My journey to 10% BF and beyond :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Hey guys it's been a while since i have posted here, things have been going good just looking to keep another journal of my progress. I like to jot down my thoughts on everything and on paper it get's a little too messy LOL. I have different goals then most right now i take a body-weight style approach to my training with virtually no isolation exercises. Pretty much i am trying to improve my overall strength! My current diet is approx. 3,000 cals +/- 100 cals, 100g Fat, 250g Carbs, 250g Protein. I get lots of fiber around 80-100g as well for digestive health. Weight is currently at 213-215lbs, Fluctuates due to water intake.

This is the set-up i have come up with from trail and error over the past 2 months in where i used a basic program to get this where it is.
Day 1: Over-All Strength Focus : Around 5 sets per exercise, sub failure to maintain high workout performance.
Tuck Lever Rows: Hardest variation 3-5 slow reps
Tuck "Ups" (Dead hang to tuck lever position, same motion as a pull over only with Bodyweight, very challenging!) 3 reps
Push-Ups with hands towards hips: 5-10 reps, Goal here is Psuedo Planche Pushups.
Hollow Body Wide Neutral Grip Pull-ups: Weighted, 3-5 reps
Stretching

Day 2: Front Lever focus Static Holds for Connective tissue strength/overall strength and Deadlifts
Trap Bar Deadlift: Sub max sets focus on technique and speed, as many sets as i can do until speed slows down.
Snatch Grip Rack Pull: 3-5 reps, These are absolutely amazing!
Front Lever Static Hold Straddle/Half Lay position: 10s/set 60s total hold time
Planche Lean: 10s/set 60s total hold time
Stretching

Day 3: Incorporating more Volume from Day 1
Same as Day 1 with more reps or sets.

Day 4: Planche Focus Static Holds for Connective tissue strength and deadlifts
Very similar to Day 2 heavier or lighter based upon how i feel.

Day 5: Max Rep approach no extra weight
Max Rep Tuck Lever Row
Max Rep Tuck "Ups"
Max Rep Dips
Max Rep Push-Ups
Max Rep Pull-Ups

2 days OFF then Repeat, I don't take any sets to failure except for day 5 which gives me a sick pump and a nice opportunity to stimulate some Hypertrophy from all the strength oriented days. So far i have tripled my pull-ups in about 3 weeks and tripled my Tuck lever pull-ups. Noticeable muscular gains as well. Legs get stimulated from trap bar deads, i drive with my legs out of the hole and destroy my back with the top. I have never seen as much progress as i have with this set up. I'm not even training for muscle growth but it comes!

I do vary my grips to make the exercises more difficult, i always stay in the 3-5 rep range with perfect execution.

My goal is to drastically improve my strength while dieting. Where there's a will, there is a way.

Just started S4 about 3 days ago at 50mg/day in 2 doses. Muscles feel very dense and hard almost like a small pump throughout the day. I also allow 1 cheat meal per week but every other day is 100% consistent as it is the only way to gauge how things are working!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
So today was "Day 2" workout and for the first time ever i hit 2x BW Trap Bar DL 430Lbs x 1 while DIETING!! This is a huge accomplishment for me since i am actually weaker with trap bar then straight bar due to the fact i have to sit lower into it (doesn't have the raised handles) woot!
I'm ecstatic right now my weight after eating was 211.2Lbs, I was gonna change my macro's slightly but now i am keeping them where they are since that was 2lbs from last week. I'm also adding in 10 min of stair stepper cardio moderate intensity just for ****s and giggles.

My planche is definitely improving i am soooo close to tuck on handles!! Energy is meh but i'll be good :)

Also, considering i am getting EXCELLENT results with higher frequency, i am going to "Grease the groove" with 235 on trap bar deadlift meaning i will do it other sessions for 2-5 reps focus on speed. Just pretty much practicing!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Started greasing the groove with trap bar deadlift 255lbs x 5 sets about 5 reps fast with a shrug at top of each rep.

Getting the most common effect of s4 which is difficulty adjusting to darkness sight wise. It's really weird but not too much of a deal to me yet. At least i know the stuff is legit!

Weight today was 213, very typical i notice my body weight is lowest on monday and it fluctuates through the week. I also hit weighted tuck front lever rows +20lbs for sets of 3 reps. Tried Pseudo planche pushups and i THINK i have them for about 3 reps. Did about 100 or so reps of different position push ups too.

Overall awesome workout started recording my starting stat's

8/13/13 & 213Lbs

Waist: 35.75"
Chest/Back: 45.5"
Arms: 17"
Forearms: 12.5"
Legs: 25.5"
Calves: 16.75"
Shoulders: 50"
Neck: 17"

Very happy with my size currently just want to cut my waist down, my lats attach very low on my back so there's a possibility the measurement will be increased. I will get some pic's up tomorrow morning as well.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Started greasing the groove with trap bar deadlift 255lbs x 5 sets about 5 reps fast with a shrug at top of each rep.

Getting the most common effect of s4 which is difficulty adjusting to darkness sight wise. It's really weird but not too much of a deal to me yet. At least i know the stuff is legit!

Weight today was 213, very typical i notice my body weight is lowest on monday and it fluctuates through the week. I also hit weighted tuck front lever rows +20lbs for sets of 3 reps. Tried Pseudo planche pushups and i THINK i have them for about 3 reps. Did about 100 or so reps of different position push ups too.

Overall awesome workout started recording my starting stat's

8/13/13 & 213Lbs

Waist: 35.75"
Chest/Back: 45.5"
Arms: 17"
Forearms: 12.5"
Legs: 25.5"
Calves: 16.75"
Shoulders: 50"
Neck: 17"

Very happy with my size currently just want to cut my waist down, my lats attach very low on my back so there's a possibility the measurement will be increased. I will get some pic's up tomorrow morning as well.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
8/14/11 211Lbs (First time my weight is not fluctuating)

Felt really good today i needed a thorough warm up because my lats/arms were tight. No problem just took my time, went to 355 on trap bar deadlift speed was very very good noticed some hip compression because i did not take long enough rest between sets. From now on when i do not feel like going heavy i am going to focus on Deficit trap bar deads for floor strength. My snatch grip rack pull is up to 325 x 5 very very strict no bouncing of pins like most jackasses do (no idea why, must be ego) I'm feeling excellent right now, noticing more changes in my body, the leaner i get the better my delts are looking too :)
20 Minutes stair stepper cardio as well.
I'm going to eat instinctively now, if my appetite is high for the day i will break up smaller meals. If it's slower i will increase meal size. Simple as that, seems like some days i just need more you know?

Goal is 200Lbs by 9/20, shouldn't be a problem at all ;)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Just got a bike and i gotta say i am extremely happy with it! It was only $100 so there are some small things that are goofy but i really do not care. I bought a gigantic comfortable seat too. Bike is pretty heavy but no biggie, Was out for an hour and didn't even realize it. Should help me lose some fat easiliy without all the high intensity stress. Just more of a stress reliever for at night and clearing my head.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Killed another day at the gym, strength is still great. No pr's today but got an insane pump! Next week will be my "deload" style week which will consist of a 6-12 rep range. Aiming for some more volume lowered intensity to let my body recover. Also going to work deficit trap bar deads next week and see how they work towards improving my power off the floor. About to go take a nice bike ride and clear my mind for the night. Next 2 days are recovery days then gonna hit the floor sprinting again next week!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Sorry for the delay guys! I just switched up my routine back to basic barbell stuff, i just can't break my love for the basics! Keeping track of my fat thickness with calipers i go by my areas that i tend to hold the most fat. From last week i was 35.75" waist and now down to 34.5" it's not easy but the consistency and extra cardio via bike rides is melting all the fat off pretty quickly!

Hit a 3 rep PR on trap bar deads today of 385, also improved on my glute ham raises up to 3 controlled reps. weight is still 211, s4 is definitely helping me in gaining muscle while on this diet. couldn't be happier with how things are going! 10% here i come!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Been killing it!

New Split

Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Chest/delts/tri's
Day 3: Back/bi's
Repeat and Day 7 is rest

Back/Bi's today went Awesome
Did some heavy triples on trap bar deadlift got up to about 335 and did 2 sets of 3, wasn't feeling em today my legs didn't feel recovered completely.
Did 235 x 8 x 2 sets with a set of shrugs to failure at the end of each set.
4 Plate Strict T-Bar row 5 x 5
Super wide grip pull ups with 20lbs of chain 4-5 reps x 5 sets
Wide grip pull ups with 20-40lbs of chain 3-5 reps x 5 sets
I pull my chest up as high as possible on pull ups, trying to really build my mid back up.

Bodyweight is at 210.8lbs! It's been hard to drop more weight but i am getting leaner, definitely need more calories though i am biking on average 10miles per day on top of 20 min of stair stepper 5x per week. S4 still working great retaining if not building muscle even with all this cardio!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Down to 209Lbs! I changed up my diet and started eating a lot more, definitely increased protein and slightly lowered fats. Might do 2 low carb/no carb days following my cheat meal. It is definitely working :)