Bean's Training/supplementation and all things competition

Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

    He makes us all looks like shrimp...trust me...
    Even snags?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Even snags?
    Well....isnt snags russian?? I mean its like apples and oranges really
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Even snags?
    Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

    Well....isnt snags russian?? I mean its like apples and oranges really
    You guys are killing me. I haven't even seen a pic of either one of em in months. I'm sure they're both leaving us in the dust...
    Independent Review

  4. Haven't seen bean lately but snags looks crazy big and dicing up a lot.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Haven't seen bean lately but snags looks crazy big and dicing up a lot.
    I have to give credit where credit is due. That guys got some wicked ass discipline ingrained in that brain housing group of his

    Military jargon... Can't get away from it
    Independent Review
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

    I have to give credit where credit is due. That guys got some wicked ass discipline ingrained in that brain housing group of his

    Military jargon... Can't get away from it
    Bean's the same way though. That dude follows plans to a T. They're both good examples of impeccable work ethic.

  7. Dave and Justin sitting in a tree...
    Independent Review

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    Can't wait for a nood update

    Keep killin it bro!
    Thanks hopefully I can shed some water by then lol

    Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

    Calendar marked for 3 weeks from now...
    Ill be there

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Dem gains... Yeesh your making me feel like a shrimp
    Hardly bro. You look massive In your latest pics!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

    He makes us all looks like shrimp...trust me...
    Too kind but far from true

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Even snags?
    Hell no!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

    You guys are killing me. I haven't even seen a pic of either one of em in months. I'm sure they're both leaving us in the dust...
    Snags is for sure dood amazes me with his discipline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Haven't seen bean lately but snags looks crazy big and dicing up a lot.
    ^^^this

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

    I have to give credit where credit is due. That guys got some wicked ass discipline ingrained in that brain housing group of his

    Military jargon... Can't get away from it
    Crazy

    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post

    Bean's the same way though. That dude follows plans to a T. They're both good examples of impeccable work ethic.
    I try but am so far from that level of discipline. This is the best I've been in the off season. If it weren't for the ****ty weight I put on post comp (rebound) I'd be looking great, BUT I needed that to happen, as it taught me a valuable lesson about reverse dieting out of a show! Thanks for the kind words though

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Dave and Justin sitting in a tree...
    K I s s I n g
    Wait wut?!

    Lol
    Independent

  9. 7-11-13

    Little wo update since I have a moment

    Today was chest day. I've been tinkering with my strength a bit as last week I got 300x3 on flat BP after a ton of volume lol. Today I toned the volume way down to test it again

    135x20
    185x8
    225x5
    275x5
    315x3
    225x10

    My left elbow started to give on my 3rd rep at 315. Going back to the plan next week just wanted to see where I was at here.

    Incline BP
    195x13/12/10/8

    Low cable cross
    35x15/12/11 2 sec contraction

    High cable cross
    45x12/12 drop 25x19

    Incline hammer strength
    90x12/12/12 drop 45x25

    Ladder push-up
    2 sets xfailure

    AB roller 3x15
    Independent

  10. Tomorrow is back/calves/HIIT

    Saturday is leg day número 2!
    Independent

  11. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

    I have to give credit where credit is due. That guys got some wicked ass
    I can believe that
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

  12. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

    I can spank off to that
    Hmmm :P

  13. Bean, what are your two leg days looking like??

    Been playing around with the idea of hitting legs 2x week but it's hard I really only have m-thr to train..
    I squat Mondays, thinking of adding extra leg work on Friday but I'd have to manage to make it to the gym before working 12hrs... Yuck

  14. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

    I can spank off to that
    ^^THIS^^
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

  15. Saw your shyt in FB today. Looking good
    Independent Review

  16. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Bean, what are your two leg days looking like??

    Been playing around with the idea of hitting legs 2x week but it's hard I really only have m-thr to train..
    I squat Mondays, thinking of adding extra leg work on Friday but I'd have to manage to make it to the gym before working 12hrs... Yuck
    Yeah tbh it's fukkin diff every week. I can't find something I like. I'm trying to have one day be a quad emphasis day and the other a ham emphasis day but tbh I'm ****ing bored with the whole thing. I think I'm on week 8 or 9.

    I'm not a fan of separating quads and hams. So I'm really not sure exactly what I'm doing. How's that for help ace ??!! Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Saw your shyt in FB today. Looking good
    Thanks brother ! That pic was from my show lol I look nothing of the sort right now
    Independent

  17. Well if you are bored with splitting them up DON'T! Some people need to split them up and some people do not. Depends on your work capacity, bone structure, mind muscle connection, and many other aspects. The only time I really enjoy splitting mine is when doing a full body push & pull split. That way I can do my Squats all out then turn around later in the week and do my dead lifts all out. Bottom line most pressing or squatting movements hit both, I like to do a mix and break them down all at once. If you want to work them twice a week try a low rep / high rep day. I feel those are more beneficial in most circumstances. However once a week is plenty if you are really crushing them. That or on back day add in Deads and that will hit legs pretty good. Then just separate your leg and back day by a few days.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  18. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well if you are bored with splitting them up DON'T! Some people need to split them up and some people do not. Depends on your work capacity, bone structure, mind muscle connection, and many other aspects. The only time I really enjoy splitting mine is when doing a full body push & pull split. That way I can do my Squats all out then turn around later in the week and do my dead lifts all out. Bottom line most pressing or squatting movements hit both, I like to do a mix and break them down all at once. If you want to work them twice a week try a low rep / high rep day. I feel those are more beneficial in most circumstances. However once a week is plenty if you are really crushing them. That or on back day add in Deads and that will hit legs pretty good. Then just separate your leg and back day by a few days.
    I feel like they need a little more than just deads.

    Mine have grown a lot from 1x/week, but they'll grow more from 2x, which as a competitor I need

  19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well if you are bored with splitting them up DON'T! Some people need to split them up and some people do not. Depends on your work capacity, bone structure, mind muscle connection, and many other aspects. The only time I really enjoy splitting mine is when doing a full body push & pull split. That way I can do my Squats all out then turn around later in the week and do my dead lifts all out. Bottom line most pressing or squatting movements hit both, I like to do a mix and break them down all at once. If you want to work them twice a week try a low rep / high rep day. I feel those are more beneficial in most circumstances. However once a week is plenty if you are really crushing them. That or on back day add in Deads and that will hit legs pretty good. Then just separate your leg and back day by a few days.
    I'm actually just bored with this routine. 10x10 are fun for a while but these sessions take a long time. Leg day alone takes about 75 mins without cardio and abs. I like to get In and get out in 60 or 70 mins everything included. My hiit is only 15 mins.

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    I feel like they need a little more than just deads.

    Mine have grown a lot from 1x/week, but they'll grow more from 2x, which as a competitor I need
    My legs have gotten stringer for sure and my ass has grown but my quads haven't do e ****.

    Even with the current volume I'm still recovered enough to hit them twice a week. I just don't know how to structure it to where I'm taking advantage of both days without doing the same workout twice. I was thinking of a heavy day and a volume day but with everything I got going on right now it's just adding to my stress trying to lay something out lol.
    Independent

  20. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I feel like they need a little more than just deads.

    Mine have grown a lot from 1x/week, but they'll grow more from 2x, which as a competitor I need
    I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about crushing the entire legs one day in the week, then he could add in some heavy moderate reps deads on back day to get some extra stimulation since he said he was short on time and the two times a week was not really working out for him with his schedule not so much his recovery. Two times a week is greatregardless of if you split them up or do them together when you have the time but when you don't it is about maximizing the time you do have. Deadlifts fit into a back day and when done for bodybuilding IE deep in the bucket using more leg than back in hypertrophic rep ranges can provide plenty of stimulus as a second lift in the week to stimulate the legs.

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    I'm actually just bored with this routine. 10x10 are fun for a while but these sessions take a long time. Leg day alone takes about 75 mins without cardio and abs. I like to get In and get out in 60 or 70 mins everything included. My hiit is only 15 mins.



    My legs have gotten stringer for sure and my ass has grown but my quads haven't do e ****.

    Even with the current volume I'm still recovered enough to hit them twice a week. I just don't know how to structure it to where I'm taking advantage of both days without doing the same workout twice. I was thinking of a heavy day and a volume day but with everything I got going on right now it's just adding to my stress trying to lay something out lol.
    Well when splitting them up EI Quads/Calve and GLutes/Hams - it is easy not to repeat.

    To me from what you are saying about your progress it sounds like you are posterior chain dominant. I have to do heavy leg press with my feet low on the platform to get good quad growth. Squats are great and make my adductors, hams and glutes grow all day but don't do much for my quads at all. Even when I change my feet position to close stance and go ATG they still don't have much effect on my quads.

    I like to do something like this.
    Leg Day 1, 6-8 reps on squats , with lying leg curls, leg extensions and maybe some hacks all in the 8-10 range, and standing or machine calf raises.
    Leg Day 2, Leg Press Feet low on the platform for 10-12 reps as heavy as possible, romanian dead lifts x10-12, seated leg curls, & leg extensions in the 12-15 rep range with seated calf raises.

    Just something simple that hits your legs from all angles. After a little bit you can switch the rep schemes on Day one to Day 2 and Day 2 to day 1. Sometime i will do the leg extensions and leg curls first to pre exhaust the muscles, there are a lot of little things you can do.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

    I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about crushing the entire legs one day in the week, then he could add in some heavy moderate reps deads on back day to get some extra stimulation since he said he was short on time and the two times a week was not really working out for him with his schedule not so much his recovery. Two times a week is greatregardless of if you split them up or do them together when you have the time but when you don't it is about maximizing the time you do have. Deadlifts fit into a back day and when done for bodybuilding IE deep in the bucket using more leg than back in hypertrophic rep ranges can provide plenty of stimulus as a second lift in the week to stimulate the legs.

    Well when splitting them up EI Quads/Calve and GLutes/Hams - it is easy not to repeat.

    To me from what you are saying about your progress it sounds like you are posterior chain dominant. I have to do heavy leg press with my feet low on the platform to get good quad growth. Squats are great and make my adductors, hams and glutes grow all day but don't do much for my quads at all. Even when I change my feet position to close stance and go ATG they still don't have much effect on my quads.

    I like to do something like this.
    Leg Day 1, 6-8 reps on squats , with lying leg curls, leg extensions and maybe some hacks all in the 8-10 range, and standing or machine calf raises.
    Leg Day 2, Leg Press Feet low on the platform for 10-12 reps as heavy as possible, romanian dead lifts x10-12, seated leg curls, & leg extensions in the 12-15 rep range with seated calf raises.

    Just something simple that hits your legs from all angles. After a little bit you can switch the rep schemes on Day one to Day 2 and Day 2 to day 1. Sometime i will do the leg extensions and leg curls first to pre exhaust the muscles, there are a lot of little things you can do.
    Not a huge fan of extensions but I actually hit legs twice this week as well, Monday and Friday. Mine looked very similar to what you have.

    Monday
    leg curl / 1 legged sldl
    Squats
    Ghr
    Then either Bulgarian split squats or unilateral leg press


    Friday
    Leg curl warmup / 1 leg sldl
    Deads
    Hack squat or Bulgarian or even leg press
    Extensions
    Finish with some lunges

    As you can see mon is more posterior chain, Friday is more quad

    What do ya think kleen


    Calves both days.

  22. Looks good to me!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  23. Thought I'd throw a couple weight session updates in. Sorry guys still busy as fock so this thread isn't my priority ATM.

    Yesterday 7/24

    Shoulders

    Warmup

    DB OH Press / DB lateral raises
    55x25/15x25
    70x22/20x20
    70x20/20x17
    70x16/20x15

    Behind Neck BB Press/upright rows
    115x12/70x13
    115x11/70x12
    115x9/70x11

    Seated Rear delt raises/reverse shrugs
    30x30/185x10
    30x25/185x10
    30x22 drop 15x20/185x9 drop 135x20

    Shoulders were wrecked couldn't lift my arms to drink bcaas. Pump was ridiculous 1/2 scoop karbolyn pre and 1/2 scoop intra plus max pump equals crazy pumps.

    Today 7/25

    Legs

    Warmup

    Squats
    Bar x 20
    135x20
    225x15
    275x12
    315x8
    365x5 stopped here depth was close but not quite low enough. Weak out of the hole
    Drop
    225x20 good depth 2 sec pause in hole

    Hacks
    3ppsx15/12/10
    Strip sets down to 1 pps
    12/12/18

    Quads smoked

    Leg curls fst
    130x12/12/12/12/12/11/10
    Leg ext fst
    130x12/12/12/11/11/10/9

    Calf raises on hack machine
    In out neutral feet
    All sets to failure didn't count reps

    Notes-
    So back on track with diet after a few days in the dumps stressed etc etc. weight back down to 214-215 upon rising on my digital scale. Today I weighed myself on my scale after pre wo meal then right when I got gym (5 min drive) on a counter balance scale (the kind in dr office). My scale had me at 216 the gym scale had me at 227lbs wtf??? Which one is more accurate? If I'm 225 ish I'm not very happy lol.

    Strained my left tendon in my elbow wake boarding last weekend. Still bugging me on presses etc. dull ache a bit weak.

    Training is whatever I want right now. Bored with the 10x10 stuff. Have a couple weeks left then I'm taking a week off for camping then ill probably start PHAT upon my return.

    For now I'm thinking legs twice a week like I mentioned with squats twice a week but I'm thinking one day doing 60-70% Max with pause reps to work on my strength stability out of the hole, then heavy day on next leg day. Thoughts?
    Independent

  24. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Thought I'd throw a couple weight session updates in. Sorry guys still busy as fock so this thread isn't my priority ATM.

    Yesterday 7/24

    Shoulders

    Warmup

    DB OH Press / DB lateral raises
    55x25/15x25
    70x22/20x20
    70x20/20x17
    70x16/20x15

    Behind Neck BB Press/upright rows
    115x12/70x13
    115x11/70x12
    115x9/70x11

    Seated Rear delt raises/reverse shrugs
    30x30/185x10
    30x25/185x10
    30x22 drop 15x20/185x9 drop 135x20

    Shoulders were wrecked couldn't lift my arms to drink bcaas. Pump was ridiculous 1/2 scoop karbolyn pre and 1/2 scoop intra plus max pump equals crazy pumps.

    Today 7/25

    Legs

    Warmup

    Squats
    Bar x 20
    135x20
    225x15
    275x12
    315x8
    365x5 stopped here depth was close but not quite low enough. Weak out of the hole
    Drop
    225x20 good depth 2 sec pause in hole

    Hacks
    3ppsx15/12/10
    Strip sets down to 1 pps
    12/12/18

    Quads smoked

    Leg curls fst
    130x12/12/12/12/12/11/10
    Leg ext fst
    130x12/12/12/11/11/10/9

    Calf raises on hack machine
    In out neutral feet
    All sets to failure didn't count reps

    Notes-
    So back on track with diet after a few days in the dumps stressed etc etc. weight back down to 214-215 upon rising on my digital scale. Today I weighed myself on my scale after pre wo meal then right when I got gym (5 min drive) on a counter balance scale (the kind in dr office). My scale had me at 216 the gym scale had me at 227lbs wtf??? Which one is more accurate? If I'm 225 ish I'm not very happy lol.

    Strained my left tendon in my elbow wake boarding last weekend. Still bugging me on presses etc. dull ache a bit weak.

    Training is whatever I want right now. Bored with the 10x10 stuff. Have a couple weeks left then I'm taking a week off for camping then ill probably start PHAT upon my return.

    For now I'm thinking legs twice a week like I mentioned with squats twice a week but I'm thinking one day doing 60-70% Max with pause reps to work on my strength stability out of the hole, then heavy day on next leg day. Thoughts?
    Yoir a beast and phat is great!!! Kill it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  25. Those workouts are sick. The supersets on shoulder day looks simply painful... nice!

    If you have been using the digital scale more often as your tracking tool then I would go with that as being your accurate one.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

    Yoir a beast and phat is great!!! Kill it!!
    Why thanks bud good to see you

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Those workouts are sick. The supersets on shoulder day looks simply painful... nice!

    If you have been using the digital scale more often as your tracking tool then I would go with that as being your accurate one.
    Shoulder day was fun rests were 30 secs. My shoulders have never been so pumped lol

    I'm just calling the weight somewhere between the two lol. I just use weight as a gauge to see what my metabolism is doing based off what I'm eating
    Independent

  27. 70x22 for DB military... Reps for days! Nice work brother! That's some crazy volume!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    70x22 for DB military... Reps for days! Nice work brother! That's some crazy volume!
    Thank you 804. Feeling strong as fukc lately lol. Problem with DB press is anything over 70 kills my shoulders to get up. I need a partner bad :-)
    Independent

  29. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    I need a partner bad :-)
    Ill be your partner...but you gotta buy me dinner first--im not cheap or sleezy.....or were you talking about a lifting partner??
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

    Ill be your partner...but you gotta buy me dinner first--im not cheap or sleezy.....or were you talking about a lifting partner??
    Sounds g2g wait what?
    Independent
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. breezy's training, supplementation, and food log
    By breezy11 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 6869
    Last Post: Today, 05:01 PM
  2. Snag gets FINAFLEXed on Road to Nationals
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 1650
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 11:29 AM
  3. Hemorrhoids..the Road to the Nationals..and all things Finaflex
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 11:43 AM
  4. Pro-Test Stacks and all things lethal
    By Primal2099 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 01:09 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Log in
Log in