13 Weeks to RPS Rawdawg Nats: Herder's PUUUGHE Comeback - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 48

13 Weeks to RPS Rawdawg Nats: Herder's PUUUGHE Comeback

Page 48 of 78 First ... 43464748495053 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    I get that urge, like today, to just go to the gym for a bit and do back or something. But I rest instead. I know I'm gonna need to be 100% or as close to it as possible on dec15, and I want to be ready.

Rather over rest than under. If I was on aas it would be different but I'm many years away from that
    I'm currently on 4 Andro Rx by IML and Super DMZ 2.0 by Blackstone Labs (IML company). And it's STILL more beneficial to over-rest than under! Dance with who brung ya, man. I just go into the shed because I'm bored and have nothing else going on. That's catching up with me. Another thing catching up with me: The calories. I'm thoroughly disgusted with these current pictures. I'll be posting up new ones four weeks after the meet, and if there is not significant improvement, then I'll have to rethink my diet and consequently my training. If I'm not recovering with this massive of a surplus, then I'm just going to have to dial it back until I look like I lift weights.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131031_221516.png
Views: 39
Size:  260.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131031_221528.png
Views: 41
Size:  241.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131031_221544.png
Views: 42
Size:  258.2 KB
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html

2. smoker145

Got some belly, but many of us do. I had a long talk with my boss and coworker and I'm gonna eat better but still keep my cals up. I've been going a little buck wild on all this fast food and what not
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You look just like a geared PLer lol.

Bro, the guts a good thing. Ask Zydrunas Savickas, he'll tell you.
    •   

4. smoker145

I know you don't give a **** about aesthetics probably. But maybe do the old bulk until spring and then shed some weight like a bear. Then in the fall bulk and go nuts. It's just nature man
  5. smoker145

Back is look big thou man. No homo. Nice
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I know you don't give a **** about aesthetics probably. But maybe do the old bulk until spring and then shed some weight like a bear. Then in the fall bulk and go nuts. It's just nature man
    Yeah, I'm not trying to be 8% or tiny waisted. Hell, I wouldn't be tiny waisted even at 8%. I just want all the work I put in to show, instead of being the fat guy that scares all the young kids at the gym. If I'm going to try to break into the industry, I'm going to have to be able to advertise just by walking in the room.
    Training log:
  7. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Yeah, I'm not trying to be 8% or tiny waisted. Hell, I wouldn't be tiny waisted even at 8%. I just want all the work I put in to show, instead of being the fat guy that scares all the young kids at the gym. If I'm going to try to break into the industry, I'm going to have to be able to advertise just by walking in the room.
    Well I wouldn't change to much before the comp. then after you can slowly clean up your diet, and then really step it up before summer. And 8%? **** that lol I bet if you lose 15 you'll be much more aesthetic man and still kicking ass
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You have any idea how much your trying to cut, or just playin it by ear?

You're an ex-wrestler, so you know how to cut weight.
  9. smoker145

And I don't think you have to look like Dan green or Kroc, but some aesthetics would help ya out probably
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    You have any idea how much your trying to cut, or just playin it by ear?

You're an ex-wrestler, so you know how to cut weight.
    Oh, cutting and dieting are two completely different things. I rarely dieted for wrestling, I'd couple the increase in work with less food and that would get my walking around weight within 6-10lbs of my class and then I'd have a 1.5-2 day fasted cut with no water for the last 18hrs. That really affects performance.

I'll definitely be competing at 220, that won't even be a hard cut. When I drop the compounds ten days out, I'll lose 5-6 pounds of glycogen and water and then it's just an 8lb cut. That's easy peasy considering how hydrated I stay compared to when I wrestled, when hydrating was looked down upon and the room we trained in was hot enough to have you sweating as you walked in wearing a t-shirt and compression shorts. 6lbs of water loss in a two hour practice was pretty standard for me.

I definitely can't cut calories now, but when I get to dieting, there won't be a number in mind. Probably sub-210 as a conservative goal. That would still have me in the teens as far as body fat, so if I'm still unsatisfied, I'll keep going. I was having good results with carb nite, so maybe EC plus carb nite will get me around 205 by March. There's a big push/pull at Pgh International at the end of March, so maybe I'll compete at 198 there and see if skinny me is closer to or farther from an elite total at 198. I have said in the past that I was going to compete at 198, though, and both times I got around 212 and stalled out. So sub 210 should be pretty challenging.

Ramble ramble ramble.
    Training log:
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

And I don't think you have to look like Dan green or Kroc, but some aesthetics would help ya out probably
    Ever see a bloated Matt Kroc? Now THAT's aesthetics! WPO had 48hr weigh-ins. It's been speculated that he weighed 250-255 when he set the world record total at 220.
    Training log:
  12. smoker145

Ever see a bloated Matt Kroc? Now THAT's aesthetics! WPO had 48hr weigh-ins. It's been speculated that he weighed 250-255 when he set the world record total at 220.
    That's just good work on his part
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

That's just good work on his part
    Oh, absolutely.
    Training log:
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You would look like a freak at sub 210. Do your thing hombre.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Cut and get lean to 198 and go up against me n Sean.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Cut and get lean to 198 and go up against me n Sean.
    Lol. Skinny me's total would get embarrassed by your guys' totals. I'm 50lbs off yours with 20lbs on you!
    Training log:
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

We should all compare totals/body weight and see who has the biggest #
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    We should all compare totals/body weight and see who has the biggest #
    Just do Wilks, that's the best way. http://wilkscalculator.com/

19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Mine was 383.4
    Training log:
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Today my scapulae were absolutely plastered down in one spot. Need to keep freeing those bad boys up and opening up my hands if I want to hit my bench goals. Probably going to buy some Fat Gripz Extreme today or tomorrow.
    Training log:
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Today my scapulae were absolutely plastered down in one spot. Need to keep freeing those bad boys up and opening up my hands if I want to hit my bench goals. Probably going to buy some Fat Gripz Extreme today or tomorrow.
    I bought one of those things that you put on your finger tips and open the hand...I'll let you know how it goes.

Fat gripz extremes must be ridiculous. I have the normal size and they are big. You gonna get a nasty hand shake
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

I bought one of those things that you put on your finger tips and open the hand...I'll let you know how it goes.

Fat gripz extremes must be ridiculous. I have the normal size and they are big. You gonna get a nasty hand shake
    Already have one, buddy! I carry lumber all day long. It's not as good as some people I know (140lb wrestlers, all of them) My boss told me he had to tone his down after everybody told him to. His hand is like shaking a 2x4. The problem with carrying plywood is that it's very narrow and as a result, my resting hand posture is almost closed. I need to strengthen the opening muscles and loosen the closing muscles. Please do let me know how that thing works.
    Training log:
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Already have one, buddy! I carry lumber all day long. It's not as good as some people I know (140lb wrestlers, all of them) My boss told me he had to tone his down after everybody told him to. His hand is like shaking a 2x4. The problem with carrying plywood is that it's very narrow and as a result, my resting hand posture is almost closed. I need to strengthen the opening muscles and loosen the closing muscles. Please do let me know how that thing works.
    Haha awesome.

Yea my left arm with the problems is like half closed resting so we are on the same wave length on this one.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Feeling like a million bucks after getting an awesome night's sleep thanks to Resurrect PM (G8 next time for sure, Nutra was out of stock from the switch I guess?) and after working on my scapular mobility. My motivation that had been waning the past few days is back with a vengeance. I'm going to work on my scaps for a half hour and hit up some body day pressing. OHP, CGBP, and wide grip benching, all for a top set of 5-8.

Ordered 13 bottles of Nose Tork (you want me on your zombie apocalypse team now, don't you?) and my 3m Blue Arrows today. Excited to see how three meters of springy excellence treats me.
    Training log:
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

13 bottles?????
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    13 bottles?????
    I done told you already, I'm ready for anything!
    Training log:
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

3m wraps and that much nose tork, you squatting a grand?

Are those even legal USPA?
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

I <3 nose tork
  29. smoker145

Should have got 12 or 14. 13 is unlucky man come on
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So he should send me one to make it 12.. just sayin
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    3m wraps and that much nose tork, you squatting a grand?

Are those even legal USPA?
    They're legal for RPS. :-) I dunno about a grand, but I'll pull a Captain Kirk "I missed bigger than you!" I'm gonna be getting under 625 this training cycle anyway, unrack and walkout. Not sure when to put those in. Probably on the rest of my squat days.

Apparently Blue Arrows also come in 3.5m. I dunno who would allow those unless it's unlimited. If I'm going unlimited, I'm not using anything bouncy, I'm getting 3m Super Heavies or something ultra stiff like that.
    Training log:
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

They're legal for RPS. :-) I dunno about a grand, but I'll pull a Captain Kirk "I missed bigger than you!" I'm gonna be getting under 625 this training cycle anyway, unrack and walkout. Not sure when to put those in. Probably on the rest of my squat days.
    I made the mistake of walking out 635 after working sets and almost blacked out so.....maybe cut a set short?

You gonna break my 600 record? I just got my record certificate in the mail. It'd be awesome to see you hit 605+
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

or, your 3rd heavy squat day, reverse band 605 instead of the 95% then walk out 635
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

I made the mistake of walking out 635 after working sets and almost blacked out so.....maybe cut a set short?

You gonna break my 600 record? I just got my record certificate in the mail. It'd be awesome to see you hit 605+
    I dunno about this training cycle. The Big Bully says I can do it, but unless he's in Columbus scaring me into doing it (he's entirely capable), I'm not effing doing it.

For my unracks, I'm going to go up a quarter plate at a time, just like I would if I'm squatting it. It'll be an explosive day, so I'll take an over single at 405, six sets of 2 with 365, and then unrack 455, 495. Then smaller jumps as I'm not used to that kind of weight, so like 535, 570, 600, 625 I think.

EDIT: Might try what you said. But as of right now, I'm thinking 565 for second place would be pretty sweet. 70lb pr would be a lot to ask for. 30lb PR is still pretty huge.
    Training log:
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

For those of you too young to have been watching the WWF in 1991, like myself, here is the Big Bully, who goes to the gym where I train squats. He's almost 60 now and still looks pretty close to this jacked. He also has some of the tastiest protein bars I've ever had, the Bully Bar. He once took a world record 4th attempt 635 for a ride on the bench, which he said "squashed" him. So if he's there to tell me to squat 600, I'd probably listen.

Name:  nick-busick-picture-9.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  7.6 KB
    Training log:
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Woah
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  37. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I need some nose tork..............
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

I typically use the single use ammonia caps, 1 on 3rd squat and 1 on deadlift.

Don't why you'd want over 2.5m, it's just too much wrap to sit on for me.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Body Day (5s emphasis)

OHP
    135x5
    155x5
    185x5 back down
    155x11 PR

CGBP (pause 1" off chest)
    185,225,245x5
    275x4 damn.
    Back down, add reactive slingshot
    245x10

Max Legal Grip BP
    225,245,275x6
    Add reactive
    245x12

JM Press
    135x3x10

Tate Press/Neutral Grip Flat DB press
    45x3x8/6 and then 3-4 partials for the neutral press

Deep stretch, pause, press it up.

Push up
    BWx3x16 (last set slingshotted)

Pull up (fat neutral)
    BWx3x10

BB Row
    225x5x8

High Pulley Rows
    5 sets AMRAP

Lat Pulldown
    5 sets AMRAP

Facepull/Pullapart

Delt Raise (10lbs. Hold at top until failure, repeat until can't hold, then quick partials til failure)

Curls

Pump was off the charts huge. Unreal. Moved some good weight on this day, got some good TUT. I took a pro tip and paused a tick between each rep at the top, and I made my pauses off of the chest nice and long. When my brachialis feels good, it feels like I could bench a house. Can't wait for bench rep day #3, I'm gonna hit three 5s with 315 like a boss.
    Training log:
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Prehab was simple six, bully shoulders, roll bicep and forearms, stretch bicep, and 100 pullaparts.
    Training log:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:33 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:16 PM
  3. PHs-Any biological reason for weeks to work
    By mark in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 08:27 PM