Rob112^3...That means cubed guys. See what I did?

Page 6 of 139 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Hey man, finding a weakness is always a good thing, now you have something to bring up! Usually that point takes away the quad drive from the movement. Working that spot will develop the all-important hamstrings, quite possibly the most important muscle group to a total.
    Yea I agree, just was surprised. I thought it was bad sessions before. Nope, that's my weak point. Off the floor momentum probably carries me through it so I never notice. That's one thing that really threw me off on the cube is I was basing this off of my deadlift which I shouldn't. Just another thing I have a better second run.

    I still gotta get around to making little blocks and platforms, too.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."


  2. I'm the exact same with blocks, man. It's weird
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    Yea I agree, just was surprised. I thought it was bad sessions before. Nope, that's my weak point. Off the floor momentum probably carries me through it so I never notice. That's one thing that really threw me off on the cube is I was basing this off of my deadlift which I shouldn't. Just another thing I have a better second run.

    I still gotta get around to making little blocks and platforms, too.
    When I do deficit pulls, the bar flies off of the floor, but yet I'm slow off the floor regular. Haven't been doing block pulls so much. Definitely should incorporate them and see what I make of them.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  4. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

    When I do deficit pulls, the bar flies off of the floor, but yet I'm slow off the floor regular. Haven't been doing block pulls so much. Definitely should incorporate them and see what I make of them.
    Well let me know what you think. If it will help my total ill keep doing them...I don't want to do them just to do them
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  5. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    Well let me know what you think. If it will help my total ill keep doing them...I don't want to do them just to do them
    I'm sure they'll help ya bud. I plan on doin the same
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  6. Do you feel that the weakness at that point is an issue? You could try paused deadlifts (at your weakest point on the shin) to try and get stronger in that position:
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Do you feel that the weakness at that point is an issue? You could try paused deadlifts (at your weakest point on the shin) to try and get stronger in that position:
    YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD6Ps2aokRo
    Never really thought it was...it may be though. I'll keep doing them. Just gotta lower the weights and not base off my deads next cycle through.

    Very interesting technique in the video. I have a buddy who reps out with out touching the floor with sub maximal weights to finish of deadlifting sessions.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  8. It might be the difference in how you set up at that height. Either way, it's Westside's principle of getting stronger at slight variations of your competition movement to build peripheral muscle and strength. Can't be a bad thing.

    Rule #1: Get good at what you're bad at!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    It might be the difference in how you set up at that height. Either way, it's Westside's principle of getting stronger at slight variations of your competition movement to build peripheral muscle and strength. Can't be a bad thing.

    Rule #1: Get good at what you're bad at!
    You are the rock, guiding light of this thread(no homo) lol

    Thanks man. And your right. I appreciate the help.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  10. Gonna keep this in mind on my bench on Tuesday.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfo-VJGOK4

    Nice seeing more videos lately from him.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Gonna keep this in mind on my bench on Tuesday.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfo-VJGOK4

    Nice seeing more videos lately from him.
    Good find, man
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    Good find, man
    I like how he explains the leg drive in this video a lot. Makes sense on how to do it with the hips. Bell recently spoke of it like this, although he wasn't demonstrating. He also drops 400+ lbs to his chest free fall practically, regroups, and powers it off(bell) lol.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  13. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    I like how he explains the leg drive in this video a lot. Makes sense on how to do it with the hips. Bell recently spoke of it like this, although he wasn't demonstrating. He also drops 400+ lbs to his chest free fall practically, regroups, and powers it off(bell) lol.
    He definitely captures leg drive perfectly. Great to hear how he does so well with it. Bell and Green are great examples of how to press raw.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
  14. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

    He definitely captures leg drive perfectly. Great to hear how he does so well with it. Bell and Green are great examples of how to press raw.
    Green is an absolute freak. And I'll watch that vid after work. Good look rob.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

    He definitely captures leg drive perfectly. Great to hear how he does so well with it. Bell and Green are great examples of how to press raw.
    Yea, it's nice to have the visual too. I may try to put my feet out a little more. I'm thinking it may help with stability. My feet are way under me now.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  16. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    Yea, it's nice to have the visual too. I may try to put my feet out a little more. I'm thinking it may help with stability. My feet are way under me now.
    That helped me bigtime
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    That helped me bigtime
    Yea I saw you do it and looked more stable, and now Dan green...it works for 2 out of 2 people as of right now
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good find, man
    this, good vid...

  19. Bench

    Pause Rep Bench-Worked up to 195 x 5sets of 3reps
    +slingshot-225 x 3, 2
    DB Row-95 x 10ea, 5ea, 6ea
    T/Y/Tate Press-30's x 5ea x 3sets, 7ea/5, 8, 6, 6/10reps x 3 sets, 12

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2prv7LYsY

    Did the set up a little different on bench. I really felt my legs get the bar off my chest. I see two things that I think I need to work on. If you guys have any tips that would be great. I really think that Dan Green explanation is going to pay dividends towards a better bench.

    On a side note, the wife's story got picked up by Celsius(drink company) so she is stoked. I am slowly but surely getting her more into the weights than the cardio I'm very happy for her.

    http://www.celsius.com/live-healthy/..._********email
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  20. Congrats for your wife man. Mine is finally starting to get into exercise mode. As long as she'll do it with friends, she will keep it up.

    I suck at bench so I'm not gonna give any advice other than try to keep your head down on the bench (unless it's meet legal wherever you may compete again)

    I thought it looked good though man.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Congrats for your wife man. Mine is finally starting to get into exercise mode. As long as she'll do it with friends, she will keep it up.

    I suck at bench so I'm not gonna give any advice other than try to keep your head down on the bench (unless it's meet legal wherever you may compete again)

    I thought it looked good though man.
    My next is December and it is legal. I will work on keeping it down once I get it better at this new style. I can't do too much at once bc I get easily confused on bench lol.

    And thanks man. If she does it with friends that's cool. I think the key is if they can enjoy it even a 1/5 of what we do that will love it.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  22. That's pretty cool Rob, congrats...

  23. Squats

    Worked up on a box to a few sets at 185 DE style, then no box up to 275 for a double
    +reverse black mini bands single looped-275 x 2, 2, 295 x 2, 2 + 1
    Pseudo SSB GM-135 x 10, 155 x 3sets of 5reps(kept drifting to my right)
    Snatch Grip DL-135 x 10, 185 x 5quick sets of 3 reps with hold at top of last rep each set
    Did Planks with feet on swiss ball and forearms on bosu ball. Actually very hard, especially on lower abs. 4sets to fail.

    May not get to workout again this week bc my schedule sucks ass so I decided I can beat myself up a little. Felt great. I am really looking forward to maxing on squats soon. I feel like I am going to do good. Can't wait!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  24. I've also been fluctuating around 206lbs right now. That's going well too.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  25. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I've also been fluctuating around 206lbs right now. That's going well too.
    Fatty! Lol. Probably some good quality mass. Nice work.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  26. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

    Fatty! Lol. Probably some good quality mass. Nice work.
    I'll be honest...definitely some more cushion. I will say it is going on smoothly though lol
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  27. I wish I weighed 200 again... of solid mass lol
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  28. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I wish I weighed 200 again... of solid mass lol
    I'm going by Brandon Lilly standards. If I start getting too fat and uncomfortable I will cut...then try again. That could lead to 200lbs of mass haha
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  29. Haha going by his diet too? Looks like what I eat in 2-3 days.

    I stopped worrying about weight awhile back. I focus on strength and keep an eye on general body composition. I know as long as I eat good and clean and work hard, I probably can't eat enough cals to gain much fat. It's working. Steady, slow weight gain and awesome strength gains. Focus on the important stuff. Even with my crappy sleep.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  30. http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g...&v=5EEV0WKvMkA

    I am becoming a complete fanboy of him as I learn something every video he puts out.

    I can't wait to front squat again now!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. FinaFlex PX Black "on track" (see what I did there!?)
    By mustang0341 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 05:55 AM
  2. crea trona AND glycobol?! see what i did there?
    By tyga tyga in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 06:43 PM
  4. Getting Tax Return In a few days ..Whats that mean??..lol
    By slipondajimmy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Log in
Log in