Flat Bench
    135x12 (paused), 225x10, 275x8, 315x3
    Overhand Bent-over Row
    135x12, 225x10, 275x8, 315x3
    Cable Crossovers
    67.5x5 drop 35x10
    Rope High Pulley Pullovers
    67.5x5 drop 35x8

Workout was about 20 minutes long. Felt good to shock the CNS with some heavier weights. Hopefully it won't be too long and I'll be back up to 8-10 reps with 315 like I was over a month ago. I'd really like to put up 405 before the end of the year. If I can stay healthy, I think it's a realistic goal. I had put up 385 before I got sick. It's fun being able to bench what used to be my max squats. I wanted to do a reduced weight burnout set on the first two exercises, but I took too long of a breather before the final sets and had to cut my losses and move on. Definitely need to work on grip strength as well. Did 135 and 225 fine with a hook-grip, but my grip was tired after that. I had to run out and get my straps for the last couple sets of rows. I'm gonna keep up with that though. Tomorrow will be shoulders and arms again!

My weight is down to 220 from 225. I think that's just from training again. My appetite is coming back though as well. So, I should start making that number climb once again. It was tough getting last night's supper down. It's weird, but the time change finally caught up to me. With our normal schedule, my wife and I usually don't get supper until 7:30-8:00PM. Last night was the latter and as I continued to eat and the time got closer to 8:30 I felt like I could take a nap on my plate. Then I realized that just a few days ago that would have been 9:30. I'm feeling a little tired today as well. Probably more the CNS shock than anything else though. That will definitely do it to you! Here's this morning's pics.

2. 11/12 - Legs

Leg Press (#plates_total)
    2x10,6x10,10x10,14x10,9x8
    Calf Presses (#plates_total)
    2x10,6x10,10x10,14x8,9x3
    Good Mornings
    45x10,65x10,85x10,105x10,125x9

Boy! I love this combo!!! I can see why power lifters prefer good mornings as an accessory exercise too. I was squeezing my hams and glutes like they were gonna fall off. This exercise will definitely help my squat! This was my first time doing them in at least a decade and now I'm kicking myself for neglecting them. Won't happen any longer! I'm figuring out some great combinations to rotate for my workouts. For example, legs:

WO1 - Front Squats, Glute Ham Raises, Standing Calf Raises
    WO2 - Leg Press, Good Mornings, Calf Presses
    WO3 - Back Squats, Lying Leg Curls, Seated Calf Raises

Anyways, today's workout was great. Took me about 20 minutes and I had a great pump. I really liked the way the good morning's felt. Great stretch in my hams and glutes. I look forward to seeing what happens as I stay more consistent with them. My calves have definitely lost strength over the last couple months, but that is what happens when you neglect them. No more. Tomorrow is chest and back.

As for the supps:

**** XFORCE - great combo! Loving the strength gains and even though it contains LMG I haven't experienced much in terms of water bloat at all. No estro sides either.

IML EpiAndro - love this product. I'm running it for four weeks at 200mg. Should give me some great lean gains. It's also great for strength. Took my first doses yesterday.

PERFORMAX FITMAX - A little late to the game getting this log started. I used it a couple times last week and again this morning. My initial reaction is that it tasted great. I've been following the other logs and so I started with two scoops. After having used it for a while, I think it's a good dosage for me. This isn't a knock you in your butt stim supp. But in my opinion that's not a bad thing. I don't like feeling super hopped up going into my workout. I don't need it and actually find it distracting. I get into my happy place without it. So, I'm finding this to be a great preworkout so far and definitely recommend it so far.

As has been the trend lately, here's today's pics.
    •   

3. Been WAY too long since I've updated my logs!

Training Style:
    - GVP
    Current Split:
    - Chest & Bis
    - Hams, Calves, & Back Thickness
    - Chest, Back Width, & Tris
    - Quads, Calves, Rear Delts
    Today's Workout:
    - Incline Bench - 135x8x10,7
    - Preacher Curls - 65x2x10, 55x6x10,7
    - Machine Flyes - 160x10,6, 100x10
    Progress Pics:

4. Today's Workout:
    Back Thickness, Hamstrings, Calves
    - Standing Calf Raises (plate weight) - 90x10, 180x6x10
    - Lying Leg Curls - 85x7x10
    - Hammer Strength Mid-Row (standing, plate weight) - 90x10, 160x10, 140x5x10

Today was a bit different. Long story short, I hurt my ass. It doesn't hurt to squat, but it hurts to sit or bend at the waist. I'm normally going to be super setting good mornings or Romanian deads with some kind of calf raise. But today ended up having to be a Tri-set because of the injury. As such, I didn't have enough time to complete all the sets. But my muscles were pretty well fatigued by the end anyways.

Aftermath pics:

5. Today's Workout:
    Assisted Dips
    - -70x6x10, -100x3x10,8
    Assisted Wide Grip Pullups
    - -70x4x10,6, -100x2x10,6,5,4

Great workout. Killer pump! Butt is feeling MUCH better. No pain meds needed today!

Here's pics of the aftermath:

•   

6. Lookin large! Glad to hear your injury is feeling better bub
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

7. More nudes

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Lookin large! Glad to hear your injury is feeling better bub
    Thanks bud! It's getting there. Made it through half the day without any pain meds. It's tough sitting on my ass when it's so sore. The main problem is that sitting made the fluid start migrating initially. It's staying put now, but it hurt SO bad at first!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by spinyvegeta View Post
    More nudes
    I've been feeling fluffy lately.

10. Trying out a new product: IronMagLabs SDMZ 3.0!!! Bring on the lean swole!

12/31 - Training Log
    Chest, Side Delts, Bis
    Incline Bench
    95x10, 135x10, 185x10, 225x5
    Cable Crossover
    30x3x10, 8
    Low Pulley Rope Y-Pull
    30x3x10, 8
    Standing Cambered Curls (Narrow)
    45x10, 75x10, 95x6, 75x8, 45x10

Notes: Felt good pushing heavier weights again. It also felt good getting in some isolation work too. Warmups were easy and my time between sets was very quick. Looking forward to continuing this training scheme.

Here's some starting pics:

11. Well, the diet plan hasn't been done yet. A little busy the last couple days with the New Year holiday. I've basically just cleaned up my diet the last few days. Cooked a big ol' turkey yesterday and have about 4lbs of turkey meat to munch on the next couple of days. That's a pretty cheap source of lean tasty protein! They were on sale at Wal-Mart for $0.50/lb. Cooked finished weight came to about $1.85/lb. Not too shabby at all!

Started 25mcg Clen last night. Had a buddy suggest taking it before bed, and I really like it! Felt a little weird being a little shaky going to bed, but I didn't have any problems falling asleep. His thinking was that with the anti-catabolic properties of clen, it might help deal with the catabolism of not eating for such a long period. We'll see how it goes. As for the SDMZ 3.0, nothing to report yet. I'm taking 2 a day. I'll let you know when it kicks in!

I've missed a lot of lifting this week, but I'm flexible. Today's was only the second workout. But it was very productive. I'm really starting to like the combination of back and hamstrings. It's nice getting to hit the hams with heavy weight while the back is fresh and then finish them both off with some auxiliary exercises. Here's what I did this morning.

1/2/2013 - Back and Hams

Warm-up:
    Leg Press
    2x20 with just the foot plate
    Pulldowns
    50x2x20

Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts
    45x10, 60x10, 80x10, 90x10, 100x10
    Pullups
    BWx10, 8, 6, 5, 1

V-Handle Pulldowns
    140x2x10, 8
    Lying Leg Curls
    105x2x10, 6

12. Lookin yok3d!

So are ya stoned from all the second hand out smoke there in CO now :P
    [email protected]

13. Thanks bud! I'm working on cutting down now. As for the weed, I hope not. Gotta pass my randoms. I work in a safety related DOT regulated position.

14. Progress Pics:

15. TRAINING
    I don't want you all to think that I've forgotten about you or that I'm shirking my responsibilities. Fact of the matter is that last week didn't really wrap up the way I wanted it to and Thursday ended up being my last workout of the week. I was planning on hitting quads, calves, and abs this morning, but the little one kept us up to 1am last night. So, I opted for ~5 hours of sleep instead of 3 and a workout and slept in to 6am. My quads grow fast and normally overpower my upper body in terms of balance IMO, but I've missed quite a few quad workouts lately. Hasn't been a bad thing for my upper body, but I can tell I've lost some size in my quads and need to start getting on the ball with them once more. So, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Leg Presses and Sissy Squats are a bitch, but they are so effective!

DIET

I've finally got it ironed out. I'm still 21 weeks out. So, I'm not really pressed in terms of time. I'm following a template that I created using a Layne Norton article. I used it for a short while several months ago, and it seemed to be working well. My goal macros are as follows:

NORMAL DAY
    Cal - 2495
    Pro - 275g
    Fat - 75g
    Cho - 180g

REFEED DAY
    Cal - 3130
    Pro - 220g
    Fat - 90g
    Carb - 360g

On training days, my carbs will be centered around my workouts: 75g pre, 30g intra, 75g post. The meals the rest of the day will be lean meats, healthy fats, and raw veggies. I will be starting out with 2 refeed days a week. As time goes on, I'll drop one if needed. It all depends on how things are progressing. But, my gut tells me that by the time the comp roles around I won't be having any reefed days. We'll see.

SUPPS
    SDMZ 3.0 - It's working. My strength is definitely up, but I'm having to judge it by how light my daughter is feeling in her car seat the last few days! LOL!
    Clen - Upped to 50mcg last night.
    Progress pics will be taken on Friday.

16. Well, I didn't update yesterday like I should have. Had a nice calf, quad, ab day. I can tell that it had been about a month since my last quad workout though as my strength was really down. It's definitely time to rectify that though. I've put some good size on my upper body and I've lost a little size in my quads. Balances me out a little more as I tend to be very quad dominant, but at the same time I don't want to start going the other way. Here's what I did:

1/7/2014
    Leg Press
    90x10, 180x10, 270x5, 360x5, 450x5, 640x5, 730x10 no rest 840x4
    Calf Presses
    90x10, 180x10, 270x10, 360x8, 450x5, 640x5, 730x3, 840x1
    Standing Cable Crunch
    70x35

After yesterday's workout, I started thinking about how I need to be able to push my limits more in my workouts. I feel like I haven't really been challenging myself as much as I could. Also, I read this article about Jon Anderson on JTSstrength yesterday that really got me fired up. So, I've decided to go back to DC training. I did a very successful cut back about 4 or 5 years ago while training DC style. I gained a ton of strength and lost a lot of fat. I looked the best I ever had up to that point AND I was the strongest I had ever been up to that point. Time to beat the log book. Now, even with the brevity of a DC training session, I had to adjust the split a little. Here's what I'm planning on doing:

DAY 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Back Width
    DAY 2 - Bis, Calves, Hams/Back Thickness, Quads

EXERCISE ROTATIONS
    Chest - Incline Smith Press >> Flat Bench >> Dips
    Shoulders - Standing Upright Rows >> Standing Overhead Press >> Rear Delt Machine
    Triceps - Close Grip Incline Press >> Reverse Grip Bench Press >> Pullovers
    Back Width - Wide Grip Pullups >> Chin-ups >> Vbar Pulldowns
    Bis - Barbell Curls >> Preacher Curls >> Hammer Curls
    Hams/Back Thickness - Good Mornings >> Romanian Deads
    Quads - Leg Press >> Front Squats
    Every 3rd Leg Day - Deadlifts >> Clean and Jerk

I'll still hit Bis and Calves on that third leg day, but I really miss hitting my deads and cj's. Plus, those exercises really get the fat fires burning. Here's what I did today:

1/8/2014
    Incline Smith Press
    135x10, 185x8, RP 185x12,4,1
    Standing Upright Rows
    60x10, RP 135x6,1,1
    Close Grip Incline Press
    RP 115x10,4,3
    Wide Grip Pullups
    RP BWx10,3,1
    Barbell Curls
    65x10, RP 85x8,1,1

I did Bi's today too because I'm not sure how time will go tomorrow. But now that I think of it, I'm going to keep them with the lower body day because I want to get in my extreme stretches. Progress pics in 2 days.

17. DC Leg Day #1! It's in the books and it felt good. I have to admit though, I held back a little on leg presses and good mornings. Not something I'm going to let happen again. AND I need to pick up the pace on bi's and calves. No reason for them to have taken as long as they did. But I did hammer out a really nice set, especially considering I just hit them yesterday! Here's what happened:

Barbell Curls
    45x10, 65x10, RP 85x12,4,2
    Calf Presses
    90x10, 180x10, 270x10, 360x10, RP 450x10,4,2
    Good Mornings
    45x10, 95x10, 145x10, 195x10
    Leg Press
    450x8, 540x5, 630x3, 720x12

I really think that I could have gotten 15 on leg press and maybe 12 on good mornings. However, that is the heaviest weight I have used on good mornings ever. I just started incorporating them into my routine about a month ago and I really like them. As with any exercise, it's taken a while to get the form and feel down. At first I would lose tension on my hams. Not today, even with the heavy stuff I had great balance between hams, glutes, and back. I had a really nice pump in all three too!

Nothing to report on the SDMZ 3.0 other than increased strength. My daughter feels light as a feather in her car seat, and I can pick her up and front raise her into the base in the back of my F-150. To be fair, it's something I can do normally, but not like this! I'm excited to have a few more weeks on this stuff with the new routine. I'm going to be blasting away at the weights! Progress Pics tomorrow morning.

18. Another great training day! It was my second upper body day. I'm glad it's the weekend. I'm going to need a couple days off, but at the same time I'm feeling really good about this week's workouts and my progress. As for the workout, I'm planning on tweaking this day a little. I really like bench press for the ease that I can add smaller incremental weights, but doing a rest pause with it is annoying and not very considerate of the random spotters I grab. So, bench will just be straight sets and I'll finish with a 4 set FST-7 style isolation exercise. I also changed my shoulder exercise. I really need to hammer my rear delts to get more of that 3D look with side poses. So, I switched from overhead press to facepulls. I did get in an extreme stretch this morning, but I only had time for one. So, instead of the usual suggested stretches, I opted for an across bench dumbbell pullover. Basically, I took a 100lb dumbbell and lowered it to the bottom position and held it for as long as I could. This actually hit the chest, lats, and tris all at once. So, it's a great stretch in a pinch. Here's what I did:

1/10/14
    Bench Press
    135x10, 185x10, 225x5, 275x5, RP 275x11,1,1
    Facepulls
    35x12, RP 65x10,4,3
    Reverse Grip Bench Press
    225x8
    Chin-ups
    BWx12,3,1
    Across Bench Dumbbell Pullover Stretch
    Slow 40 Count

I need to start weighing myself when I get to the gym so I know if I need to add weight or not to my bodyweight exercises. Boy and that stretch had me seeing stars when it was over! Brutal. As promised, here's some progress pics. Have a great weekend!

19. Progress Pics from this morning.

This week was rough with work. So any weight lost was diet only as I didn't make the gym. It worked well though as you can see. Next week I'll be back at it full bore!

20. Well, the weekend's come and gone as well as Monday and today I was back at it! It was certainly tough getting out of bed after last week and Monday. The desire to keep sleeping was strong, but the steel in my conviction to compete was stronger! It was leg day today and a tough one at that. Not so much that exercises were any tougher than normal, but over the last week with the exception of a couple nights this weekend I've been only getting about 4-5 hrs of sleep. Last night was no exception. Hopefully tonight I can get my customary six and start feeling more rested. The one thing that stinks about sleeping so little is that my lungs get very tired feeling. So, when your lungs are already giving you grief at the beginning of the workout, it's tough to really put some oomph into it. But excuses cannot overcome. There is a log book to beat, or as in today's case a bar to be set. My lower back was feeling pretty stiff today, so I decided to exchange my planned front squats for hack squats. My last pin on Monday was a little further back on my right shoulder than I thought, so I've got some major pip in my right rear delt too. It made curls fun today, but it's really gonna make rows and pullups fun tomorrow! Well, without further ado, here's today's workout:

1/21 - Leg Day B - Round 1
    Preacher Curls
    45x10, 65x10, *RP 85x10,1,1
    Hack Squat Calf Raises
    90x10, 180x10, 270x10, *RP 360x8,3,2
    Romanian Deads
    135x10, 225x10, *275x8
    Hack Squats
    180x10, 270x10, *360x15

The weights for calves and quads don't include the weight of the skid. Tomorrow is Upper Body A - Round 2. Time to start beating the log book! Here's my goal weights or reps:

Incline Bench - 190
    Standing Upright Row - 125 (more than 8 reps RP)
    Close Grip Bench - 115 (more than 10 reps)
    Pullups - BW+10

In terms of diet, I'm still keeping myself unrestricted on the weekends, and I make sure I eat plenty! I was really excited about my progress pics last Saturday, and I'm back at it in terms of strict diet since yesterday. I know I posted my original plan a couple weeks ago, but the best laid plans don't always follow what reality dishes out. Here's what my typical day looks like right now:

Breakfast ~ 8am
    6 eggs, 1.5 cups of oatmeal

Lunch ~ Noon
    10 oz meat (cooked weight, today was steak), 1 cup frozen sweet corn, 1 cup frozen sweet peas, 1 cup frozen mixed fruit, 1.5 cups canned black beans

Supper ~ 7pm
    10 oz meat, 1 cup fibrous veggie, 1.5 cups carbohydrate

Just three meals a day, but my muscles are staying full and the fat is disappearing. Keeping things clean and full of fiber really seems to be doing the trick for me at the moment. We'll see how things continue to progress! Progress pics Friday.

21. 1/23/2013 - Upper Body A - Round 2
    Incline Bench
    135x10, 135x5, *190x18
    Barbell Upright Rows
    45x10, 95x10, *120x11
    Close Grip Incline Bench
    *135x16
    Pullups
    *BW(215)x12
    Xtreme Stretch: Dumbbell Pullover Hold
    *100x50 count

This morning I skipped the auxiliary exercises because time was of the essence. Had to drop off my car at the shop with my wife and 11 month old and then go pick up a rental car all before 7:15am so my wife can get the kid to daycare and herself to work on time. Luckily our daughter went to bed on time last night so momma and daddy were able to get the chores done and lunches made before hitting the hay last night. So all I had to do this morning was get dressed, make breakfast, and help get our daughter ready for the day. It felt really good being able to get all that accomplished and still get the training in. I wish every disaster filled evening ended so smoothly. Oh well, it's been another tough week, but this time it's not so much work as it's been dealing with getting this car fixed. We'll soon have a second car down here though, which will make things much easier. Hopefully in a few months when our lease is up, we'll be able to move down south closer to her job too. We REALLY need to have another hour and a half to two of our life back! We just don't have enough time to get done what we need to/want to right now.

Bitching aside, it was a great workout! I've got a great comparison as to just how heavy that Smith Machine at our gym is too. First round, I did my inclines on the Smith and I was able to do 185x12. Today I did them free weight and rocked out 190x18! And that's not total rest pause reps, that's a straight set. I couldn't believe it! I definitely need to be upping the weight next round! My right rear delt only gave me guff on the pullups, but I went as wide as the grips would allow this time and a couple reps in it started feeling pretty good. It got sore again towards the end of the set, but I didn't let it hold me back. I'm not quite sure what's up with it, but it's continuing to heal and not giving me any issues otherwise. I'm thinking it may just be pip that hasn't cleared up fully yet, but I'm going to keep an eye out. I'm not sure progress pics will happen tomorrow like I said in my last post, but at the very least they will be put up on Saturday. I think the wifey will appreciate it if I bring the posing trunks along on our ski trip!

I'm going to be ending the clen soon to let my receptors clear up. I like clen at 4 week increments, and it's coming to an end. I'm beginning to see diminished returns with it, so it's time. May get myself some yohimbine to run in the meantime, but I'm not sure yet. I'm also considering ECA, but since Ephedra effects the beta receptors as well I've always thought it to be a hindrance to receptor recovery. May have to try adding some evening cardio, but I'm not sure how feasible that's going to be. At the very least, the diet is staying locked down tight!

Tomorrow is Lower Body C - Round 1. Bring on the deads!!!

22. 190x18 holy crap!
    [email protected]

23. I know right?! I told the spotter, I'm going for 15. It just started feeling a little hard at 15! Lol! Then metabolic fatigue showed up like a bitch on the rag and I was only able to squeeze out another 3. Definitely time to increase the load.

24. Here's the last month's progress and today's pics.

25. Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post

Here's the last month's progress and today's pics.
    Big progress....shredding up for sure!
    OLYMPUS UK REP
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 02:10 PM
  2. Making the Best Out of a Bad Situation.
    By LowKeyLifter in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 01:43 PM
  3. WHO MAKES THE BEST M1,4add
    By Kachinsky in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 10:15 PM
  4. Making the change from high to low volume training
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 12:05 AM
  5. What makes the site go down?