napalm: 12 weeks to WPC Worlds...ya, really...

Page 2 of 40 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Entry fee and paperwork sent.

It's on...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

8/12 week 2 65/75/85% x 5

warmup
    some rolling and some stretching
    hip swings
    bar x 2 x 5
    95x2x5
    135x2x5
    185x5
    225x5

work
    230x5
    265x5
    300x5: hi, my name is napalm and i couldn't find depth if i tripped over it

a couple of them are iffy at best.

assistance:
    200x5x5

thoughts:
    not my best effort, i think depth is now occupying my mind. i swear i was telling myself to hit bottom before each rep...and didn't. the fcking weight feels light enough, but i'm not getting to the bottom. i may be over thinking this too.

time to step it up, 10 more squat sessions...
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

and as an added bonus, my 13 yr old squatting the bar. maybe i can get some pointers...

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Hmm can't view your vid on mobile, I'll look later. Mini-Napalm (thank god she doesn't like you! jk) video works tho and her form looked pretty damn good for a 13yo chick squatting with her pops. Maybe get the bar a tad lower on her back so her chest will be less likely to fall forwards? Props to you and her for not being the typical teenage girl.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Hmm can't view your vid on mobile, I'll look later. Mini-Napalm (thank god she doesn't like you! jk) video works tho and her form looked pretty damn good for a 13yo chick squatting with her pops. Maybe get the bar a tad lower on her back so her chest will be less likely to fall forwards? Props to you and her for not being the typical teenage girl.
    yeah, you can hear me in the vid telling her to keep her chest up to try to keep her from falling forward. the kid's an athlete, high school coaches are starting to watch her play volleyball.

nobody on this forum could return her serve...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

yeah, you can hear me in the vid telling her to keep her chest up to try to keep her from falling forward. the kid's an athlete, high school coaches are starting to watch her play volleyball.

nobody on this forum could return her serve...
    Volume was off...tryin to make minime sleep early so I can get some

We have a sand volley ball pit right next to our helo pad....I'm pretty damn good...

jk I suck ass
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Is something keeping you from depth there? You've got plenty of strength for it. The depth you did reach was pretty consistent. I was just wondering if it was your brain missing depth or your body. Ten squat sessions is plenty of time. I think I pretty consistently miss depth at least once a month, every end-of-set rep or the one before, and on and on. Lately I've just told myself to bottom out to leave no doubt, but even that doesn't work sometimes.

You'll get it. Your depth was spot on at nationals.

Also, you can tell your daughter is an athlete. Non-athletes don't have that kind of movement quality and kinesthetic awareness. Hell, there are plenty of athletes that don't have that kind of movement quality! Looked like she was tucking a little and you caught the falling chest, but other than that, her squats were dynamite.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Is something keeping you from depth there? You've got plenty of strength for it. The depth you did reach was pretty consistent. I was just wondering if it was your brain missing depth or your body. Ten squat sessions is plenty of time. I think I pretty consistently miss depth at least once a month, every end-of-set rep or the one before, and on and on. Lately I've just told myself to bottom out to leave no doubt, but even that doesn't work sometimes.

You'll get it. Your depth was spot on at nationals.

Also, you can tell your daughter is an athlete. Non-athletes don't have that kind of movement quality and kinesthetic awareness. Hell, there are plenty of athletes that don't have that kind of movement quality! Looked like she was tucking a little and you caught the falling chest, but other than that, her squats were dynamite.
    Physically no, nothing is preventing me from getting depth. I think this time it's between my ears. This is starting to piss me off.

I'll vid my daughter in a month or so to see how she's coming along. She came to me last week and said she wants to get stronger. after 4 yrs of AAU volleyball, I think she realizes now that since she got her daddy's lack of height, she's going to have to work harder than everybody else. That or maybe she's listening to me - I've been telling her that for a couple yrs now...
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Physically no, nothing is preventing me from getting depth. I think this time it's between my ears. This is starting to piss me off.

I'll vid my daughter in a month or so to see how she's coming along. She came to me last week and said she wants to get stronger. after 4 yrs of AAU volleyball, I think she realizes now that since she got her daddy's lack of height, she's going to have to work harder than everybody else. That or maybe she's listening to me - I've been telling her that for a couple yrs now...
    I don't know about how wide/narrow your stance is, but I get a lot from stretch reflex and my knee wraps when I bottom out. I'm definitely a narrow stance guy though, and I often lose depth if I don't drop it all the way down.

I give your daughter props, I attribute all of my athletic success (modest successes) to discovering the iron at a young age.
    Training log:
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

8/15 weak ass flat bench
    warmup
    internal/external rotations 50 total
    bar x 2 x 10
    95x2x5
    115x2x5
    135x5

work:
    205x5x3, here's the last set:

comments are welcome

assistance:
    face pulls 5x12 w 75

thoughts:
    made a 10 lb jump from last week. actually my first set was the worst, was able to tighten everything up and figure it out after that. the work sets felt light, but no 10 lb jump next week. my joint help will be here tomorrow thank god, i'm never running out of that stuff again. np should have a standing order button: continue monthly until i die kind of thing. right labrum has been bothering me lately. the left infra, left supra and left labral repair from 2011 is holding up well. prolly get it fixed after worlds...
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

That angle shows that you do get up on your traps and you do use leg drive. Not tight legs the whole way through, more using them to squat the weight off the chest. That was a much better display of your technical proficiency. Just curious, is that how you were doing it last week and we couldn't see it from the other angle? They looked good, the only thing I'd say is try to stack your wrists just a little bit more.
    Training log:
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    That angle shows that you do get up on your traps and you do use leg drive. Not tight legs the whole way through, more using them to squat the weight off the chest. That was a much better display of your technical proficiency. Just curious, is that how you were doing it last week and we couldn't see it from the other angle? They looked good, the only thing I'd say is try to stack your wrists just a little bit more.
    Thanks herder. Yup, pretty much the same setup as last week. I'm not used to filming bench so I gotta learn the correct angle for my phone. Wrists are something I'm trying to figure out. When you say stack do you mean less bend at the wrist and keep them straight? And there is an arch under there, you can see my rib age sticking up! Not much of one, but there is one there!

Since my 2011 surgery I've only trained bench for a total of 4-5 months. I pretty much have given up on it and was just using the HS machine when I did. After that repair, I had like 7 months to heal before the first meet I did. I think I benched for a month before that meet and benched a weak ass 205. That was pretty much to prove to myself that I could still do it. So I think I'll have put ~40-50 lbs on my bench without benching by the time worlds are over. Just goes to show you that squats and DL's get the whole body strong...
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Thanks herder. Yup, pretty much the same setup as last week. I'm not used to filming bench so I gotta learn the correct angle for my phone. Wrists are something I'm trying to figure out. When you say stack do you mean less bend at the wrist and keep them straight? And there is an arch under there, you can see my rib age sticking up! Not much of one, but there is one there!

Since my 2011 surgery I've only trained bench for a total of 4-5 months. I pretty much have given up on it and was just using the HS machine when I did. After that repair, I had like 7 months to heal before the first meet I did. I think I benched for a month before that meet and benched a weak ass 205. That was pretty much to prove to myself that I could still do it. So I think I'll have put ~40-50 lbs on my bench without benching by the time worlds are over. Just goes to show you that squats and DL's get the whole body strong...
    Yeah, just make sure your wrists are really straight and your knuckles are over your wrists are over your elbows. That way you're not leaking any force and you're protecting your wrist.
    Training log:
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

8/16 deadlift

warmup:
    agile8
    static stretching and some rolling

warmup
    bar x about 5 minutes stretching
    135x2x5
    185x2x5
    235x5
    285x3

work
    320x5x3, here's the last:

assistance
    pendlays
    185x5x3

thoughts
    the triples felt like butter, every set. i still am not getting my shoulders where i want them. need to be a little more behind the bar. i think the set up was ok, did the same thing each time. i'm happy where its at right now. i could have easily did 6 there and by wendler's formula, that's 383 and puts me on schedule at least for 410, prolly 425 with contest effort. any feedback is welcome...
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Shoulders looked almost straight on. Don't know if it was the slight angel. You usually are exactly straight(close to slightly behind) the bar. Still looks good man. Reps 1 and 3 look the same.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Shoulders looked almost straight on. Don't know if it was the slight angel. You usually are exactly straight(close to slightly behind) the bar. Still looks good man. Reps 1 and 3 look the same.
    txs rob, the thing i'm having trouble with is adjusting from straps to no straps. with straps, my shoulders are a lot more behind the bar. i'm still operating w a torn brachialis, so i've had to be careful w no straps. the torn brachialis is on my supinated side, so its always going to be an issue. brachialis isn't a prime mover in the DL or bench, but i feel it in both...
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

txs rob, the thing i'm having trouble with is adjusting from straps to no straps. with straps, my shoulders are a lot more behind the bar. i'm still operating w a torn brachialis, so i've had to be careful w no straps. the torn brachialis is on my supinated side, so its always going to be an issue. brachialis isn't a prime mover in the DL or bench, but i feel it in both...
    I can definitely see how it affects both, and can see how the further you lean back with that being the supinated arm you feeling it more. Just don't be a dick like me and drift the bar and hurt yourself
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

I can definitely see how it affects both, and can see how the further you lean back with that being the supinated arm you feeling it more. Just don't be a dick like me and drift the bar and hurt yourself
    i hope there will be no drifting, if that happens, something went wrong before then.

the weights are still light though...
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

if that happens, something went wrong before then.
    Good point. I believe you are correct sir. When I get bak out I'm taking your "everything must feel right" approach. Looking back it went bad from the jump.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Found ya!!!!
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Good job on the pulls man. I still can't believe you're going to the Czech Republic to compete at worlds. Crazy/awesomeness.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Good job on the pulls man. I still can't believe you're going to the Czech Republic to compete at worlds. Crazy/awesomeness.
    Thanks man, yeah it's gonna be a trip. Rodja's buddy Alex is going too, so at least I'll know somebody. Still got a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it...
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Name:  image-2303572107.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  392.7 KB

A day for celebration...
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Found ya!!!!
    Now we have a party...
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

I'm speechless, my niece put together a fundraising thing where she works. Apparently we have to cook a bunch if Filipino food and the people she works with will pay $20 a plate. She said there's like 40-50 dudes that will contribute. She also said there's a bunch of meatheads there.

<---humbled.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

I'm speechless, my niece put together a fundraising thing where she works. Apparently we have to cook a bunch if Filipino food and the people she works with will pay $20 a plate. She said there's like 40-50 dudes that will contribute. She also said there's a bunch of meatheads there.

<---humbled.
    Looks like the fam understands the importance to you. Lots of love for Napalm. That is awesome man.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

<---humbled.
    Oooh, I want some lumpia!!!!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Oooh, I want some lumpia!!!!
    Whats the Hmong equivalent called?
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Looks like the fam understands the importance to you. Lots of love for Napalm. That is awesome man.
    Yeah dude, I don't even know what to say. I'll see her later today...
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Whats the Hmong equivalent called?
    Just egg rolls lol. I don't know how to make them so I always have to ask my mom. :/
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Just egg rolls lol. I don't know how to make them so I always have to ask my mom. :/
    Can't make egg rolls or rice....Worst. Asian. EVER.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Can't make egg rolls or rice....Worst. Asian. EVER.
    I'm a PLer not a cook!
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I'm a PLer not a cook!
    We all know. Good thing she's pretty...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

We all know. Good thing she's pretty...
    I'm cooking today tho!
  35. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I'm cooking today tho!
    Have you re-upped on your fire insurance?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Have you re-upped on your fire insurance?
    Sooooo mean!!!!!!
  37. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Sooooo mean!!!!!!
    Is that a yes...?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Is that a yes...?
    Lol.. Good thing you're stunningly attractive!
  39. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Lol.. Good thing you're stunningly attractive!
    And I can cook!!
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Lol, vids of you cooking or it never happened...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 03:14 PM
  2. 12 week test-e cycle....cut deca back to 10?
    By waynaferd in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 07:59 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
  5. 12 weeks to long?
    By spoofy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 02:50 AM