35x3x10

super set with
    DB rows
    85x3x8

notes
    My knee feels horrible today.. Couldn't even get leg drive which cut my sets short. When I tried driving the heels hard towards the ground my knee would start shaking and that didn't feel right.. Might just abandon anything that requires leg drive/knee flexion for a while. Maybe just focus on body weight movements for the week, and see where I am next friday.. I dont know if i should try to stretch it out, mash it, or just rest/ice it. Pretty sure its tendionitis, but it isn't easing up at all just getting worse over time.

4. Hard to say, you don't want to do too much as to hurt yourself, but you do want to initiate the bodies own healing capabilities. If it is real bad try naproxen for a couple days until manageable, them maybe try some compression and light light stuff that gets the muscle contracting. Basically get some blood to the area. Just a thought. I am no authority on this, though.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

5. Nice work capo. Sorry bout the knee. Damn seems like this knee thing is getting contagious. I'm no expert on healing either so can't give you any advice on my end. Hope things get better tho
    •   

6. Thanks guys, yeah just looking for opinions on it. Its not bad unless I'm walking stairs or stuck in a chair for an hour or two. maybe some light leg pressing or something might help it.. just exercising the joint. I've dug through some stuff on youtube, everyone has a different opinion, but doing something seems to be better than doing nothing.

7. Look up TKE buddy. Dunno if it will help, but it's worth a shot.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

8. Where is the pain etc. I would Deload lower body now and use some heat etc as long as you don't have bad swelling. Get a knee sleeve or wrap it for some compression. Drink some extra water, sleep more and take some ibuprofen.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

9. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Where is the pain etc. I would Deload lower body now and use some heat etc as long as you don't have bad swelling. Get a knee sleeve or wrap it for some compression. Drink some extra water, sleep more and take some ibuprofen.
    It's lower usually outside of the knee.. Last night the lower knee was really tender. There is some noise in there to when I extend my leg. But will do sir. Sleep this last week was an issue, that will improve though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by capo180 View Post

It's lower usually outside of the knee.. Last night the lower knee was really tender. There is some noise in there to when I extend my leg. But will do sir. Sleep this last week was an issue, that will improve though.
    Exactly what I have now. Without seeing yours it's hard to say though. What movements cause the pain?
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

11. I hope u get It figured out soon man sucks to be injured and very frustrating

12. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post

Exactly what I have now. Without seeing yours it's hard to say though. What movements cause the pain?
    Right now just stAirs hurt man. If I sit for too long it hurts. It felt okay during deads and good mornings last week. It bugged me a bit during squats but after warm ups I don't really feel it.

13. Not sure if it's related, but when my TFL is tight, my knees hurt.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

14. TFL and glute max insert on later tibial head so you would have pain on the most anterior bump I outer knee (not where the pat tendon goes, lateral to that) most likely . Is there a specific spot that hurt? Which part of the stairs, stepping up or pushing off with the knee flexed?

15. Stairs hurt while pushing off.. It feels okay now that I'm not stressing it at all. Today I went to the gym just did some leg press like quarter reps to get some movement in the joint, that felt okay. Also did some TKE, felt pretty good. Dropped into a few body weight squats, still doesn't feel 100% yet. But better than last week. From there I just did some body weight upper body movements dips, pull-ups, push ups, and a little ab wheel (hate that stupid thing). First time doing dips in about a year kinda surprised that I could knock out sets of 12 easily.

Just gonna work on the knee for the night. I just want to squat haha

16. Today was a rest day. Well kinda. Had to do brakes on my girlfriends car.. swear they keep coming up with new sh!t that you have to buy to get these things off. Also first place couldnt give me the right rotors so had to go somewhere else.. all in all a 1-2 hour job took like 4 hours, and 3 trips to the parts store.

despite that. knee feels okay today. tomorrow I'm going to do something much like yesterday, maybe throw in some hamstring/lower back work in. Just gonna try to keep the joint moving, depending on how tomorrow goes might try light squats friday.

17. warm-up
    banded shoulder work
    basic stretching
    foam rolling
    tack and floss knee

over head press
    warm-up - barx2x10 95x6 115x6
    work sets - 135x6 155x5 175x1 (not 5/3/1 numbers)
    bradford press - 95x2x8

1/4 rep leg press
    1 ppsX3x25

TKE light band
    3x25

paused chins (2s hang)
    3x8

good mornings
    135x8,8,10

back ext
    3x20

bw squats - 1x5

notes
    felt pretty good this morning. no real pain/discomfort in the knee. warm-ups felt good. keep some weight on the bar for OHP today, kinda to test tightness/stability, all was good there. knee never really felt like it was getting hot/painful throughout pressing or TKE. felt a little pinch on the lower inside portion of the knee while driving out of the hole on bw squats.. probably gonna order some knee sleeves next time i get paid. I heard SBD sleeves are pretty good. Any opinions on those or any other brands?

18. SBD are purported to be the best. I've tried them on, but never squatted in them. I think you can get an excellent pair of knee wraps for cheaper, but if you want sleeves, SBD are excellent. Especially in terms of carryover.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

19. Thanks herder! I'm not looking for wraps, well at least not at the moment. Just want something that I can wear while squating to help keep the knee warm and give me a little bit of support.

20. Today just went out to the driving range and sprayed golf balls all over the place hahha.. it wasn't bad for my first swings of the year though. actually got some good straight line drives off my driver for once, usually everything slices right or i just get nothing on it. just doing some mobility stuff now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaeAv...NUy7bahGJzLQbT

main work for the night. along with some ankle work. gonna warm up the knee real good tomorrow, and hit some deads. and maybe light squats.

21. U should be able to drive that bastard 300 yard with all that power u got now lol

22. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    U should be able to drive that bastard 300 yard with all that power u got now lol
    One day man lol. I was hitting the far flag on the range, I'm guessing around ~250 yards or so. I'll take it. one of the guys that sells materials to my company has like a 340-350 yard drive, people say he's won a lot of long drive comps. the dudes built like a tank.

23. Warm-up
    Hip mobility
    General stretching
    TKE - 4x25

Deads
    Warm-ups - 135x5 185x5 225x5 275x5 315x5
    Work sets - 365x1 385x1 405x1 (PR)

http://youtu.be/oTr_MtZnTDc (all singles)

Low bar, wide stance squats
    135x4x5

DB swings
    55x10,12

Super set with
    Decline sit ups

Notes
    Felt real good this morning. Didn't really have a plan for deads. So I figured I'd hit a PR! Haha. 20 lb PR, no belt or chalk here. Taking in some extra air right before getting tight helps me a bit. Knee felt good during squats. Focused on getting the knees way out and trying to keep a vertical shin, tried to video the last set but it cut half way through cause my memory was full.

24. Congrats on 4 plates buddy! Awesome stepping stone.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Congrats on 4 plates buddy! Awesome stepping stone.

Big breakthrough there! Awesome work and congrats!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 07:49 PM
  2. Panther's blowin up with the help of pSARM(SPONSORED)
    By panther77 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 12:49 AM
  3. Replies: 261
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 11:14 PM
  4. Time to get back in track -- With the help of Havoc.
    By Zombie in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 09:13 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 06:03 AM