napalm: 12 weeks to WPC Worlds...ya, really...

Page 2 of 64 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    You can open your toes, that helps with lockout I hear. I was more thinking screwing your feet into the ground. For example, watch the Olympic lifters to see what I mean. Pause this video at 21 seconds and you'll notice it. Obviously, we're not that mobile, and we're not trying to snatch it, but this can get our hips closer to the bar without getting our butt too low. Just try it. If you don't like it, ditch it.

holy crap dude, that was a violent move from the bottom!

it's the hips closer to the bar thing...based on that vid, what do you think?

these things i need to know...

2. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    holy crap dude, that was a violent move from the bottom!

it's the hips closer to the bar thing...based on that vid, what do you think?

these things i need to know...
    What I usually do is pause my videos as the bar breaks the floor, and I compare it to the guys in this article by Bret Contreras:

http://bretcontreras.com/the-keys-to...ger-deadlifts/

After I did that with yours, it seems you broke the floor with textbook form. Then the weight pulled you forward. I like to begin to sit to seesaw the slack out of the bar, and keep sitting to finish the lift. I see a lot of people sit and then rise. I think sitting is the beginning of the movement. It's hard to explain, really. I pulled my best when I told myself to forget proper form and coaching cues and just rip the bar off of the ground. I'm going through my most recent deadlifts and my deadlifts in late March, and my hips are much closer to the bar throughout the lift. So when I said fukk form, my form improved. I really hate my deadlift.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   

3. Got some side jobs to help w fundraising today, ill check that out later. Txs bro...

4. Just found the new log. Watching to see the progress.

5. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Got some side jobs to help w fundraising today, ill check that out later. Txs bro...
    Car wash? Prostitution? Drug mule?
    Training log:
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Car wash? Prostitution? Drug mule?
    That's all in the day of the life of Napalm.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

7. All I'll say is it involves a hammer and a knife..

8. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    All I'll say is it involves a hammer and a knife..
    I like where this is headed!
    Training log:

9. Name:  image-3965366982.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  579.5 KB

Dinner
  10. Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]

11. Work on your arch on your bench. You look almost completely flat on the bench in your thoracic and no leg drive.

Pulls look solid, though.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Work on your arch on your bench. You look almost completely flat on the bench in your thoracic and no leg drive.

Pulls look solid, though.
    Nice feedback, actually that is my arch! Some mobility work is needed. Leg drive is something I'm trying to re-learn, it's been, s.hit 6 months since I've really trained bench.

Not taking baby weight into account, are my hips where you'd like to see them on the pulls?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Wow, just wow...

14. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Wow, just wow...
    Hell yeah, dude! Everybody did well. Especially Hawthorne, Lilly, and Byrd.
    Training log:

15. Watching those dudes rip >800 was amazing. The different techniques fascinate me.

On another note, cleaned out the freezer today, below is what's going into a pot here shortly

Name:  image-994480626.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  442.4 KB

Pork chops, chicken thighs, pot roast, Italian sausage, corned beef, regular sausage links, potatoes, bell pepper and cabbage.

I win...

16. Entry fee and paperwork sent.

It's on...

17. 8/12 week 2 65/75/85% x 5

warmup
    some rolling and some stretching
    hip swings
    bar x 2 x 5
    95x2x5
    135x2x5
    185x5
    225x5

work
    230x5
    265x5
    300x5: hi, my name is napalm and i couldn't find depth if i tripped over it

a couple of them are iffy at best.

assistance:
    200x5x5

thoughts:
    not my best effort, i think depth is now occupying my mind. i swear i was telling myself to hit bottom before each rep...and didn't. the fcking weight feels light enough, but i'm not getting to the bottom. i may be over thinking this too.

time to step it up, 10 more squat sessions...

18. and as an added bonus, my 13 yr old squatting the bar. maybe i can get some pointers...

19. Hmm can't view your vid on mobile, I'll look later. Mini-Napalm (thank god she doesn't like you! jk) video works tho and her form looked pretty damn good for a 13yo chick squatting with her pops. Maybe get the bar a tad lower on her back so her chest will be less likely to fall forwards? Props to you and her for not being the typical teenage girl.
    [email protected]

20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Hmm can't view your vid on mobile, I'll look later. Mini-Napalm (thank god she doesn't like you! jk) video works tho and her form looked pretty damn good for a 13yo chick squatting with her pops. Maybe get the bar a tad lower on her back so her chest will be less likely to fall forwards? Props to you and her for not being the typical teenage girl.
    yeah, you can hear me in the vid telling her to keep her chest up to try to keep her from falling forward. the kid's an athlete, high school coaches are starting to watch her play volleyball.

nobody on this forum could return her serve...

21. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

yeah, you can hear me in the vid telling her to keep her chest up to try to keep her from falling forward. the kid's an athlete, high school coaches are starting to watch her play volleyball.

nobody on this forum could return her serve...
    Volume was off...tryin to make minime sleep early so I can get some

We have a sand volley ball pit right next to our helo pad....I'm pretty damn good...

jk I suck ass
    [email protected]

22. Is something keeping you from depth there? You've got plenty of strength for it. The depth you did reach was pretty consistent. I was just wondering if it was your brain missing depth or your body. Ten squat sessions is plenty of time. I think I pretty consistently miss depth at least once a month, every end-of-set rep or the one before, and on and on. Lately I've just told myself to bottom out to leave no doubt, but even that doesn't work sometimes.

You'll get it. Your depth was spot on at nationals.

Also, you can tell your daughter is an athlete. Non-athletes don't have that kind of movement quality and kinesthetic awareness. Hell, there are plenty of athletes that don't have that kind of movement quality! Looked like she was tucking a little and you caught the falling chest, but other than that, her squats were dynamite.
    Training log:

23. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Is something keeping you from depth there? You've got plenty of strength for it. The depth you did reach was pretty consistent. I was just wondering if it was your brain missing depth or your body. Ten squat sessions is plenty of time. I think I pretty consistently miss depth at least once a month, every end-of-set rep or the one before, and on and on. Lately I've just told myself to bottom out to leave no doubt, but even that doesn't work sometimes.

You'll get it. Your depth was spot on at nationals.

Also, you can tell your daughter is an athlete. Non-athletes don't have that kind of movement quality and kinesthetic awareness. Hell, there are plenty of athletes that don't have that kind of movement quality! Looked like she was tucking a little and you caught the falling chest, but other than that, her squats were dynamite.
    Physically no, nothing is preventing me from getting depth. I think this time it's between my ears. This is starting to piss me off.

I'll vid my daughter in a month or so to see how she's coming along. She came to me last week and said she wants to get stronger. after 4 yrs of AAU volleyball, I think she realizes now that since she got her daddy's lack of height, she's going to have to work harder than everybody else. That or maybe she's listening to me - I've been telling her that for a couple yrs now...

24. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

Physically no, nothing is preventing me from getting depth. I think this time it's between my ears. This is starting to piss me off.

I'll vid my daughter in a month or so to see how she's coming along. She came to me last week and said she wants to get stronger. after 4 yrs of AAU volleyball, I think she realizes now that since she got her daddy's lack of height, she's going to have to work harder than everybody else. That or maybe she's listening to me - I've been telling her that for a couple yrs now...
    I don't know about how wide/narrow your stance is, but I get a lot from stretch reflex and my knee wraps when I bottom out. I'm definitely a narrow stance guy though, and I often lose depth if I don't drop it all the way down.

I give your daughter props, I attribute all of my athletic success (modest successes) to discovering the iron at a young age.
    Training log:

25. 8/15 weak ass flat bench
    warmup
    internal/external rotations 50 total
    bar x 2 x 10
    95x2x5
    115x2x5
    135x5

work:
    205x5x3, here's the last set:

comments are welcome

assistance:
    face pulls 5x12 w 75

thoughts:
    made a 10 lb jump from last week. actually my first set was the worst, was able to tighten everything up and figure it out after that. the work sets felt light, but no 10 lb jump next week. my joint help will be here tomorrow thank god, i'm never running out of that stuff again. np should have a standing order button: continue monthly until i die kind of thing. right labrum has been bothering me lately. the left infra, left supra and left labral repair from 2011 is holding up well. prolly get it fixed after worlds...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
  2. 12 week test-e cycle....cut deca back to 10?
    By waynaferd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 08:59 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 10:39 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
  5. 12 weeks to long?
    By spoofy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 03:50 AM