Rob112^3...That means cubed guys. See what I did?

Page 42 of 139 First ... 4041424344 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

What'd ya do for internal rotation?
    Mashed the whole area. Then voodoo flossed the shoulder, laid on the floor, had my wife apply pressure with her foot, and then I internally rotated the shoulder(this one seems kind of sketchy and the whole arm gets tingles). Then I did some stretches with the band. Wrap around wrist and let arm get pulled behind you with the arm rotated to put all the pressure in the front of the shoulder, and then one where I pull the hand behind me(as if I was stretching the tricep).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U4d7fsz3g7s

This vid has the band stuff.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

2. Good stuff, Rob, thanks.

Voodoo floss...I has nobody
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good stuff, Rob, thanks.

Voodoo floss...I has nobody
    I am lucky as **** my wife is also my mobil-a-buddy, or super friend lol
    Training Log
  4. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good stuff, Rob, thanks. Voodoo floss...I has nobody
    Same boat Sean...

5. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Same boat Sean...
    Go find yourself a slam pig..then talk her into bein your super friend haha
    [email protected]
    •   

6. smoker145

Go find yourself a slam pig..then talk her into bein your super friend haha
    Replace pig with hottie and it's strong advice.

Thanks brah. And I'm starting water tomorrow. 2 gal a day.. Let's go

7. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Replace pig with hottie and it's strong advice. Thanks brah. And I'm starting water tomorrow. 2 gal a day.. Let's go
    3 gallons minimum, 4 if possible, high sodium, normal cal intake
    [email protected]

8. Looks good Rob.

I,T,Y,W circuits on a swiss ball may be helpful, provided they don't cause pain. I's are down at sides, vertically. T's are out to sides. Y's are forming a Y out front, with thumbs up. W's, start extended and then row back, retracting the scapulae. Start really light, such as 2-3 lbs.

Cuban presses can be helpful too -- I think Toro and Sean do these.

I also like to do internal/external rotation with a pulley or bands, including high, for external rotation, and low for internal rotation -- arms are at 90 degree angles for these, just as they are when you do them conventionally at the sides.

Anyhow, this is just stream of consciousness, some of the stuff I've been doing. I also generally advocate working on the mid and lower traps, and laying off stuff that engage the upper traps, when there are shoulder issues. But that's just a generalization. Listen to your body over all else.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

9. ^Good stuff
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Looks good Rob.

I,T,Y,W circuits on a swiss ball may be helpful, provided they don't cause pain. I's are down at sides, vertically. T's are out to sides. Y's are forming a Y out front, with thumbs up. W's, start extended and then row back, retracting the scapulae. Start really light, such as 2-3 lbs.

Cuban presses can be helpful too -- I think Toro and Sean do these.

I also like to do internal/external rotation with a pulley or bands, including high, for external rotation, and low for internal rotation -- arms are at 90 degree angles for these, just as they are when you do them conventionally at the sides.

Anyhow, this is just stream of consciousness, some of the stuff I've been doing. I also generally advocate working on the mid and lower traps, and laying off stuff that engage the upper traps, when there are shoulder issues. But that's just a generalization. Listen to your body over all else.
    Never did the I portion. I do T and Y here and there. I'll look up Cuban press. Thank you very much for the ideas. I'll throw some of this into my training.

Interesting idea on the traps...not sure if mine are tight or not. I rarely directly work them, but indirectly they get hit a lot.

You the man
    Training Log
  11. smoker145

What's wrong with direct trap work? I shrug many sets on deadlft day

12. @Sean1332

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jUeMFbY6Q4U

Similar idea and positioning but solo for the IT work. I am gonna try this later this week.
    Training Log

13. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Nothing wrong with direct trap work. It's just that so many guys over develop the upper traps, and once that occurs, it makes it nigh impossible to develop the mid and lower traps, which leads to shoulder dysfunction and injury for lack of good scap retraction. The upper traps will steal everything.

You'll hear me saying this a lot, because it's true.

I can't really give you feedback as I don't know your routine well enough, though I think it's safe to say that there is no reason to be doing lots of sets of shrugs unless you have a significant deficit there. 3 sets of strict shrugs on DL today should be plenty ample. But YMMV, and this is just one guy's opinion -- a guy who has taken many logic courses, @herderdude, lol.
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

14. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    You need to read full posts man

Edit: jinx got it haha
    Training Log

15. I haven't done shrugs more than once every couple months since 2007. More like 5-10 sets a year. And I get comments on how I don't have a neck or "bro your traps are huge" all the time. Overhead pressing, olympic lifts, heavy rows, and deadlifts are all you need to build freakish trapezius development.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

16. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I haven't done shrugs more than once every couple months since 2007. More like 5-10 sets a year. And I get comments on how I don't have a neck or "bro your traps are huge" all the time. Overhead pressing, olympic lifts, heavy rows, and deadlifts are all you need to build freakish trapezius development.
    Same for most of my lifting career. And I used to have some pretty freaky traps myself, at least relatively freakish for a lil guy. I prefer an upright cable row, as we've discussed.

17. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I haven't done shrugs more than once every couple months since 2007. More like 5-10 sets a year. And I get comments on how I don't have a neck or "bro your traps are huge" all the time. Overhead pressing, olympic lifts, heavy rows, and deadlifts are all you need to build freakish trapezius development.
    Same. I stick them in once a month or so like curls.
    Heavy dead sets and the next day my neck is dom'ed out.

18. Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Same. I stick them in once a month or so like curls.
    Heavy dead sets and the next day my neck is dom'ed out.
    I like to superset all major upper body movements with shrugs, starting with the shrug, to preexaust. Doesn't everyone do this?

19. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    I like to superset all major upper body movements with shrugs, starting with the shrug, to preexaust.
    Have you read Paul Kelso's book?
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Kelso-Shru.../dp/093452338X

I used to to do some lat shrugging, but I just got away from it. Don't seem to need it IMO.
    Didn't Poliquin say, in order to curl a good bit of weight, it was good to shrug???
    Hey, Atlas shrugged.

20. Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Have you read Paul Kelso's book?
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Kelso-Shru.../dp/093452338X

I used to to do some lat shrugging, but I just got away from it. Don't seem to need it IMO.
    Didn't Poliquin say, in order to curl a good bit of weight, it was good to shrug???
    Hey, Atlas shrugged.
    Lol re Atlas Shrugged. Truth be known, I am not a Rand fan. Not Paul, not Ayn.

And sometimes my sarcasm is indecipherable, lol. I am, however, a fan of the Kelso shrug, actually, as it hits the lower and mid traps much better than a traditional shrug, IMO.

21. Snatch grip high pulls are the only exercise that gets my traps sore, love em. I've def noticed some trap development since implementing them.

Edit: and farmer carries. Fuark a shrug.
  22. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Snatch grip high pulls are the only exercise that gets my traps sore, love em. I've def noticed some trap development since implementing them. Edit: and farmer carries. Fuark a shrug.
    Hey don't talk sht on shrugs lol

I will do snatch grip starting next week and continue to farmer carry yal

23. Shrugs as all assistance exercises^^^^^
    Training Log

24. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post

Keep it simple, dude. You don't need to be layering all this stuff on at this juncture. Focus on your core lifts. You don't need to be worrying about your upper traps. That's a point I have been trying to make, albeit unsuccessfully apparently. To be clear, I don't shrug at all, except to intimate that I don't know the answer to something, which, as you know by now, is rare, lol.

25. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145

Shrugs are inferior to SGHP'S IMO. I've started doing them 3 months ago, every week, and my traps still get sore every time. I'm finally getting some trap development. I needed it.

Edit: I agree with the jinx, focus on core lifts. I'm just tired of seeing my neck. I want it gone.
  26. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Keep it simple, dude. You don't need to be layering all this stuff on at this juncture. Focus on your core lifts. You don't need to be worrying about your upper traps. That's a point I have been trying to make, albeit unsuccessfully apparently. To be clear, I don't shrug at all, except to intimate that I don't know the answer to something, which, as you know by now, is rare, lol.
    I stick to the 3 main lifts. It's not like I don't deadlift. On that day I'll do my sets, then shrugs and than hypers to end it. Starting next week I'll change some stuff up, but I'm not layering all these exercises into my routine. It's pretty basic for upper and lower

Like bench
    Tbar
    Cable row
    Face pull
    Tricep

Squat
    Gm
    Core

Deaslifr
    Shrug
    Hyper

Ohp
    Bb row or tbar
    Another row variation
    Core

27. I'd replace those shrugs on deadlift day with unilateral leg work IMO
    [email protected]
  28. smoker145

I'd replace those shrugs on deadlift day with unilateral leg work IMO
    Haha I'm out numbered here clearly.

Next Monday I'll make a template and run it by all you fellas. Thanks eveyone for input

29. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Haha I'm out numbered here clearly. Next Monday I'll make a template and run it by all you fellas. Thanks eveyone for input
    Out of fairness, I direct you to @iparatroop ' s log. But you still are outnumbered, kiddo.

30. I believe in direct trap work as an assistance to Oly lifts (clean/snatch) because the shrug is a major portion of each of those lifts. I don't do it to build amazing traps, as I'm not really going for that, but it's an added benefit. I'm not saying that I shrug everyday, or that I plan on it either. Lilly's program calls for it, as well, so it's part of my routine now anyway. I know that there are plenty of other exercises that will develop the traps, but for me, shrugging is essential for Oly movements. I don't think you can go wrong with it, unless, as @jinxie mentioned, your upper traps become overdeveloped. To each his own though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. FinaFlex PX Black "on track" (see what I did there!?)
    By mustang0341 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 04:55 AM
  2. crea trona AND glycobol?! see what i did there?
    By tyga tyga in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 04:01 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 05:43 PM
  4. Getting Tax Return In a few days ..Whats that mean??..lol
    By slipondajimmy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 05:41 PM