JM
    185x8x3

Rolling Tri/Tate (same 45# dumbbells)
    5/5
    3/7

Plate laterals (plates have handles)/45# Plate Fronts
    25x12x3/45x8x3

Rear delt destroyer x1
    Almost barfed, didn't set up the low incline, I just rested my full belly on my thighs.

Pullaparts/Facepulls

Catback High Pulley Row
    Relatively heavy x12x3

Quick sesh since it was wayy late. Only took 65-70 minutes. I have some video, it'll be up later this week. Not spectacular, but it's the biggest double I've hit in quite some time (I think). And the heavy Lilly presses were a PR for a secondary movement. Up and down, I guess.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Max Scherzer...
    You know, I haven't gotten to see him pitch a single solitary time this year, or ever for that matter. Which kinda bums me out.
    Training log:
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Friday night bench sesh!

Comp Bench
    Barxmilli
    95x35
    135x8
    185x5
    225x5
    275x3
    295x3
    315x2 slow
    325x2 last one a grind, but the heaviest repping I've done in awhile
    Add reactive slingshot
    365x2
    Remove slanger, add 1" pause off chest
    295x3x2

JM
    185x8x3

Rolling Tri/Tate (same 45# dumbbells)
    5/5
    3/7

Plate laterals (plates have handles)/45# Plate Fronts
    25x12x3/45x8x3

Rear delt destroyer x1
    Almost barfed, didn't set up the low incline, I just rested my full belly on my thighs.

Pullaparts/Facepulls

Catback High Pulley Row
    Relatively heavy x12x3

Quick sesh since it was wayy late. Only took 65-70 minutes. I have some video, it'll be up later this week. Not spectacular, but it's the biggest double I've hit in quite some time (I think). And the heavy Lilly presses were a PR for a secondary movement. Up and down, I guess.
    Well, despite your reservations it looks like a great session to me. You can always do some back work and whatever else makes you feel good tomorrow, but with respect to training the bench looks like a nice session.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post

Well, despite your reservations it looks like a great session to me. You can always do some back work and whatever else makes you feel good tomorrow, but with respect to training the bench looks like a nice session.
    I dunno. I can rep for days at 275-295, get about 4 with 315, and shell out a slow single with anything from 320-340. In April, I hit 335 for two consecutive triples.

I really want to know where my bench has gone.
    Training log:

5. I look up to you and your pressing abilities. Give me a 4 wheel bench to watch, damnit!

Seriously though, you've gotta strong press dude.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I dunno. I can rep for days at 275-295, get about 4 with 315, and shell out a slow single with anything from 320-340. In April, I hit 335 for two consecutive triples.

I really want to know where my bench has gone.
    Probably all used up from holding back all the ladies chasing that manliness.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

7. I need your bench.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  8. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Max Scherzer...
    Tigers ain't doing it this year my friend. Scherzer is good but his numbers are padded. He's no ron Guidry. I think the athletics will give em a fight, but I think it's the sox who take em down. And I hate the sux

9. Killed it man. Hell of a day.

10. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    I need your bench.
    Its different when it's a need and not a want Herder. Give it up! Haha
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

11. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Bucs in 4, you heard it here first.
    I'll buy that...!

Solid pressing

12. Thanks, all. Somehow I don't feel all that beat up from yesterday. Note: Don't take enhanced at 8pm. I was perfectly awake and alert well into 3am. Not wired, of course, just felt like I could have gotten up out of bed and read James Joyce with no issues.
    Training log:

13. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Thanks, all. Somehow I don't feel all that beat up from yesterday. Note: Don't take enhanced at 8pm. I was perfectly awake and alert well into 3am. Not wired, of course, just felt like I could have gotten up out of bed and read James Joyce with no issues.
    I was up til 4 because of enhanced!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

14. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Thanks, all. Somehow I don't feel all that beat up from yesterday. Note: Don't take enhanced at 8pm. I was perfectly awake and alert well into 3am. Not wired, of course, just felt like I could have gotten up out of bed and read James Joyce with no issues.
    It's the best pre workout I've ever used, hands down. That being said, yeah i've taken it a few times around 6-7 pm and had the same fate as you. (Un)Fortunately I work nights so this isn't a huge problem.

15. The Craziest Training Session of 2013

Today was Cube Boss Repetition Deadlift Day. Aka "Let's See What You're Made Of Day" I can't believe I have to turn around and do this conventional in three weeks. The dread is setting in already. Short and sweet on paper, hell on earth in real life. It went a little something like this:

Sumo Pulls from the floor
    315x12x3

Sumo Pull from 6" Blocks
    345x8x3

2.25" Deficit Conventional
    345x8x2

By this time, we had one almost puke (Anthony) and two near collapses (me). Assistance had no choice but to be low-impact.

Chest Supported Row
    155x8x5

Band Assisted Pull ups
    10,9,8,5 with four different grips

No-Band Swing Reverse Hyper
    AMRAPx5 (reps in the 10-15 range)

Found a way to increase the stretch/traction on the reverse hypers. That will be extremely helpful when I go to get out of bed for the rest of this week. The first three weeks of Cube Boss pulling, I went with the max recommended volume. Next three I'm going with the minimum recommended volume, so I'll be able to squat. Once my work capacity catches up, I'll be able to squat like a maniac. This deadlifting insanity is making my hips and lumbar out of control strong, and my form is improving in a hurry.

Highly recommend either Cube Boss pulling or incorporating Toro's style of pulling from one different height each week.
    Training log:

16. I'm liking this a lot. Cube Boss is the template in his new book correct?
    [email protected]

17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'm liking this a lot. Cube Boss is the template in his new book correct?
    Yes.

18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yes.
    Gotcha. Just caught the "Boss" part on the page before the template.
    [email protected]

19. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Gotcha. Just caught the "Boss" part on the page before the template.
    You have the book, right?

20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'm liking this a lot. Cube Boss is the template in his new book correct?
    It's great. Competition movement first, just like it should be for raw lifters, overloading, and underloading. Take your standard Cube percentage and just go 5% over and 5% under respectively. You really have to tell yourself to do assistance work after you get done with that. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do Day 4. Probably a lot of different kinds of pressing in a bodybuilding manner, with some back and reverse hypers.
    Training log:

21. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    You have the book, right?
    Yup. Just never picked up on the Boss part.
    [email protected]

22. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    It's great. Competition movement first, just like it should be for raw lifters, overloading, and underloading. Take your standard Cube percentage and just go 5% over and 5% under respectively. You really have to tell yourself to do assistance work after you get done with that. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do Day 4. Probably a lot of different kinds of pressing in a bodybuilding manner, with some back and reverse hypers.
    I may give this or CWS's Raw Westside Template.

I definetly say some obnoxiously heavy ass Pendlay rows should be had on Day 4.
    [email protected]

23. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

It seems like it would be very effective for the powerlifts, especially the DL.

Don't know how much carryover that specificity would have to athleticism or overall strength athletics. Any comment on that aspect?

24. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It seems like it would be very effective for the powerlifts, especially the DL. Don't know how much carryover that specificity would have to athleticism or overall strength athletics. Any comment on that aspect?
    I would imagine work capacity will go through the roof, especially if you follow his conditionin movement advice
    [email protected]

25. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

I would imagine work capacity will go through the roof, especially if you follow his conditionin movement advice
    Conditioning sure, but that can (and should) be done with any training program for these sports.

26. True.
    [email protected]

27. Nice sesh big dawg

All that pulling...makes me want to add more pulling to deads day

I bet it's brutal, and fun
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

28. It's Sunday and I don't see a video up!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

29. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It seems like it would be very effective for the powerlifts, especially the DL.

Don't know how much carryover that specificity would have to athleticism or overall strength athletics. Any comment on that aspect?
    Specificity as far as powerlifting goes: carryover through the roof. Attack weak points with a compound movement, rather than a single joint movement. I just hope I'll be able to get some GMs in on all of my squat days and fronts on all of my deadlift days. I wasn't able to do anything but chest supported rows today. I think the work capacity increase will do nothing but help on a long meet day.

As far as for athlete athletes, it's hard to say. Maybe if you wanted to get people proficient at a movement quickly and make sure that the athlete is getting the best bang for their buck with compound movements. But that kind of volume could take away from things like sport practice and jumps. Maybe a training max and throttling back the volume would be beneficial. For example, today I could have added in a third set of deficits, or done 12 reps of the deficits. OR I could have only done two sets of eight reps off the floor. OR rather than basing my percentages off of a 5lb PR (which is exactly what I've been doing), I could base them off of a 85-95% training max. Autoregulation. As a coach, there is no autoregulation, only you. This is because most people don't understand what they're capable of. If you had told me I could do what I did today before I did it, I would have laughed at you. Extremely effective for the powerlifts though.

Here's what's in the sample for each lift, though, going comp, over, under:

Squat, Oly or Front, Pause

Deadlift, Block, Deficit

Bench, CGBP, Pause off chest

So the overload movement in squat and bench would probably be based off of your max IN THAT MOVEMENT. But, this is just a sample template, and it's up to each individual lifter to find what will grow his total.
    Training log:

30. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    It's Sunday and I don't see a video up!
    Do you realize just how much sports have been on TV today?? I'm going to try to learn my computer cam right now and hopefully have you a video in maybe an hour. YOU BETTER FUGGIN LOVE IT, GIRL
    Training log:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 12:33 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 07:16 PM
  3. PHs-Any biological reason for weeks to work
    By mark in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 09:27 PM